Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 00:06   #1666
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 466
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
I came around a strange thing. I took delivery of my ciaz on 30th May 2016, paid all the dues on 29th May. But my extended warranty is upto 24th May 2020. Also in the Maruticare mobile app it shows that the date of delivery is 24th May. I doubt some foul play on the behalf of the dealer.
I checked mine, and the date matches with invoice date. Also on maruti app it is reflecting fine. Can you get this checked from dealer? A week is not much, but still it should ideally match the delivery date. Or maybe a clerical typo mistake...
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 08:17   #1667
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 58
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I checked mine, and the date matches with invoice date. Also on maruti app it is reflecting fine. Can you get this checked from dealer? A week is not much, but still it should ideally match the delivery date. Or maybe a clerical typo mistake...
SA says that the car was alloted to the dealer on 24th May that's why the warranty starts from 24th. But this is not right in that manner if there's a car lying for 5 months in the stockyard the its warranty should start 5 days ago.
Can you please provide email id of maruti where I can report this.
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 08:27   #1668
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 466
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
SA says that the car was alloted to the dealer on 24th May that's why the warranty starts from 24th. But this is not right in that manner if there's a car lying for 5 months in the stockyard the its warranty should start 5 days ago.
Can you please provide email id of maruti where I can report this.
Send an email to contact@maruti.co.in - provide them car's registration number as they would need it.
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 08:42   #1669
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 58
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Send an email to contact@maruti.co.in - provide them car's registration number as they would need it.
Will do the same. Thanks ☺
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 15:24   #1670
BHPian
 
Arun.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 119
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, a question - anyone got door side beading installed ? I am looking to get black one's and get the painted body colored (Grey) - anyone done it ?
My cousin paid Rs.2800/- for the body coloured side moulding (Rs. 1600/- for black moulding and Rs. 1200/- for painting done at MASS).

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz-g-grey.jpg
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 22:08   #1671
Newbie
 
ranjitjadhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, a question - anyone got door side beading installed ? I am looking to get black one's and get the painted body colored (Grey) - anyone done it ?
I had received a quote of Rs.3000/- at MASS for body coloured side beading in May first week. Didn't go for it, though I did click a pic of a vehicle at the dealership just as reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20160502_17_29_40_pro-2-1.jpg  

ranjitjadhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 22:51   #1672
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 466
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
My cousin paid Rs.2800/- for the body coloured side moulding (Rs. 1600/- for black moulding and Rs. 1200/- for painting done at MASS).

Attachment 1522141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
I had received a quote of Rs.3000/- at MASS for body coloured side beading in May first week. Didn't go for it, though I did click a pic of a vehicle at the dealership just as reference.
Thanks guys, the images gave me a picture as to how it would look, and incidentally my ciaz is also grey! Pricing too looks OK, considering the black guards itself cost aboit 1600. Let me check this here..
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 00:38   #1673
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

This is the best looking sedan in its class. Just wish it had better engines. The 1.3 though adequate , doesn't do justice to the platform, and the 1.4 has no flair.

MSIL has become too dependent on the 1.3MJD. This engine's ten years old now, why haven't Suzuki been unable to develop a diesel engine of their own in ask this time?

What Suzuki is doing to the Indian market is a disgrace. We're their largest market, yet the last to be offered their newest products, be it engines or cars. It's not like Suzuki doesn't have the latest engines in their inventory, they've just decided that Indians will buy whatever they are selling and are not worthy of their really good products.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 09:03   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,506
Thanked: 5,225 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
MSIL has become too dependent on the 1.3MJD. This engine's ten years old now, why haven't Suzuki been unable to develop a diesel engine of their own in ask this time?
Honestly, they don't have competent diesel engines in-house. Apart from the 1.3 and 1.6 DDiS sourced from Fiat, all they have is the DDiS 125 which is available in the Celerio over here. And that 2 pot diesel is just a very mediocre engine at best. Ideally fit for only for a Super Carry and not a family car.

And the new 1.5 they are working on has been pushed back to 2018 owing to difficulties in achieving desired levels of refinement and performance.

Coming to petrol engines, Boosterjet is not far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
What Suzuki is doing to the Indian market is a disgrace. We're their largest market, yet the last to be offered their newest products, be it engines or cars.
Compared to the old days, MSIL has improved massively over here in the last few years.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 14:51   #1675
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Day before yesterday, while returning from my native place, 3 guys on a bike hit the right ORVM and sped away. They broke the ORVM with some rod kind of thing (couldn't notice as this happened within a second). Such losers! if this was a accident, i would had understood but this was done on purpose :(

The outer cover + Mirror + led plastic casing is broken. The frame is fine and so is the electrical folding, Mirror adjustment and even the led light works fine. I just checked with the Service center, they said the cost would be something like this

1. Right ORVM cover - 300
2. Mirror - Approx 300 (not in stock)
3. Paint charges for the ORVM cover - 500
4. Led cover wouldn't come separately, i would have to change the entire LED assembly that would be approx 2300 Rs

+ taxes on the above.

Now, i have a Zero dep insurance cover from National Insurance but not sure, if i have to claim that or spend from my pocket (it would affect my NCB for next year but not sure how much), also heard that Insurance companies raises premium if i have made a claim earlier, need some advise on the same.

Led on the ORVM is working fine, but its plastic cover is broken!

Last edited by Sri Vathsa : 4th July 2016 at 14:54.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 17:34   #1676
BHPian
 
King_pin09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Tried all possible ways but still couldnt get it. I might have to check with the showroom guys. Thanks.
Hello Bigwheels,

Please update as whether you were successful in cracking the setting or not. I suppose the information you are looking for is contained in page 2-43 of the users manual.
King_pin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 18:41   #1677
BHPian
 
quadmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 316
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Day before yesterday, while returning from my native place, 3 guys on a bike hit the right ORVM and sped away. They broke the ORVM with some rod kind of thing (couldn't notice as this happened within a second). Such losers! if this was a accident, i would had understood but this was done on purpose :(

Reading this sort of thing makes my blood boil

Sorry for you, hope karma catches up with these idiots.
quadmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 21:56   #1678
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 15
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Reading this sort of thing makes my blood boil

Sorry for you, hope karma catches up with these idiots.
Yesterday while traveling from Calicut to Kannur, I was struck in a jam. I was patiently waiting in a queue in my lane, suddenly two private buses came from back on wrong side and in order to enter the lane started pushing me towards left. This forced me to get my car off the road. I called police station(100) and the reply I got was- "This is very small event, police cannot do anything in this" and they hung up. I called again and no one replied.
This made me feel that on road I am on my own and police will only intervene when there is any accident.
singh.saab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 12:36   #1679
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 571
Thanked: 196 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
My cousin paid Rs.2800/- for the body coloured side moulding (Rs. 1600/- for black moulding and Rs. 1200/- for painting done at MASS).

Attachment 1522141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
I had received a quote of Rs.3000/- at MASS for body coloured side beading in May first week. Didn't go for it, though I did click a pic of a vehicle at the dealership just as reference.

Hi the car with body color moulding looks good. May I know the purpose, is it only cosmetic or prevents damages in accident. Why don't you fix it in a lower position so it does not break the clean cosmetic look of the car, just my opinion.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 13:45   #1680
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 466
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Hi the car with body color moulding looks good. May I know the purpose, is it only cosmetic or prevents damages in accident. Why don't you fix it in a lower position so it does not break the clean cosmetic look of the car, just my opinion.
I also got the door moulding installed...I mean did it myself. Cost was 1800.
Its not cosmetic, but rather saves the car from nicks and small dents we get from neighboring cars in parking. They would open thw door and slam the car next in line...causing a minor dent. The place where I pasted this helps, as this is the first thing that comes in contact..

Reference image is attached...just completed 13000kms.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-p_20160704_065455_1_p.jpg
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 148 15th November 2016 18:46
Maruti Suzuki recalls 3796 units of Ciaz to fix faulty clutch Aditya The Indian Car Scene 18 4th December 2014 19:00
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1501 6th October 2014 13:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks