Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 23rd November 2016, 14:39   #1891
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Guys, dashboard on my Ciaz is making noise in uneven road - somewhere in the middle. Any workaround to it, or should I get it looked at service center. There is no noise when the road surface is smooth.
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 23:52   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, dashboard on my Ciaz is making noise in uneven road - somewhere in the middle. Any workaround to it, or should I get it looked at service center. There is no noise when the road surface is smooth.
Please check if the noise comes from the faux wood panel with airbag written on it, by applying pressure while driving on rough roads. I had a similar problem. Tried various DIY remedies, but ultimately got it rectified from the service center.
mithunvvijayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 11:37   #1893
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Is there any likelihood of an AMT version being launched in the Ciaz Diesel. I am a big fan of the Ciaz for its comfort, mileage, hybrid tech, features and Maruti assurance but I desperately need an automatic or at least an AMT for the ease of driving. I currently own a SX4 automatic petrol off course but I am waiting for a Ciaz diesel automatic or AMT. I am wondering if I should wait or look for some other automatic.
patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 11:58   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
Please check if the noise comes from the faux wood panel with airbag written on it, by applying pressure while driving on rough roads. I had a similar problem. Tried various DIY remedies, but ultimately got it rectified from the service center.
I'll check if this is the source. Most likely it is right at the center of dashboard - behind the God Idols pasted, right below the rear view mirror.

If not, I'll probably wait for 2K more kms, and will get this looked up at 20K servicing.
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 17:33   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Even I have the same issue but in my case the noise comes from left side.. maybe from the glovebox or left side bottle holder
CA Dhruv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 18:35   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Ciaz facelift likely to debut in April 2017.

Apart from the exterior changes like reworked grille, fog lamp area and bumpers, inclusion of LED Daytime Running Lights, newly designed alloy wheels and HID projectors and sunroof, the Ciaz diesel variant could get the 1.6 MJD engine. ( 1.6 MJD engines imported in Nov-16)

This variant is likely to be retailed through Nexa.

Even the petrol variant is speculated to get the 1.5L engine which is seen in S Cross exported to the Indonesian market.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th November 2016 at 18:39.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 19:07   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Even I have the same issue but in my case the noise comes from left side.. maybe from the glovebox or left side bottle holder
CA Dhruv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 16:27   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
I believe this is usual with Marutis. It happened to me on Swift and Alto too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Yes, checked with my colleague who owns ciaz, even he has the same issue, although this happens 5 or 6 out of 10 times.
Reverse gear is usually not synchronized in manual transmissions. To put it in another way, there is no synchronizer for reverse. So, when the two gear wheels don't lock into one another (which happens only occasionally), you will 1) notice that the lever don't slot into the gate smoothly, and 2) hear some grinding noise.

This is not specific to Marutis. I noticed this on Indicas and pre-2012/13 Hyundais as well.

The only solution then will be to move forward or backward a little... either by putting it in first, or by depressing the clutch on a slope or get out of the car and give it a push

Last edited by vikred : 30th November 2016 at 16:30.
vikred is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 12:52   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikred View Post
Reverse gear is usually not synchronized in manual transmissions. To put it in another way, there is no synchronizer for reverse. So, when the two gear wheels don't lock into one another (which happens only occasionally), you will 1) notice that the lever don't slot into the gate smoothly, and 2) hear some grinding noise.

This is not specific to Marutis. I noticed this on Indicas and pre-2012/13 Hyundais as well.

The only solution then will be to move forward or backward a little... either by putting it in first, or by depressing the clutch on a slope or get out of the car and give it a push
I was under the impression that drive by wire technology eliminated this problem. I have zen and old Dzire both of which had the same issue. But Ritz came with drive by wire technology and I haven't faced this issues even once in 99k, 6 years of run with the car which kind of justified that the newer technology eliminated this issue.
headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 16:33   #1900

Ciaz Way ahead of City in November month sales

Ciaz : 5433
City : 2658

Now Ciaz is the Clear segment leader .. Hope Honda bring their facelifted version to counter the competition.
Sarath_MoJa is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 17:49   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath_MoJa View Post
Ciaz Way ahead of City in November month sales

Ciaz : 5433
City : 2658

Now Ciaz is the Clear segment leader .. Hope Honda bring their facelifted version to counter the competition.
The Pricing is all that matter. If the new city is priced higher, then the same trend will continue. India is a price sensitive market and the numbers prove it all.
riteshritesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 18:11   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I was under the impression that drive by wire technology eliminated this problem. I have zen and old Dzire both of which had the same issue. But Ritz came with drive by wire technology and I haven't faced this issues even once in 99k, 6 years of run with the car which kind of justified that the newer technology eliminated this issue.

Drive by wire plays no role in manual transmissions that use physical linkages to change gears. Drive by wire is used for throttle, brakes, auto transmissions, steering in some cases, etc.

What vikred meant was that there is no synchroniser present to match the speed of the engine and transmission to smoothly shift gear.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 14:51   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
The Pricing is all that matter. If the new city is priced higher, then the same trend will continue. India is a price sensitive market and the numbers prove it all.
There are other things too which tips the scale towards Ciaz. Service network, periodic and repair costs, proven engine, better features spec by spec. And Ciaz is a better performer too in the diesel versions (though in paper Honda has a higher powered engine). If the updated version of honda city brings in more features, I think maruti will be prompt to answer it with the updated Ciaz.
mithunvvijayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 15:08   #1904
BHPian

I saw a rather strange variant of Ciaz recently

VXI ( Petrol ) + SHVS ( Diesel ) + RS !!

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20161201-16.48.43.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 15:27   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
I saw a rather strange variant of Ciaz recently

VXI ( Petrol ) + SHVS ( Diesel ) + RS !!
The SHVS badge, in all probability, is there to dodge the odd-even scheme of NCR.
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote