Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 11:41   #961
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Engine number or VIN is given only after vehicle allocation. It happens soon only if vehicle is readily available. I guess XE and XM variants are allocated sooner, the issue/delay is with higher end variants and delay increases if you are after Beige, grey or White.

In my case I had only Beige in mind and after waiting for more than 2 months switched to XT and now vehicle got allocated. Please speak to Tata motors RSM or dealer liaison person as they generally have a good idea of stock position and can help you.
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 11:47   #962
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 8
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Engine number or VIN is given only after vehicle allocation. It happens soon only if vehicle is readily available. I guess XE and XM variants are allocated sooner, the issue/delay is with higher end variants and delay increases if you are after Beige, grey or White.

In my case I had only Beige in mind and after waiting for more than 2 months switched to XT and now vehicle got allocated. Please speak to Tata motors RSM or dealer liaison person as they generally have a good idea of stock position and can help you.
Well then, I have opted for the perfect recipe for delay it seems!
I have booked Revotron XT dune beige...
sarodemayur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 12:56   #963
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,709
Thanked: 1,722 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Tata expected lot of demand for base and mid variants and executed production accordingly. In reality most of the customers are opting for top variants, this is what we learned from our interaction with top management during plant visit.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 20:08   #964
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 64
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Test drove Tata Zest today, Revotron engine - variant XT. Simply loved in car entertainment - its at par with best in my opinion. Great space, really comfortable seats - like the name Rugby shoulder seats. Coming from Tata its huge improvement and loved dynamics of the car.


Now somehow did not like First and Second gear performance , especially in second gear I found it bit sluggish. Couldn't really rip the car as due to Durga puja, lot of rush around my area. Another thing I noticed was that pedals are tad higher for my comfort- did anyone felt the same. Last thing, this was 3k+ vehicle with some rattle coming through when driven on mud track.

not sure, i am ready to put my money on this as yet.
SaneOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:01   #965
BHPian
 
bullet_chacha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NEW DELHI
Posts: 79
Thanked: 54 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Hey guys....I got the delivery a couple of days ago...

Was just wondering if the diesel is the same engine as the manza? A quadrajet?
bullet_chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:29   #966
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 682 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Touched 200 kms on my Zest RT XT so far:
  • HK Music System - beyond expectation, you can drive just for this
  • Revotron engine - Drivers pleasure, lovely acceleration, great low range, very responsive throughout - hv kept to below 60 kmph so far
  • Kitna Deti Hai : BAD! So far in bumper to bumper traffic with AC, 8 to 9 kmpl. This is a potential chink in this car if it doesnt improve.
  • Comfort : Very good drivers seat & rear seat, everyone is impressed

Will try to complete my ownership thread by this weekend & publish.
gsurya is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 12:06   #967
BHPian
 
thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Hey guys....I got the delivery a couple of days ago...

Was just wondering if the diesel is the same engine as the manza? A quadrajet?
Yes, it is same 1.3 L fiat nation diesel engine of India however very well refined for linear torque and way ahead of competition in this regard

Last edited by thunder : 2nd October 2014 at 12:11.
thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 13:21   #968
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Top model has a HK touchscreen audio system and lower variants have simple one. My question is whether the sound quality is same or it differs from the touchscreen one?

Petrol FE of 8-9 is bad. I hope it improves otherwise I have to shelve the idea of buying the petrol one.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:10   #969
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Top model has a HK touchscreen audio system and lower variants have simple one. My question is whether the sound quality is same or it differs from the touchscreen one?

Petrol FE of 8-9 is bad. I hope it improves otherwise I have to shelve the idea of buying the petrol one.
XT has 8 speakers alongwith the touchscreen interface, while lower variants have 6 speakers.

The power ratings differ too. There is a big difference in the sound quality dept.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:21   #970
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 682 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Petrol FE of 8-9 is bad. I hope it improves otherwise I have to shelve the idea of buying the petrol one.
To be honest I havent done a single tankful method measurement yet, I will do that over the next week or two & confirm with & without AC with different kinds of traffic & setting modes to be more accurate.

But yes, I expected around 13 kmpl mixed use with 80% AC. Anything less will be a negative for Zest RT.

Last edited by gsurya : 2nd October 2014 at 14:23.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:06   #971
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
To be honest I havent done a single tankful method measurement yet, I will do that over the next week or two & confirm with & without AC with different kinds of traffic & setting modes to be more accurate.

But yes, I expected around 13 kmpl mixed use with 80% AC. Anything less will be a negative for Zest RT.
Thanks.
My dad won't be happy with any FE figure below 11-12 so it's critical in the buying decision. I guess that's a standard expectation for this segment. Lesse what figures you are able to achieve.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:14   #972
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 682 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Another alert for Zest buyers:

The service coupons given by the Dealer for the maintenance plan only cover 3 services over 2 years & dont cover consumables. As per Tata advertisements the present offer is 3 years full maintenance cover including consumables upto 45K kms.

My dealer has acknowledged this is an mistake & is trying to get a written clarification from Tata Motors.

Please check your coupons & get a written confirmation.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:50   #973
BHPian
 
shashi63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: THANE
Posts: 198
Thanked: 237 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Hey guys....I got the delivery a couple of days ago...

Was just wondering if the diesel is the same engine as the manza? A quadrajet?

Yes. Same engine configuration as well..It's a beauty of an engine alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Touched 200 kms on my Zest RT XT so far:
  • HK Music System - beyond expectation, you can drive just for this
  • Revotron engine - Drivers pleasure, lovely acceleration, great low range, very responsive throughout - hv kept to below 60 kmph so far
  • Kitna Deti Hai : BAD! So far in bumper to bumper traffic with AC, 8 to 9 kmpl. This is a potential chink in this car if it doesnt improve.
  • Comfort : Very good drivers seat & rear seat, everyone is impressed
Will try to complete my ownership thread by this weekend & publish.

Congrats Surya! Many miles of smiles to you! Have a safe drive!
shashi63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 16:39   #974
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
To be honest I havent done a single tankful method measurement yet, I will do that over the next week or two & confirm with & without AC with different kinds of traffic & setting modes to be more accurate.

But yes, I expected around 13 kmpl mixed use with 80% AC. Anything less will be a negative for Zest RT.
Being TCed, I expect 16-17 kmpl from the Zest RT, but yes, in the run-in, 13 is good enough really.

Does your car not have a trip based Mileage display?
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 16:43   #975
BHPian
 
thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Another alert for Zest buyers:

The service coupons given by the Dealer for the maintenance plan only cover 3 services over 2 years & dont cover consumables. As per Tata advertisements the present offer is 3 years full maintenance cover including consumables upto 45K kms.

My dealer has acknowledged this is an mistake & is trying to get a written clarification from Tata Motors.

Please check your coupons & get a written confirmation.
My SA has informed me in advance that it will take some time to provide documents for Gold AMC and promised that he will call me once it will be done.

however I am not sure if there is any link between coupon we got and the separate GOLD AMC agreement copy we will get. Also first coupon is only for health check and not for engine oil change ..etc.

Last edited by thunder : 2nd October 2014 at 16:54.
thunder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent S2!!! Sedans 191 21st May 2016 09:40
Tata Zest My experience at the Pimpri Plant pankajparikh The Indian Car Scene 53 20th September 2014 10:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks