Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd February 2017, 19:51   #526
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
My friend , I just called up one of the random showroom- Place Gachibowli - discount is applicable to both cases ----- exchange or brand new purchase.
Minimum discount for sure a customer can benefit for Bolt -- Rs33000.
So Bolt xm model on road price in todays date is 6.4lakhs - rs33000 = would be your discounted price.
The guy also said if you are an corporate employee , can drag the discount to Rs40000.
Few days back I had called up another dealership in Pune (Concorde) for the discount offer. And I received somewhat same response as the Pandits. I can get a discount of max 15000 (new purchase) and a corporate discount of 3000.
The so called 44000 discount is only applicable in case of exchanges.
If Tata really wants to get the Bolts moving, they should ask their dealerships to accommodate as well.

On a lighter but serious note, Pune dealerships and RTOs typically play their own song it seems, which is heavily sedated with "table-transactions" across all levels.
Majumdarda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 12:58   #527
Senior - BHPian

I sold by 2015 August and 11750kms run Bolt XE for 3.25 L a month back. I could have haggled for maybe 5-10k more but I was looking for a quick sale since I was moving abroad.

The car had 2 reasonably well sized dents on both rear doors.

Overall I am not too disappointed with the resale because anyone who buys a Tata car knows what they are getting into.
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 10:41   #528
BHPian

I'm starting to see white Bolt XE's with commercial plates. My only wish would have been that tata either detunes the engine or takes away the sport mode atleast on these commercial plate versions. Some of the cab drivers are near suicidal behind the wheel and the bolt is one potent weapon. I ended up scolding one of the drivers of a bolt and when he kept acting like he hadn't done anything wrong, I ended up removing his key from his car and threw it into the bushes in a nearby park. Told him he shouldn't be driving since he does not know how to drive.

PS: if this guy was driving in anything but sport mode, i should get myself a bolt as well. Despite being a tata fanboy i have not bought a tata yet. their dealership experience is still not upto the mark. while they brought a tiago for test drive from across the city, no one responded to a test drive request for the nano for 5 months. :(

Last edited by JagMan : 30th July 2017 at 10:48.
JagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 10:54   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagMan View Post
I'm starting to see white Bolt XE's with commercial plates. My only wish would have been that tata either detunes the engine or takes away the sport mode atleast on these commercial plate versions. Some of the cab drivers are near suicidal behind the wheel and the bolt is one potent weapon. I ended up scolding one of the drivers of a bolt and when he kept acting like he hadn't done anything wrong, I ended up removing his key from his car and threw it into the bushes in a nearby park. Told him he shouldn't be driving since he does not know how to drive.

PS: if this guy was driving in anything but sport mode, i should get myself a bolt as well.
I hate to be writing admonishing posts but what you did is outright hooligan behavior. Don't be surprised if in your next confrontation with a cabbie, someone goes one step further with you. Righteousness does not give you or anyone else a license for rowdyism. Sorry.

Consider enrolling in anger management classes, or revisiting the tenets of civic behavior as well. Let us be the change we wish to be in society.

Please consider reading the Road rage thread every single day till such urge passes.
phamilyman is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 10:59   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I hate to be writing admonishing posts but what you did is outright hooligan behavior. Don't be surprised if in your next confrontation with a cabbie, someone goes one step further with you. Righteousness does not give you or anyone else a license for rowdyism. Sorry.

Consider enrolling in anger management classes, or revisiting the tenets of civic behavior as well. Let us be the change we wish to be in society.

Please consider reading the Road rage thread every single day till such urge passes.
Oh, I absolutely agree. I've decided to just move closer to work and do away with commuting altogether. :/
JagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 13:31   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagMan View Post
I'm starting to see white Bolt XE's with commercial plates. My only wish would have been that tata either detunes the engine or takes away the sport mode atleast on these commercial plate versions. ......
Absolutely agree with phamilyman here. What you did was extreme. It could have gotten physical if the cabbie was annoyed beyond his limit. And it is not worth getting into a fight with them - since it is more likely that you have more to lose from this altercation than the cabbie. Next time, just ignore the bad driver and walk away.

Also, one more thing. I see lot of Bolt/Zest Diesels as cabs in Bangalore nowadays. I'm fairly sure that the Diesels don't come with sports mode or the multi-drive mode. That feature is only present for the Petrol (Revotron) variants. The XE and XM diesels variants which are common among yellow-boards come only with 75PS engine (fixed-geometry turbo) while the XT variant comes with 90PS engine (VGT, I think).
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 10:20   #532
BHPian

I can always praise Bolt Petrol without getting tired.
My family friend went to shirdi this year via Nanded route and their Innova was in messed up condition and spent Rs20000 for repair work.
It seems the service advisor asked, what you guys did with Innova???
Credit goes to Nande's pathetic road condition.

When I went via same road using Bolt to shirdi , we came back in single piece. But I was surprised when i took the car to service centre to check for any problems and they confirmed Car is in perfect condition & nothing to bother. I think odo read 10000km.
Bolt has now clocked 25700km , with 2 shirdi trips and 4 times to tirupati.
My family really loves the car , as it ensures safety and great comfort.

Last week I have upsized my car tyres from 175/65, R14 to 175/70, R14 , so kept everything constant and increased only the aspect ratio and the tyres are Yokohama Earth1. Result increased ground clearance , more comfortable, potholes are ignored to great extent or negligible. Mileage Iam not sure yet but get the same recommended tyre pressures 35 front & 32 rear and I use only Nitrogen gas because they stay that way great intact without leakege for months.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0003_16.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0001_26.jpg  

Last edited by Rama Naveen : 11th September 2017 at 10:23. Reason: Error
Rama Naveen is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 17:36   #533
BHPian

All,

Ownership Update :
I have completed close to 40K on my Max aka Revotron BOLT. Absolutely no Niggles so far .I Drive the XMS Variant. I moved from Pune to Bangalore but still driving the car. Its been a very easy going ownership till now. Average city Mileage is around 11-12 KMPL in Bangalore city traffic. Highways i get around 15-16 KMPL as most of the time i am in Sports Mode

Absolutely loving the car and now looking for a AT for my daily B2B traffic.
Shabzhere is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 16:12   #534
BHPian

Considering a Pre-Worshipped Bolt Petrol as a spare car for home. Any reliability issues or specific problems to be very of?
ScorpMan is online now   Reply With Quote