Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 22:54   #436
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,731
Thanked: 1,937 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
So, should we follow this advice or go with the 10K kms service advised?
The service center will always "recommend" whats good for them
Very true. The more services you do, the merrier for the service center. I just did my 10K service and used mineral oil. I plan to use synthetic oil for my 20K service and stick to 15K service intervals. This approximately coincides with my service indicator.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 16:46   #437
Tgo
BHPian
 
Tgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pata(l)-Jaipur
Posts: 295
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Guys, I just wanted to share that I drove a Polo today and felt like a caged bird in it. My left leg was sandwiched between the center console and the steering even at the steering's top most and the seat's lowest position I could feel the restriction in movement while operating the clutch.

Happy to have put my money on the Duster.
Tgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 11:56   #438
BHPian
 
artrocious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 13 Times
Exclamation Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Duster AWD owners please help me decide between New RXL 110 Explore VS Used (4month old, 6.5K odo) RXZ AWD

I need an opinion from you.

Here is the story:
I have booked an RXL 110 Explore Edition that comes with Cruise control, single airbag, ABS, Alloys, Black/Orange interiors, regular ICE, etc. for 13.5L on road due for delivery in a week (yet to be allotted), however I have a friend offerring me his AWD that is just 5 months old with 6.5K on the odo for just 12.6L.
I am broken to decide between the two about which I should take and the decision needs to be made by tomorrow.
My usage is 70% city, 30% occassional highway but I hope to do some off-roading too if I buy the AWD but not a deal breaker. I have never done off-roading before.

The AWD seems tempting not for the AWD but because of the ESP, dual airbag, reverse sensors, touch ICE, Hill hold, etc, comes a lakh cheaper than the RXL I planned to buy, plus 80K worth of accessories the current owner has fitted but I am worried about parts availability (it has unique parts?), cost of parts/maintenance and especially the fact that it can't be towed with a rope.

Please share your opinion and help me decide!
artrocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 14:26   #439
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 544
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Guys, just returned from another long road trip across Karnataka, Andhra, Telangana and Maharashtra. Total of 2700 kms driven in a week with multiple stopovers. Avg FE was in the range of 16. The lowest was 14.7 between Hyderabad to Bangalore which was a bit surprising but the Avg speed there was higher due to excellent NH7.

As always, the Duster was outstanding and kept the entire family (including my elderly parents) comfortable. No niggles faced during the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Duster AWD owners please help me decide between New RXL 110 Explore VS Used (4month old, 6.5K odo) RXZ AWD

I need an opinion from you.

Here is the story:
I have booked an RXL 110 Explore Edition that comes with Cruise control, single airbag, ABS, Alloys, Black/Orange interiors, regular ICE, etc. for 13.5L on road due for delivery in a week (yet to be allotted), however I have a friend offerring me his AWD that is just 5 months old with 6.5K on the odo for just 12.6L.
I am broken to decide between the two about which I should take and the decision needs to be made by tomorrow.
My usage is 70% city, 30% occassional highway but I hope to do some off-roading too if I buy the AWD but not a deal breaker. I have never done off-roading before.

The AWD seems tempting not for the AWD but because of the ESP, dual airbag, reverse sensors, touch ICE, Hill hold, etc, comes a lakh cheaper than the RXL I planned to buy, plus 80K worth of accessories the current owner has fitted but I am worried about parts availability (it has unique parts?), cost of parts/maintenance and especially the fact that it can't be towed with a rope.

Please share your opinion and help me decide!
Go for the AWD if you know the current owner and ODO is reliable.
6.5k is as good as new and its a steal at that price. Parts should not be an issue as long as Renault keeps its shop open in India.

Last edited by C300 : 17th November 2015 at 14:28. Reason: Formatting
C300 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 14:56   #440
BHPian
 
artrocious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Go for the AWD if you know the current owner and ODO is reliable.
6.5k is as good as new and its a steal at that price. Parts should not be an issue as long as Renault keeps its shop open in India.
I agree. The AWD makes complete sense to me and me+wifey are inclined towards it.

How will the resale value be affected in this scenario if I am planning to sell either vehicle in 5 years?
Explore RXL 110 13.5L -> 9L (yes?) as a first owner
AWD 12.6L -> 10L as a second owner
Are these numbers real? or will I get a better deal for the AWD? Am I missing anything?
artrocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 00:07   #441
BHPian
 
::CMS::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 556
Thanked: 427 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Please share your opinion
AWD, No doubt about that
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 13:18   #442
BHPian
 
artrocious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Update: So I did take the AWD!
Thanks for your inputs.
My loan process is almost over and I am hyper excited. Sadly next couple of days is a weekend and I can't transfer the money to the first owner. SO, I need to wait till Monday. An agonizing wait!
artrocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 13:52   #443
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 544
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Update: So I did take the AWD!
Thanks for your inputs.
My loan process is almost over and I am hyper excited. Sadly next couple of days is a weekend and I can't transfer the money to the first owner. SO, I need to wait till Monday. An agonizing wait!
Many congratulations. Don't forget to post some snaps of your Dusty
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 14:00   #444
BHPian
 
Equus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 857
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Update: So I did take the AWD!
Thanks for your inputs.
My loan process is almost over and I am hyper excited. Sadly next couple of days is a weekend and I can't transfer the money to the first owner. SO, I need to wait till Monday. An agonizing wait!
Good choice! Actually, I too fell for the AWD for the ESP and the all-wheel independent suspension and not really for the 4WD!!
Wish you many thrilling miles!!
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 14:42   #445
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

I happened to notice advertisements for a Duster-pick up (Duster Oroch). The advertsiement was appearing on TOI's e-paper portal. I am not sure if this has been discussed in this thread earlier - just wanted to share with all.
Attached Images
  
krish11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 09:33   #446
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Team,
After buying the Oneplus 2 mobile, my phone book is not connecting with Media NAV. I can dial numbers from the media nav system but greys out the calling lists and phone book. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
sethu.murali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 10:07   #447
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 392
Thanked: 134 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Team,
After buying the Oneplus 2 mobile, my phone book is not connecting with Media NAV. I can dial numbers from the media nav system but greys out the calling lists and phone book. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Have you synced the new phone, though?
I mean, do you see the signal-strength & battery icons on your Media-Nav screen?

Try forgetting the device (through the bluetooth list on Media Nav) & pairing it again.

Oh, and make sure to turn "discoverable" to ON (in bluetooth on phone), while trying to pair.

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 14:52   #448
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Have you synced the new phone, though?
I mean, do you see the signal-strength & battery icons on your Media-Nav screen?

Try forgetting the device (through the bluetooth list on Media Nav) & pairing it again.

Oh, and make sure to turn "discoverable" to ON (in bluetooth on phone), while trying to pair.

Ace.
Yes, I do see the device in my Media NAV, can receive calls, can dial numbers, play music but the phone book won't connect

Tried unpairing / pairing many times and the situation is the same. Earlier had a samsung note 2 and it connected like a charm.

Regards,
sethu.murali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 17:52   #449
BHPian
 
DriveTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 131
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Yes, I do see the device in my Media NAV, can receive calls, can dial numbers, play music but the phone book won't connect

Tried unpairing / pairing many times and the situation is the same. Earlier had a samsung note 2 and it connected like a charm.

Regards,
Please also check that your MediaNav is updated to latest firmware version , the latest one is probably V 4.0.5 Worth a try anyway
DriveTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 10:40   #450
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Yes, I do see the device in my Media NAV, can receive calls, can dial numbers, play music but the phone book won't connect

Tried unpairing / pairing many times and the situation is the same. Earlier had a samsung note 2 and it connected like a charm.

Regards,
I have a oneplus2 as well, and I see similar complaints on their forums. This is most likely an issue with the phone, rather than the ICE on the Duster.
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 5509 8th December 2016 17:16
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15) sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 307 15th October 2014 13:52
Renault Duster AWD - Quick test report nikhilmadgavkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 13th October 2014 10:56
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report parrys The Indian Car Scene 758 21st July 2012 20:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks