Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 14th September 2017, 19:52   #226

Default Re: 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
I have the 1.6 TDI, 2014 MY and headlamps are no good for highways, just about adequate for city.

I upgraded to HID, put the Genome HID Kit, from Skoda Dealer/Service, to maintain the warranty, but, not happy with the result.
If you get it fitted outside of dealership, they will not honour the warranty in case of issues,
Actually, I got them removed and put a pair of Philips xtreme vision+130, these are much better than stock bulbs, but, have not driven on highway after the change,

I feel, 100/90w bulbs give the best result on highways, but, will void warranty. I had these in my old car and sorely miss the illumination offered by these bulbs.
I will wait for the warranty period to expire, and then opt for this,, I had purchased extended warranty and have a long wait ahead to change

Anything over stock wattage rating will void warranty. If you are going for 100/90w, You would have to fit in the relay kit, though there is no cutting of wires involved.

Hello Hemanth,

I wanted to upgrade the headlight performance on my 2016 TDI LE. The car has the factory fitted projectors, I wanted to upgrade to a Blue-White set up. From your update, if I manage to get the Skoda guys to swap the set up the warranty will not stand void?

Thanks
Ashwin
ashwinmanuk is offline   Reply With Quote