Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2014, 21:37   #406
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,847
Thanked: 17,213 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup25 View Post
Am confused on whether to spend another 70000 for the new AVN or just fit one at half the price from an accesories store and not the dealer, any suggestions?
Don't even bother to spend that amount. It's like taking 70K and flushing down a toilet.

You get far better after market systems that do the job for as you mentioned half the price.

Any reputed shop can install an after market HU without voiding your warranty. You just have to ensure no wires are cut and the guy uses a Honda wiring harness/connector.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 11:29   #407
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 23
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
From Octavia / Fluence to Mobilio?

Interested to know what made you choose the Mobilio over the other cars you have mentioned - Verna/ Linea and stablemate City?
Two reasons for the switching from Octavia/ Fleunce to Mobilio ( to me it was moving from European to Japanese....)
1] The cost of maintaining the cars, I had been to both dealers and enquired about the cost of parts which I have worn down in my Logan and chances are I may end up wearing down in whichever car I buy and the parts were expensive, the budget too was much higher

2] The Fleunce is a solid car and but did not seem to have a lot of gizmos cars in that budget now have and I felt it may see a revamp and I will be left holding an earlier model, The Octavia was amazing but I read the forum here and one thing which came out consistently was the Skoda after sales service issues, since I was considering an AT the service worries ensured I did not give in to temptation btw the Skoda guys were willing to talk price and even gave options to reduce statutory costs and of all the dealers these guys were the most persistent !

Hyundai Verna/ Honda City

Well much easier here, I used to have an Hyundai Santro before the Logan and one thing about Hyundai is its packed with features but I was not sure about its ability in a crash situation ( though one should not think that when buying) The Honda City CVT I almost did buy even got a TD in a CVT which some dealers had denied me ( one more reason I went to Hallmark 50 kms away!!)

Here the choice was easier The wifey wanted a 7 seater which left me holding a XUV ( my brothers car ), an Ertiga ( which felt Zen like to drive ) and The Mobilio ! The City Engine and the Honda name and helped me decide plus it seemed less of an effort on narrow roads and U turns vis a vis the XUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Don't even bother to spend that amount. It's like taking 70K and flushing down a toilet.

You get far better after market systems that do the job for as you mentioned half the price.

Any reputed shop can install an after market HU without voiding your warranty. You just have to ensure no wires are cut and the guy uses a Honda wiring harness/connector.

Thanks

Considering I would not require the wooden finish it will be a huge sum for the AVN, trying to get details of which brand Honda will be using and more on the features, There is a shop in Colaba @ Mumbai which installs after market AVN's will check on the same for a quote and shall call the dealer to check on warranty wordings

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Going with the dealer is a better and safer bet since the car is new and nothing much is known about its long-term status, reliability and niggles so accessories fit from after market will stand voiding the warranty or may interfere in electronics etc.

So I suggest you to stick to the dealer else talk to the sales and service manager there and ask what if you install these after market?!

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag

The pricing is way too high but yes the car is new and one must factor that in... Will check with the Sales Manager who am interacting with on the warranty concern I would not have thought twice if the difference was 10 or 20% but the price is more than double here but will definitely keep what you said in mind before taking the call

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th August 2014 at 14:27. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Anup25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 15:55   #408
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,710
Thanked: 3,935 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

I saw the car for the first time on the road & it instantly reminded me of the Altura & Sienna Weekend, in a good way. To be honest, the front end doesn't gel with the big looks, especially the chiseled rear. The rear is fantastic.

It is a station-wagon. No MUV etc.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:45   #409
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 79
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Saw a golden coloured one up-close today on the Gurgaon toll towards manesar.

Surprisingly, looked good. I wasn't expecting much after the looks of the brio (personal opinion).

Though the backseat seems redundant like the ertiga, too little leg space for actual use.

EDIT:
was replacing the baleno. thought of the ertiga, but then the last row turne me off it completely.
went with the swift zdi.

Last edited by P.S. : 3rd September 2014 at 15:47. Reason: leg space opinion justification
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 22:49   #410
BHPian
 
andydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: bangalore
Posts: 81
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Hi,

I had booked my Mobilio Diesel S MT in July with Dakshin Honda which I changed to Diesel V MT with airbags based on advise of my Doctor cousin. I have been regularly following with the dealer but delivery is expected only by mid this month since I had requested for a change in model. They offered me white colour which I accepted since deliveries for other colours are even longer.

I am new to this forum and need suggestions from fellow members on below :

1. AVN unit make and model for mobilio (Basic, Mid range options)
2. Suggestions on Rear view camera/sensor for mobilio
3. Vendor for anti rust treatment around south bangalore
4. Any other fitment which may be useful

Thanks in advance
andydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 00:12   #411
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,557
Thanked: 10,500 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
I had booked my Mobilio Diesel S MT in July with Dakshin Honda which I changed to Diesel V MT with airbags based on advise of my Doctor cousin.

3. Vendor for anti rust treatment around south bangalore
Congratulations on being a part of this forum and congrats once again for the Mobilio.

Hats-off to that cousin who advised you to get a safer car and to you to go get out changed from 'S' to 'V' variant. Good investment.

For the anti-rust treatment, do go to 3M. They are the best I guess in business and also come with a 5 year warranty for the same.

All the best.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th September 2014 at 00:13.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 07:54   #412
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 468
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Hi,

I had booked my Mobilio Diesel S MT in July with Dakshin Honda which I changed to Diesel V MT with airbags based on advise of my Doctor cousin. I have been regularly following with the dealer but delivery is expected only by mid this month since I had requested for a change in model. They offered me white colour which I accepted since deliveries for other colours are even longer.

I am new to this forum and need suggestions from fellow members on below :

1. AVN unit make and model for mobilio (Basic, Mid range options)
2. Suggestions on Rear view camera/sensor for mobilio
3. Vendor for anti rust treatment around south bangalore
4. Any other fitment which may be useful

Thanks in advance
1 Blaupunkt sandiego 530 is what I got in my honda city and it comes with 2 year warranty and tom tom india maps. You can integrate rev cam also with that. It comes with a vey good bt phone support. Your dealer also will support it I hope. So no warranty issues.

2 Geesonic gives a rearview cam plus sensors arrangement if you wish to have both.

3 3m is the best as Anurag says. Would cost you 3400 plus taxes.

All the best.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 10:18   #413
BHPian
 
Fornax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 288
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup25 View Post
Am confused on whether to spend another 70000 for the new AVN or just fit one at half the price from an accesories store and not the dealer, any suggestions?
The 70000 you mentioned is for the (O) variant of the V trim and includes the hideous faux wood dash panels. The AVN itself is available for 40K, and I would recommend the dealer option, given the peace of mind. If your dealer is not offering the same, you can always remind him that Modi Honda is doing so in Andheri and Borivali.

Congratulations on your purchase, do post some pics once you bring your car home.
Fornax is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 13:10   #414
BHPian
 
andydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: bangalore
Posts: 81
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations on being a part of this forum and congrats once again for the Mobilio.

Hats-off to that cousin who advised you to get a safer car and to you to go get out changed from 'S' to 'V' variant. Good investment.

For the anti-rust treatment, do go to 3M. They are the best I guess in business and also come with a 5 year warranty for the same.

All the best.

Anurag.
Price difference between S and V is approximately 1.75L. I am generally a safe driver and don't over speed hence thought I can manage with Mobilio S with default ABS, EBD . But then cousin explained that he has seen many accidents happen because of rash driving of other drivers and an Airbag is a lifesaver in such cases and insisted I change the order, had no other choice :-)

Thanks for suggestion on rust proof treatment, I will try to find any nearby 3M vendor near my locality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
1 Blaupunkt sandiego 530 is what I got in my honda city and it comes with 2 year warranty and tom tom india maps. You can integrate rev cam also with that. It comes with a vey good bt phone support. Your dealer also will support it I hope. So no warranty issues.

2 Geesonic gives a rearview cam plus sensors arrangement if you wish to have both.

3 3m is the best as Anurag says. Would cost you 3400 plus taxes.

