Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2016, 16:00   #496
BHPian
 
lal79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 59
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Let me know if you need any more inputs on this before you sign the dotted line.
Thanks a lot for your clarification. One more question. Will there be significant difference in service cost and FE between 2WD and 4WD Scorpio? I have gone through some ownership threads here which claims highway FE around 14kmpl for 4WD. If the difference is not very high then I would like to go for 4WD. I was born and brought up in a remote village in Kerala where only 4WD Jeeps could go. It all started from there. I always wanted to own a 4WD. Now I am finding reasons for convincing my home minister
lal79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 16:32   #497
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Bangalor
Posts: 292
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
Thanks a lot for your clarification. One more question. Will there be significant difference in service cost and FE between 2WD and 4WD Scorpio? I have gone through some ownership threads here which claims highway FE around 14kmpl for 4WD. If the difference is not very high then I would like to go for 4WD. I was born and brought up in a remote village in Kerala where only 4WD Jeeps could go. It all started from there. I always wanted to own a 4WD. Now I am finding reasons for convincing my home minister
Well I own a Scorpio 4wd. The fuel efficiency would be slightly less owing to the additional weight of 4wd. But if you are light footed driver and take good care of your vehicle, then you can easily get same or better FE than some 2WDs
Regarding service cost, there isn't much difference, only additional oil differential oil and might be few other stuff. But explaining to SA each time to take care of additional GB is a headache.
gypsyFreak is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 20:47   #498
BHPian
 
lal79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 59
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
But explaining to SA each time to take care of additional GB is a headache.
Thank you. There is only one dealership in my town. They are no better. One of my friend has a XUV. He always has complaints after service. Most of the time they forget to do things. So no wonder if they miss out 4WD specific items.
lal79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 15:39   #499
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,489
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
One more question. Will there be significant difference in service cost and FE between 2WD and 4WD Scorpio? I have gone through some ownership threads here which claims highway FE around 14kmpl for 4WD.
The FE difference between a 2WD and a 4WD Scorpio will not exceed more than 1 kmpl when driven in 2WD mode.

Service cost difference is negligible and with M&M offering a 5 year warranty, you can use the vehicle in peace.

Also, though I wanted to say it earlier, I would always recommend a 4WD SUV over a 2WD one, finances permitting.

So, which color?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 16:40   #500
BHPian
 
lal79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 59
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So, which color?
For me the new generation Scorpio looks good in black. Then the next choice is silver. But my wife likes it in white. Negotiations with her on color is going on.
lal79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 17:47   #501
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,489
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
For me the new generation Scorpio looks good in black. Then the next choice is silver. But my wife likes it in white. Negotiations with her on color is going on.
I prefer black as well, but white is also a good color. Silver, hmm...lacks that appeal that black and white have.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 19:40   #502
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,642
Thanked: 3,837 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
With M&M offering a 5 year warranty, you can use the vehicle in peace.
5 year warranty?

I think, they offer a 2 year standard warranty and for Rs. 22,500 they offer a third year warranty [for one year]. Or am I not aware? Please do let me know
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 20:36   #503
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Mahindra these days offer 3 year 100000 kms standard warranty and additional warranty can be purchased for 2 more years. So 5 year warranty is indeed true
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 20:43   #504
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,489
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
5 year warranty?

I think, they offer a 2 year standard warranty and for Rs. 22,500 they offer a third year warranty [for one year]. Or am I not aware? Please do let me know
Right, so it is a 3 year (std) plus 2 year (extended) warranty that is offered on the new Scorpio.

Chandras1 has answered this correctly.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 21:02   #505
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,642
Thanked: 3,837 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Mahindra these days offer 3 year 100000 kms standard warranty and additional warranty can be purchased for 2 more years. So 5 year warranty is indeed true
I think, this was not the case with my VLX, might be for the 4WD S10.

How much for additional warranty?

EDIT: Dealer confirms, the standard warranty is of 2 years.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th February 2016 at 21:09.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 22:58   #506
BHPian
 
lal79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 59
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Standard warranty for New Generation Scorpio is 2 years or 75000 kms and extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year or up to 120000 kms is available.
As per Scorpio website 3rd and 4th year warranty cost is 19950₹ if opted before 60 days from date of sale. 21147₹ if opted within 1 year. 22416₹ if opted within 2nd year before expiry of original warranty.

Last edited by lal79 : 14th February 2016 at 23:05.
lal79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 14:34   #507
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 55
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Dear BHPians, I currently own a 2011 VLX 4wd Scorpio. I plan to upgrade to the NG 4WD S4+; as I am comfortable on the budget, also the Specs just meets my requirement. Obviously i'll invest on alloys, basic Music system and the Spoiler (love it with the spoiler) over time.

I'd like to know if its worth stretching for the 4wd S10 instead ? Has any one gone through the same dilemma as me ? Some frills i'll miss (or wish) will be motorized ORVM, Projector/bending lamps, rear wipers etc. Do one of you think there could be more deal breakers ?
charan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 15:29   #508
BHPian
 
timuseravan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 212
Thanked: 193 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
Dear BHPians, I currently own a 2011 VLX 4wd Scorpio. I plan to upgrade to the NG 4WD S4+; as I am comfortable on the budget, also the Specs just meets my requirement. Obviously i'll invest on alloys, basic Music system and the Spoiler (love it with the spoiler) over time.

I'd like to know if its worth stretching for the 4wd S10 instead ? Has any one gone through the same dilemma as me ? Some frills i'll miss (or wish) will be motorized ORVM, Projector/bending lamps, rear wipers etc. Do one of you think there could be more deal breakers ?
The 4x4 S10 is waay above my budget but I did research it. The only things I really miss on S4+ is the 8 seat last row front facing option. Most of the rest can be fixed in the S4+ including the ICR, alloys, leather seats etc
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 15:42   #509
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,642
Thanked: 3,837 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Rain & light sensors. Coming from a VLX, I think, one will miss the rain sensing wipers.
Auto A/C
Height adjustable driver seat.
Arm-rests, a big, big plus. I can't drive w/o 'em. And only Safari/Scorpio have 'em [in SUV's]
Cruise control

There are many others like the projector headlamps, auto-locking doors, motorized ORVM, puddle lamps but above listed ones are important IMO.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 18:34   #510
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: London
Posts: 60
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
Dear BHPians, I currently own a 2011 VLX 4wd Scorpio. I plan to upgrade to the NG 4WD S4+; as I am comfortable on the budget, also the Specs just meets my requirement. Obviously i'll invest on alloys, basic Music system and the Spoiler (love it with the spoiler) over time.



I'd like to know if its worth stretching for the 4wd S10 instead ? Has any one gone through the same dilemma as me ? Some frills i'll miss (or wish) will be motorized ORVM, Projector/bending lamps, rear wipers etc. Do one of you think there could be more deal breakers ?

It's the situation I found myself in when I was planning to buy the Scorpio. In the end I settled for a S4+. I have since then installed a good music system, alloys and other stuff and spent around 1 lac on it. My suggestion, if bugdet is not a problem go for a S10. But having said that I don't regret going for a S4+ and like the white black contrast!
dhruv45in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Quanto : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 283 12th September 2016 11:46
Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : Scorpio finds a new home! benbsb29 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 168 8th January 2015 11:22
Mahindra Scorpio's Photos - Scorpio Xtreme hotkar Modifications & Accessories 35 3rd March 2012 23:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:51.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks