Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 13:40   #2161
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,099
Thanked: 5,822 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Hi Dr.Naren,
Does this apply to S-Cross 1.3 too? Going to NEXA today to get some initial niggles addressed. Can have this checked.
Cheers,
Maruti dealer wouldn't tell this or entertain your query. If it is affected, they will do it for sure. They should be having the chassis number cut off of the cars
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:27   #2162
BHPian
 
Foxbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 299
Thanked: 393 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

I am thinking of fitting a woofer to my Ciaz Alpha Diesel. Any recommendations on which model? Will I need an amplifier also? I don't think the HU has an sub out. The dealer has one in the official accessories but it seems overpriced.

Will getting one installed from outside void the warranty?
Foxbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:11   #2163
BHPian
 
IN07KL0484's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cochin, Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I am thinking of fitting a woofer to my Ciaz Alpha Diesel. Any recommendations on which model? Will I need an amplifier also? I don't think the HU has an sub out. The dealer has one in the official accessories but it seems overpriced.

Will getting one installed from outside void the warranty?
You definitely require an amplifier for a subwoofer. You can check if the OEM unit has RCA out and if not get an adapter. Most of the audio components are straight up plug and play these days and hence would not require cutting wires. But you will have to be very thorough and insist that no wires are cut during installation.

I would recommend the following:

1. Decent amplifier: 2 or 4 channel depending on your budget. You can run your woofer as well as a couple of speakers through the amplifier, thus giving a better sound quality.
2. Single Subwoofer: JBL would be a safe bet.
3. Damping: Ciaz does not have very good damping, so this would be highly recommended if you are investing in audio.
IN07KL0484 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:57   #2164
BHPian
 
Foxbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 299
Thanked: 393 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN07KL0484 View Post
You definitely require an amplifier for a subwoofer. You can check if the OEM unit has RCA out and if not get an adapter. Most of the audio components are straight up plug and play these days and hence would not require cutting wires. But you will have to be very thorough and insist that no wires are cut during installation.

I would recommend the following:

1. Decent amplifier: 2 or 4 channel depending on your budget. You can run your woofer as well as a couple of speakers through the amplifier, thus giving a better sound quality.
2. Single Subwoofer: JBL would be a safe bet.
3. Damping: Ciaz does not have very good damping, so this would be highly recommended if you are investing in audio.
Thanks for the info, any particular models I should look for?

How are the models which have the amplifier and sub-woofer built into one?

Like this:
http://www.amazon.in/Blaupunkt-BPGTB...DDDJRNCV36DW8W

I last bought ICE for my Alto 8.5+ years ago, since then its seems prices and models have changed a lot.
Foxbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 18:23   #2165
BHPian
 
IN07KL0484's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cochin, Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Thanks for the info, any particular models I should look for?

How are the models which have the amplifier and sub-woofer built into one?

Like this:
http://www.amazon.in/Blaupunkt-BPGTB...DDDJRNCV36DW8W

I last bought ICE for my Alto 8.5+ years ago, since then its seems prices and models have changed a lot.
To be honest, the last time I played around with ICE was when I replaced my car 3 years back. So I am not really updated with the latest models either. I have 4 Infinity Components on the doors, two Rockford Oval speakers at the back, all powered through a 4 channel Blaupunkt amp. Initially, I had a JBL subwoofer too but soon realized it was an overkill with the oval speakers giving decent bass.

Regarding the active woofer, I have never used one so can't really comment on it. But I personally would prefer a stand alone amplifier so that it can be used to power the speakers as well.
IN07KL0484 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 00:09   #2166
BHPian
 
Foxbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 299
Thanked: 393 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Does the unit on Ciaz Alpha have a pre out? If no, how does Nexa officially sell the amplifier and Passive woofers?

The reason for asking is to confirm whether we can get amplifiers and components installed from outside.
Did you manage to find out about the pre out and did you get an amplifier and woofer installed?

I am also looking at options to get a woofer.
Foxbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 19:25   #2167
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 423
Thanked: 587 Times
Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Ciaz to get expensive by up-to 1.5 lakh as a result of GST

http://www.india.com/auto/car-news/g...-5-lakh-33552/
bhpfaninblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 19:36   #2168
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
The New Ciaz Facelift? If this is it, it certainly looks smashing. The DRLs will also double up as turn indicators when engaged. Authenticity is unknown about the same though.
Attachment 1645470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
This looks like Thailand number plate. So it should be some mod by owner

Definitely an owner mod, suzuki thailand brochure shows the regular headlamps.

https://www.suzuki.co.th/webpage/_fi...z-Brochure.pdf
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 01:09   #2169
BHPian
 
PraNeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 344
Thanked: 835 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Ciaz to get expensive by up-to 1.5 lakh as a result of GST

http://www.india.com/auto/car-news/g...-5-lakh-33552/
All Maruti has to do is remove the SHVS system from the diesel variants of Ertiga and Ciaz. Both the cars sell well and Maruti will not allow them to be impacted because of GST. They were quick to react and brought the SVHS tech for price benefits, so they will be swift in removing it too, IMO.
PraNeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 13:55   #2170
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 27th June 2017 at 23:43.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 27th June 2017, 18:29   #2171
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 423
Thanked: 587 Times
Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Yes, the Ciaz minor facelift leaks could be just for that. They are likely to remove the "Smart Hybrid" tag and do some minor cosmetic updates like DRLs, modified bumper ..etc

Won't be surprised if the newly manufactured Ciaz comes without SHVS from July 1st itself! The facelift leaks on various automotive sites did not have the SHVS badge itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
All Maruti has to do is remove the SHVS system from the diesel variants of Ertiga and Ciaz. Both the cars sell well and Maruti will not allow them to be impacted because of GST. They were quick to react and brought the SVHS tech for price benefits, so they will be swift in removing it too, IMO.
bhpfaninblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 19:58   #2172
Newbie
 
ranjitjadhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Thanks!
What FE do you get in city?
I get ~14-15kmpl in city drive and ~18-20kmpl on highways. I mostly have a sedate driving style.
ranjitjadhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 20:09   #2173
BHPian
 
Ramon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 210
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

I think as per the latest tweak to the FAME rules, the Ciaz (even with the SHVS System) does not qualify as a Hybrid.

So I don't think there is any issue with it continuing with the SHVS as since it does not qualify as a Hybrid it won't attract the GST rates for a Hybrid.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 21:38   #2174
BHPian
 
vinu_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 261
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Will be deciding in the 3rd week of July and taking delivery in Bengaluru. Is the price right ?

11.0L - Alpha OTR
10.64L - Zeta OTR
9.9L - Delta OTR

Dealer has it in stock. Includes exchange bonus(not the car itself), corporate discount, insurance and basic accessories. Excludes extended warranty and loyalty card.
vinu_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 15:11   #2175
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 559
Thanked: 279 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Post GST, expect a bump in price - about a Lakh more !!

Both Ciaz and Ertiga would be affected. Definitely would cause a dent in monthly sales figures.


Source :
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/gst-impac...t-more-1717484
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 214 26th November 2017 00:15
Maruti Suzuki recalls 3796 units of Ciaz to fix faulty clutch Aditya The Indian Car Scene 18 4th December 2014 19:00
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1501 6th October 2014 13:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks