Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:34   #691
BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 829
Thanked: 510 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Hello Everybody,

I am getting my Duster RXZ AWD Adventure edition Pearl White on 25th of this month.
Got it for a awesome onroad price of 14.86L. Its a 2016 Dec model But its as good as 2017 model as it was in the renault plant chennai all this time and got no worries feedback from my friend who works there in his PDC. I saw the vehicle yesterday when it landed in Bangalore inspected it and found everything more than OK.

But now there is one doubt I see the tyres are Apollo Apterra HL, which are nothing but a Highway and city Tyres. Why would I get a Highway Tyres for an AWD? Can anyone please let me know.
Wonderful deal if the car is indeed in good shape mechanically. Congrats and wish you unlimited safe and happy miles of Adventure.

As for the tyres, barring the Force Gurkha 2017, I dont think any other car on this side of 15 lakhs comes factory fitted with AT tyres. All are shod with HT - including the icon of off roading - Mahindra Thar.

So nothing surprising there. Unless you actually go into trails often, HT makes sense for normal use as there is a significant benefit in mileage compared to AT tyres.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 15:20   #692
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Great thanks for the reply. I am now relieved. Yes by the way the car is in pristine mechanical condition. I went for it as I had a friend who works in the Nissan-Renault plant and got enough assurance from him on the same.
girishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:42   #693
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Is there a difference in gearbox for 2WD 110ps and AWD 110ps?

Not able to get any info on the same and sales advisor is as usual clueless
girishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:17   #694
Tgo
BHPian
 
Tgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pata(l)-Jaipur
Posts: 336
Thanked: 255 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Is there a difference in gearbox for 2WD 110ps and AWD 110ps?

Not able to get any info on the same and sales advisor is as usual clueless
Yes, there is a huge difference in the gearboxes of the two variants. First three gears in the AWD are shorter i.e. you will have to shift earlier than in the 2WD gearbox.

This is done to provide greater tractive effort to the wheel in the AWD model. Upside is that you can start from stand still in 2nd gear with minimal/negligible accelerator input. This is also recommended in the manual. You cannot do the same in the 2WD model without revving the engine up and slipping the clutch.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:24   #695
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Yes, there is a huge difference in the gearboxes of the two variants. First three gears in the AWD are shorter i.e. you will have to shift earlier than in the 2WD gearbox.



This is done to provide greater tractive effort to the wheel in the AWD model. Upside is that you can start from stand still in 2nd gear with minimal/negligible accelerator input. This is also recommended in the manual. You cannot do the same in the 2WD model without revving the engine up and slipping the clutch.

Thanks that's good. I think that is the reason I didn't feel the turbo Lag in AWD as I felt in 2WD.
girishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 11:21   #696
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Hi Guys,

Finally got my Duster.

Really an awesome ride experience. 1500RPM, 6th Gear, 70KMPH just awesome

Attaching some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_0378.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_0379.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_0380.jpg  

girishar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 15:18   #697
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,889
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Is there a difference in gearbox for 2WD 110ps and AWD 110ps?
It is a completely different gear box. In addition to what Tgo has mentioned above regarding shorter gearing, the final drive ratio (Crown/Pinion ratio) is also shorter. The 6th gear/overdrive gear is taller than the 110 2WD so as not to affect highway cruisability.

Despite the taller 6th/OD gear, I think the rpm will be slightly higher at higher speeds compared to the 110 2WD.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 16:13   #698
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 601
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Hi Guys,

Finally got my Duster.

Really an awesome ride experience. 1500RPM, 6th Gear, 70KMPH just awesome

Attaching some pics.
Congratulations girishar. The adventure edition looks smashing. Get the c-pillar wrapped in Black Vinyl (similar to B pillars). That will complete the look
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 17:21   #699
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Congratulations girishar. The adventure edition looks smashing. Get the c-pillar wrapped in Black Vinyl (similar to B pillars). That will complete the look

Yes that's on the cards. Probably in a week.
girishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 18:45   #700
BHPian
 
T-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Congratulations buddy, I have her twin at home. Pearl white Adventure 4WD RXZ. I bought mine in Jan 2017 in Mumbai for a whopping 17.25 L on road. Considering it's a same car you got it for a steal. Be ready for a super highway cruiser. AWD's multilink suspension at the back is unmatched. There are a couple of duster owners' groups, to give and take knowledge purely and SOS assistance over WhatsApp or FB. Do let me know if you want to join in.
T-Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 11:05   #701
BHPian
 
hiran77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Hello there,

Does anyone here have a copy of the 60000 km service done on a duster AWD?

I would like to know the parts replaced on periodic maintanence and the total cost.

I plan to get mine serviced this monday. Mine is a 2014 end duster AWD.
hiran77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 14:07   #702
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 601
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiran77 View Post
Hello there,

Does anyone here have a copy of the 60000 km service done on a duster AWD?

I would like to know the parts replaced on periodic maintanence and the total cost.

I plan to get mine serviced this monday. Mine is a 2014 end duster AWD.
Not many people here with high ODO on AWD. On the previous page, fellow member JMKTM completed 70k service recently. You can reach out to him. Do share the outcome with the group here.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 15:42   #703
BHPian
 
hiran77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Duster 4WD 70000 KM service bill. Rs.5980/-

Pls note that wheel alignment, balancing was done elsewhere and hence not included in this bill

Can you please share 60000 kms service bill please. would like to know the parts replaced and total cost
hiran77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 05:46   #704
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 38
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Hi,
My 60k service bill already uploaded on Page 42 as #627.
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:51   #705
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Congratulations buddy, I have her twin at home. Pearl white Adventure 4WD RXZ. I bought mine in Jan 2017 in Mumbai for a whopping 17.25 L on road. Considering it's a same car you got it for a steal. Be ready for a super highway cruiser. AWD's multilink suspension at the back is unmatched. There are a couple of duster owners' groups, to give and take knowledge purely and SOS assistance over WhatsApp or FB. Do let me know if you want to join in.

Thank you and yes I want to join. Please loop me in the WhatsApp group.
girishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 5659 14th August 2017 06:43
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15) sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 307 15th October 2014 13:52
Renault Duster AWD - Quick test report nikhilmadgavkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 13th October 2014 10:56
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report parrys The Indian Car Scene 758 21st July 2012 20:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks