Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 18th September 2017, 10:06   #346
BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review

On Thursday, while returning from work, I was stuck in traffic (as always). A guy on Activa decided that the gap between my car and the one ahead was vast, and that he could easily maneuver through it. I noticed his intentions and was honking but he did not pay any heed. He moved and then realized, alas, his calculations were wrong. His Activa's kick got stuck in my front bumper and ripped it out. I basically lost my mind. Opened my window, took a snap of his number plate and asked him to park to the side. He obliged and I followed him.

The front bumper had peeled out and was hanging. He apologized and gave me his number. He mentioned he knew a local garage who could repair the car in half the cost of the Service Center. I said I would call him.

Drove straight to Advaith. The body shop fellow attended and gave me his honest advice - Sir, drive around this way, no need of repairing it, soon you will have new scratches. That's how it is in Bangalore.
When I insisted I wanted this to be fixed, he gave me two options:
1- New bumper at the cost of 11000/-.
2- Repaint all the scratches and put 2 screws as 'jugaad' repair. Since the brackets and clips were broken, the panel gap would be wide and unlike before. Cost 1500/-

Told him I'd come on Friday morning and that I choose option 2.

On Friday, drove to the Service Center and gave the car for repair. Also found that they had Verna's door sill plates (non-illuminated) version and asked the SA to put those as well. Also told the SA about doob-doob sound coming from the front suspension when going over uneven roads.

In the evening, got the call that the car was ready. Went around 6PM, checked the car as it was being cleaned. The paint job done was acceptable. The panel alignment job done was not. The SA mentioned that's the best they could do. I knew this had to be fixed at home now, so told him to prepare the bill. The suspension bushes were changed in the warranty as well. All done, paid 1469/- for the repair and 600/- odd for the sill plates and I was ready to head home.

Turned on the ignition and noticed, the right fog lamp was not functioning. Thinking that they had forgotten to connect some wires, called the SA. He took the car to the service bay and lifted it up for an inspection. I followed him. Five minutes later he says, Sir, bulb is broken. Shall I replace? I said Yes.
He went to the warehouse to check the availability. Comes back with the bulb. I ask him, how much is it. He said, 1274 plus taxes plus labor. I was Anyway, gave him the go ahead.
Half an hour later, the work is done. I drive back home, thinking how 2 inches of gap and 1 minute of patience could be so expensive. Sigh !

The next day, a healthy dose of super glue was enough to bring the panel gaps well within acceptable limits. Cost 5/-.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 18th September 2017 at 10:08.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 11:44   #347
BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
On Thursday, while returning from work, I was stuck in traffic (as always). A guy on Activa decided that the gap between my car and the one ahead was vast, and that he could easily maneuver through it. I noticed his intentions and was honking but he did not pay any heed. He moved and then realized, alas, his calculations were wrong. His Activa's kick got stuck in my front bumper and ripped it out. I basically lost my mind. Opened my window, took a snap of his number plate and asked him to park to the side. He obliged and I followed him.
That's sad drive2eternity !

It's part of the game driving in a metropolis with multiples of two wheelers plying, they outnumber the four wheelers to 1:5 & you can't help it.

I have stopped counting the scratches anymore. Recently had a coconut tree branch fall on my car, a slight dent on the bonnet & on the top, just above the windscreen. I am yet to give it for repairs, although have spoken to the guys, they say they would do a good job.

My worry is; will the paint ( color) start appearing a shade different after a while as our's is a two year old vehicle ?

Here's to safe driving !
Nagesh Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote