Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 19th February 2017, 22:39   #211
BHPian

Default Audi A3 : Official Review

Prices are same as previous. Although the 1.8 TSI is replaced by the 1.4 TFSI 150 bhp. Xenon replaced by LED and new alloy design. Richer leather upholstery is what I've come across. That's really it.

This might help :

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 19th February 2017 at 22:49.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 02:33   #212
BHPian

Default Re: Audi A3 : Official Review

Hi All,

I had a query to all you experts out there. My office had allocated a 2015 AudiA3 petrol to me. So its a 1.8 engine with around 170horses.
The car was majority driver driven not self driven and was also used for other office purpose. For some official reasons the car is out for sale and I am thinking of buying it.
Like some of you mentioned - I was going for a new Scoda Octavia petrol AT(absolutely in love with it) because of obvious reasons, cheaper with more features, more legroom, space etc. However now I am getting the A3 at a good price (depreciated value minus what was paid from my salary etc) so I think it will cost me much cheaper (around twenties). so i will shell around 4-5LKHS lesser than a new Ocativa petrol.
1) This is a 2nd car for us and we are a small family of short people (the tallest being me at 5.7) so height and legroom is not an issue for us.
2) What differences I observed (i might be really wrong, just personal assumptions) i thought the A3 was better planted at higher speeds 170+KMPH, better handling in traffic and had a little better build quality.
3) I am very happy with a compact (quick n fast) sedan for quick office short trips in Mumbai traffic and a weekend trip on highway and Octy is a little large for this (this is not a deal breaker for the Ocavia for me)
4) I wanted to ask 3-4 years down the lane will the A3 have a better resale value than the new Octavia or is it the opposite?
5) wife and mom loves the Audi snob value - LEAST important

Based on these factors could you guys advise if I should go for the A3 deal? I am really keen on picking it and taking a mechanic/evaluator this weekend to check the intrinsic details of the machine.
please advise.
mikilbhatkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 10:08   #213
Senior - BHPian

Few more details:
Variant in question? Important because the base one is very plain without the trademark LED EEKs.

Extended warranty and or all inclusive AMC existing or possible to buy? Obvious!

Odometer so far? Basic question

Colour? Red?! :=)

Apart from 4, everything points to A3 :-)
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 17:58   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Few more details:
Variant in question? Important because the base one is very plain without the trademark LED EEKs.

Extended warranty and or all inclusive AMC existing or possible to buy? Obvious!

Odometer so far? Basic question

Colour? Red?! :=)

Apart from 4, everything points to A3 :-)
Its the Premium Plus SLine (with sunroof) - I agree the base one is really very plain.

extended warranty for 4 years, valid till 2019.

Odo is at around 20K right now.

Color - white.
mikilbhatkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 12:14   #215
Senior - BHPian

If the technical inspection is green (especially w.r.t. the S-Tronic gearbox), then go for it. White is not a great colour, but probably makes the relatively smaller A3 look BIGGER :-)
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote