Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2016, 21:57   #1486
BHPian
 
anoop_gkris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 42
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Mine is usually at 24 degrees when it behaves the way I mentioned. But, if I select much lower tempratures in the range of 18-22 degrees, the ACC prefers to keep the intercooling mode ON. Location also plays a major role (Navi Mumbai)

Problem occurs when your comfort ACC temp is the same temp where the ACC tries to take stock of all factors affecting it and do things on its own.
Oh ok, your AUTO mode is also on, i suppose. I don't use that mode.
anoop_gkris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 02:45   #1487
Newbie
 
four.bytes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 23
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

My father had booked an i20 elite CRDI base version(ERA). Now, I am not a big fan of paying a lot for company fitted gizmos but ERA model is extreme. Personally I feel ABS and driver airbag an utmost minimal requirements, but can't do much about them now- can I? I need to shift my car to bangalore and drive 2000 KM and I'm pretty pissed about the lack of these two safety features :(

What are some of the necessary accessories/additions(not too pricey) I should buy apart from ICE(with Nav, Rear Cam in etc)?
four.bytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 08:48   #1488
BHPian
 
kkkkkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 135
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by four.bytes View Post



What are some of the necessary accessories/additions(not too pricey) I should buy apart from ICE(with Nav, Rear Cam in etc)?

The elite comes with airbags as standard, you won't get abs on the era though. ICE, reverse sensors. Probably remote locking (im not sure of era specs) if its not there on the car.
kkkkkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 11:44   #1489
Newbie
 
four.bytes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 23
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
The elite comes with airbags as standard
We bought it in March 2015. I don't think it had airbags in Era then.
four.bytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 17:59   #1490
BHPian
 
kkkkkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 135
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by four.bytes View Post
We bought it in March 2015. I don't think it had airbags in Era then.

Im sorry, was misunderstood by me. I read the part "had booked" and assumed that the car hasnt been delivered yet.
kkkkkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:33   #1491
BHPian
 
udainxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 135
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Any tips for running in a diesel i20?

The manual says 'while driving, keep your engine speed between 2000rpm and 4000rpm'. I assume they mean maximum rpm, since keeping above 2000rpm would mean driving a gear down at all times. I usually upshift at 2000-2500.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
udainxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:39   #1492
BHPian
 
prithm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 233
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

Good discipline. It's the optimum range for smooth shifting.
prithm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 00:06   #1493
BHPian
 
procrastinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandigarh/Pune
Posts: 75
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Any tips for running in a diesel i20?

The manual says 'while driving, keep your engine speed between 2000rpm and 4000rpm'. I assume they mean maximum rpm, since keeping above 2000rpm would mean driving a gear down at all times. I usually upshift at 2000-2500.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
1. They are recommending not to lug the engine.
2. Keep the engine spinning at variable RPMs in lieu of cruising speed.
3. Accelerate moderately.

Ei20 Diesel feels better above 1500rpm. Trust your ears and you will understand what she likes.
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:17   #1494
BHPian
 
udainxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 135
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
1. They are recommending not to lug the engine.
2. Keep the engine spinning at variable RPMs in lieu of cruising speed.
3. Accelerate moderately.

Ei20 Diesel feels better above 1500rpm. Trust your ears and you will understand what she likes.
Thanks!
I live in bangalore, so cruising is never an option
So im gonna take their advice as max rpm, coz keeping over 2000rpm will mean disregarding their gearshift indicator as well. that asks to shift at 2+ as well
udainxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 02:48   #1495
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2,194 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hello Team,
Has anyone tried remapping Elite i20 diesel? I happened to see this post in Code 6 tuning FB page. They claim torque increase from 210 to 312 which is really unbelievable. I guess it's a typo or making false claims blindly
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-fb_img_1456780333004.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 11:10   #1496
BHPian
 
ricky_1605's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 310
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello Team,
Has anyone tried remapping Elite i20 diesel? I happened to see this post in Code 6 tuning FB page. They claim torque increase from 210 to 312 which is really unbelievable. I guess it's a typo or making false claims blindly
Only by tuning! Highly unlikely. Never seen this much of jump just by tuning. Hope some experts at this forum will reply.
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 11:24   #1497
BHPian
 
Porschefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 647 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

I saw a new white i20 (still had the ribbons on its bonnet) on my commute to work today. What was different was it had the LED DRL headlamps. Are Hyundai offering the LEDs on the i20 now? I am positively sure it was the i20 and not the Active.
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 11:48   #1498
BHPian
 
Grand Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I saw a new white i20 (still had the ribbons on its bonnet) on my commute to work today. What was different was it had the LED DRL headlamps. Are Hyundai offering the LEDs on the i20 now? I am positively sure it was the i20 and not the Active.
The 2016 Elite i20 Asta (o) petrol and diesel variants are equipped with Projector headlamps and led DRL's as seen on the Active models. Please refer this post (Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review) to know about the changes in the 2016 Elite i20 variants.
Grand Drive is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 14:18   #1499
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2,194 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Only by tuning! Highly unlikely. Never seen this much of jump just by tuning. Hope some experts at this forum will reply.
Even if it's possible, that would be suicidal for engine. 270nm is the max quoted by other tuners. I think Code 6 fakes high figures, doesn't look like a typo here.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 14:59   #1500
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 1,519 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Hello Team,
Has anyone tried remapping Elite i20 diesel? I happened to see this post in Code 6 tuning FB page. They claim torque increase from 210 to 312 which is really unbelievable. I guess it's a typo or making false claims blindly
Quote:

Even if it's possible, that would be suicidal for engine. 270nm is the max quoted by other tuners. I think Code 6 fakes high figures, doesn't look like a typo here.
Hey Dr.Naren there is some major confusion here. Somebody seems to have messed up some 'Codes (6)' here

Lets get some facts right here:

- Hyundai's 1.4 L U2 CRDI power output is 90 PS & 220 NM Torque (Link (Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review))

- Usually, maps offer upto 25% increase in power output which is considered to be within the safe and sane boundaries.


So, considering the above 2 points, a remapped 1.4 L U2 CRDI engine can produce ~114 BHP and ~290 NM of Torque. I am no expert and surely noway associated with any of the remap folks anywhere, but with some serious expertise and technical knowledge, squeezing 118 BHP and 312 NM Torque with an aggressive map MAY NOT BE an impossible ask.

Quite possible that the Code 6 folks have bloated up the numbers for advertising purpose, but surely one of the Tuning Gurus on the forum can shed some light into this.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 1st March 2016 at 15:13.
Vik0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Sibling Rivalry : Grand i10 vs Elite i20 vs Xcent iamendangered Hatchbacks 74 19th September 2015 18:20
Elite Forum, Elite Feeling xydon Introduce yourself 4 8th June 2012 19:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks