Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 08:27   #841
BHPian
 
nijelj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore-Ktym
Posts: 340
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post

One last 🙋dy?
Question to fellow zest cravers, Did you ask for the Extended warranty? My SA told me it out is only the increase of warranty kms from 100000 to 150000. No period increase. Can you clarify?
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 08:29   #842
BHPian
 
arindam_xeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 119
Thanked: 232 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Acessories are yet to reach my dealer so he had no clue, I had these same questions & more.

My SA said HK unit is software upgradable but had no idea if it can be scaled up to navigation.

Why paint the front brake calipers? U mean with body paint?



Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Ok sir, please let me know if you come across any related info on the accessories!
I read about that navigation bit in one of the reviews but need to confirm on it. It will really make the HU complete.

I saw a picture with the body coloured callipers, really liked it, hence decided to get it done on 16 spoke alloys.

Sir any info on fitting a sump guard? Is it do-able in service centers? I was told it's not done in factory!

Regards,
Arindam

Last edited by arindam_xeta : 21st September 2014 at 08:31.
arindam_xeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 08:45   #843
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 683 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Question to fellow zest cravers, Did you ask for the Extended warranty? My SA told me it out is only the increase of warranty kms from 100000 to 150000. No period increase. Can you clarify?
Really? I was told it was an additional year plus increase to 150000. I am going to the SA to make final payment, will confirm.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 12:32   #844
BHPian
 
bullet_chacha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NEW DELHI
Posts: 79
Thanked: 54 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Booked my Zest in Silver a couple of days ago and got a confirmation that the car has been allotted! Don't really know what does that mean, but I think it would be an early delivery.

Those concerned about the space at the rear can be assured that its very comfortable as I made my family sit at the back just to have a feel of it, although they were not comfortable with the recline angle. The space is awesome though
bullet_chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 13:19   #845
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 745
Thanked: 198 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Question to fellow zest cravers, Did you ask for the Extended warranty? My SA told me it out is only the increase of warranty kms from 100000 to 150000. No period increase. Can you clarify?
The extended warranty gives an additional 1 year and 50K kms.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 13:49   #846
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,500
Thanked: 5,219 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Met my Revotron XT Pristine White for the first time today, even got to drive it a bit at the stockyard, was butter smooth & utterly silent.
Wow! The car looks stunning in that first pic. Congrats!

Hope we will be seeing an ownership report soon.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 20:12   #847
BHPian
 
thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Today I went to dealer to check white colour , it looks good but still it's plain white and not metallic or perl white which SA was telling earlier. Since Strom was next to the white zest hence I can see the difference and honesty didn't like it and also wondering why TATA is charging 5 K extra on it. Colour was more closer to indigo than storm or aria.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Really? I was told it was an additional year plus increase to 150000. I am going to the SA to make final payment, will confirm.
It's one year addition and 150K, confirmed.
thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 20:32   #848
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 683 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Today I went to dealer to check white colour , it looks good but still it's plain white and not metallic or perl white which SA was telling earlier. Since Strom was next to the white zest hence I can see the difference and honesty didn't like it and also wondering why TATA is charging 5 K extra on it. Colour was more closer to indigo than storm or aria.
This I agree, the Ivory Gold on my Aveo also had cost some 7K more, but that was valid as it was different. Pristine White on Zest is good, but not a special white that should be charged 5K extra. I bought it anyway.
gsurya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 20:43   #849
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 186
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Folks, a quick question. how is the ride quality at the back?

I went again for an exclusive test ride(not drive) because my better half had mentioned during the earlier test drive that there was a perceptible amount of vertical movement in the back seat. After 2 - 3Km ride, i felt the same, basically vertical movement coupled with lateral movement on the back seat is the recipe for getting queasy. At the end of ride I admit that I too was a tad uncomfortable.

Anyone else feel the same?

PS: Wasan motors seems to have the whole lot of colors and models available, the guy has been chasing me promising me a dassera delivery for a dune beige XMS/XM. Concorde on the other just has a stock of blue and white available for relatively short delivery periods. Otherwise the wait period seems to range from 3 to 7 weeks. Lot of footfalls for tata though, the showroom was full - all sales folks gainfully occupied.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 21st September 2014 at 20:45.
cyberwhizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 20:50   #850
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 543
Thanked: 573 Times
Post Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Took a TD of the XT petrol version today.

Observations( vis-a-vis the figo diesel I use)
1. Rear seat is very comfortable with proper recline angle.
2. The small diameter steering wheel feels good to use.
3. Voice commands seemed to work well.
4. There was a perceptible difference in the way the engine reacted to the throttle in the 3 engine modes.
5. Linear turbo.
6. SA quoted fuel efficiency figures as follows.
Eco:17-18
City: 16-17
Sport:15
7. Steering feel is good with not much play.
8. Interiors feel well screwed in.
9. The indicator stalks have a premium feel.
10. Somehow the projectors seemed to disappoint (Are they halogen projectors?)
11. The reverse sensors worked admirably well.
12. Stock stereo has great sound reproduction and might not necessitate a replacement.
13. The boot has a narrow and high loading point, the struts seem to intrude into the luggage space. The boot is spring loaded and opens by itself once it is unlocked.
14. The car apparently auto locks within a pre-configured time if the driver leaves the car taking the key with him.
15. AC performance was exemplary.
16. Rear arm rests are designed well and provide correct support.

8 weeks was the delivery date for the petrol and there was no sign of the diesel AMT version for a test drive.

Tata has outdone itself here, hope the Zest redeems the brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest1.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-zest2.jpg  

batterylow is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 21:07   #851
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,176
Thanked: 1,680 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Folks, a quick question. how is the ride quality at the back?

I went again for an exclusive test ride(not drive) because my better half had mentioned during the earlier test drive that there was a perceptible amount of vertical movement in the back seat. After 2 - 3Km ride, i felt the same, basically vertical movement coupled with lateral movement on the back seat is the recipe for getting queasy. At the end of ride I admit that I too was a tad uncomfortable.

Anyone else feel the same?
Can you share which other car gave a similar feeling? Just curious.

I had a test drive on TML's test track - also sat in the backseat when some other people where driving, including the professional drivers who were part of the core zest team. The ride didn't seem all that bad to me. The test track had undulations and fast curves but never felt 'uneasy'. The ride was rather good.

About handling, the professionals threw (literally) the car from one end of the road to another at pretty high speeds. The road was uneven concrete surface. The way it held on to the road was commendable. Then they slammed on brakes while at >130kmph. The car held its line really well and there wasn't any dilly dallying that I experienced in the back.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 21:31   #852
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 186
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Can you share which other car gave a similar feeling? Just curious.
Cars - Etios, aveo, MUV - Tavera, actually had to ask the cabbie driving the etios to stop for 5 minutes and then i upgraded myself to the front seat for the remainder of the long journey to bengaluru airport.

With Zest it isn't that bad but I surely did feel it a tiny bit unsettling (i did not end up throwing up or really uncomfortable as such). What i fear is that over a long journey in a twisty mountainous terrain things could worsen.
cyberwhizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 21:59   #853
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
With Zest it isn't that bad but I surely did feel it a tiny bit unsettling (i did not end up throwing up or really uncomfortable as such). What i fear is that over a long journey in a twisty mountainous terrain things could worsen.
Hey buddy, this is new information for me. I am wondering which cars do you own and which cars do you ride seated in backseat, as it is always relative.
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 22:13   #854
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 683 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Cars - Etios, aveo, MUV - Tavera, actually had to ask the cabbie driving the etios to stop for 5 minutes and then i upgraded myself to the front seat for the remainder of the long journey to bengaluru airport.

With Zest it isn't that bad but I surely did feel it a tiny bit unsettling (i did not end up throwing up or really uncomfortable as such). What i fear is that over a long journey in a twisty mountainous terrain things could worsen.
This is surprising, I own an Aveo & the rear seat ride is very stable, absolutely no vertical or horizontal roll. Our daughter sleeps like a log each time we go out. Have done many Etios cab trips too, I felt it was pretty good too.

I test drove the Zest twice with parents at the back & they felt very comfortable.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 22:16   #855
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 186
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hey buddy, this is new information for me. I am wondering which cars do you own and which cars do you ride seated in backseat, as it is always relative.
Ha ha, i am used to regularly driving the (fiesta now classic) and the indica. Backseat is only when in a cab, at my better half's insistence that we recheck the issue, we went in for the second test ride. I was not sure if others too experienced the same hence my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
This is surprising, I own an Aveo & the rear seat ride is very stable, absolutely no vertical or horizontal roll. Our daughter sleeps like a log each time we go out. Have done many Etios cab trips too, I felt it was pretty good too.

I test drove the Zest twice with parents at the back & they felt very comfortable.
What can i say, may be i am little more sensitive than others here. But yes one thing was that on all occasions the car was very lightly loaded just two occupants and no luggage. I did feel much better in the front seat.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / QUOTE+ (MULTI-QUOTE) functions within 30 minutes of posting instead.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd September 2014 at 09:25.
cyberwhizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent S2!!! Sedans 191 21st May 2016 09:40
Tata Zest My experience at the Pimpri Plant pankajparikh The Indian Car Scene 53 20th September 2014 10:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks