Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2014, 12:19   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,072
Thanked: 687 Times
Arrow Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Nice review. I saw one in flesh somewhere near ARAI and it looks good at the outset. But go closer, and somehow it doesn't look so appealing. A Merc should look sleek and sharp ; but somehow this car has a too much bulging appearance and too many rounded corners. And yes, I miss that 3 pointed star standing proudly above the bonnet.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 14:59   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 380
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Had a go in one. Its still quite "low" and you have to lower yourself into the seat. If you have a bad back, Merc has very limited options indeed in the lower half of their product range.

Also the roofline is much lower than what it looks like in the pictures. The rear did not feel the most comfortable as well, though I could not put my finger on what exactly was wrong in it (maybe its me :-) that something is wrong with).

Visually, it looks great though. I'm sure it will sell well, in spite of the high-ish prices.
Contrapunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 07:06   #33
BHPian
 
D'Artagnan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 261
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Torque from 1200 - 1400 RPM only


Awesome review vid! The torque figures for the petrol engine seem to be only from 1200 - 1400 rpm, I think you mis-typed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review-mercedes-glaclass-price-specifications.jpeg  


Last edited by D'Artagnan : 2nd February 2015 at 07:20. Reason: Added Vid6639
D'Artagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 22:15   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Was looking at GLA Class. But undecided on Petrol or Diesel variant. Is petrol a better option or diesel in the long run? My usage in a year would not be more than 8000 to 9000 kms. I have test driven the GLA diesel variant. It's not as underpowered as it is made out to be. Is the NVH in petrol better? Is the resale value of diesel much more in the long run? Would love to hear from some experts on this.
Sam Panch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:10   #35
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,478
Thanked: 7,772 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
Was looking at GLA Class. But undecided on Petrol or Diesel variant. Is petrol a better option or diesel in the long run? My usage in a year would not be more than 8000 to 9000 kms. I have test driven the GLA diesel variant. It's not as underpowered as it is made out to be. Is the NVH in petrol better? Is the resale value of diesel much more in the long run? Would love to hear from some experts on this.
I would give the petrol a close look. I drove the CLA petrol and length and the performance was quite good
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 14:35   #36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 8
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
Was looking at GLA Class. But undecided on Petrol or Diesel variant. Is petrol a better option or diesel in the long run? My usage in a year would not be more than 8000 to 9000 kms. I have test driven the GLA diesel variant. It's not as underpowered as it is made out to be. Is the NVH in petrol better? Is the resale value of diesel much more in the long run? Would love to hear from some experts on this.
Well I have been driving around in the petrol GLA for 5 months now, and trust me petrol is the right choice. I get good a good mileage (11 kmpl), fantastic response and punch from the mill, refinement in the cabin!
The difference in power can be felt as before buying I extensively drove both the variants and the petrol packs more punch. The resale value is something I did not think about, my guess would be the diesel would depreciate more.

PS - the petrol has an amazing sound!
CJ1994 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 14:52   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1994 View Post
Well I have been driving around in the petrol GLA for 5 months now, and trust me petrol is the right choice. I get good a good mileage (11 kmpl), fantastic response and punch from the mill, refinement in the cabin!
The difference in power can be felt as before buying I extensively drove both the variants and the petrol packs more punch. The resale value is something I did not think about, my guess would be the diesel would depreciate more.

PS - the petrol has an amazing sound!
Even I have picked up a petrol GLA last month. You are right. It's absolutely fabulous to drive the GLA. And even I love the sound.
Sam Panch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 15:00   #38
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 8
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
Even I have picked up a petrol GLA last month. You are right. It's absolutely fabulous to drive the GLA. And even I love the sound.
Great! Congratulations

What colour did you get? CKD or CBU?
CJ1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 17:30   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1994 View Post
Great! Congratulations

What colour did you get? CKD or CBU?
Red colored, CBU with Harmon Kardon speakers, rain sensors, etc. Loved the red colour.
Sam Panch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 18:10   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

How many Kms have you done in your GLA? And how are you getting 11 kpl mileage? I am getting close to 8 Kpl. Have you got it tuned to get more mileage?
Sam Panch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 10:09   #41
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 8
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
How many Kms have you done in your GLA? And how are you getting 11 kpl mileage? I am getting close to 8 Kpl. Have you got it tuned to get more mileage?
No tuning really, my runs are 80% flat no traffic stretches of road and 20% city so I am getting the most out of it. Mine has done 4800 kms, an initial ownership review is in the pipeline.
I have got the exact same car

Get those rims painted gloss black with red pin striping! you will love it!!
CJ1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 10:56   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1994 View Post
No tuning really, my runs are 80% flat no traffic stretches of road and 20% city so I am getting the most out of it. Mine has done 4800 kms, an initial ownership review is in the pipeline.
I have got the exact same car

Get those rims painted gloss black with red pin striping! you will love it!!
Look forward to your initial ownership review. There are hardly any ownership reviews for cars in this bracket. At least one can share a few notes and encourage others to join in.

Post snaps of the tyre paint job you have got done

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2015 at 20:10. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks.
Sam Panch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:38   #43
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,504 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

I went to Mercedes today just for a lark.

Anyone considering the GLA, it seems to be well worth considering the Mercedes Star Agility Lease Plan over 5 years. It ends up helping one own an aspirational vehicle at a fair price, vis a vis the conventional loan route.

This is my Prima Facie reaction after looking into their printouts of financials and hearing their logic.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 19:18   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,508
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Rechecking a sleeping thread. Any GLA owners I could talk to in real time ? Really appreciate some feedback about actual ownership experience as I don't find any other thread related to this. Thanks.

Last edited by shajufx : 28th August 2016 at 19:19.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 12:03   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,868
Thanked: 4,293 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

GLA 4matic launching soon is the grapevine.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes GLA-Class vs Audi Q3 vs BMW X1 S2!!! Luxury, Imports & Niche 32 6th April 2016 20:12
Mercedes GLA-Class launched at Rs 32.75 lakh tbppjpr The Indian Car Scene 28 13th November 2014 12:50
5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA Redline6800 The Indian Car Scene 53 14th October 2014 23:15
Mercedes-Benz GLA Concept chevelle The International Automotive Scene 44 28th August 2014 13:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks