Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2016, 17:30   #1696
Newbie
 
ranjitjadhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Completed first long drive of 300kms with my Ciaz ZXi+ Automatic. AFE was 19.6 kmpl for the trip. In fact, AFE was 20.7 kmpl for the first leg of the journey! Came as a pleasant surprise for an automatic. Long live Maruti!

Overall drive configuration: ~250kms highway driving & balance within city, 2 adults & their weekend luggage, Air con set at 24 and always ON, Max speed never exceeding 3-digits (I'm a sedate driver; overall range was mostly 40-90).
Attached Images
 
ranjitjadhav is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 18:19   #1697
BHPian
 
PrasannaDhana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Trichy
Posts: 422
Thanked: 967 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
Completed first long drive of 300kms with my Ciaz ZXi+ Automatic. AFE was 19.6 kmpl for the trip. In fact, AFE was 20.7 kmpl for the first leg of the journey! Came as a pleasant surprise for an automatic. Long live ).
20.7 kmpl for an automatic petrol is awesome. We diesel owners are used to 26kmpl without much of an effort. I thought petrol might run to 15 max per litre for the AT. Comes as a surprise indeed

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 18th July 2016 at 18:25.
PrasannaDhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 20:20   #1698
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 33
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
Completed first long drive of 300kms with my Ciaz ZXi+ Automatic. AFE was 19.6 kmpl for the trip. Max speed never exceeding 3-digits (I'm a sedate driver; overall range was mostly 40-90).

Am planning to buy a ZXi+ automatic myself. Would like to hear more of your experiences
bimbrahw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 11:26   #1699
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 52
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Ciaz Automatic Owners

Could you please confirm the car's FE in city. I am planning a Ciaz but confused between a ZDI+ or a VXI+ AT. My need at this point of time is an Automatic+Diesel Combination but unfortunately i am not getting any good options <10L on Road in Delhi. I tried a Ciaz AT from Zoomcar for a day and loved the automatic and the tiredness it saved me in the Daily Delhi to Gurgaon Traffic that i travel. But since my distance is 37kms one side i am also inclined towards a fuel efficient car.
RaSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 13:15   #1700
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Ciaz Automatic Owners

Could you please confirm the car's FE in city. I am planning a Ciaz but confused between a ZDI+ or a VXI+ AT. My need at this point of time is an Automatic+Diesel Combination but unfortunately i am not getting any good options <10L on Road in Delhi. I tried a Ciaz AT from Zoomcar for a day and loved the automatic and the tiredness it saved me in the Daily Delhi to Gurgaon Traffic that i travel. But since my distance is 37kms one side i am also inclined towards a fuel efficient car.
You can also try Zest AMT out. My father drives one and man its good.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 14:11   #1701
BHPian
 
PrasannaDhana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Trichy
Posts: 422
Thanked: 967 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
You can also try Zest AMT out. My father drives one and man its good.
No doubt Zest AMT is a wonderful alternative, but comparing it with Ciaz petrol AT, Ciaz wins hands down.

I say this because while buying a new car, the two final contenders were Ciaz ZDI and Zest XT diesel. The latter being 3 lakhs cheaper than the former, zest should have been my logical choice. But back to back test drives made me realise Ciaz was a better car in all possible ways.

Think about it, Ciaz feels a couple segments superior, rides way better, and owning the segment best seller versus owning a Tata car that is a dud. Owning a car with a terrific A.S.S versus a car with a terrible A.S.S, owning a car with brilliant resale value versus owning one with disastrous resale value.

Going by the trend in fuel prices(difference between petroland diesel being just 8rs) , cost per km for Ciaz petrol AT will be lesser than that of Zest diesel AMT.

PS: My Ciaz has completed 20000km in 11 months. Very very happy with this fuel sipping, spacious, comfortable and big footed Maruti
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20160719_13_37_28_pro.jpg  


Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th July 2016 at 14:29.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 16:56   #1702
BHPian
 
Rover2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hello All,

Have any of our members own/drive a Black Ciaz petrol RS? I am really interested in the RS version in black but have not seen one in flesh yet. Any pics and experience with them are most welcome
Rover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 19:37   #1703
BHPian
 
quadmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 316
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
Hello All,

Have any of our members own/drive a Black Ciaz petrol RS? I am really interested in the RS version in black but have not seen one in flesh yet. Any pics and experience with them are most welcome
I've seen one in Maruti showroom, not test driven. To me the all black interiors may be easier to maintain, but it does take away the spaciousness with a lighter interior.

Perhaps another reason is my current car is one with grey/black interiors (Beat) and I want a change
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 15:53   #1704
BHPian
 
VSG12777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 203
Thanked: 34 Times
Smile Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
Hello All,

Have any of our members own/drive a Black Ciaz petrol RS? I am really interested in the RS version in black but have not seen one in flesh yet. Any pics and experience with them are most welcome
Hey Rover,

There are no mechanical changes to the Ciaz RS. It is the same car, just with all black interiors (like the export models) and a body kit.

How I wish they would offer the Ciaz RS with an automatic! I would love it. I love all black interiors. Far easier to maintain than the beige we have in almost every mid size sedan and hatchback. The S-Cross is great too with all black interiors and so is the Baleno.

Looks like slowly all black interiors are coming back!

I also wish they would offer a better MID and the sliding arm rest in the Ciaz. The current arm rest is almost useless for shorter drivers. It is more an elbow rest
VSG12777 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 16:31   #1705
BHPian
 
Rover2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hey Rover,

There are no mechanical changes to the Ciaz RS. It is the same car, just with all black interiors (like the export models) and a body kit.

How I wish they would offer the Ciaz RS with an automatic! I would love it. I love all black interiors. Far easier to maintain than the beige we have in almost every mid size sedan and hatchback. The S-Cross is great too with all black interiors and so is the Baleno.

Looks like slowly all black interiors are coming back!

I also wish they would offer a better MID and the sliding arm rest in the Ciaz. The current arm rest is almost useless for shorter drivers. It is more an elbow rest
Thank you for the inputs Sir. Yes I learnt with an heart ache that there are no mechanical changes except the body kit and black interiors! Nevertheless I am going for it! more of heart over head decision, just like I did for the Punto evo sport specifically for the black interiors.
Rover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 17:17   #1706
BHPian
 
PrasannaDhana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Trichy
Posts: 422
Thanked: 967 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Dear diesel owners, what was your 5th service (20000km) bill? I feel Maruti is becoming expensive with service. I just paid 11k rupees for the service.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20160720_16_57_10_pro-2.jpg  


Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th July 2016 at 17:33.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 17:31   #1707
BHPian
 
Jeevith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
Just got the pedals fitted today!!
How are these pedals holding up? Any issues? I'm considering them for an S-Cross as well. Already have the MGA ones on the Ciaz.
Jeevith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 17:41   #1708
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Navsari
Posts: 62
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Dear diesel owners, what was your 5th service (20000km) bill? I feel Maruti is becoming expensive with service. I just paid 11k rupees for the service.

I am in the same boat buddy. Apparently scross and ciaz lie in the same category as per the paid service cost. I paid 9.2K for my scross 20K service. I was amazed and shocked at the same time. My vento's 15K and 30K service bill has not gone above 9-9.5K. I guess "maruti is cheap to own and maintain" is only a myth.
But then the quality of Scross is not just any other maruti like, so I swallowed the bitter pill slowly and steadily thinking it is okay when I'm getting a well made product, a little higher maintenance cost will accompany.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 17:54   #1709
BHPian
 
SchumiFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 753
Thanked: 566 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Dear diesel owners, what was your 5th service (20000km) bill? I feel Maruti is becoming expensive with service. I just paid 11k rupees for the service.

What is that Service Kit and why was all those 'cleaning' done? Were they mentioned in the service voucher? If not, one must refuse it point blank.

It is bad of Maruti or its service centers to do things not asked by the customer and charge an arm and leg for them.
SchumiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 18:06   #1710
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,162
Thanked: 5,057 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Dear diesel owners, what was your 5th service (20000km) bill? I feel Maruti is becoming expensive with service. I just paid 11k rupees for the service.
You could have knocked off a cool 2500-3000/- from the current bill. Intercooler cleaning, blower cleaning, alignment & balancing, engine flushing etc are not required at 20K kms.

With all these, there are taxes added to the bill too, so try and avoid such things. All the cars with synthetic oil is supposed to be a lot more expensive (around 2500/- over mineral oil), so give it some space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
What is that Service Kit and why was all those 'cleaning' done? Were they mentioned in the service voucher? If not, one must refuse it point blank...
Service kit includes all the filters (air, oil, fuel) - that's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
...It is bad of Maruti or its service centers to do things not asked by the customer and charge an arm and leg for them.
It's a business and they'll try to upsell everything. It's upto the customers to check / verify / sign off / strike out what is required / not required. This is a discussion which is very prevalent in any TD threads and I am not sure how people miss it. They wait till they burn the fingers and then look for the pain areas while there are some intelligent souls who seek the data prior, which is the way to go.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th July 2016 at 18:11.
swiftnfurious is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 148 15th November 2016 18:46
Maruti Suzuki recalls 3796 units of Ciaz to fix faulty clutch Aditya The Indian Car Scene 18 4th December 2014 19:00
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1501 6th October 2014 13:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks