Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 14:27   #1876
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balachandran View Post
Osram NBU is a good bulb, actually in my vehicle it's H4 but not projector. The vision is very good. High beams you will really love it in highways . Stock bulb can't be compared with this one but life is very less. Don't forget to slide your light lever to off from auto.
Cheers.

When you say less life, how less are you talking about?

Also why turn it off from auto? so that it saves the number of hours it is on?
dhruvwali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 18:58   #1877
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 793
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

The front grill on my i20 looks quite dirty thanks to all the dust & fantastic road conditions in Mumbai. It in fact looks aged in the evening compared to what it looks in the morning after the wash. I tried all tricks in the book including some stuff which the 3M team applied. The effect hardly lasted for 2 days and I felt that it became a dirt magnet even more after that.
I was trying to find solutions and have 3 in my mind:
1. Remove the grill & get it painted. Problem is if the paint starts chipping off then it will make it look even more terrible.
2. Get a wrap. The issue here is 3M guys who are just not confident if the wrap would stay in place as the grill is a plastic product and will come off within a short time.
3, Replace the grill with a chrome one. I feel this is the better solution but I have a problem. Whilst this grill looks fab on a Red, Blue, White car it looks utterly boring on a silver car. Unfortunately my car is a Silver one and hence I am a bit confused on this front.

Is there any other solution that you guys can think of? Has any one put a wrap on the grill or installed a chrome one?
Attached Images
 
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 21:25   #1878
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 51
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post

Is there any other solution that you guys can think of? Has any one put a wrap on the grill or installed a chrome one?
There will be no contrast if you put a silver grill on a silver car. I have found the stock grill to be the most visually appealing. Although that's just my personal taste.

You could alternatively get the grill powder coated to the color of your choice. This will be more durable than regular paint and probably wont chip that easily.
hakunabatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 22:43   #1879
BHPian
 
Midas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore, KL10
Posts: 82
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
There will be no contrast if you put a silver grill on a silver car. I have found the stock grill to be the most visually appealing. Although that's just my personal taste.
Agree! Stock grills looks much better, especially for silver car.

If you still have the ones which you removed, fix it back if possible.
Midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 10:38   #1880
BHPian
 
udainxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 135
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Unfortunately my car is a Silver one and hence I am a bit confused on this front.

Is there any other solution that you guys can think of? Has any one put a wrap on the grill or installed a chrome one?
I have seen aftermarket bumpers with mesh in them, rally style. Seeing the shape, I feel it may be possible to retrofit it on the stock bumper as well
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 13:01   #1881
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 477
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Smile Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
3, Replace the grill with a chrome one. I feel this is the better solution but I have a problem. Whilst this grill looks fab on a Red, Blue, White car it looks utterly boring on a silver car. Unfortunately my car is a Silver one and hence I am a bit confused on this front.

Is there any other solution that you guys can think of? Has any one put a wrap on the grill or installed a chrome one?
Get the chrome grill, paint it black and it would look good
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 15:07   #1882
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 793
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
There will be no contrast if you put a silver grill on a silver car. I have found the stock grill to be the most visually appealing.

You could alternatively get the grill powder coated to the color of your choice. This will be more durable than regular paint and probably wont chip that easily.
I completely agree with you on the contrast bit. The Black grill gives a very good appeal to the Silver car. My only issue is maintaining the grill. It looks so dirty especially in the rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Agree! Stock grills looks much better, especially for silver car.
If you still have the ones which you removed, fix it back if possible.
I have not changed the grill. Doubt if I will be putting the chrome any time either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Get the chrome grill, paint it black and it would look good
The chrome grill is actually made of plastic, painting it is out of question. If I want to paint I will stick with the original.

Is there any other way to keep the grill clean? Some one suggested I apply tyre polish to it. What do you gents suggest?
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 16:33   #1883
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 51
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post

Is there any other way to keep the grill clean? Some one suggested I apply tyre polish to it. What do you gents suggest?
The mesh pattern makes the grill difficult to clean indeed. I can understand your frustration as I've spent countless hours, armed with a toothbrush and soap, in cleaning the grill. But I've found it to be the best method yet.

All the liquids and waxes will only be temporary. One splash of muck and everything is back to square one.
hakunabatata is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 08:39   #1884
Newbie
 
balachandran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The front grill on my i20 looks quite dirty thanks to all the dust & fantastic road conditions in Mumbai. It in fact looks aged in the evening compared to what it looks in the morning after the wash. I tried all tricks in the book including some stuff which the 3M team applied. The effect hardly lasted for 2 days and I felt that it became a dirt magnet even more after that.
I was trying to find solutions and have 3 in my mind:
1. Remove the grill & get it painted. Problem is if the paint starts chipping off then it will make it look even more terrible.
2. Get a wrap. The issue here is 3M guys who are just not confident if the wrap would stay in place as the grill is a plastic product and will come off within a short time.
3, Replace the grill with a chrome one. I feel this is the better solution but I have a problem. Whilst this grill looks fab on a Red, Blue, White car it looks utterly boring on a silver car. Unfortunately my car is a Silver one and hence I am a bit confused on this front.

Is there any other solution that you guys can think of? Has any one put a wrap on the grill or installed a chrome one?

Have you tried using chemical guys trim and plastic cleaner or meguries restore plastic gel? These are very good on any plastic and give you the original look. Even cleaning is very easy just spray jet water. Since these gels will give smooth and shiny surface which allows cleaning Very easy. But these gels are at higher side about 2000 to 3000 INR.
Cheers!
balachandran is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 13:58   #1885
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 27
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Hello guys,

Any idea about way to replace the led strip on left side mirror of i20 elite sportz? I have a 2014 model and there seems to be water inside the strip. Please share info about the cost for repairing.

I contacted the dealer in Nagpur and they suggested to change the entire mirror. I am sure there has to be a way around to replace the strip.
saurabh89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 18:42   #1886
Newbie
 
balachandran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Hello guys,



Any idea about way to replace the led strip on left side mirror of i20 elite sportz? I have a 2014 model and there seems to be water inside the strip. Please share info about the cost for repairing.



I contacted the dealer in Nagpur and they suggested to change the entire mirror. I am sure there has to be a way around to replace the strip.

Water inside ORVM? It's not common about this. Usually happens in non genuine parts only. Your dealer is correct, opening and closing an ORVM may cause ill fitment. Try park you car in sun light whole day where it may evaporate. To my knowledge water inside ORVM may be a manufacturer defect also. Try replacing if you have warranty.

Cheers!
balachandran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 19:05   #1887
BHPian
 
cs_rajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 79 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

hello friends.. facing unusually heavy vandalism by street dogs! Since I have to park one car inside the house (portico), the other car that comes in late, i.e. the i20, stands outside. The street dogs run amok over my whole color car every night, stamp and scratch with muddy feet. Plus, the long stick antenna was chewed off last night, don't know what's yet to come. I welcome any suggestions to avoid their vandalism. Also kindly suggest where can I buy genuine antenna stick as replacement, either online or some auto shop in whitefield bangalore (without visiting a hyundai dealer)?
cs_rajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 19:43   #1888
BHPian
 
Tojo_GotBhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Madras
Posts: 59
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I welcome any suggestions to avoid their vandalism. Also kindly suggest where can I buy genuine antenna stick as replacement, either online or some auto shop in whitefield bangalore (without visiting a hyundai dealer)?
A car body cover should be a good solution, another possible solution would be the one suggested by benzinblut.
Quote:
My solution was:
I bought a thick rubber sheet and pierced it with cobbler's nails to make a bed of nails. The nails need not be too close.

At night before going off to sleep, i got the car covered with thick blankets and placed this bed of nails on the boot and roof.

Due to the weight of the rubber sheet, it wont get easily dislodged due to the wind.

This solution worked for me. Hope this helps

PS: Piercing the nails into the rubber sheet gives a sore thumb.
Link to the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-my-car-2.html (Dogs / Cats got my Car!)

For the antenna: http://www.99rpm.com/hyundai/antenna-elite-i20.html
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:12   #1889
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: KA03/JH05
Posts: 33
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Got my Elite i20 serviced on the 1st of October'16. It's a 2015 August Asta CRDI and the car was due for its 1st paid service (30,000 kms.).

I generally get the service done at an interval of ~8500 kms., hence this time it was due at 25,000 kms. Did not opt of engine de-carbonisation, engine lacquering etc etc which the SA recommended. No alignment/balancing as well at the service center. The bill came up to a mere 7130/- Got the balancing done outside for 400/-, (although it wasn't needed).
Got the stabilizer bar bush replaced and the car has become as good as new! There's one clatter sound that has started somewhere near the steering column in the cabin. Seems as if something is loose and making a sound while going over rough road but it could not be replicated for the SA to identify and fix. Is anyone else facing this issue? It is pretty much not the ABS thing which I am aware of since Day 1 of my ownership.

Regards,
Rahul
verma_rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 16:06   #1890
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 27
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

I also got my i20 elite 2014 sportz vtvt model serviced at 32000 kms in Nagpur. I got all the fluids {engine oil, gear oil, brake oil} changed in the car except the coolant and also got a decarnonizer treatment done for the engine. I was experiencing lack of power for past few thousand kms and all of that is gone now.

Although, I have few doubts about the brake bleeding done. The brakes seem to be less responsive now.

The pickup is back and the little sound I had when the car was running is gone now. It's difficult to identify if the engine is running, when the car is idle and I live that!

The total bill was 13000. I always use synthetic engine oil. The manager at Ketan hyundai tried to sell me changing the spark plugs as well, but I didn't go for it.

Regards,
Saurabh
saurabh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Sibling Rivalry : Grand i10 vs Elite i20 vs Xcent iamendangered Hatchbacks 74 19th September 2015 18:20
Elite Forum, Elite Feeling xydon Introduce yourself 4 8th June 2012 19:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks