Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2015, 12:47   #151
Newbie
 
redeye10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 18
Thanked: 25 Times
Question Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Hi All,

Since this is the official review thread, I want to share one incident regarding Celerio and know why it might have happened.
Few days back at one South Kolkata shopping mall basement parking, found a Celerio stranded, refusing to start, gas like substance coming out from the lower side doors on the driver side and of-course, terrible choking smell.
The driver had little clue, so the car was pushed to a side.
I was moving out so didn't know the fate / reason.
Can anyone here share why it might have happened?
Thanks in advance.
Roy
redeye10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 15:56   #152
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye10 View Post
Few days back at one South Kolkata shopping mall basement parking, found a Celerio stranded, refusing to start, gas like substance coming out from the lower side doors on the driver side and of-course, terrible choking smell.
Surprising!

Any aftermarket installation on that Celerio?

What type of gas? Any idea?

What is the current status of the car? Escalated to Maruti Suzuki?
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 20:14   #153
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default

Just a wild guess since you say basement parking -

If it's an AMT, he probably would have put it in D for too long, without moving the car. Easy to fry the clutch that way? (Remember there is no TC)

In showrooms, people put it in D to check the AMT and within no time you can get the pungent smell of the hot clutch.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 22:07   #154
Newbie
 
redeye10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 18
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Surprising!

Any aftermarket installation on that Celerio?

What type of gas? Any idea?

What is the current status of the car? Escalated to Maruti Suzuki?
Hi anurag, well i don't have much idea because I was leaving the parking lot. It was discolored gas. Since I saw it, so thought of knowing the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just a wild guess since you say basement parking -

If it's an AMT, he probably would have put it in D for too long, without moving the car. Easy to fry the clutch that way? (Remember there is no TC)

In showrooms, people put it in D to check the AMT and within no time you can get the pungent smell of the hot clutch.
Yes, that might have been the reason. The instant effect was panic among everyone else in the parking lot. Good point you mentioned though.
redeye10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 20:21   #155
BHPian
 
jassi_jeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 47
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by higautham View Post
any updates about FE of the AMT version..
For my alto K10 AMT which has run 102 K.M. it has been 15 KMPL all in the city with no A/c. I hope it shoots up after the initial services.
jassi_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 22:01   #156
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi_jeeper View Post

For my alto K10 AMT which has run 102 K.M. it has been 15 KMPL all in the city with no A/c. I hope it shoots up after the initial services.
102 kms run engine is not to be kept in mind and get worried on FE part.

Give the car time till running-in is completed along with the first service after which you can expect the FE to better out.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 12:26   #157
BHPian
 
abkett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SYDNEY/SINPORE/
Posts: 65
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Celerio diesel to be launched in April :

Maruti's self made diesel engine ( 800 cc) to power celerio . Probably it may become the most fuel effiecient diesel car with 30 kmpl during the period of launch . It may be overtake chevroleat beat in terms of Fuel efficiency .
abkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:33   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,124
Thanked: 1,135 Times
Default Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Celerio's EU version sales halted after it failed a heavy-braking test. Details are here:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-autocar-tests
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 08:53   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,820
Thanked: 10,750 Times
Default Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Suzuki Celerio gets four-star ANCAP rating, delayed launch in Australia due to the brake issue.

The Suzuki Celerio enters the Australasian market with the addition of head-protecting side curtain airbags and seatbelt reminders for both front- and second-row occupants – features omitted from the European-sold model.

Quote:
ANCAP is pleased to see that Suzuki Australia has made the decision to provide Australian and New Zealand consumers with a car which has these additional safety features.
“We are happy to see Suzuki’s positive response to this pressure even though the Celerio’s list of other safety features does not meet ANCAP’s requirements for five stars.”
As the Celerio did not have the requisite number of safety assist technologies (active and passive features) for five stars, it was ineligible for a pole test. Good performance in the pole test is required for a five-star rating
http://www.caradvice.com.au/334005/s...braking-issue/
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 20:06   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Hi Friends,

Recently due to an accident I have been told not to drive for 6 months and this could be more depending on the healing.

I have planned to sell of my trusty and comfortable FIGO and replace it with a Celerio AMT. This will allow my wife to drive it easily. I have a few questions.

In another thread there were issue mentioned with the AMT.

Is there a specific way of using the gearbox, like any specific way of driving? Do you need to slot in in N every time when you stop?

Are there no discounts offered what so ever on AMT?
desideep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 11:15   #161
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 986
Thanked: 395 Times
Default Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Recently due to an accident I have been told not to drive for 6 months and this could be more depending on the healing.

I have planned to sell of my trusty and comfortable FIGO and replace it with a Celerio AMT. This will allow my wife to drive it easily. I have a few questions.
I hope you are aware of the waiting time for Celerio AMT. You may not get it before 6 months.

I would suggest to look for other AT options. Grand i10 AT, Micra CVT and Brio AT are the closest competitors.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 11:51   #162
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I hope you are aware of the waiting time for Celerio AMT. You may not get it before 6 months.

I would suggest to look for other AT options. Grand i10 AT, Micra CVT and Brio AT are the closest competitors.

Rohan
Thanks Rohan, in white the car is readily available at two dealerships around my home town, any other colour may take 3-4 weeks.

I did consider other cars as well, but due to a tight budget I will have to go for the Celerio.
desideep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 08:24   #163
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Hi Friends,

Recently due to an accident I have been told not to drive for 6 months and this could be more depending on the healing.

I have planned to sell of my trusty and comfortable FIGO and replace it with a Celerio AMT. This will allow my wife to drive it easily. I have a few questions.

In another thread there were issue mentioned with the AMT.

Is there a specific way of using the gearbox, like any specific way of driving? Do you need to slot in in N every time when you stop?

Are there no discounts offered what so ever on AMT?
I wish you quick recovery mate!
My better half drives a Celerio and currently ODO reading is 1500kms. I have tried my hands for about 400kms, based on this experience i will try to answer your questions.

1. AMT gearbox is slightly different than regular CVT or Torque converter AT's. You will feel the gear upshifts in the form of tiny jerks.
2. When ever you need gear upshift, you need to take out the foot from gas pedal for a moment(a second or two) and press again.
3. When climbing on inclined surfaces (like ramps), one needs to be extra careful with AMT. One should not press gas pedal hard then AMT tries to upshift gear based on the engine rpm. I always use manual gear change during climbing, which is easy.
4. One should always slot in N, when ever vehicle stops. This will become a habit with usage hence so no issues here.

If one can accept and take care of these small things, Celerio is a boon for city driving.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 8th February 2015 at 08:28. Reason: To improve readability
hillsnrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 10:45   #164
BHPian
 
H_Dogg72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 281
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

I wouldn't really suggest a celerio after a figo. You're getting convenience but nothing in the safety department. You can either wait and see if Maruti gives ABS and airbags on the AMT or check the brio and Micra AT.
H_Dogg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 00:27   #165
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Hi Friends,

Recently due to an accident I have been told not to drive for 6 months and this could be more depending on the healing.

I have planned to sell of my trusty and comfortable FIGO and replace it with a Celerio AMT. This will allow my wife to drive it easily. I have a few questions.
Take care and recover soon buddy.

As for the Celerio, go ahead with the VXi version but the dad part is that car had no safety features in the AMT equipped- variant.

For AMT related points on driving+tips, read from the official review:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3447558 (Maruti Celerio : Official Review)

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th February 2015 at 00:31.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others champ27 What Car? 146 17th August 2016 10:02
Celerio: Maruti going cheap on Safety? vkarulkar Technical Stuff 29 6th May 2014 21:07
Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT launched tj123 The Indian Car Scene 491 28th March 2014 20:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:53.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks