Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 23:34   #1291
BHPian
 
rdhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: HYDERABAD
Posts: 51
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

It has been confirmed today by My RM that the 2016 Ciaz production has started , it will not be sold through Nexa & no updates. Information regarding dispatches will be forthcoming. He sounded very confident about the above even after being told about My Baleno Alpha Petrol booking delivery due @23rd Jan which I have not yet cancelled. I will be doing so as soon as I receive confirmation on the delivery date of the Ciaz Zxi+. Hope to get My ride in the next 10 to15 days.
rdhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 16:46   #1292
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 37
Thanked: 121 Times
Thumbs up Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Saw the latest ad on Ciaz. It comes with Apple car play. Can existing customers ask for upgrades. Anyone done that before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkamit View Post
I was planning to buy the ciaz diesel. Anyone has any idea when the facelift version is coming. I heard that there is one planned in february. Also wanted to confirm, if Apple Carplay is available in the current Ciaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Just saw a newspaper ad a few days back which did mention Apple CarPlay under the infotainment screen image. No idea about the facelift though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
Would you have any information on the updates to the Ciaz.
Will they be cosmetic or major?
Apple has officially declared the list of cars that already have or will soon get Apple Car Play System here.
I could spot a 2016 Ciaz in there (and a 2016 Polo too)!

Also, do read the Disclaimer given in fine print at the end of the page:
Quote:
*CarPlay support is either standard or available as an option on 2016 and later models. Some models may not be available in all areas. CarPlay support is subject to change. See your dealer for details.
So I guess an updated version of Ciaz with Apple CarPlay will definitely come in 2016. Hope it comes some time around Auto Expo and not Diwali
Open the 1st image below in a new tab and zoom it to see the entire list.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screenshotwww-apple-com.png  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screenshotwww-apple-com2.png  


Last edited by HolyDriver : 12th January 2016 at 16:48. Reason: Zoom image
HolyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 17:20   #1293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cochin
Posts: 131
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
My cousin booked a Ciaz ZXi+ (Glistening Gray) last week in Kochi. Total price including illuminated sills, Vinyl flooring, mats and fabric seat covers is 10.95 Lakhs OTR (Standard OTR for ZXi+ is 10.80Lakhs).
Further he was able to get the below discounts
Loyalty - 30k
Exchange for his old Esteem (14.5 years old) 45k
NCB Discount carried forward from old car 9k

Total 10.11 Lakhs OTR.

The car is in transit and should arrive tomorrow or on the 31st.

The Showroom guys willingly agreed to the PDI and assured him that he can check everything out to his satisfaction.

Delivery has been scheduled for 11th January (Auspicious date).
The car was delivered on time with a few minor changes though.
The dealership guys said that the illuminated door sill were causing issues on cars installed earlier, hence non illuminated ones were fitted (price discounted accordingly). They have offered him the option of replacing the 185/65 R15 spare with another 195/55 R16 with Alloy.
Additionally gave Vinyl flooring (black) on the house.

They mentioned that the Maps will be updated for free for 4 years, beyond which you have to pay (amount not know as of now).

I have one query on the Smartplay system.
I connected my Sony Z series phone via a USB cable and was able to activate the MirrorLink system but that is only functional when the car engine is switched off.
This seems to be rather stupid since the MirrorLink system is meant to allow you to control the phone from the HU.
Am I missing some setting here or is this how the system is setup, in which case it is useless IMHO.
Love the touchscreen's response though.

Will post pics later today.
nmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 17:42   #1294
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 156
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
The dealership guys said that the illuminated door sill were causing issues on cars installed earlier, hence non illuminated ones were fitted (price discounted accordingly).
What is the issue it is causing? I have it installed in my zdi haven't faced any issue till now. Not sure if I need to be worried :(
sathya_g_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 18:05   #1295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cochin
Posts: 131
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
What is the issue it is causing? I have it installed in my zdi haven't faced any issue till now. Not sure if I need to be worried :(
What my cousin gathered is that many people faced issues with them not illuminating properly or staying illuminated even when the doors were shut.
This appears to have happened recently.

Sorry but couldn't gather any additional details, they refused to elaborate.
nmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 18:08   #1296
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cochin
Posts: 131
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
The car was delivered on time with a few minor changes though.
The dealership guys said that the illuminated door sill were causing issues on cars installed earlier, hence non illuminated ones were fitted (price discounted accordingly). They have offered him the option of replacing the 185/65 R15 spare with another 195/55 R16 with Alloy.
Additionally gave Vinyl flooring (black) on the house.
Missed out on one point.
The tyres fitted as OE are Goodyear Assurance.

What is the general opinion on these?
nmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 19:45   #1297
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 141
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Missed out on one point.
The tyres fitted as OE are Goodyear Assurance.

What is the general opinion on these?
Goodyear assurance is an OEM tyre on many cars and has decent performance.
My ford ecosport came with these tyres and i am pretty happy with them.
nik hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 00:39   #1298
BHPian
 
Midas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore, KL10
Posts: 82
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Missed out on one point.
The tyres fitted as OE are Goodyear Assurance.
It looks like all ZXi+/ZDi+ comes with Goodyear and ZXi/ZDi comes with MRF. At the time of inspection at stockyard, I wanted to check possibility of swapping MRF tires of my car with Goodyear tires from some other ZXi/ZDi. I checked many cars in the stockyard an realized that all ZXi+ have Goodyear and all ZXi have MRF. Anyone else came across different set of tires contradicting this observation?


I'm facing an issue with push-start-button and audio system combo (Probably it's by design). In Bangalore, 90/120/180s red signals are quite common. So, we have to switch off ignition at most of the signals. Whenever I switch off engine at these signals, ignition mode changes from ON to LOCK directly. This results in audio player also to stop. After pressing button again to ACC mode, it takes around 15 seconds for the audio playback to start. It's quite annoying. As per the diagram given in Manual, there should be a way to change from ON to ACC mode. How can I do that?
Midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 00:58   #1299
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 48 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Apple has officially declared the list of cars that already have or will soon get Apple Car Play System here.
I could spot a 2016 Ciaz in there (and a 2016 Polo too)!

Also, do read the Disclaimer given in fine print at the end of the page:


So I guess an updated version of Ciaz with Apple CarPlay will definitely come in 2016. Hope it comes some time around Auto Expo and not Diwali
Open the 1st image below in a new tab and zoom it to see the entire list.

The Zdi+ version has Carplay. Even the Zdi+ version of Ertiga has carplay
fuzail is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 14:06   #1300
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cochin
Posts: 131
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
...
I'm facing an issue with push-start-button and audio system combo (Probably it's by design). In Bangalore, 90/120/180s red signals are quite common. So, we have to switch off ignition at most of the signals. Whenever I switch off engine at these signals, ignition mode changes from ON to LOCK directly. This results in audio player also to stop. After pressing button again to ACC mode, it takes around 15 seconds for the audio playback to start. It's quite annoying. As per the diagram given in Manual, there should be a way to change from ON to ACC mode. How can I do that?
We faced the same issue, which is indeed annoying.
Has anyone been able to find a work around for this?
One more question, how do you get video playback on the unit? Is it possible only via USB?
I haven't been able to experiment with it, may try on the weekend when the car is free.
nmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 16:48   #1301
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
. Whenever I switch off engine at these signals, ignition mode changes from ON to LOCK directly. This results in audio player also to stop. :
That's by design buddy. In my fiesta, pressing the button turns off the engine but music system keeps playing. It gets off when any of the door is opened.
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 18:40   #1302
BHPian
 
Midas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore, KL10
Posts: 82
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
That's by design buddy. In my fiesta, pressing the button turns off the engine but music system keeps playing. It gets off when any of the door is opened.
I also thought it's by design. But after seeing the following diagram in owner's manual, it looks like it's possible to change from ON to ACC. But couldn't figure out by reading the manual. Probably the top line denotes when the engine is on and the bottom line denotes when the engine is OFF.
Anyway, it's a bad design. Apart from this, push-button-start is a very convenient feature.
Attached Images
 
Midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 17:45   #1303
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 464
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
I also thought it's by design. But after seeing the following diagram in owner's manual, it looks like it's possible to change from ON to ACC. But couldn't figure out by reading the manual. Probably the top line denotes when the engine is on and the bottom line denotes when the engine is OFF.
Anyway, it's a bad design. Apart from this, push-button-start is a very convenient feature.
Off topic, in this case my SHVS comes in handy. Put it in neutral at red light, and engine turns OFF - power windows + Audio continues to function without interruption. Default timings for turned OFF engine is 180 seconds - pretty convenient and slick
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 18:52   #1304
BHPian
 
Midas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore, KL10
Posts: 82
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
That's by design buddy. In my fiesta, pressing the button turns off the engine but music system keeps playing. It gets off when any of the door is opened.
That's great. How about other cars with push button start: elite i20, Verna, Baleno etc?

Do you think it will be possible to change this behaviour in Ciaz in any way?
Midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 21:30   #1305
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
That's great. How about other cars with push button start: elite i20, Verna, Baleno etc?

Do you think it will be possible to change this behaviour in Ciaz in any way?
I don't know about other cars buddy. And I don't think such a setting would be configurable by user.
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 148 15th November 2016 18:46
Maruti Suzuki recalls 3796 units of Ciaz to fix faulty clutch Aditya The Indian Car Scene 18 4th December 2014 19:00
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1501 6th October 2014 13:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks