Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 10:17   #1981
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: KA03/JH05
Posts: 33
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
though this doesn't pertain to this thread but if you could answer, what are the pros and cons of rotation?
Timely rotation ensures even wear and tear of all 4/5 tyres.
Balancing ensures even wear and tear of treads on the tyre plus increases the longevity of the suspension.
Alignment ensures even wear and tear of treads, suspension and steering column longevity.

Experts can throw some more light on this, plus there are dedicated threads on this forum which can help you out.

Cheers!
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 11:34   #1982
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 312
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
These scans don't reveal any uneven tyre wear / rotation & balancing issues.

Please get rotation / balancing done every 5K kms, that's what good shops recommend.
Nope! Actually I wanted to know still the steering input sensor reset is needed considering the Elite i20 and Creta are having pull drift compensation feature.
Jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 15:05   #1983
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: KA03/JH05
Posts: 33
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi!

Has anyone tried out DieselTronic by Race Dynamics in their Elite i20 CRDi? Wanted someone to throw some light on this upgrade.

TIA
Rahul
verma_rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 11:32   #1984
BHPian
 
scarlet.fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Delhi/Gurgaon
Posts: 206
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Hello guys I need your help I am loosing power while driving my petrol i20 elite what could be the issue

Last edited by scarlet.fever : 19th November 2016 at 11:45.
scarlet.fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 12:15   #1985
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,467
Thanked: 3,423 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Hello guys I need your help I am loosing power while driving my petrol i20 elite what could be the issue
What kind of power loss is it? When do you feel it and under what conditions? Does it go back to normal or is it the same throughout?
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 12:25   #1986
BHPian
 
shridhar.s.i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 203
Thanked: 90 Times
Default had a few questions

Finally, i booked elite i20 Asta (Diesel) Stardust
You can click here (The "I Booked my Car" Thread) for the booking related info

I had a few questions
Question 1. When is the time i should switch to synthetic oil, should i do it right away while getting delivery of car, or should i wait for a year or so before making this flip
Question 2. I am seriously considering Racedynamics DieselTRONIC dual channel ECU, here is the link
But I am not sure again,whether i can for this right after the run in or again do i need to wait for a year
Question 3. I am new to diesel cars, so how much is the max RPM i should keep the vehicle on during the run in phase, also do i need to idle the car before driving it to keep the turbo in good health ?
Question 4. Sunfilms are banned, but i do want to go for the UV filter films, are these legal and where can i get a good deal
Question 5. In my swift and i10 i was told the car already comes with underbody treatment done, do i need to get that done again

Any guidance on the above questions will really help
shridhar.s.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 12:35   #1987
BHPian
 
scarlet.fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Delhi/Gurgaon
Posts: 206
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

@rsr this is the first time I Have encountered it.
It was driving fine this morning I went to the bank for some time and then came back and started it and drove it and then suddenly it lost power. I turned the car off and then turned it on and drove again the same problem as soon as I move to higher gear again lost power. I recently fueled from another bunker could it be case of adulterated fuel.i drove back home in first gear.

Last edited by scarlet.fever : 19th November 2016 at 12:36.
scarlet.fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 13:09   #1988
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 793
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Gents, has any one tried out dual beam LED's in their i20? I have been dappling with the idea of installing these in my car, spoke to a few dealers but most have discouraged me to go for them citing reason like the throw is short and even with projectors they may not make a huge difference.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 10:17   #1989
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi all.
Anyone here installed Osram nightbreakers in their i20 ?
I am planning to get them as i feel that current bulbs are not sufficient at night driving.
Also is white light less effective during rain ?
blood_velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 11:05   #1990
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: KA03/JH05
Posts: 33
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Hi all.
Anyone here installed Osram nightbreakers in their i20 ?
I am planning to get them as i feel that current bulbs are not sufficient at night driving.
Also is white light less effective during rain ?
I have been using Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited from the 1st month of ownership. The results are good - can't compare it with a 100/90 with a relay though.
It is much better than the stock lamps. Plus, it isn't exactly white light, just has a white tinge to it. I do a lot of highway driving and NB Unlimited does serve my purpose well.
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 12:27   #1991
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Is the Elite i20 designed with a crumple zone structural feature?

I remember one of the SA in a showroom mentioning this when I was checking the engine bay of 1.2 VTVT - "Sir, this car has a collapsible engine (never heard before) where the engine will not enter the passenger cabin during a head-on collision. Instead, it will drop downwards for passenger safety".

I thought he was referring to a crumple zone but did not push for more details.
vijayvelprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 12:53   #1992
BHPian
 
shridhar.s.i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 203
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
I have been using Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited from the 1st month of ownership. The results are good - can't compare it with a 100/90 with a relay though.
It is much better than the stock lamps. Plus, it isn't exactly white light, just has a white tinge to it. I do a lot of highway driving and NB Unlimited does serve my purpose well.
Hi,
In my humble opinion, please refrain from using night breakers, for the amount you are paying, you are not getting a product worth that price
I had installed them on my i10 (H4 bulbs) but did not find any considerable improvement. the spread was a little better but no improvement in illumination

If you really want to go for a proper upgrade better conside the Rally bulbs with relay kit, 100/90 is recommended. I used these on my Swift for almost 5 years without any fuss

If you want to push a little higher, you can opt for the 130/100 as well. Have been using them for past 3 years in i10 and no issues so far
Have ordered the same even for my new Elite i20.

Do not skimp on the relay kit though, go for either original philips or Hella

Hope this helps

Last edited by shridhar.s.i : 28th November 2016 at 12:55. Reason: spell check correction
shridhar.s.i is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 16:22   #1993
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: KA03/JH05
Posts: 33
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hi,
In my humble opinion, please refrain from using night breakers, for the amount you are paying, you are not getting a product worth that price
.
.
.
Hope this helps
With all due respect, if you go through my post, I've mentioned that NB's cannot be compared with a 100/90 with a relay.
Having said that, Elite i20's headlamp comes with a plastic cover behind the bulb holder which makes it difficult to fix an aftermarket holder, relay with a wiring harness and ceramic holders in this case. And, if you still fix a relay along with the higher wattage bulb to the OEM holder, it'll melt because of the heat generated. Not sure about the headlamp/holder design in other Hyundai cars.

BTW, I've myself used Philips Rally 100/90 with Hella relay and a separate wiring harness kit in my earlier cars (Swift and Vento). Was forced to switch over to the NB Unlimited due to the holder cover issue.

One solution can be to make a round hole in the cover but it would end up in dust/moisture getting accumulated in the headlamp assembly.

But yes, NB's are much better than the original 60/55 lamps.
verma_rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 16:29   #1994
BHPian
 
shridhar.s.i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 203
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
With all due respect, if you go through my post, I've mentioned that NB's cannot be compared with a 100/90 with a relay.
Having said that, Elite i20's headlamp comes with a plastic cover behind the bulb holder which makes it difficult to fix an aftermarket holder, relay with a wiring harness and ceramic holders in this case. And, if you still fix a relay along with the higher wattage bulb to the OEM holder, it'll melt because of the heat generated. Not sure about the headlamp/holder design in other Hyundai cars.

BTW, I've myself used Philips Rally 100/90 with Hella relay and a separate wiring harness kit in my earlier cars (Swift and Vento). Was forced to switch over to the NB Unlimited due to the holder cover issue.

One solution can be to make a round hole in the cover but it would end up in dust/moisture getting accumulated in the headlamp assembly.

But yes, NB's are much better than the original 60/55 lamps.
Did not know about the plastic cover, will check it with my FNG, thanks for that info

But i believe we need to go for ceramic holders, and that was done even for my i10. Even I am not sure what i10 had as original holder. But in past 3 years have not observed any meltdown or blackening of reflectors. So no complaints

Even i am planning to go for DieselTRONIC but only after car completes one year
Then i will actually switch over to synthetic, have the ECU piggyback installed , hope the results are good then
shridhar.s.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 16:56   #1995
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: KA03/JH05
Posts: 33
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Did not know about the plastic cover, will check it with my FNG, thanks for that info

.
.
.
hope the results are good then
Do check as I am sure the original wires would have got tampered in order to fix ceramic holders. Or, I10 probably doesn't come with those plastic covers

Do keep us posted on your Dieseltronic upgrade!!
verma_rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Sibling Rivalry : Grand i10 vs Elite i20 vs Xcent iamendangered Hatchbacks 74 19th September 2015 18:20
Elite Forum, Elite Feeling xydon Introduce yourself 4 8th June 2012 19:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks