Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 3rd September 2015, 10:31   #166
BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review

Thanks Buddy. Will follow your thread more religiously now.
I have asked for a change of engine oil and oil filter and did not agree to him when he insisted I should get a cleaning package done for 2000/- which will include wax polish on exterior and stain removal for interiors.
drive2eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 10:52   #167
BHPian

Got a 2011 Fluidic 1.6 SX (O) with suspension setup that takes a toll on my relationship with the rear passengers

What I understand in this review is that the suspension set up is decently improved if not by a huge amount. If I wish to upgrade the suspensions, should I simply install the ones form the new Verna or could I find better options in the aftermarket? It would worth to spend a bit if the ride is going to improve. This vehicle rides mostly on Mumbai - Pune - Solapur highway so a bumpy ride in the city would not be a concern for me.

We were planning to sell this vehicle after 4 years of use but decided to keep it for the beautiful fuel efficiency it offers and also courtesy of a couple of articles on this forum. Current mileage 79000 odd kilometres, planning 2,00,000 km before we bid adieu.
jay3sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2015, 00:09   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3sh View Post
What I understand in this review is that the suspension set up is decently improved if not by a huge amount. If I wish to upgrade the suspensions, should I simply install the ones form the new Verna or could I find better options in the aftermarket?
I have the '14 model and had the same query. I asked both hyundai technical (by email) and the service adviser who usually takes care of my car servicing. Both said the fitting is not possible. Seems that a certain socket doesnt match.

It would be best to get a confirmation regarding the same from your own service adviser/mechanic.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 10:12   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Got a 2011 Fluidic 1.6 SX (O) with suspension setup that takes a toll on my relationship with the rear passengers

What I understand in this review is that the suspension set up is decently improved if not by a huge amount. If I wish to upgrade the suspensions, should I simply install the ones form the new Verna or could I find better options in the aftermarket? It would worth to spend a bit if the ride is going to improve. This vehicle rides mostly on Mumbai - Pune - Solapur highway so a bumpy ride in the city would not be a concern for me. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
I have the '14 model and had the same query. I asked both hyundai technical (by email) and the service adviser who usually takes care of my car servicing. Both said the fitting is not possible. Seems that a certain socket doesnt match.

It would be best to get a confirmation regarding the same from your own service adviser/mechanic.

Hello Both,

I had read about certain TBhpians being able to change/upgrade/modify their Verna's stock suspension via Hyundai in this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-141.html (Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review)

Please read post 2105 on-wards. Hope it helps.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 10:29   #170
BHPian

Quote:
If I wish to upgrade the suspensions, should I simply install the ones form the new Verna or could I find better options in the aftermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
See this very useful post from Amyth_Prabhakar, where he has upgraded his suspension. Looks like 2011 suspension can be upgraded to 2014. Not sure about the upgrade from 2014->2015 though:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3398106 (Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk)
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 11:19   #171
BHPian

Further, not sure if there is any difference between the 2014 and 2015 Vernas' suspension setup. I think Hyundai had fixed the softness in 2014 itself, but marketed it more in 2015.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 22:20   #172
BHPian

The SX versions do not come with Speed sensing door locks, but its there in the SxO version. So this means the service centre should be easily be able to add this ; Has anyone done this so far ?
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 10:12   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
The SX versions do not come with Speed sensing door locks, but its there in the SxO version. So this means the service centre should be easily be able to add this ; Has anyone done this so far ?
Hey Autotranny, the 4S Verna has S(O) and SX Variants. The SX has speed sensing auto door locks while S(O) does not. Your idea seems to be logical, I shall talk to my SA and see if it can be enabled on the S(O) variant.
Old 30th September 2015, 15:56   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
See this very useful post from Amyth_Prabhakar, where he has upgraded his suspension. Looks like 2011 suspension can be upgraded to 2014. Not sure about the upgrade from 2014->2015 though:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3398106 (Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk)
I spoke to Kothari Hyundai in Pune and Modi Hyundai in Thane. Both outright denied carrying out this exercise. The Thane guy gave the reason saying the parts are issued as per the chassis number, hence 2014 part can not be issued to a 2011 model

Any help anyone on a way out? I could check in the after market for this particular coil spring but then comes a question of assurance and proper fitting.
Old 30th September 2015, 16:24   #175
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to Kothari Hyundai in Pune and Modi Hyundai in Thane. Both outright denied carrying out this exercise. The Thane guy gave the reason saying the parts are issued as per the chassis number, hence 2014 part can not be issued to a 2011 model

Any help anyone on a way out? I could check in the after market for this particular coil spring but then comes a question of assurance and proper fitting.
I think they were probably under the impression that you want this replaced free under warranty. In that case, they might try to push back and deny the whole thing. However, if you're ready to pay (which I think is worth it, given all that I've read), I don't think they would deny it - in fact they will be happy to change the part and charge you!

I would suggest you do this through the Hyundai service and not a third party.
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 16:38   #176
BHPian

I did try to convince him that my vehicle is out of warranty hence not matching of the chassis no. year and the part issue would be a non-issue, but in vain. Would try by visiting the service centre, they seem less interested to discuss over the phone.
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:01   #177
BHPian

Quote:
I did try to convince him that my vehicle is out of warranty hence not matching of the chassis no. year and the part issue would be a non-issue, but in vain. Would try by visiting the service centre, they seem less interested to discuss over the phone.
Jay3sh, have you tried directly at the Mobis outlets ? There should be one in Pune, if Im not mistaken. But then remember that the onus will be on you to ensure that the 2014 parts match your 2011 car to the tee.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 19:08   #178
BHPian

Hello All,

I have a query. After driving the car for a while, suppose I park the car and turn the ignition off, the doors auto unlock. Now, if I open the driver door, I hear a sound, which is like something winding up. It comes from near the dashboard and lasts for 1-2 seconds only. I am sure it is some sensor or something. It happens even if the passenger door is opened instead of the driver door.
Have you guys noticed it and by chance know what it is?
It is not causing any issues, just that I am curious.
Old 28th October 2015, 10:56   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
After driving the car for a while, suppose I park the car and turn the ignition off, the doors auto unlock. Now, if I open the driver door, I hear a sound, which is like something winding up. It comes from near the dashboard and lasts for 1-2 seconds only. I am sure it is some sensor or something. It happens even if the passenger door is opened instead of the driver door.
Have you guys noticed it and by chance know what it is?
This is just the steering lock getting engaged/disengaged. I think that with key based systems, the mechanical effort of putting/removing the key itself causes the steering lock. But in push button systems, that is not possible. So locks get disengaged just before starting, and engaged when you open the door.
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 13:12   #180
BHPian

Correct PearlJam. Thank you.

How is your 4S doing? How many kms has it run?