Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th October 2014, 12:21   #1141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hi Guys,

Thought of sharing my friend's test drive experience in Bangalore. Dealers: KHT Motors. They SA came with the car to his location. Car tested was top end petrol XT. Overall he said it was a good Exp. The only thing is the dealer is not offering any discounts or freebies. So all you guys in Bangalore, you might have dealt with other dealers there, what has been your take on this ? He was also informed, waiting period for the Sky Grey color top end version would be around 5-6 weeks.

No deals on insurance or anything else, is pretty bad. Can anyone share at what rate they got insurance if taken on their own and not through the dealer ? what about AMC etc ?

Regards,
Devyaani.
Yes, there is no deal/scheme/discount on any variant of the Zest. I have enquired at Prerna in Bangalore, Concorde at Delhi and at Mathura, UP too Is there any you found anywhere?
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 12:37   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
The only thing is the dealer is not offering any discounts or freebies.
No deals on insurance or anything else, is pretty bad.
Tata already tried with heavy discounts and they know that they cannot sell a car just with discounts. The way I see it, they've already priced it reasonably and it is sort of unfair to say they are not offering discounts. Would you have been happy if they increased the price by 20k and offered it as discount? You'll end up losing more money in that case since your road tax and insurance is calculated on the showroom price without taking into account the discounts.

For a newly introduced model that has a reasonable demand, there is no need for dealers to offer discounts. I'm sure Tata would be prioritizing the XMA production over other variants since that is their trump card. So even the production of other variants may be only as much as the actual demand. In such a case, dealers are unlikely to be desperate about getting rid of inventory and hence no discounts. May be you'll see some discounts kicking in during Nov end or December to push off the current year model but even that wouldn't be too high considering there is a waiting period.
zenren is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 13:45   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thought of sharing my friend's test drive experience in Bangalore. Dealers: KHT Motors. They SA came with the car to his location. Car tested was top end petrol XT. Overall he said it was a good Exp. The only thing is the dealer is not offering any discounts or freebies. So all you guys in Bangalore, you might have dealt with other dealers there, what has been your take on this ? He was also informed, waiting period for the Sky Grey color top end version would be around 5-6 weeks.

No deals on insurance or anything else, is pretty bad. Can anyone share at what rate they got insurance if taken on their own and not through the dealer ? what about AMC etc ?

Regards,
Devyaani.
I have taken insurance from royal S and it was cheaper than what dealer was offering. Zero dept is around 19K for XMS QJ and 20 K for XT QJ. It will wary a bit for petrol. GOLD amc is a good deal I think, I have opted it.

I don't think TATA will give any discount on Zest as of now like AMAZE and ECOSPORT doesn't have either but then ZEST is already a great VFM except for resale value (as per industry analysts) which I think one should not care about.. ultimately how much you got extra when selling Maruti or Honda , its all hype in my view.
thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 16:11   #1144
BANNED

Booked a White Zest XMA at Mathura, UP today. Wait begins.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 16:52   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Tata already tried with heavy discounts and they know that they cannot sell a car just with discounts. The way I see it, they've already priced it reasonably and it is sort of unfair to say they are not offering discounts. Would you have been happy if they increased the price by 20k and offered it as discount? You'll end up losing more money in that case since your road tax and insurance is calculated on the showroom price without taking into account the discounts.
Absolutely!
I was even surprised when Tata employees were enquiring/discussing about (lack of) corporate discounts.
I also feel that TM have priced Zest very attractively and is clean VFM product in the market currently.
balajisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 19:28   #1146
BHPian

Really sorry if this is discussed already but posting as I didnt find it.

What if an individual wants to retrofit the Revotron Zest with CNG? Is it fine with the turbocharged motor? I ask because there has been no talk of CNG Zest at all from TML so far and now a days that fuel has a lot of takers in the urban market as evident by the number of WagonRs and Ertiga CNGs.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 20:17   #1147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Absolutely!
I was even surprised when Tata employees were enquiring/discussing about (lack of) corporate discounts.
I also feel that TM have priced Zest very attractively and is clean VFM product in the market currently.
Tata employees asking for discounts is anothet thing as they get discounts being part of the company/group, and employee get diacounts as part of employer's policies. Zest is tremendous VFM and I as a buyer don't expect any discounts as it already commands long waiting periods, and being a new launch, we don't really tend to push for it, but employees get certain benefits from their company as part of their employment conditions. I am not sure but being a Tata employee shouldn't mean they are eligible for any discounts but certainly on most of the products they do get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Really sorry if this is discussed already but posting as I didnt find it.

What if an individual wants to retrofit the Revotron Zest with CNG? Is it fine with the turbocharged motor? I ask because there has been no talk of CNG Zest at all from TML so far and now a days that fuel has a lot of takers in the urban market as evident by the number of WagonRs and Ertiga CNGs.
The old Octavia is good with CNG AFAIK. Being TCe'd certainly means things get complicated but I don't see TC being a major issue for CNG retrofit. Yes, some additional tweaking might be required, but that is it. I am no expert and would like others to comment on this but IMO it should be possible.
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 22:58   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Tata employees asking for discounts is anothet thing as they get discounts being part of the company/group, and employee get diacounts as part of employer's policies. Zest is tremendous VFM and I as a buyer don't expect any discounts as it already commands long waiting periods, and being a new launch, we don't really tend to push for it, but employees get certain benefits from their company as part of their employment conditions. I am not sure but being a Tata employee shouldn't mean they are eligible for any discounts but certainly on most of the products they do get it.
Nothing wrong in seeking additional discount for being a Tata group employee but, Zest being so correctly priced, I felt there was no need for TM to give one.
We do get discounts on all our retail formats, but not for Zest.

However, I did learn about an offer of Rs. 3500 'corporate discount' for employees.
balajisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 13:41   #1149
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

Greetings to all.

I have a query on zero dep/comprehensive insurance policy for Zest.

Is zero depreciation policy really required if you are a sedate driver and nobody is going to drive more than 80 KM/H in a brand new car.

Is it necessary to take zero dep insurance or go for comprehensive policy which is cheaper ? Experts can throw some light on it.

Last edited by Atif : 27th October 2014 at 13:44. Reason: Adding notes
Atif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 13:57   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Greetings to all.

Is zero depreciation policy really required if you are a sedate driver and nobody is going to drive more than 80 KM/H in a brand new car.

Is it necessary to take zero dep insurance or go for comprehensive policy which is cheaper ? Experts can throw some light on it.
Not an expert, but here are my thoughts.

You are a sedate driver, good to know. How sure are you that the other people driving/riding on the same road as you are are also sedate and safe?

It is NOT necessary to take 0 dep policy, but is always recommended to take it for peace of mind. In the unfortunate event of a crash, your mistake or not the 0 dep policy will help save you big bucks.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 14:19   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
However, I did learn about an offer of Rs. 3500 'corporate discount' for employees.
AFAIK there is no cash discount, but 5- 6 accessories kit combing a few goodies worth around Rs. 3500 is available for Tata group employees.

Quote:

Considering Zero Dep insurance is only about 10% extra as compared to Comprehensive policy on a new car, I feel it makes sense to go for it. You never what type of drivers you meet on roads.
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 14:34   #1152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My brother is a sedate driver & seldom crosses 80 kmph. Once he was waiting at a signal in his 1 year old i20 and a bus rammed into it. Damage was 30K or something; he paid Rs. 1000/- finally as he had a full cover. Put yourself in the same situation with both options & choose what you want please.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th October 2014 at 14:36.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 14:45   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
It is NOT necessary to take 0 dep policy, but is always recommended to take it for peace of mind. In the unfortunate event of a crash, your mistake or not the 0 dep policy will help save you big bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Considering Zero Dep insurance is only about 10% extra as compared to Comprehensive policy on a new car, I feel it makes sense to go for it. You never what type of drivers you meet on roads.
Thank you guys for your valuable inputs . I have another query
Is TATA AIG better to deal with cashless claims and customer service for a TATA car ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My brother is a sedate driver & seldom crosses 80 kmph. Once he was waiting at a signal in his 1 year old i20 and a bus rammed into it. Damage was 30K or something; he paid Rs. 1000/- finally as he had a full cover. Put yourself in the same situation with both options & choose what you want please.
I don't want to be in that position in future and zero dep looks to be a life saver in an accident. Thanks i will definetly go for zero dep.
Old 27th October 2014, 14:49   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Is TATA AIG better to deal with cashless claims and customer service for a TATA car ?
Not necessary that TATA AIG would be better for TATA cars. I had a TATA car for over 7 years and had Bajaj insurance for 6 years. Check with the dealer from whom you are purchasing the car from on who are the insurance providers whom they have tie ups for cashless facility with and go with them after comparing the quotes provided by the dealers and with the insurance companies themselves.

There is a separate thread on insurance queries, you can post your questions there too.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 15:06   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Not necessary that TATA AIG would be better for TATA cars. I had a TATA car for over 7 years and had Bajaj insurance for 6 years. Check with the dealer from whom you are purchasing the car from on who are the insurance providers whom they have tie ups for cashless facility with and go with them after comparing the quotes provided by the dealers and with the insurance companies themselves.

There is a separate thread on insurance queries, you can post your questions there too.
Thanks Dass. I have not opted for dealer (Concorde) quote, which is 23k for a comprehensive policy and he is having tie up with only reliance. The dealer is not providing zero dep policy, so have decided to check outside. Got a quote from Royal sundaram as 21k (Comprehensive), but both seems to be high for Revotron XT. I will check with others for zero dep policy.

Current owners of Zest Revotron XT can provide some details as from whom they have taken insurance and how much premium paid for a zero dep policy.