Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th December 2015, 20:55   #61
BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Renault Fluence Facelift : Driven

After a lot of deliberation and test rides of various cars like the Ciaz, City, and Rapid, when I finally drove the Fluence, I found it in a different league altogether. Already we have a Corolla and the ride and handling on the Fluence was vastly superior. Went for it. Chose a black one which had to be shipped in from their Chennai plant.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Renault Fluence Facelift : Driven-dsc_02171.jpg  

2014 Renault Fluence Facelift : Driven-dsc_02191.jpg  

2014 Renault Fluence Facelift : Driven-dsc_02211.jpg  

dr_anurag is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 05:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
After a lot of deliberation and test rides of various cars like the Ciaz, City, and Rapid, when I finally drove the Fluence, I found it in a different league altogether. Already we have a Corolla and the ride and handling on the Fluence was vastly superior.
Finally! A Corolla owner to confirm my judgement that this car is in essence a more interesting modern day Corolla. It is very impressive as an overall package

Congratulations on the car and hats off to you for going against the tide for a truly capable yet underrated product
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 08:08   #63

Quote:
After a lot of deliberation and test rides of various cars like the Ciaz, City, and Rapid, when I finally drove the Fluence, I found it in a different league altogether. Already we have a Corolla and the ride and handling on the Fluence was vastly superior. Went for it. Chose a black one which had to be shipped in from their Chennai plant.
Congrats. Fluence is indeed a far superior car than the others mentioned. Your observations regarding ride and handling are spot on. I dont understand the reason behind it being such a slow seller could you share the deal and discounts you were able to negotiate for this one.
Kshitizag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 10:27   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Finally! A Corolla owner to confirm my judgement that this car is in essence a more interesting modern day Corolla. It is very impressive as an overall package

Congratulations on the car and hats off to you for going against the tide for a truly capable yet underrated product
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshitizag View Post
Congrats. Fluence is indeed a far superior car than the others mentioned. Your observations regarding ride and handling are spot on. I dont understand the reason behind it being such a slow seller could you share the deal and discounts you were able to negotiate for this one.
Thank you IshanIan and Kshitizag. I am thoroughly enjoying driving the Fluence. Not to mention the second glances the car gets everywhere (one guy on a bike took a U-turn and came back to ask me -which car is this ?) I have no issues with the clutch pedal as mentioned by some. Infact, the gearing is extremely tractable in city driving conditions and one need not shift often. I was not a fan of diesel sedans. I am now! This is an E2 model as the E4 was not available in black. I got it for 13,40000/- on road ( with zero dep. insurance) + 19900/- for 4 years extended warranty - 12000/- for no claim bonus on transferring the insurance on my Ford Ikon (sold off).
dr_anurag is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 15:02   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Little late to the party, but congratulations Anurag and welcome to the club! I've been loving every moment with my Fluence, and this to me is amongst the most underestimated cars in the market. The very balanced ride and handling is a pleasure to experience, and I believe its far more superior to the corolla, whichever way you look at it (Snub "Resale")! It should have definitely done better.
RSM_TorqueZoner is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 11:06   #66
BHPian

Congrats dr_anurag. My brother (doctor) has also bought the same car in white in 2014 October.

Ajmat and others
Is it possible to upgrade the headlamps to LED? Currently running on Philips xtremevision. If LED is not possible would it possible to upgrade to HIDs for low beam?
Am concerned of the life of the HID bulb since the flasher uses both the high and low beams(not sure)

Any help appreciated
TorqMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 16:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Congrats dr_anurag. My brother (doctor) has also bought the same car in white in 2014 October.

Ajmat and others
Is it possible to upgrade the headlamps to LED? Currently running on Philips xtremevision.
Sorry about such a late response, have you made any progress so far? I had checked with the Renault service several months ago and they mentioned approx. 70 K for the facelift upgrade which included the new grill, bumper, headlamps etc. You might want to reach out to your nearest dealer
RSM_TorqueZoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 02:22   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM_TorqueZoner View Post
70 K for the facelift upgrade which included the new grill, bumper, headlamps
Sorry, no advancements made. Do you mean to say there are LED headlamps available as part of a later model which the dealer would have ? I doubt that because I wasn't aware of fluence with LED hardware in india.
TorqMaster is offline   Reply With Quote