Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th December 2014, 21:43   #556
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

I took the TD yesterday and found the car to be very well sorted in almost all departments of refinement, features, suspension and power delivery. Just one doubt, in the ZDi I tested here had considerable tyre noise creeping into the cabin, even while cruising at 60 Kmph. I know it was not as bad as Honda City but was disturbing enough in an otherwise silent cabin. Now since the TD vehicle was quite driven already, wanted to confirm whether it was just a problem in the demo vehicle or is it "normal" in Ciaz
abhi_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 04:25   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

In the ZXi version when you switch the car off via the start stop button the doors do not automatically unlock. Also the exterior mirrors do not fold when the car is locked or lock button is pressed On the lock button of the remote.
Is there anyway of fixing these issues?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 04:43   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
In the ZXi version when you switch the car off via the start stop button the doors do not automatically unlock. Also the exterior mirrors do not fold when the car is locked or lock button is pressed On the lock button of the remote.
Is there anyway of fixing these issues?
There is a setting that can be adjusted via the driver information display to enable the doors to unlock automatically when the engine is switched off. The default setting is such that the doors will lock when the speed reaches 15kmph but the unlock feature is disabled. I have enabled it on my ZDi and it works. There are many other settings too that can be customized via the display like security system, footwell lighting, siren etc. Regarding the mirrors, no, they do not auto fold when the car is locked. Moreover to fold the mirrors using the button on the power window console, at least the ACC mode should be on.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 15:16   #559

Thanks to Team-bhp for all the reviews and comments in this section. Just booked a white AT zxi Ciaz today. Have been promised delivery by 2nd week Jan here in Mumbai. Lets see when it comes.

Btw, are there any accessories / aftermarket parts available for the car yet ? I have only seen floormats uptil now.
Lancer_vkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 16:13   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer_vkz View Post
Thanks to Team-bhp for all the reviews and comments in this section. Just booked a white AT zxi Ciaz today. Have been promised delivery by 2nd week Jan here in Mumbai. Lets see when it comes.

Btw, are there any accessories / aftermarket parts available for the car yet ? I have only seen floormats uptil now.
Hearty congratulations!

SOURCE 1:
http://www.marutimga.com/Mgabrochures.aspx

SOURCE 2:
https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...Font_06_09.pdf

Source 1 is the link to MGA website whereas the Source 2 takes you directly to the list of accessories for the Ciaz.

All the best! Happy Shopping.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 23:15   #561
BHPian

Guys, I'm getting a mileage of 29 kmpl for my ciaz zdi !! The onboard computer showed 28.2 which I assumed to be an exagerrated readout. so I checked by the full tank to full tank method...and there you go,BINGO! 3 cheers to the technical team behind this.The car was driven at a sedate pace of 60 to 90 kmph with the tacho not exceeding 3200 rpm for a distance of 100kms.
Passiondrive is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 00:29   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post
Guys, I'm getting a mileage of 29 kmpl for my ciaz zdi !! The onboard computer showed 28.2 which I assumed to be an exagerrated readout. so I checked by the full tank to full tank method...and there you go, BINGO! 3 cheers to the technical team behind this.
That's great mileage for Ciaz which is a plus point in its cap. Hope we get to see more Ciaz on the road.

So whatever tuning that the engineers @ Maruti Suzuki did with that 90PS engine has worked good.

Between the MID and real-time data there would be a difference of 0.5-1 kmpl.
So keep checking full tank basis FE regularly to keep a track on the MID vs Real time difference before you come to any conclusion.

Overall how does the engine feel?

Quote:
The car was driven at a sedate pace of 60 to 90 kmph with the tacho not exceeding 3200 rpm for a distance of 100kms.
3200RPM corresponds to 125 - 130 kmph which I feel is high as your car would be in the run-in period.

Do keep varying the speeds during run-in period and for highway cruising, 80-100 kmph is the best for the driver safety point of view as well as FE.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th December 2014 at 00:31.
Old 30th December 2014, 00:51   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I'm getting a mileage of 29 kmpl for my ciaz zdi !! The onboard computer showed 28.2 which I assumed to be an exagerrated readout. so I checked by the full tank to full tank method...and there you go,BINGO! 3 cheers to the technical team behind this.The car was driven at a sedate pace of 60 to 90 kmph with the tacho not exceeding 3200 rpm for a distance of 100kms.
3200 rpm and at a speed of 60 to 90 kmph. Did you drive in 3rd or 4th gear all along the highway. Sorry I didn't get it. Can you explain?
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 00:59   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

3200 rpm and at a speed of 60 to 90 kmph. Did you drive in 3rd or 4th gear all along the highway. Sorry I didn't get it. Can you explain?
3200 RPM @ 3rd or 4th gear won't yield 29kmpl sir!

He could be meaning that the maximum RPM he drove the car was 3200 but mostly it was cruising between 60-90 kmph.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th December 2014 at 01:01.
Old 30th December 2014, 10:14   #565
Senior - BHPian

+ 1 to Anurag.
What Passion drive meant was that the driving speed hovered between the "Eco" band of 60-90 kmph with intermittent speeds of 130-135 kmph(corresponding to 3200 rpm).

Nevertheless, 29 kmpl is super average!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 19:17   #566
BHPian

I inquired about the Ciaz with my local dealer and he confirmed that there is no Auto Box available in the Ciaz. Is he correct? I do see some people who have mentioned they have booked the AT and I was hoping that is acronym for Automatic. Please confirm!
av8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 19:22   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
I inquired about the Ciaz with my local dealer and he confirmed that there is no Auto Box available in the Ciaz. Is he correct?
Show him the Website of Ciaz and educate him on the variants cuurently on sale.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 22:06   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Dear Rki2007, we can reach or exceed 3200 rpm in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear depending upon varying traffic conditions,especially when you need to shoot through the gaps ie when I'm driving sedately!! Ciaz zdi does 100 kmph at 2200 rpm in 5th. I hope you get the picture now
Passiondrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 22:44   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That's great mileage for Ciaz which is a plus point in its cap. Hope we get to see more Ciaz on the road.

So whatever tuning that the engineers @ Maruti Suzuki did with that 90PS engine has worked good.

Between the MID and real-time data there would be a difference of 0.5-1 kmpl.
So keep checking full tank basis FE regularly to keep a track on the MID vs Real time difference before you come to any conclusion.

Overall how does the engine feel?
Thank you sir for interpreting my post perfectly.
Regarding the running in, I'm trying something different this time.I never exceeded 2200 rpm for the first 1000 kms in whichever gear.Then I got an oil change done by MAS.
I didn't exceed 2200 again till 2000 kms. Afterwards I have started to take it till 3600rpm on occasional bursts and planning the same till I have covered 5000kms where I will perform the next oil change.Then touch 4000rpm on occasional bursts till 10000 . I have done 3000 kms as of now.
I used a Manza quadrajet for 4 years before I bought this car. So I'm quite familiar with this engine and have explored all its capabilities.
In the Manza, one can experience the push, the moment you touch 2000 rpm wherein the Ciaz the power delivery is more linear and there is no push.
I used to get 15 kmpl in city and 18 to 20kmpl for long drives in Manza.
In Ciaz the DDIS feels refined till 3200 rpm and a little rough beyond. Clutch is light and sensitive.Power delivery is good.One can have good fun with the car if you know when to shift the gears IMHO.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st December 2014 at 00:15. Reason: Fixing quotes
Passiondrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 23:11   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
I inquired about the Ciaz with my local dealer and he confirmed that there is no Auto Box available in the Ciaz. Is he correct? I do see some people who have mentioned they have booked the AT and I was hoping that is acronym for Automatic. Please confirm!
Ask the dealer to close the business and sit at home. What a shame! Everything is available on Maruti Suzuki's website.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote