Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2015, 14:08   #961
BHPian
 
Dinesh_Malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 145
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Guys,

Anyone of you wondering if we could buy i20 actives's projector headlamp setup and install in our elite i20s?

Any possibility of buying these from the dealers as Hyundai does sell accessories through OTC right?
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 14:22   #962
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Guys,

Anyone of you wondering if we could buy i20 actives's projector headlamp setup and install in our elite i20s?

Any possibility of buying these from the dealers as Hyundai does sell accessories through OTC right?
I recently checked on installing the i20 Active's projector headlamp with a new Elite i20 Asta while booking in Bangalore. They mentioned that the headlamp mounting clip was different on both the cars and the same unit on the i20 Active could not be installed on the Elite i20. They are offering non-OEM projectors to install at the dealer level which does not come with the static bending function.

Genuinely wish Hyundai India offers this as an official accessory for Elite i20 owners.
spsam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 18:08   #963
BHPian
 
nadim_90210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 98
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi all ,

Finally got my car on 10th August and just finished all the required modification which was required on the car.

Kindly enjoy the pictures :-)
Attached Images
       
nadim_90210 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 19:04   #964
BHPian
 
Dinesh_Malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 145
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Hi all ,

Finally got my car on 10th August and just finished all the required modification which was required on the car.

Kindly enjoy the pictures :-)
Hi Nadim,

Just wanted to ask if those are yellow colored brake calipers or after market installation?
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 19:48   #965
BHPian
 
nadim_90210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 98
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Those are replica brembo made of plastic . I bought it through ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/UNIVERSAL-BRE...item2a4cf4ccd9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi Nadim,

Just wanted to ask if those are yellow colored brake calipers or after market installation?
nadim_90210 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 22:36   #966
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 793
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

They aren't offering the projectors from the Active i20. They will be doing the same procedure which any other guys will do. The only difference, warranty remains intact but the overall cost is slightly higher!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi,

Are they installing the projectors that come exactly as on elite i20 active? Or the after market ones which they sell from their tie-ups?

Stay away from the after market ones! Buy the ones that are on elite i20 active.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 23:14   #967
BHPian
 
Dinesh_Malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 145
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
They aren't offering the projectors from the Active i20. They will be doing the same procedure which any other guys will do. The only difference, warranty remains intact but the overall cost is slightly higher!
I saw that setup before. MODI Hyundai and Shreenath have tied up with the same guys. What I didn't like about those peojectors was they were actually spoiling the look of the front side of the car while the ones from active (or i20's international version) look brilliant.

Some solution has to be found for this.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 09:54   #968
BHPian
 
nadim_90210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 98
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

I looking forward of purchasing new Touch Screen HU for my I20 Elite , can anyone let me know which model should i go for ? It needs to be android and Should have GPS.

Will my steering Controls work if i install after market HU ?

Also planning to upgrade the lights as the stock ones are not so powerfull hence please advice which should i go for .
nadim_90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 19:05   #969
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 137
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Those are replica brembo made of plastic . I bought it through ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/UNIVERSAL-BRE...item2a4cf4ccd9
Hi,

How much did the seat covers cost you, they look fabulous!

Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 20:59   #970
BHPian
 
nadim_90210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 98
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Seat covers costed me 8.5K including fitting . Got it fitted from Orchis Mumbai. Marigold :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

How much did the seat covers cost you, they look fabulous!

Regards
Shailesh
nadim_90210 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 20:37   #971
BHPian
 
sourav9385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 415
Thanked: 686 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Folks & fellow i20 owners,

Does anyone know at approximately what amount of fuel left in the tank does the Llow Fuel" warning light come on?

I'm concerned as I could not find this info in the i20 user manual.

As far as I know, most cars display a low fuel light when the fuel left in the tank is less than 10% of the total capacity.

If you have this info, please do share it.

Thanks & Cheers!
sourav9385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 21:42   #972
BHPian
 
vishnurajanme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: chengannur
Posts: 215
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Hi all, I was always complaining about the low mileage I was getting from my i20. Last day I found out the routine of gaining higher mileage figures from her.

I skipped driving her in 1st and 2nd gear mostly. And always gear shifts are done in a neutral manner. Means, shift it before the turbo engages.


You run on turbo in lower gears = you losing heavy mileage figures.

Finally I got around 20 mileage on my previous highway trip. And the interesting fact is, there was moderate traffic and she mostly ran between 80-100 speeds.

Found some interesting info from my tablet running torque pro connected to the OBD via ELM327 bluetooth interface.

1. In first and 2nd gear, you drive her hard, or sedate, your mileage is always less than 10kpl

2. In 3rd gear, she is okay, but by sedate driving, maximum 15kpl

3. In 4th and 5th, the mileage will go upto 30 while maintaining steady speeds, upto 90 while coasting and 15 while accelerating.



So always try to maintain her in 4th or 5th to get enough mileage from your i20

See the attached screenshot of my torque pro app showing mileage. It does not show other info as the screenshot was taken after switching off my car. If anyone else need elm327, you can approach me. My friend sold it to me @ Rs.1000
vishnurajanme is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 22:00   #973
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,370
Thanked: 9,802 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
1. In first and 2nd gear, you drive her hard, or sedate, your mileage is always less than 10kpl

2. In 3rd gear, she is okay, but by sedate driving, maximum 15kpl

3. In 4th and 5th, the mileage will go upto 30 while maintaining steady speeds, upto 90 while coasting and 15 while accelerating.
This find is but natural.

1st gear is only to induce movement and get the car off the line. Not to revv. Same goes for 2nd gear too.

3rd is for moderate city crusting at speeds between 35 to 45 kmph.

Once you do get free areas shift up to 4th or 5th depending on the speed. As much as possible be on the higher great for extracting the best FE from the engine.

This doesn't mean you lug the engine. There is a particular engine rpm : speed that'll get you the best FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
See the attached screenshot of my torque pro app showing mileage.
Sorry buddy, I guess you forgot to attach it. I am not able to see the screen shot.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 00:46   #974
BHPian
 
anoop_gkris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 42
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Folks & fellow i20 owners,
Does anyone know at approximately what amount of fuel left in the tank does the Llow Fuel" warning light come on?
Not sure about the correct values, but I counted the average of kilometres used up in one bar and its about 35. Tallying up I'm a assuming about 2.5 litres of fuel for that bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
3. In 4th and 5th, the mileage will go upto 30 while maintaining steady speeds, upto 90 while coasting and 15 while accelerating.

So always try to maintain her in 4th or 5th to get enough mileage from your i20
Thanks mate, this one is worth to try, I get something about 13.5 kmpl in the city and have to switch back to 2nd gear many times to revv up. Will try this out for sure.

Last edited by ampere : 19th August 2015 at 07:49. Reason: Merged back to back posts
anoop_gkris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 10:41   #975
BHPian
 
vishnurajanme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: chengannur
Posts: 215
Thanked: 161 Times
Cool Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This find is but natural.

1st gear is only to induce movement and get the car off the line. Not to revv. Same goes for 2nd gear too.

3rd is for moderate city crusting at speeds between 35 to 45 kmph.

Once you do get free areas shift up to 4th or 5th depending on the speed. As much as possible be on the higher great for extracting the best FE from the engine.

This doesn't mean you lug the engine. There is a particular engine rpm : speed that'll get you the best FE.



Sorry buddy, I guess you forgot to attach it. I am not able to see the screen shot.

Sorry buddy, what I meant is, she is really a drunkard in the 1st, 2nd and mostly the 3rd gear. Tried the same ELM327 + Torque Pro combo in my cousin's swift and she gave better figures mostly in the 2nd and 3rd gear and in the 4th and 5th gears, they were almost matching. Please find the screenshots with this post. Forgot to attach with the last post.

In the screenshots, you can see 15Kpl and also 20Kpl.

15 was attained when I was shifting after turbo got engaged in 1st, 2nd and 3rd mostly. Because driving with turbo engaged = sheer driving pleasure

20 was attained when I was shifting before turbo got engaged in 1st, 2nd and 3rd mostly. Because, driving without turbo = more mileage

My phone was always docked and it showed the instantaneous mileage reading at all times. From the readings only I came to this conclusion. Turbo in 1st, 2nd and 3rd = LOW MILEAGE
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-screenshot_20150816195934.png  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-screenshot_20150818213438.png  

vishnurajanme is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Sibling Rivalry : Grand i10 vs Elite i20 vs Xcent iamendangered Hatchbacks 74 19th September 2015 18:20
Elite Forum, Elite Feeling xydon Introduce yourself 4 8th June 2012 19:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks