Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th October 2017, 20:51   #751
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
...I was looking at Duster AWD as my next car, but now I'm not sure if I'm making the correct choice.
As an AWD platform, the Duster is unique in the prevailing market. The Thar and Gurkha (if available) are cheaper but no match for Duster's practicality, drivability and comfort. The V-cross is a whale of a car. The AWD variants of XUV and Compass are more expensive, but they offer better features, safety and value for (that much) money.

I can tell you, if you iterate and iterate, you'll eventually walk into a Renault showroom. I did, but not for the AWD though. My only other option was to stretch the budget and get a Creta AT and I bought the Duster AMT.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 12th October 2017 at 20:54.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 17:51   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
The last few pages have got me thinking. I was looking at Duster AWD as my next car, but now I'm not sure if I'm making the correct choice.
As a Duster AWD owner for two years, there have been very good times with the vehicle, and I have enjoyed the drive immensely. What spoils the drive is a failure on a part that should not so early in life. Injector failure is an avoidable problem if only Renault has better quality control. How can a pressure relief valve fail in less than 1000km after purchase?, or, for that matter injectors which are supposed to work for more than 1 lakh km? Repeated instances of failure of parts which take a long time to replace leaves a bad feeling about the vehicle. Being stranded on a highway due to Duster breakdown when you have planned for that holiday for weeks and months and losing money on confirmed hotel bookings is very annoying to say the least.

I speak for many Duster AWD owners when I reiterate I will not buy a Renault vehicle the next time. But I was a repeat owner of Maruti and I hope they come out with a similar vehicle.

Renault has invited me, and I am sure many other Duster owners, to the International drive in Nepal. Today, I am not confident the Duster will reach Lucknow from Trivandrum to participate in this drive.
SajiNSalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 16:15   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Renault has invited me, and I am sure many other Duster owners, to the International drive in Nepal.
Any idea of the total cost?
4x4addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 07:01   #754
BHPian

Please find the attachment for pricing details.
I have done 64.5Kms so far and will be completing 3 years with the car this November.
New addition to the list of problems is whirring sound from AC. Not planning to goto service center until 70K service. As its already cold and going to remain so atleast for another couple of months in Bangalore. I am going to wait it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-screenshot_20171015065407.jpg  

v6kgang is offline   Reply With Quote