Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 10:59   #2146
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 327
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hi all,

Took delivery of my glistering grey Ciaz Delta DDis SHVS yesterday evening from Nexa Turbhe, Navi Mumbai. I will share some photos soon. With the joy and excitement thought of almost sleeping in the car overnight.

There were many more Ciaz's delivered yesterday, two of them just before us so not sure there is an issue with Supply. Mine is a 2017 May manufactured car.
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 16:52   #2147
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

We Have booked the the car on 23rd May. Still no word from the dealer.

My experience with maruti's NEXA has not been any different than a regular maruti dealership. Yes, the team is in suits and they have all these glaring lights on 24 hours but the customer experience is still the same.

Honda still gets my vote here.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 19:15   #2148
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 7,176 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

A friend's 1 month old Ciaz ZDI+ had gone for 1st service. As per him, the workshop replaced injectors without asking. It's not a formal recall as such, but they are silently replacing when cars are going in for service. A small batch of cars is affected.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img20170613wa0033.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img20170613wa0030.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 20:43   #2149
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,592
Thanked: 4,467 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A friend's 1 month old Ciaz ZDI+ had gone for 1st service. As per him, the workshop replaced injectors without asking. It's not a formal recall as such, but they are silently replacing when cars are going in for service. A small batch of cars is affected.
Not just limited to Ciaz. Almost all the cars with 1.3 MJD 90 hp are affected. The culprit was "Bosch Fuel Injector" as per RCA document. The fuel injectors produced by Bosch (particular batch) was found to have defects.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 14th June 2017 at 20:47.
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 08:02   #2150
BHPian
 
treadmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 341
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A friend's 1 month old Ciaz ZDI+ had gone for 1st service. As per him, the workshop replaced injectors without asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Not just limited to Ciaz. Almost all the cars with 1.3 MJD 90 hp are affected. The culprit was "Bosch Fuel Injector" as per RCA document. The fuel injectors produced by Bosch (particular batch) was found to have defects.
Is that an official recall? If not any idea on which months production is having quality defects?
Last month i sent mine for first service at Thrissur BRD and nothing was bought to my notice.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 08:36   #2151
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 7,176 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Is that an official recall? If not any idea on which months production is having quality defects?
Last month i sent mine for first service at Thrissur BRD and nothing was bought to my notice.

Cheers!
My friend's Ciaz is of April 2017 make, purchased in May.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 09:51   #2152
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 64
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Guys,
Does anyone have ownership experience of the Ciaz Delta AT (or whatever model that was before coming to Nexa)? Is it worth the money or is the new Dzire Zxi+ AMT a better choice? I am planning to buy one between these and I'm primarily going to use it for city driving with stop and go traffic.
Thanks!
meetgds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 22:33   #2153
Newbie
 
ranjitjadhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Guys,
Does anyone have ownership experience of the Ciaz Delta AT (or whatever model that was before coming to Nexa)? Is it worth the money or is the new Dzire Zxi+ AMT a better choice? I am planning to buy one between these and I'm primarily going to use it for city driving with stop and go traffic.
Thanks!
I have owned Ciaz Zxi+ AT for over an year now. Totally loving it especially in city driving. I think Ciaz itself is a VFM offering.

Haven't physically looked at the new Dzire, it looks nice though. But I am sure it doesn't beat Ciaz's rear seat leg room any case . One major difference to note - Dzire is AMT Vs. Ciaz is conventional AT. Would suggest you test drive both to get first hand driving experience. Best luck!
ranjitjadhav is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2017, 12:05   #2154
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 64
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
I have owned Ciaz Zxi+ AT for over an year now. Totally loving it especially in city driving. I think Ciaz itself is a VFM offering.

Haven't physically looked at the new Dzire, it looks nice though. But I am sure it doesn't beat Ciaz's rear seat leg room any case . One major difference to note - Dzire is AMT Vs. Ciaz is conventional AT. Would suggest you test drive both to get first hand driving experience. Best luck!
Thanks!
What FE do you get in city?
meetgds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2017, 12:12   #2155
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Guys,
Does anyone have ownership experience of the Ciaz Delta AT (or whatever model that was before coming to Nexa)? Is it worth the money or is the new Dzire Zxi+ AMT a better choice? I am planning to buy one between these and I'm primarily going to use it for city driving with stop and go traffic.
Thanks!
I have driven the Ciaz AT extensively and find it to be a very relaxing car to drive. The gearshifts are hardly noticable and ofcourse the usual strenghts of Ciaz remain - a roomy cabin and comparatively cheaper to maintain being a Maruti.

However, since you are contemplating between DZire AMT and Ciaz AT, why not also have a look at the Nissan Sunny CVT. With latest price cuts, the ex-showroom price for the Sunny after discounts is nearly the same as DZire AMT ZXi+ but you get much more bang for the buck - a proper CVT transmission (which is very good to drive mind you - with no shift shocks at all unlike AMT), interior space which is even more than the Ciaz. Ofcourse, being a Nissan one cannot compare the after sales and service levels with Maruti - its an individual decision. But product for product, the Sunny CVT is much more value for money than the new DZire, infact a segment higher car for the same price!

Last edited by DCEite : 20th June 2017 at 12:14.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2017, 21:39   #2156
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 64
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I have driven the Ciaz AT extensively and find it to be a very relaxing car to drive. The gearshifts are hardly noticable and ofcourse the usual strenghts of Ciaz remain - a roomy cabin and comparatively cheaper to maintain being a Maruti.

However, since you are contemplating between DZire AMT and Ciaz AT, why not also have a look at the Nissan Sunny CVT. With latest price cuts, the ex-showroom price for the Sunny after discounts is nearly the same as DZire AMT ZXi+ but you get much more bang for the buck - a proper CVT transmission (which is very good to drive mind you - with no shift shocks at all unlike AMT), interior space which is even more than the Ciaz. Ofcourse, being a Nissan one cannot compare the after sales and service levels with Maruti - its an individual decision. But product for product, the Sunny CVT is much more value for money than the new DZire, infact a segment higher car for the same price!
I, for some reason, don't like the looks (especially the interiors) of Sunny. Also, from ASS point of view, I want to restrict myself to Maruti, Hyundai and Honda.

What mileage does Ciaz AT give?
meetgds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 14:58   #2157
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 327
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Dear Ciaz Owners, my car is due for the first free service/inspection at 1000 kms and going by the service manual there seems to be no replacement. However owners here have reported changing engine oil. Is it required to do so? If yes, mineral or synthetic since someone confirmed Maruti shipping ciaz with Mineral oil and it is better than synthetic for the first 10,000 kms. Awaiting suggestions
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 15:19   #2158
BHPian
 
treadmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 341
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Dear Ciaz Owners, my car is due for the first free service/inspection at 1000 kms and going by the service manual there seems to be no replacement. However owners here have reported changing engine oil. Is it required to do so? If yes, mineral or synthetic since someone confirmed Maruti shipping ciaz with Mineral oil and it is better than synthetic for the first 10,000 kms. Awaiting suggestions
I would strongly recommend you to stick with what the service manual says, no one knows your engine better. You can blindly believe them and go by the book.
If not changing an engine oil would cause harm to the engine, then most of the cars running today should be in garage by now.
This is not the case with Ciaz but with any manufacture and any vehicle.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 09:17   #2159
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,136
Thanked: 1,563 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat
Dear Ciaz Owners, my car is due for the first free service/inspection at 1000 kms and going by the service manual there seems to be no replacement. However owners here have reported changing engine oil. Is it required to do so?
If the manual says no replacement, please go by that. Earlier, for Maruti cars, there used to be an oil change done @ 1st service - was done for my Baleno sedan. But looks like with the Ciaz, it is not needed. Btw when is the 1st oil change mandated as per the manual ? At 10k kms, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat
If yes, mineral or synthetic since someone confirmed Maruti shipping ciaz with Mineral oil and it is better than synthetic for the first 10,000 kms. Awaiting suggestions
Again stick to the grade/type of oil recommended by Maruti - as mentioned in the manual.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 13:36   #2160
BHPian
 
torquehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MH12
Posts: 40
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Not just limited to Ciaz. Almost all the cars with 1.3 MJD 90 hp are affected. The culprit was "Bosch Fuel Injector" as per RCA document. The fuel injectors produced by Bosch (particular batch) was found to have defects.
Hi Dr.Naren,
Does this apply to S-Cross 1.3 too? Going to NEXA today to get some initial niggles addressed. Can have this checked.
Cheers,
torquehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 200 11th August 2017 11:04
Maruti Suzuki recalls 3796 units of Ciaz to fix faulty clutch Aditya The Indian Car Scene 18 4th December 2014 19:00
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1501 6th October 2014 13:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks