Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 23:27   #586
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi
My AWD is 10k on the odo and I am planning to drive from my hometown Trivandrum to Leh this month. Can someone advice me on the service details to be done prior to this trip.
Thanks in advance
stormdRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 15:19   #587
BHPian
 
xjosephjacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kochi
Posts: 121
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Hi
the SA says he needs to change the fuel filter as well (which is ok with me) but he says that the AWD alone takes a special 5000 Rs. fuel filter instead of the usual 2000 Rs fuel filter that other variants use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Did you go with the special fuel filter artrocious? My AWD is 18k on ODO and will soon go for service.
That's another entry to the list of scam by all dealerships.

This "Special Filter" has neither been used nor recommended in our Duster AWD, whose odo stands at 50,000 km now.

As you may be aware, the Service Centers and the advisors have monthly revenue targets and most of them insist us to get the optional extras like AC disinfectant, Battery Terminal Cleaners et al just so that they can achieve their target. I've also had my share of bad experiences with Renault Service centers- Synthetic oils, AC Disinfectants, Battery terminal protectors- all without seeking my consent even.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 7th September 2016 at 15:25.
xjosephjacob is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 16:07   #588
BHPian
 
artrocious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 13 Times
Angry Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
That's another entry to the list of scam by all dealerships.
So, I have basically been bull-****ted . Is there a recourse so that I can bring the scam out, now that I have paid and taken delivery?
If it is a OE part shouldnt it be standard pricing/part number?

I am willing to go the extra mile to dig this scam out. Any suggesions?
artrocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 14:58   #589
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 29
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Hi KMAN,

I have the same issue with my Oneplus 2 mobile after its upgrade to Android 6.0.1. Renault has no clue and I am waiting for some resolution from Renault on this. The phone works like a charm with other cars (tried to pair with a 2013 Innova and works well). Now I just went in for a bluetooth car kit (Tantra Fluke) from Amazon which works very well in the 2 days of usage. Renault is in stone age when it comes to technology integration and very frustrating to see an investment of this high does not have the basic hands free connectivity. The funny part is that the Renault people do not even know the version of Bluetooth they run in their car to even work on alternatives.

Please share if you find a resolution.

Regards,
Sorry for the delayed response. Haven't been online in a while. Luckily for me, the problem solved itself after a software update on the phone. It now works way better than it did before.
KMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 15:49   #590
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 114
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

My Duster with 17,000 km on the odo and 11 months old, is facing issues with fuel gauge playing truant sometimes after filling up diesel, engine warning lights coming on occasionally and finally the exhaust gas sensor turning faulty and lighting up.
I have been spending my last two weekends in Renault Trivandrum workshop getting these rectified. I bought the vehicle to be on the highway, not visiting Renault ASS on weekends! The surprising thing is the lack of stock of spares (the emission sensor in this case), so it has to be brought from the central parts depot, where ever that is, and I quote RASS " Normally takes 2 weeks but on priority only FIVE days". Do other owners of Dusters face the problem of long delivery time of spares?

I am losing confidence in this vehicle for my usual long drives. I spent Sunday reading the owner's manual and trying to understand the problem with the engine warning lights. The manual says contact the dealer for all all troubles, and dealers and ASS are few and far in between.

I have long trip planned for the Dussera weekend with all hotel bookings, but will the AWD Duster be available by then? Keeping fingers crossed.
SajiNSalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 21:33   #591
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 12
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
I had an interesting experience with the onboard computer. I had washed the Duster AWD and a few days later was driving to Kottayam from Trivandrum. On this drive I felt the idling RPM was higher than usual and the engine was making louder running noise. The acceleration was not as responsive as usual, and I had to use the brake to reduce speed after easing off the accelerator. I stopped to check and on switching on the ignition, some of the engine warning lights remained on even after starting the engine. Checked the Duster manual which said the vehicle should not be driven in this condition. I called up Renault Trivandrum and they suggested to bring in the vehicle for a checkup. After some time I started the vehicle, and this time the warning lights went off. Decided to continue the journey and an hour later stopped for breakfast.
When I checked the accelerator pedal, I found the floor mat was placed over it. Immediately realised that that was the problem. The mat was preventing the accelerator pedal from coming up and so the RPM was close to 2000.

After placing the floor mat properly, the engine was back to its normal responsive and afterwards, the drive was as enjoyable as before.

Small oversights like this can give a lot of apprehension.

Saji
I have faced it couple of times. The first time I got it, I had all the Renault blame games going in my head. Stopped took a deep breadth and hola.. there was my footmat. It has happened quite a few times.
ahindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 21:24   #592
BHPian
 
saurabh sharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 54
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

I have mentioned this here or on some other Duster forum earlier too, anyone here facing there AWD rushing to the left? My 3 month old vehicle had this problem since delivery, the A.S.S on 1000km check up couldn't rectify the problem, on escalation to Renault the best they came up with is you have changed tyres to Continental. Carried on with the issue for a month, finally found a alignment specialist who did something which will probably void my suspension warranty if I disclose it to Renault
Anyone in Delhi - NCR is facing similar problem feel free to PM me, apparently very common issue in Duster front suspension as no scope of camber adjustment.
saurabh sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 23:10   #593
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
This is something most Alignment shops either show ignorance on or misguide customers, I have 2 cars with rear independent suspension(XUV and Laura), rarely any tyre shop I have been to does the rear alignment. Just one place in Gurgaon i know does it.
Hi anshuman, please let me know the name and area in which this shop is located as i need to get my car's alignment checked.
2511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 16:10   #594
BHPian
 
DriveTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 131
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Cleaning / Replacing the Cabin Air Filter as a DIY

The cabin air filter in the AWD is prone to dust build up and clogging. I am not sure whether it is the same with the 2WD models, but the AWD has a problem here. The filter is rated to last upto one full service cycle (10000 Km or one year) but normally needs to be cleaned or replaced around 5000 kms. The filter does not seem to be designed with the heat and dust of India in mind.


A choked cabin filter manifests itself on very long drives - with the AC on, when suddenly the AC reduces cooling power as the quantum of airflow from the vents reduces to a trickle. Increasing the fan speed has no effect. If you keep your fingers inside the vents you can feel icy cold but no significant airflow comes out. The tell-tale signs to this happening are few droplets of water falling on your left foot as you operate the clutch. The SA informed me that in these conditions ice builds up and chokes the lines. The remedy is simple – switch off the AC and allow the Ice to melt completely, takes about 10 – 15 mins under the hot Sun and upwards of 30 mins if it is after dusk. The AC will then be back to normal. This is almost impossible to replicate in the ASC as it takes upwards of 9 to 10 hrs of driving to reach this state. The long term solution off course is to either clean or replace the cabin air filter.


I have now faced this condition twice during long drives , and the ASC actually advised me to drive with the re-circulation mode on, to prolong the life of the filter.


Last time my cabin filter was replaced , I saw it being done and had a general idea. When the problem resurfaced last week (nearly 5000 kms from the last service mark) I was determined to do it myself. I called up the SA to reconfirm what I saw but was strongly dissuaded with the helpful suggestion that it is too difficult and cannot be done by a layman. This remark and the little fact that the ASC is in the other part of town - a good 2 hrs driving time away over bad roads helped me open it up and clean it myself.


Whoever designed the AWD made it purposefully difficult to get to the cabin air filter. Apologies for no photographs , you need to be a contortionist to get to the filter and there was no question of positioning a camera in there.


The filter is housed behind the centre console on the right side – which is just slightly left and above the clutch pedal in the driver footwell. The filter is housed in a box and covered by a thin elongated and rectangular plastic strip, which in turn is secured by 3 hex screws. The lowest of the three screws is pretty straightforward to access – all you need to do it to keep the door completely open and put your head down into the footwell. To open the 2nd screw you need to depress the clutch pedal fully with one hand , else the screwdriver cannot be held straight over the screw. The third and topmost screw is the trickiest bit. You need to stick your head completely inside the footwell and turn around on your back to be able to see the screw. Because of limited space - a very short and stubby screwdriver is required to open it up. The cover comes off once the 3 screws are undone and you can see the filter. Pull it out from the bottom by bending and folding it downwards. If you are cleaning and not replacing the filter, keep a note in which direction it is pointed as there are no obvious airflow marking on the filter body. To get the filter back in place you need to align it with the box from behind the steering assembly. Push the top in with the bottom sticking out. Once the top corner is in , push the bottom up like a piano accordion and manoeuvre it into the box. Once the filter is fully into the box , it will automatically snap back into perfect shape. Secure the cover back with the three screws and you are done. The designer did make a small concession , the plastic cover has elongated slots that slide over protruding screw mounts. So it does not fall off when re-positioned back and you can actually align and turn the screws a few turns by hand. That makes the job of closing it back a lot easier.


From now on , I intend to carry a replacement filter on my long drives.

Last edited by DriveTrain : 15th October 2016 at 16:12.
DriveTrain is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 10:24   #595
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Has any one faced this issue? Any insight or previous experience with this kind of issue will help.

I am unable to resolve the issue with the rear-view camera (showroom installed). It worked well for about 6 months. The camera is mounted on the rear bumper (in a hole drilled near center) and displayed on the rear-view mirror.

At the 2nd service the technician said a connector pin was out. But that does not seem to be the issue because the camera still does not function normally.

Here is what I observed over the past two months. The rear-view is not displayed when reversing from a cold start or during short runs - when the vehicle is cold. However, it works well when the vehicle has heated up - for example when it has been parked in the sun or after running for an hour.

I am hoping to avoid buying a new set (rear-view camera + mirror).
subuiyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 12:01   #596
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
Has any one faced this issue? Any insight or previous experience with this kind of issue will help.



I am unable to resolve the issue with the rear-view camera (showroom installed). It worked well for about 6 months. The camera is mounted on the rear bumper (in a hole drilled near center) and displayed on the rear-view mirror.



At the 2nd service the technician said a connector pin was out. But that does not seem to be the issue because the camera still does not function normally.



Here is what I observed over the past two months. The rear-view is not displayed when reversing from a cold start or during short runs - when the vehicle is cold. However, it works well when the vehicle has heated up - for example when it has been parked in the sun or after running for an hour.



I am hoping to avoid buying a new set (rear-view camera + mirror).

It's probably a loose connection , there is trigger line for the rear view display which is drawn from the reverse gear light , please get the wiring checked end to end .
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:25   #597
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 12
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Cleaning / Replacing the Cabin Air Filter as a DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
The cabin air filter in the AWD is prone to dust build up and clogging. I am not sure whether it is the same with the 2WD models, but the AWD has a problem here. The filter is rated to last upto one full service cycle (10000 Km or one year) but normally needs to be cleaned or replaced around 5000 kms. The filter does not seem to be designed with the heat and dust of India in mind.


A choked cabin filter manifests itself on very long drives - with the AC on, when suddenly the AC reduces cooling power as the quantum of airflow from the vents reduces to a trickle. Increasing the fan speed has no effect. If you keep your fingers inside the vents you can feel icy cold but no significant airflow comes out. The tell-tale signs to this happening are few droplets of water falling on your left foot as you operate the clutch. The SA informed me that in these conditions ice builds up and chokes the lines. The remedy is simple switch off the AC and allow the Ice to melt completely, takes about 10 15 mins under the hot Sun and upwards of 30 mins if it is after dusk. The AC will then be back to normal. This is almost impossible to replicate in the ASC as it takes upwards of 9 to 10 hrs of driving to reach this state. The long term solution off course is to either clean or replace the cabin air filter.


I have now faced this condition twice during long drives , and the ASC actually advised me to drive with the re-circulation mode on, to prolong the life of the filter.


Last time my cabin filter was replaced , I saw it being done and had a general idea. When the problem resurfaced last week (nearly 5000 kms from the last service mark) I was determined to do it myself. I called up the SA to reconfirm what I saw but was strongly dissuaded with the helpful suggestion that it is too difficult and cannot be done by a layman. This remark and the little fact that the ASC is in the other part of town - a good 2 hrs driving time away over bad roads helped me open it up and clean it myself.


Whoever designed the AWD made it purposefully difficult to get to the cabin air filter. Apologies for no photographs , you need to be a contortionist to get to the filter and there was no question of positioning a camera in there.


The filter is housed behind the centre console on the right side which is just slightly left and above the clutch pedal in the driver footwell. The filter is housed in a box and covered by a thin elongated and rectangular plastic strip, which in turn is secured by 3 hex screws. The lowest of the three screws is pretty straightforward to access all you need to do it to keep the door completely open and put your head down into the footwell. To open the 2nd screw you need to depress the clutch pedal fully with one hand , else the screwdriver cannot be held straight over the screw. The third and topmost screw is the trickiest bit. You need to stick your head completely inside the footwell and turn around on your back to be able to see the screw. Because of limited space - a very short and stubby screwdriver is required to open it up. The cover comes off once the 3 screws are undone and you can see the filter. Pull it out from the bottom by bending and folding it downwards. If you are cleaning and not replacing the filter, keep a note in which direction it is pointed as there are no obvious airflow marking on the filter body. To get the filter back in place you need to align it with the box from behind the steering assembly. Push the top in with the bottom sticking out. Once the top corner is in , push the bottom up like a piano accordion and manoeuvre it into the box. Once the filter is fully into the box , it will automatically snap back into perfect shape. Secure the cover back with the three screws and you are done. The designer did make a small concession , the plastic cover has elongated slots that slide over protruding screw mounts. So it does not fall off when re-positioned back and you can actually align and turn the screws a few turns by hand. That makes the job of closing it back a lot easier.


From now on , I intend to carry a replacement filter on my long drives.
There are a lot of issues with the AC. I have list of them

1. While purchasing the car the showroom adviced me not to exceed the fan regulator beyond 3, the reason was icing. I have following his advice since purchase.
2. I do agree the AC goes down quickly as you mentioned. I have a feeling that my AC knob (outside/inside) doesnt work and its always the outside air that comes in.
3. AC air flow direction is also screwed up. It downward flow in always on. During my 10k servicing I sited this and ASC advised me not to open up the entire dashboard as it would loosen up some parts. He tried doing some 'jugad' but that didnt help much. I am living with the problem.
4. As sited earlier, I have had water drain issue into the cabin and not outside. That has been fixed in 10K servicing.

My 2009 Alto has a better AC. I feel Indian designed cars always get their air conditioning right.
ahindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:31   #598
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 12
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
It's probably a loose connection , there is trigger line for the rear view display which is drawn from the reverse gear light , please get the wiring checked end to end .
It mostly happens after rains and at times, may be your right on the short drives.
ahindra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 12:58   #599
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 114
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

My GPS is permanently locked on to a particular location. It has not been working (red arrow shows the same location) for two weeks now. Did not get time to go to Renault service due to lack of time. In the last drive to Karnataka, the USB stopped working for a day, but reverted back to functioning mode. Now it works, but not the GPS.
Anybody faced the same problem?
SajiNSalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 20:17   #600
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 158
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Off-topic:

A video worth watching. Expect a few goosebumps. Is it someone from Team-bhp?



Source:Rushlane

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 24th October 2016 at 20:19.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 5507 7th December 2016 00:12
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15) sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 307 15th October 2014 13:52
Renault Duster AWD - Quick test report nikhilmadgavkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 13th October 2014 10:56
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report parrys The Indian Car Scene 758 21st July 2012 20:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks