Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 6th August 2016, 11:30   #616
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear timuseravan,

Thanks for the 'hope' that you have given to me.

I noticed that you are also in Pune. Which dealer did you get your Scorpio from? When? Is it AT?

I am sorry if you have already mentioned all this somewhere and I missed it.

Girish Mahajan
I also got my Scorpio from Sahyadri Motors on Sus road. Mine is S4+ variant. I would have liked the AT but it is available only on S10 which was way out of my budget.
I got delivery this 31st March just in time for price hike due to budget
I am planning to write an ownership report but "shubh muhurat" never seems to happen. :(
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2016, 13:01   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I also got my Scorpio from Sahyadri Motors on Sus road. Mine is S4+ variant. I would have liked the AT but it is available only on S10 which was way out of my budget.
I got delivery this 31st March just in time for price hike due to budget
I am planning to write an ownership report but "shubh muhurat" never seems to happen. :(
Dear timuseravan,

Interesting!
Any feedback/suggestions about Sahyadri Motors?
Any issues faced by you during or after delivery?

We should meet up ....

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 12:32   #618
BHPian

I had positive experience with Sahyadri. They did try to pressure sell some accessories but not too much. Apart from that everything was smooth. I would also recommend to get insurance outside. I saved more than 20K getting 0Dep insurance on my own.
Old 8th August 2016, 12:47   #619
BHPian

Quote:
I had positive experience with Sahyadri. They did try to pressure sell some accessories but not too much. Apart from that everything was smooth. I would also recommend to get insurance outside. I saved more than 20K getting 0Dep insurance on my own.
Dear timuseravan,

Thanks for the tips. Noted.
I am going to check out insurance rates. At least with Honda and Maruti, I did not find significant differences between dealer and others' rates. Here, I have to check. There is some time.

Girish Mahajan
Old 8th August 2016, 13:31   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Dear S2,

I have been following this thread for quite some time.
After studying all pros and cons, have decided to take a plunge.
With kind blessings from wife and daughters, I am finally booking the S10 2wd AT tomorrow in Sahyadri Motors, Pune.
Congratulation Girish Mahajan!!! Please opt for extended warranty. Also please do the 3M under body coating from any of the 3M outlet. Dealer will push for doing this from the dealership saying "if you don't do now there is no use". Please don't listen to that. Its better doing it from 3M
lal79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 13:34   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
Congratulation Girish Mahajan!!! Please opt for extended warranty. Also please do the 3M under body coating from any of the 3M outlet. Dealer will push for doing this from the dealership saying "if you don't do now there is no use". Please don't listen to that. Its better doing it from 3M
Dear lal79,

Thanks for the congrats!

I am definitely taking the extended warranty.
A visit to 3M is surely ON!

Girish Mahajan
Old 16th August 2016, 15:14   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Dear S2,

I have been following this thread for quite some time.
After studying all pros and cons, have decided to take a plunge.
With kind blessings from wife and daughters, I am finally booking the S10 2wd AT tomorrow in Sahyadri Motors, Pune.

Any pointers?

The ladies opted for the 2+3+3 seating option.
Tentative delivery is approximately one month. I expect to know more by tomorrow.
This will be replacing my WagonR VXI of 2011 (23,000 km run only - by my wife). Note: the Scorpio is for me - my Jazz V CVT goes to my wife!

Girish Mahajan
Mr. Mahajan,

I am coming back to this thread after a while. Congratulations on your purchase decision. I hope you enjoy your Scorpio to the fullest. We are all looking forward to your pictures and ownership thread.

In the mean time, I do have a question though. Since you opted for 2 + 3 + 3 configuration, you will get two bench seats for the 2nd and 3rd rows. In this set up,...

1.) Is the middle row bench moveable backwards and forwards to create legroom for the last row?

2.) Does the middle row bench come with a backrest that can be reclined?

3.) Does the the middle row bench fold and lift in 60/40 configuration to enable access to the last row? Or does one have to fold and lift the entire bench?

Thank you
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 15:44   #623
BHPian

It seems Mahindra has aggressively resumed the TV advertisements for the Scorpio to counter the heat from Creta and BRV. They are running the original one featuring the car rescuing a stallion from quicksand. They are pitching the raw and butch look of the SUV compared to the sophisticated urban competition of Hyundai and Honda.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 16:21   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Mr. Mahajan,

I am coming back to this thread after a while. Congratulations on your purchase decision. I hope you enjoy your Scorpio to the fullest. We are all looking forward to your pictures and ownership thread.
Thanks for the nice words.
Even I am looking forward to the pictures and ownership thread!!

Quote:

In the mean time, I do have a question though. Since you opted for 2 + 3 + 3 configuration, you will get two bench seats for the 2nd and 3rd rows. In this set up,...

1.) Is the middle row bench moveable backwards and forwards to create legroom for the last row?
As far as I know, the middle row bench does not move forward and backward. At least that is what the SA said. The catalog says otherwise. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:

2.) Does the middle row bench come with a backrest that can be reclined?
Same as above....

Quote:

3.) Does the the middle row bench fold and lift in 60/40 configuration to enable access to the last row? Or does one have to fold and lift the entire bench?
The middle row is 60:40 split. Thank God for small graces. From the images that I have seen, it looks easy to use. Let us see!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 16th August 2016, 16:43   #625
BHPian

Quote:

As far as I know, the middle row bench does not move forward and backward. At least that is what the SA said. The catalog says otherwise. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Same as above....
Sir... When you get delivery, kindly do update us on these two points w.r.t the middle row bench. We are hearing conflicting reports regarding the same. And the only way to settle the questions is to see a car with in this configuration.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 21:50   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Sir... When you get delivery, kindly do update us on these two points w.r.t the middle row bench. We are hearing conflicting reports regarding the same. And the only way to settle the questions is to see a car with in this configuration.
Dear mohansrides,

Sure. I will update here.... and hopefully I get to pen down a lot of details.

Anyway, it is agonizing to have to wait for one more month!

Girish Mahajan
Old 20th August 2016, 14:14   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Dear timuseravan,

On an impulse, I searched and got a file which shows all the possible accessories offered by M&M for Scorpio.
Could you and/or all the other experts look and suggest for my Diamond White Scorpio S10 AT fwd which I expect to get some time in the middle of Sep?

Mahindra_Scorpio_Accessory_Brochure.pdf

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
Old 22nd August 2016, 09:13   #628
BHPian

@GKMahajan, your variant being the top end one will already come loaded. From the dealer I purchased the rear guard, scuff plate and wheel cover. I think you will only need the rear guard. I had lower body rust protection done from 3M and floor insulation done from car accessory shop.
Also would highly recommend noodle type mats. The ones from 3M are very expensive. The local ones cost 1/3rd the price and are almost as good.
Old 22nd August 2016, 11:40   #629
BHPian

Quote:
@GKMahajan, your variant being the top end one will already come loaded. From the dealer I purchased the rear guard, scuff plate and wheel cover. I think you will only need the rear guard. I had lower body rust protection done from 3M and floor insulation done from car accessory shop.
Also would highly recommend noodle type mats. The ones from 3M are very expensive. The local ones cost 1/3rd the price and are almost as good.
Dear timuservan,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I might not go for rear guard. I understand it fits on the chassis. So a rear-ending can damage the chassis. It would be better to replace the bumper! Please correct me if I am wrong.

Scuff plate would be interesting.

Wheel covers - ?? - I think the S10 came with alloy wheels - so might not be required. Let me check.

I am sure a visit to 3M is required immediately after taking possession of the car!

Any opinion on seat covers?

The car comes with reverse sensors. I would like to add reverse camera. Any opinions? Same about front proximity sensors? I want that my daughters should also to be able to drive it!!

How good is the Handirack?

I am serious about adding a Tracker. Any opinions here?

Something I know nothing about - Bonnet Scoop! Please help me with your advice.

Rear Bumper reflectors? Are they good and/or worth it?

And lastly, does the roof mounted blower add any value?

Thanking all of you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:26   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you and/or all the other experts look and suggest for my Diamond White Scorpio S10 AT fwd which I expect to get some time in the middle of Sep?
Don't buy any accessories at all right now, specially from the dealer. Use your vehicle as it is for a month or two, and then decide if anything is really needed or not (including the pricey 3M treatments).

Since your vehicle is the top end variant, chances are you will conclude that the stock vehicle has all you need.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote