Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2017, 16:47   #2026
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 653
Thanked: 498 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
I'm not looking for a Ciaz. My question was based on a hypothetical scenario if I ever booked a Ciaz with Nexa. I've booked a Baleno Zeta CVT with OMR Nexa and waiting for delivery
Congrats on your new car! I also TDed the Baleno CVT, very easy car to punt around from the same Pillai NEXA.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 17:38   #2027
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 390
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
I've booked a Baleno Zeta CVT with OMR Nexa and waiting for delivery
Hi, Sorry for going OT. I heard that the extended warranty provided by NEXA dealer is valid only at their workshops. Can you please check with NEXA OMR (Pillai & Sons) ?

The reason I'm asking is I took delivery of my Baleno Zeta CVT from their Trichy showroom. So, I'm worried!
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 18:15   #2028
BHPian
 
y2ksrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 228
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi, Sorry for going OT. I heard that the extended warranty provided by NEXA dealer is valid only at their workshops. Can you please check with NEXA OMR (Pillai & Sons) ?

The reason I'm asking is I took delivery of my Baleno Zeta CVT from their Trichy showroom. So, I'm worried!
Sure, I can check and let you know. But based on what I've read on the Baleno and S Cross thread and also on the Maruti Extended Warranty thread, the Nexa Extended Warranty is provided by Maruti Suzuki itself and not from the dealer, so it should be honored across all service stations. Please see this (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review) from the S Cross thread.
y2ksrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 13:01   #2029
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hello,

With the updated CIAZ around the corner, does it make sense to buy the current Ciaz Automatic right now - given the discounts on offer?

Dealer are offering 20k cash discounts + 10k Corporate discount and 40k Exchange bonus. That translates to about 70k discount (even on 2017 manufactered models).

How does the deal on Automatic model look like?

I understand that Maruti might even move to CVT technology in the facelifted Ciaz, but the conventional AT is not too bad - ane is even Rubber band effect free

Does it make sense to wait or take the plunge?
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 13:48   #2030
BHPian
 
AkMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 857
Thanked: 1,219 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hello,

With the updated CIAZ around the corner, does it make sense to buy the current Ciaz Automatic right now - given the discounts on offer?

Dealer are offering 20k cash discounts + 10k Corporate discount and 40k Exchange bonus. That translates to about 70k discount (even on 2017 manufactered models).

How does the deal on Automatic model look like?
With these kind of discounts I would go for the current model. I don't have extensive experience with the automatic, however I had taken a Zoomcar Ciaz AT for a 400 km roadtrip last year. I was very happy with the car even in the poor condition that it was in. A new or well maintained car would be even better.

I took the car on Mumbai Goa Highway which was riddled with moon craters during those days. The car did not scrape the bottom even once. I found the AT box adequately responsive even in D mode. Overtaking was hassle free even on two lane roads. During one overtake which required quick acceleration, the box downshifted to 2nd at 50-55 kmph on pressing the throttle more.

If you are satisfied with the TD then I would say go for it.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 19:04   #2031
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 106
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Spoke to outlet manager of Bellandur showroom in Bangalore, he said ciaz booking and delivery both will be from Nexa starting April.
He also mentioned originally Ciaz was meant for Nexa but the outlets were not ready hence maruti launched it via regular showrooms.
KD007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 22:46   #2032
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 92
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Has anyone else also got a cracked fog lamp?
I found mine cracked last month, thought it might be due to some stone piercing it while driving, even though there's no scratch nearby. But recently read on brezza thread that it was a defect in certain batches of brezza and was replaced free of cost.
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 08:46   #2033
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 167
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Has anyone else also got a cracked fog lamp?
I found mine cracked last month, thought it might be due to some stone piercing it while driving, even though there's no scratch nearby. But recently read on brezza thread that it was a defect in certain batches of brezza and was replaced free of cost.
I had cracked fog lamp. I thought it is due to some miscreant and replaced it foe a cost. Didn't know it is a defect.:banghead:
sathya_g_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 15:54   #2034
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 92
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
I had cracked fog lamp. I thought it is due to some miscreant and replaced it foe a cost. Didn't know it is a defect.:banghead:
I also thought the same but didn't bother to replace it immediately. Planning to drop a mail to maruti regarding the same.
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 23:19   #2035
BHPian
 
rambo1o1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 173 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hello,

I completed my 40k servicing of my Diesel ciaz yesterday.I had taken my own oil(Mobil Delvac 1 5w40).

There were no preexisting issues to take care of. The slight rattles that plagued the car right from the start persist and i have decided to live with it since the service guys only mange to damage/dirty the interior panels while attempting to rectify it.

I was present throughout the servicing of my car.The extra stuff that gets replaced at 40k are the fuel and air filter, brake fluid and coolant.

While servicing they found that there was an oil leak from the engine sump.They had to remove the engine sump and reapply the sealant(there is no gasket ).
I was a bit miffed to see this since at the last service the turbo inter-cooler hose was leaking oil as well. There was another diesel Ritz with the same issue and was told that this is not a rare occurrence.
I was charged for the labor and the sealant cost was under goodwill warranty.My car is 2 years and 2 months old and this issues isn't covered under extended warranty either. I have spoken to the customer care lady about this and she promised to clarify.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz-40k.jpg

Anyways this time the car feels extra smoother and punchy and the diesel clatter feels much reduced as compared to the last service when i switched over to full synthetic oil for the first time.

Overall very satisfied with my Ciaz.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 17th March 2017 at 23:22.
rambo1o1 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 12:50   #2036
BHPian
 
BLACKRiVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 59
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hello guys.

My pearl white ciaz met with an accident last month. The rear quarter panel and door were dented. I got it repaired from MASS. The problem is the new color has got a yellowish tint to it. I have asked the MASS to rectify it but they say nothing can be done and i ll have to live with it. What should i do now?
BLACKRiVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 13:06   #2037
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
Hello guys.

My pearl white ciaz met with an accident last month. The rear quarter panel and door were dented. I got it repaired from MASS. The problem is the new color has got a yellowish tint to it. I have asked the MASS to rectify it but they say nothing can be done and i ll have to live with it. What should i do now?
Tell them you cant live with it, and the reason for giving the car to Authorized service centre is to make sure that the color matches with the original factory color. Don't compromise and escalate to Maruthi if required.

Right OVRM was damaged on my car and had got the same changed with MASS, after the finish i found some air bubble mark at the place where is not really visible, but i insisted that they finish it properly, they fixed it by applying polish and some other liquid.
Sri Vathsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 07:53   #2038
BHPian
 
treadmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 338
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

We didn't get a Remote Controller when we took delivery of our Zdi+ and Sales Executive had informed my wife that a Remote Controller is not part of the kit. Is it the same story everywhere?

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 08:26   #2039
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 525
Thanked: 264 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
We didn't get a Remote Controller when we took delivery of our Zdi+ and Sales Executive had informed my wife that a Remote Controller is not part of the kit. Is it the same story everywhere?

Cheers!
Yes, remote is not included in variants with Infotainment System - my ZDI+ also did not came with remote.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 08:39   #2040
BHPian
 
cpbopanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 769 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Yes, remote is not included in variants with Infotainment System - my ZDI+ also did not came with remote.
Slightly OT:
Once upon a time, an unscrupulous automobile dealer in Coorg used to remove the spare tyre that came with Jeeps and sell it (back) as an accessory to the same (gullible) vehicle buyer, claiming Jeeps did not come with spare tyres!

A more recent example, when I bought an SX4, I did not know that the car came with a remote controller. Six months later, when I picked up an SX4 for my cousin, that car HAD a remote controller! Needless to say, I fought with the dealer and got myself a remote controller too!

All I can say is 'caveat emptor', Latin for 'let the buyer beware' and check with Maruti!
cpbopanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 200 11th August 2017 11:04
Maruti Suzuki recalls 3796 units of Ciaz to fix faulty clutch Aditya The Indian Car Scene 18 4th December 2014 19:00
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1501 6th October 2014 13:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks