Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd June 2015, 19:32   #136
BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review

Thanks Pearljam.

Another question, has anyone installed an AVN in the Verna? The dealer tells me its possible to replace the 2-din system with a screen for 40k.

Anyone used it? Is it any good?
drive2eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 21:28   #137
BHPian

I saw one verna fitted with may my India system that is specifically designed for verna by them. Other than that haven't seen any car in which the owner has replaced the system.
honey_starhoney is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 17:09   #138
BHPian

Thanks Guys.

I have booked the Verna S(O) VTVT from Advaith Hyundai. I have opted for the Caska 6.2 inch SatNav unit with Map My India maps. Getting delivery next week, very excited.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 18:59   #139
BHPian

Hi all,
My advise is to stay away from Caska units as they r amongst the most hopeless ones. I was considering their integrated system for my Elantra and happened to see it in a friend's Elantra. The interface and the quality of the head unit was downright ugly!

My cousin had bought a touch screen double din unit on our china trip around 8 years ago, and the Caska had the same crap interface.

I will highly recommend the MEGAAUDIO system as their fit, finish and quality of hardware and software are both excellent.

I have myself ordered for it now, and awaiting installation. Our member Arjun Reddy is using it from past two years without a problem, and has inspired me to go for it. I then had a look at a system for Cruze and was mighty impressed.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 21:42   #140
BHPian

Congratulations @drive2eternity!

@drive2eternity and @Insane_Devil, please post your reviews and pictures of the upgraded systems, if you do upgrade. Thanks!
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2015, 13:00   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Thanks Pearljam.

Another question, has anyone installed an AVN in the Verna? The dealer tells me its possible to replace the 2-din system with a screen for 40k.

Anyone used it? Is it any good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
I saw one verna fitted with may my India system that is specifically designed for verna by them. Other than that haven't seen any car in which the owner has replaced the system.
I have Verna Facelift installed with MapmyIndia Unit custom built for Hyundai Verna. I bought it from MapmyIndia website for only 20K and had accessory shop fit it for Rs. 300.

MapmyIndia supply unit as per interiors of the car i.e if you have wooden finish interiors, they provide a unit with wooden plate else silver plate which is excellent. The unit itself sits flush with the centre console and excellent fit and finish. You also get to use USB port already installed in the vehicle though a new mic for bluetooth is installed as provided in the kit.

2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg

2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-2.jpg

2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-3.jpg

2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-4.jpg

2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-5.jpg

2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-6.jpg

2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-7.jpg

2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-8.jpg

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 27th June 2015 at 13:03.
akhilesh51 is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2015, 15:41   #142
BHPian

Thanks Akhilesh. The screen does look good on the Verna's dash. The Caska unit too has Map My India for maps. How often do you need to upgrade MMI? And whats the approx cost per upgrade?

Cheers..
Old 28th June 2015, 11:57   #143
BHPian

I was planning for a headlight bulb upgrade for my new Verna. However i'm unable to figure out what exactly is the type of bulb used in these new projector headlamps. Is it H4 or H7 ? Any recommended upgrades ? I was using Philips extreme vision in my i10 and its quite good.
autotranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 12:00   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
However i'm unable to figure out what exactly is the type of bulb used in these new projector headlamps. Is it H4 or H7 ? Any recommended upgrades ? I was using Philips extreme vision in my i10 and its quite good.
Ajay, have a look at the owners manual for the details regarding the bulbs used etc. Accordingly go ahead and get Xtreme Vision bulbs
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 12:18   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Ajay, have a look at the owners manual for the details regarding the bulbs used etc. Accordingly go ahead and get Xtreme Vision bulbs
The owners manual just mentions the wattage, 60/55. I dont have it with me though ; both car and manual are in Kerala.

I think I will check with Hyundai service centre.
autotranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 12:56   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Thanks Akhilesh. The screen does look good on the Verna's dash. The Caska unit too has Map My India for maps. How often do you need to upgrade MMI? And whats the approx cost per upgrade?

Cheers..
MMI comes out with paid updates every 6 months.
Insane Devil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:26   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India is considering a touchscreen-based Audio-Visual-Navigation system for the Hyundai Verna 4S, reports MotorOctane via an exclusive scoop.

The Elite i20 is all set to receive the touchscreen-based AVN update on 8th July (the day the Honda Jazz launches), and the Verna 4S is in line to get this update next.

Quote:
As Maruti Ciaz sales are on the rise and Hyundai Verna is being pushed to the third spot, our sources state that Hyundai will be introducing the Verna with a touchscreen infotainment system with AVN.

Hyundai will be offering the Elite i20 with an AVN system soon and the Verna is likely to be the next product that will be getting it as well. The AVN system on the Verna will be similar to that on the Elite i20. First the premium hatchback will be getting this and then the Verna will be eventually getting it.

As per our sources, Hyundai has already evaluated the AVN system for the Verna. The price won’t change much on this new system and it might be offered initially as an optional feature.
Motor Octane
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2015, 20:36   #148
BHPian

Hello All,

Apologies for the delay. Got my Verna S(O) VTVT delivered on Friday, 3rd July. Have driven it for 200kms so far. I would be writing a detailed ownership review later. As I have installed a Caska AVN system, would like to give a few details regarding it.

2. Build quality is good. Should last a good time.
3. Screen is crisp and clear even under sun.
4. Maps from Mapmyindia are accurate.
5. Plays songs, videos, photo slideshow easily.
6. Intuitive to use.
7. Connects to phone via bluetooth effortlessly.
8. Sound quality is good even with stock speakers.
9. Comes with a stylus so that screen isn't littered with finger prints- very neat addition!

Dislikes:
1. Though the website of Caska India mentions it supports AUX in, it actually doesn't. It only supports ipod in using Apple cable.
2. The steering mounted buttons for telephony don't work. Volume etc continue to work.

Attaching a pic of it. Will attach better pics later on with my ownership review. Hope this small post helps.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review-20150703_175717.jpg  

Last edited by drive2eternity : 7th July 2015 at 20:57. Reason: Text added
drive2eternity is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 13:40   #149
BHPian

Looks great! A few questions:

1. Is the same audio microphone used?
2. Does the reverse camera image now show up on the AVN system, as opposed to the mirror?
3. Does the same stock USB port work?
4. Is there any adapter available to make the steering wheel telephony buttons work?
5. Which dealer did you get this installed?

Thanks!
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 08:49   #150
BHPian

Hey Pearljam, it is indeed a good looking unit. Below are the replies for your queries:

1. Is the same audio microphone used? - There is an additional microphone on the unit, not sure which one is used but the bluetooth telephony works.
2. Does the reverse camera image now show up on the AVN system, as opposed to the mirror?- The unit has the option of connecting reverse camera but I did not get it done, as I did not want to tamper with existing setup. Infact, the unit also has Tire Pressure Management System, but for that additional sensors are needed so right now it doesn't work.
3. Does the same stock USB port work?- Yes
4. Is there any adapter available to make the steering wheel telephony buttons work? - The dealer tried and could not. Haven't asked elsewhere to see if that's possible. Looks like a good thought.
5. Which dealer did you get this installed?- Advaith ORR Bangalore