All the best.
How much did you pay for Blaupunkt sandiego 530, tom tom india maps and Geesonic rearview cam plus sensors. My SA suggested I get fitments done from outside as their costs are higher, I will anyway check their cost in my next visit. Thanks.


Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th September 2014 at 16:30.
andydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 15:10   #415
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I saw the car for the first time on the road & it instantly reminded me of the Altura & Sienna Weekend, in a good way. To be honest, the front end doesn't gel with the big looks, especially the chiseled rear. The rear is fantastic.

It is a station-wagon. No MUV etc.
Seen from a different perspective, TATA could consider exploring a station-wagon variant based on the Zest (more VFM than Dzire / Amaze) given the volumes done by the Ertiga / Mobilio.

After all they did have a station-wagon variant of the Indigo earlier.
Fx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 16:07   #416
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 468
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
How much did you pay for Blaupunkt sandiego 530, tom tom india maps and Geesonic rearview cam plus sensors. My SA suggested I get fitments done from outside as their costs are higher, I will anyway check their cost in my next visit. Thanks.
System Cost: 25000. But it needs some connecting kits to keep the warranty safe. They call it Connecting kits and SWC kit. That comes to 4200. For installation I paid 1000. Reverse Camera plus 4 sensors and the box that integrates this in to a Video output suitable for input to the HU - Rs 4500.

The SWC kit enables accessing Volume +,-, Phone Call reception and Hang up and Radio Station changes from Steering wheel.
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 17:00   #417
BHPian
 
9tMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 197
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup25 View Post

1] My current drive is a Renault Logan which has been faithful for over 7 yrs now, Build quality, Space and Suspension were the main criteria for my selection and a budget as well !
Just the person I was looking for - a Logan owner shifting to Mobilio.

My petrol Logan has been serving me beautifully for last 6 years and Mobilio will be on my radar some time in future. So wanted to find out your personal experience about the difference in ride quality.
Let's hear about the difference in ride comfort between Mobilio and Logan from a Logan owner's perspective.

I was quite shocked to see that at this price level Honda is not giving a basic engine guard for the petrol engine, while my Logan has a solid metallic engine guard even at almost half the price.
9tMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 23:36   #418
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Very good article on Autocar India about safety factors related to 3rd row seats in MPVs.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-blo...ay-390204.aspx
autoenthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 23:45   #419
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 916
Thanked: 995 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Beginning to see quite a few Mobilios on the road now. And I must admit, it does not look that cheap (from a distance). I haven't taken a closer look at it yet. Amaze built quality looked fine until I finally decided to check it out and TD it from the dealership. Up close, the panel gaps, fit and finish and the material quality of interiors were hugely disappointing in the Amaze. Mobilio could be in the same lines. Need to take a closer look.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 00:07   #420
BHPian
 
Fornax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 288
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Very good article on Autocar India about safety factors related to 3rd row seats in MPVs.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-blo...ay-390204.aspx
Elephant in the room is absolutely the best way to put it. Manufacturers have provided the least bit clarity on this piece of the MUV puzzle. Now, out of curiosity I googled for a rear crash test video, and one of them has scared me enough to go away from a MUV atleast for now.

Heres the link http://www.streetfire.net/video/392-...est_634708.htm

Takeaways:
1. 30% accidents happen when the car is stationary.
2. In traffic this car would have come out a lot smaller
3. Heads hittings against the truck were the clincher...err, the deal breaker for me.

Dont see the point of anyone upgrading to a MUV from a decent sedan, atleast not me.

Last edited by Fornax : 6th September 2014 at 00:22. Reason: Video Link Notice (Added & Removed)
Fornax is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visiting Honda @ Japan: Mobilio, Jazz, Hybrid Tech & Tokyo Motor Show theMAG The International Automotive Scene 50 31st August 2016 14:46
Honda Mobilio vs Maruti Ertiga S2!!! SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 168 10th December 2015 17:33
Honda stalls City production to accomodate Mobilio Alive2Drive The Indian Car Scene 48 9th November 2014 17:46
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29 MYB The Indian Car Scene 594 20th July 2014 22:15
HONDA MOBILIO in New Delhi redcandle Super-Cars & Imports in India 4 22nd December 2006 12:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks