Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd April 2017, 13:03   #2176
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Ah, this is what I was expecting. i20 is getting similar grill and may be Chrome treatment as Xcent.

Personally not a fan of those slightly inward curved lines in the hexagon, those tend to impart a somewhat meek character.

Straight lines are much better!
Jas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 17:22   #2177
Senior - BHPian

Wait, what? Is the number plate recess moving up to the hatch now? Quite an interesting alloy design too. Nice DRLs, but still, the front end will make it too similar to the upcoming Verna and thus cause some identity crisis...
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 13:54   #2178
BHPian

Hello people I drive a petrol I20 elite Sep 2014 model off lately I have started to face two issues. First one being a whistling or whining sound from the engine and second being do not know what you call it idling or knocking sound while accelerating.
Any ideas what could be the reason for these ?

Last edited by scarlet.fever : 26th April 2017 at 13:56.
scarlet.fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 16:26   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Hello people I drive a petrol I20 elite Sep 2014 model off lately I have started to face two issues. First one being a whistling or whining sound from the engine and second being do not know what you call it idling or knocking sound while accelerating.
I've heard the whistling/whining sound but it seemed to change with the AC settings. These were however low in amplitude.
anoop_gkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 09:16   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the whistling/whining noise directly linked to your engine RPM?
It could indicate, your alternator starting to give-up.
Check out videos online about alternator whines, to see if that is the sort of noise you are hearing from your car too.

If the whistling/whining noise is constant, and not linked to the engine RPM, then it could probably be from your AC. Switch off your AC to see if it makes a difference.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 27th April 2017 at 09:17.
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 13:58   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
second being do not know what you call it idling or knocking sound while accelerating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Is the whistling/whining noise directly linked to your engine RPM?
It could indicate, your alternator starting to give-up.
Check out videos online about alternator whines, to see if that is the sort of noise you are hearing from your car too.

If the whistling/whining noise is constant, and not linked to the engine RPM, then it could probably be from your AC. Switch off your AC to see if it makes a difference.
I am facing similar sound from my engine bay, can't be heard clearly inside cabin with Windows rolled up but evident outside. In my case the sound is like a "karr karr" and doesn't vary with RPM or with switch on/off of the AC. It would be there for sometime and then go away - again on rotating the steering to a specific angle and it would appear again. Got it checked today and found that idler pulley bearing going bad was the root cause of the sound. Getting it replaced tomorrow as spares were not available at the service centre I visited.

There was a second sound which others and I discussed here and couldn't get a resolution earlier coming from the front suspension area. It turned out to be a lower arm of suspension gone bad. Would get that replaced too tomorrow when I give take my car to the service station. This sound wasn't always heard but only on specific road-humps.

Last edited by Rahul_ : 27th April 2017 at 14:00. Reason: adding more information
Rahul_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 14:00   #2182
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is what Hyundai displayed the 'Accent Hatch 'at the Shanghai Auto show.

Looks to be seen if they carry over the exterior design to the Elite i20.

Name:  hyundai20a202.jpg
Views: 5980
Size:  56.5 KB
Name:  hyundai20a20222222.jpg
Views: 5928
Size:  65.7 KB

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th April 2017 at 14:06.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 15:50   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Looks to be seen if they carry over the exterior design to the Elite i20.

Attachment 1633795
Oh no. Lets hope Hyundai doesnt carry forward this weird rear bumper design language that they seem to have latched onto these days.(They did it on the Grand i10 facelift as well). It would really mess up with the clean lines of the I20's rear.
vamsi2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 16:57   #2184
BHPian

Today the last of the louvre adjusters in my Nov 2014 Sportz gave up, The adjuster parts are glued together and it is a case of pathetic design and manufacturing, completely unacceptable from a premium priced product, last month only the adjuster in the middle vents had broken, the SA told me the whole assembly costing around 2k will have tp be replaced, now seems the side vent assembly too !!

Talk about premium interiors!
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 16:03   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Today the last of the louvre adjusters in my Nov 2014 Sportz gave up, The adjuster parts are glued together and it is a case of pathetic design and manufacturing, completely unacceptable from a premium priced product, last month only the adjuster in the middle vents had broken, the SA told me the whole assembly costing around 2k will have tp be replaced, now seems the side vent assembly too !!

Talk about premium interiors!
Same here. The rear vent louvre adjusters just broke off and went inside the vents. The front right side one has gone stiff and might snap the next time i try to adjust it.

SA says parts will need to be ordered, but never orders them. No estimate of cost given to me. Since it isn't really a problem for me right now, it's going to be as is for a while.

Premium interiors indeed.
hakunabatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 22:04   #2186
BHPian

Default Map Version on i20

Hi guys,

Can someone tell what is the latest version of maps by MMI?

I recently serviced my vehicle and asked to update map as I read somewhere -which I forgot - that new maps are released. the guy at service center asked me if i got any message, I said "No". On that he said then you don't need update, it is latest.
is that the way it works?

This is what I see on my device.

PIO.IND.HMC.151208.83591
IN.08.47.52.550
sanjubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 22:28   #2187
BHPian

Default Re: Map Version on i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Hi guys,

Can someone tell what is the latest version of maps by MMI?

I recently serviced my vehicle and asked to update map as I read somewhere -which I forgot - that new maps are released. the guy at service center asked me if i got any message, I said "No". On that he said then you don't need update, it is latest.
is that the way it works?

This is what I see on my device.

PIO.IND.HMC.151208.83591
IN.08.47.52.550
I think your SA is just lazy. A new version has indeed come as you can see below.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20170407_21_44_24_pro.jpg

But i didn't wait for them and updated it myself. This is a good step by step instruction for updating. Though its for creta, the steps are the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4169096 (Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software)

Last edited by drpudhi : 9th May 2017 at 22:31.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 20:43   #2188
BHPian

Joining the 'Elite Club' with my i20 Asta O Diesel. My first ever ownership review coming soon. Love the car so far but I've just done 30 kms, so yeah, I'm in the honeymoon phase. Let's see if I connect with this car in the long run. Some pics from the occasion this evening. Thanks to Team-BHP in helping me make an informed decision.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-dsc_0039.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-dsc_0043.jpg

Edit: Guys, I already have a gripe. Is there a way to turn off the horn beeps every time I lock and unlock? I like the silent turn signal flashing lock and not the beeping one. This is putting me off. Is there a solution? Thanks.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 10th May 2017 at 20:45.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 21:15   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post

Edit: Guys, I already have a gripe. Is there a way to turn off the horn beeps every time I lock and unlock? I like the silent turn signal flashing lock and not the beeping one. This is putting me off. Is there a solution? Thanks.
No and Yes. You cannot turn off the horn beeps while locking or unlocking using the key fob. But you can avoid it. I usually lock and unlock the car using the request sensor on drivers door. Using it doesn't beep and you only get the indicator blinks.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 19:11   #2190
BHPian

I have a petrol elite I20 2014 model.
Recently my car stopped suddenly while driving. I waited for some time and then again started my car and it ran fine but then again same issue.
I managed to reach home somehow.
The car ran started fine next day and I took her to service centre.
They checked the car and found out that the fuel was adulterated and had water in it which is surprising since I filled it up at pump which is in middle of Delhi.
Nevertheless they cleaned the tank and the car is running fine since then.
But off lately when I accelerate I get knocking sound if you can call it that.
The question I have is it related to the adulterated fuel that was filled?
scarlet.fever is offline   Reply With Quote