Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 22:25   #1126
BHPian
 
sou_3749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Do Ciaz owners have issues with the smatplay infotainment. Today I found something weird. With just the battery on I tried playing music and there is no response. Can't change volume . it was dead silence. Finally switched the car off completely. Switched it on and then the infotainment. Voila.. It worked.. Also I find overlap of the rear camera signs on the music screen for couple of seconds whenever I reverse.
Bang on! Though I am not a ciaz owner, but I faced almost the same issues with my s-cross. Mostly these are software issues or hardware lags, but I got mine changed as there was some volume inconsistency issues. The owners must raise these concerns with maruti and force them to take some concrete action.

Believe it or not the smartplay infotainment system has a print price of whooping 74000 and list price of 64000. I got it changed under warranty, but imagine what would happen after 1 year when the warranty will be over.
sou_3749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 22:44   #1127
BHPian
 
funnyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 266
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Bang on! Though I am not a ciaz owner, but I faced almost the same issues with my s-cross. Mostly these are software issues or hardware lags, but I got mine changed as there was some volume inconsistency issues. The owners must raise these concerns with maruti and force them to take some concrete action.

Believe it or not the smartplay infotainment system has a print price of whooping 74000 and list price of 64000. I got it changed under warranty, but imagine what would happen after 1 year when the warranty will be over.
Great. My first service is due this Saturday. Going to take this issue up. How did you convince MASS to change it. Also this is a BOSCH make right. Don't see any firmware that we can upgrade etc.
funnyguru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 23:02   #1128
BHPian
 
sou_3749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Great. My first service is due this Saturday. Going to take this issue up. How did you convince MASS to change it. Also this is a BOSCH make right. Don't see any firmware that we can upgrade etc.
The issues were recorded by the service advisers on multiple occasions(audio/video evidence). This forced them to call bosch engineers. The issues were replicated in presence of bosch and maruti engineers. As it's a so called premium car, they concluded to replace the whole system and sent the faulty piece to R&D department.

Unless the issues are hardware defects, they won't push for a replacement. But it's one of the costliest component of the car, try your best to convince them if you are not happy.
sou_3749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 21:12   #1129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 186
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
My booking was done on 27th Sep - would be taking delivery during Navratra's. (Gurgaon - no waiting )

Like you, I do stick on to my cars - I sell off my cars only after crossing 1Lakh kms ! But exchanging my present SX4 with Ciaz is an exception ...Swift 2006 is still going strong after 1,64,000 kms !!
Congratulations !!!

Can you share which dealer did you book your car with and what price did you get for your SX4 under exchange? I checked with my dealer and am told there is no exchange program or layality bonus available for Ciaz SHVS.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 21:47   #1130
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 465
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Congratulations !!!

Can you share which dealer did you book your car with and what price did you get for your SX4 under exchange? I checked with my dealer and am told there is no exchange program or layality bonus available for Ciaz SHVS.
I have send you the sales rep phone number via PM, i'll be going to dealer tomorrow for loan formalities, let me know if you want to inquire something specific ..
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 07:25   #1131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 186
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks Puneet

Can you PM me your contact details too.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 23:31   #1132
BHPian
 
Abhiram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Has anyone got their maps updated? Do we have fixed number of free updates?
Abhiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 20:02   #1133
BHPian
 
outdoorlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Anyone here who has bought a Ciaz automatic? Would like to hear on the driving experience of how the 4speed auto tranny behaves.
outdoorlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 20:12   #1134
BHPian
 
funnyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 266
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Great. My first service is due this Saturday. Going to take this issue up. How did you convince MASS to change it. Also this is a BOSCH make right. Don't see any firmware that we can upgrade etc.
Interesting.. My ciaz went for the first service and I had mentioned about the lag and non responsiveness of the smart play system. The technician today mentioned it has to get a software update which needs to be pushed. Said the manager was off today . Asked me to visit anytime this week to get the update. Now the question is. Does MASS inform about software updates only during service and not through any other channel. ? Please throw some light here team.
funnyguru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 12:52   #1135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Anyone here who has bought a Ciaz automatic? Would like to hear on the driving experience of how the 4speed auto tranny behaves.
Outdoorlover - If I remember right, rockporiom had recently bought the Ciaz automatic. You could contact/PM him for feedback.
OwnersPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 21:39   #1136
BHPian
 
itzvicky201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KA03
Posts: 82
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Have shortlisting Ciaz - ZXI as a second choice to my already pre-booked Jazz VX MT. I had a meeting with an SA from Suraksha Car Care - Bangalore to work out on the discounts and deal. Here is the offering:

On Road - 1075729
Cash Discount - 10,000 - (Corporate Discount Offer)
Bundled Accessories - 10,500 for the following (Total worth : 19680)

1. Door Moulding with Painting - Rs 3250
2. Door Still guard with Illumination - Rs 3750
3. Body Cover - Rs 1290
4. Bumper Protector - Rs 12090
5. 3M anti rust coating - Rs 4000
6. Teflon coating - Rs 3500
7. Chrome lining on tail lamps - Rs 1250
8. Chrome lining on Window belt line - Rs 1790

Is it worth to go for a deal? Frankly, I would think it is worth to wait till Dec for the year end stock sale. Any comments?
itzvicky201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 01:15   #1137
BHPian
 
anmolbedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 58
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Have shortlisting Ciaz - ZXI as a second choice to my already pre-booked Jazz VX MT. I had a meeting with an SA from Suraksha Car Care - Bangalore to work out on the discounts and deal. Here is the offering:

On Road - 1075729
Cash Discount - 10,000 - (Corporate Discount Offer)
Bundled Accessories - 10,500 for the following (Total worth : 19680)

1. Door Moulding with Painting - Rs 3250
2. Door Still guard with Illumination - Rs 3750
3. Body Cover - Rs 1290
4. Bumper Protector - Rs 12090
5. 3M anti rust coating - Rs 4000
6. Teflon coating - Rs 3500
7. Chrome lining on tail lamps - Rs 1250
8. Chrome lining on Window belt line - Rs 1790

Is it worth to go for a deal? Frankly, I would think it is worth to wait till Dec for the year end stock sale. Any comments?
There is additional 25k exchange bonus in case you exchange your existing car. Zxi is totally worth. Recommended.
anmolbedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 06:15   #1138
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,381
Thanked: 9,854 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Here is the offering:
That's a good deal but get Teflon Coating off that list. Go through threads here on Team-BHP for knowing why!
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 17:07   #1139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 356 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Today I went to pick up my colleague’s pre-facelifted Ciaz ZDI+ today. Through his car buying experience, I’ve also had the opportunity to explore the Ciaz in detail (except drive it) and it really is a well done car, pleasing to look at and subtle as well. It might not turn heads like the City, or give you a powerful ride like the Verna/Vento but it will get the job done and that is exactly what he wanted (a large easy comfortable people mover).
Thanks to all the BHpians and your comments. The dealer had initially offered a discount of 40 thousand rupees but thanks to your comments, we haggled really hard and got a 90K discount with a few goodies thrown in like car cover, mats etc.
I checked the VIN and the car is a May 2015 manufacture but it rides well. Is there something we need to be careful about? Battery? Or anything else?
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by nivatakavacha : 7th October 2015 at 17:08. Reason: grammar
nivatakavacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 00:36   #1140
BHPian
 
anmolbedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 58
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Today I went to pick up my colleague’s pre-facelifted Ciaz
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
This is manufactured prior to hybrid roll out. Check the tyre wearing out and ODO reading. Do check for scratches inside the cabin.
anmolbedi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 148 15th November 2016 18:46
Maruti Suzuki recalls 3796 units of Ciaz to fix faulty clutch Aditya The Indian Car Scene 18 4th December 2014 19:00
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1501 6th October 2014 13:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks