Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 14:19   #2071
BHPian
 
adutta2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: bangalore
Posts: 40
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
There is no issue with driving in city. Power is more than adequate for city driving. I am yet to take it out on the highway so cannot comment on it yet.

Mileage in B2B - please do not expect anything more than 12. It should hover between 10-12 km per litre.
Took it out on the highway recently and didn't feel any loss of power. However any tricky overtaking always requires you to shift down. Other than that its pretty stable at high speeds. You dont feel nervous at 100+ speeds. AFE was 14.5-15kmpl. City I get around 12.5kmpl.

Note that the car is due for its 1yr 10k km service, so I am assuming AFE will increase after that.

A quick query: Has anyone felt the ride to be a little bumpy with 33psi tyre pressure which is Hyundai recommended. I felt with 32psi the ride is a lot more smooth and that's what I maintain on my tyres unless I am carrying a full load of passengers + luggage
adutta2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 23:22   #2072
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 391
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

My brother in law took delivery of his petrol active SX ( top end model) today & visited my home in the evening.I took a short drive immediately. Expecting better illumination from the projector head lamp, but it was just about adequate.
The refinement of the car is simply incredible. My BIL has a 4 yr old Asta petrol i20 too. I had driven that car too.
In comparison, active i20 felt much better in ride quality & engine refinement. Is Elite i20 the same as Active in these two departments?
Contrary to my expectation, driveability of the car was really good. Even at around 50 kmph, it could able to amble around in top gear with out knocking.
Any one who have extensively experienced both active/elite & new Jazz , please share which one is better in the area of refinement ie like engine, road & wind noise etc.

From mobile
Pl ignore errors

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 29th January 2017 at 23:28.
Chitta Pradhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 10:40   #2073
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 89
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi guys,

I have booked i20 Asta (O) . I have a question .. is there any limitation or extra care that one has to take while fitting seat cover because of 6 air bags?

Regards
Sanju
sanjubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 15:40   #2074
Senior - BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,096
Thanked: 871 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Hi guys,

I have booked i20 Asta (O) . I have a question .. is there any limitation or extra care that one has to take while fitting seat cover because of 6 air bags?

Regards
Sanju
No issues in fixing covers on the rear seat. But do not put covers on the front seats.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 22:09   #2075
BHPian
 
hakunabatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post

Note that the car is due for its 1yr 10k km service, so I am assuming AFE will increase after that.

A quick query: Has anyone felt the ride to be a little bumpy with 33psi tyre pressure which is Hyundai recommended. I felt with 32psi the ride is a lot more smooth and that's what I maintain on my tyres unless I am carrying a full load of passengers + luggage
Until last month, i used to keep the tyre pressure at 32psi. With a recent flat, i decided to take it up a notch and kept it at 33psi. The ride is definitely bumpier amd stiffer if the car is unloaded. The difference is very apparent between 32 psi and 33 psi.

As for the AFE, expect a marginal increase. Nothing significant.
hakunabatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 00:18   #2076
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
A quick query: Has anyone felt the ride to be a little bumpy with 33psi tyre pressure which is Hyundai recommended. I felt with 32psi the ride is a lot more smooth and that's what I maintain on my tyres unless I am carrying a full load of passengers + luggage
I use 30PSI for my daily work commute (its much more comfortable compared to 33PSI) and 32PSI on highways with more than 2people/luggage onboard, this was suggested by Hyundai SA during my first service visit.

Last edited by IPathan : 8th February 2017 at 00:19. Reason: added first visit
IPathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 20:36   #2077
Senior - BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,096
Thanked: 871 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Drove to Mumbai and back in my VTVT.
I found it quite surprising that it picks up speed quite well on flat roads, has enough punch to it. But as soon as you are on an incline, it becomes a completely different car, sluggish and at times a downshift by 2 gears is required.

Filled her up while going, had 320 kms on the trip meter and took in 30, which wasn't what i was expecting. Later I came to know that the pump I filled her up at earlier, the quality has come down and I attribute the low FE (even for city standards) to this.

But filled her up again on the return leg and it surprised me with a decent 13.50 kmpl (255 kms and 19 liters). This included a good 40-50 kms within Mumbai. And I wasn't exactly babying it at 80. If I do that, I believe it could return more. But I wanted to check how it would perform on the highway. When I will drive for the FE, I will test the results.

I found the performance decent enough.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 00:27   #2078
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 5
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

I went to book i20 Asta at Koncept Hyundai, Kailash Colony, New Delhi. The dealer quoted me Rs. 8,07,763 On Road Price, without any discounts, except Zero Percent Depreciation Cover, and 50% off on Value Added/Car Treatment (Cumulative discount of only Rs. 6460).
When we were almost finalising the deal, our sales person says that Hyundai has taken off Asta variant. According to them, Hyundai is now selling The Asta(O) with AVN, and Asta (O) WAB i.e. the one with 6 airbags and AVN. The reason given to me by Hyundai Salesman is that the price difference between Asta and Asta (O) was not too much that why Asta has been taken out. But I personally feel the price difference between Asta(O) and Asta (O) WAB is just Rs. 16000 on road. Could someone please tell me if this is the case everywhere or am I being played by the Dealer.
Dipankar89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 11:30   #2079
BHPian
 
rahulskumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 70
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipankar89 View Post
The reason given to me by Hyundai Salesman is that the price difference between Asta and Asta (O) was not too much that why Asta has been taken out. But I personally feel the price difference between Asta(O) and Asta (O) WAB is just Rs. 16000 on road. Could someone please tell me if this is the case everywhere or am I being played by the Dealer.
Check the ex showroom price list provided to me by one of the Thane dealers
I do see Asta and Asta (O) version and price difference is around Rs.53K. Did you check if both the vehicles are 2017 make, may be one is 2016.
Attached Files
File Type: xls PRICELIST RSA INCR-2.xls (209.5 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by rahulskumar : 9th February 2017 at 11:31. Reason: adding more details
rahulskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 20:44   #2080
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 89
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipankar89 View Post
I went to book i20 Asta at Koncept Hyundai, Kailash Colony, New Delhi. The dealer quoted me Rs. 8,07,763 On Road Price, without any discounts, except Zero Percent Depreciation Cover, and 50% off on Value Added/Car Treatment (Cumulative discount of only Rs. 6460).
When we were almost finalising the deal, our sales person says that Hyundai has taken off Asta variant. According to them, Hyundai is now selling The Asta(O) with AVN, and Asta (O) WAB i.e. the one with 6 airbags and AVN. The reason given to me by Hyundai Salesman is that the price difference between Asta and Asta (O) was not too much that why Asta has been taken out. But I personally feel the price difference between Asta(O) and Asta (O) WAB is just Rs. 16000 on road. Could someone please tell me if this is the case everywhere or am I being played by the Dealer.
See the list from Pune dealer.. Also you should be able to get more discounts AFAIK..

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-office-lens-20170209185101.jpg
sanjubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 20:55   #2081
Senior - BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,096
Thanked: 871 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipankar89 View Post
I went to book i20 Asta at Koncept Hyundai, Kailash Colony, New Delhi. The dealer quoted me Rs. 8,07,763 On Road Price, without any discounts, except Zero Percent Depreciation Cover, and 50% off on Value Added/Car Treatment (Cumulative discount of only Rs. 6460).

The reason given to me by Hyundai Salesman is that the price difference between Asta and Asta (O) was not too much that why Asta has been taken out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
See the list from Pune dealer.. Also you should be able to get more discounts AFAIK..
The difference between Asta & Asta (O) is 40k. And I do not think Hyundai ever offered Asta (O) with and without 6 airbags.

Secondly, per update couple of weeks back from the SA from whom I bought my car, Hyundai put the curtains down on the extra discounts offered by dealers from their margin and has imposed strict penalties to the tune of 2L INR if any dealer is found to be offering any discount over and above the one's advertised by the parent coompany i.e. Hyundai.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 20:58   #2082
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 89
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The difference between Asta & Asta (O) is 40k. And I do not think Hyundai ever offered Asta (O) with and without 6 airbags.

Secondly, per update couple of weeks back from the SA from whom I bought my car, Hyundai put the curtains down on the extra discounts offered by dealers from their margin and has imposed strict penalties to the tune of 2L INR if any dealer is found to be offering any discount over and above the one's advertised by the parent coompany i.e. Hyundai.
yes there are no 2 versions of Asta (O). there is only one (O)
sanjubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2017, 19:51   #2083
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

I had bought Elite i20 Diesel Ė Asta in 2015, and have been driving 30K since then.
After my recent paid service for 30K, I find steering to be bit hard, than it was before I gave it for service. I also find the new i20ís steering to be bit hard than the older ones (I also compared this by driving my friendís 2015 Diesel i20 and a new test drive vehicle as well).

Did anyone else face this in recent times after service? Or can the new buyers confirm by test driving any of the 2015 models, if the steering is smoother in older models?

I think there might be some value of Electronic Power Steering (EPS) changed through the scanner or it is my assumption wrong?
Sirjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2017, 21:35   #2084
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 89
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjee View Post
I had bought Elite i20 Diesel – Asta in 2015, and have been driving 30K since then.
After my recent paid service for 30K, I find steering to be bit hard, than it was before I gave it for service.

I took delivery of my i20 yesterday, 11th Feb. It is 2017 car. I have not driven older versions of i20 but the steering is super light than my outgoing Swift VDI. It cal be literally driven by using fingers (not recommended of course)

I have not yet experienced becoming heavy after crossing 80 kmph or so.

Last edited by ampere : 12th February 2017 at 23:39.
sanjubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2017, 23:31   #2085
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
I took delivery of my i20 yesterday, 11th Feb. It is 2017 car. I have not driven older versions of i20 but the steering is super light than my outgoing Swift VDI. It cal be literally driven by using fingers (not recommended of course)
I have not yet experienced becoming heavy after crossing 80 kmph or so.
Congrats Sanjubaba , Yes latest i20 is smoother than other cars of same segment. I compared with Figo, Swift and Tatas.
But I feel the earlier version of Elite i20 are "ultra light", Please check if you find any chance.
Sirjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Sibling Rivalry : Grand i10 vs Elite i20 vs Xcent iamendangered Hatchbacks 74 19th September 2015 18:20
Elite Forum, Elite Feeling xydon Introduce yourself 4 8th June 2012 19:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:06.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks