Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 16th October 2016, 11:32   #376

Default Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Today Renault's position in India is similar to where Tata Motors were a couple of years back, low sales coupled with too many models with irrelevant variants. The engine option is also neither exciting in their products. Renault like other car manufacturers who have failed in India are neither the best choice for first time buyers nor they have a capable vehicle for people who are upgrading from hatchbacks or sedans. I am wondering myself how did I buy a Duster, which has nothing in it to justify for the price I paid. Did Renault come to India to sell a car like Kwid ? Even if they stop the production of Lodgy, Scala or Pulse nobody will notice. A good vehicle Duster is fading away into history, doing stickering jobs and paint work will not change the mindset of people to buy a Renault Car. I am unable to understand the accountability of leadership in companies like Ford, Renault, Nissan and GM. If a car manufacturer cannot manage the costs, get rid of creature comforts and provide a safe car for the people. Outsource work which can be done at the dealer level, this way a customer can choose what level of customisation he wants in his car and not worry of being unsafe in a car ridden with creature comforts.
My study is that Renault is positioning the Lodgy to compete with ertiga, hence they have reduced the price and features to increase the volume and presence on road. RXL is still a good buy below 1 million price. One of my friend bought an 2015 RXL 110 8 seater for less than 9L on road in pune which is far better than an ertiga in cost, comfort and similar features like ertiga. My RXZ 110 is performing well as compared to my Previous ertiga ZDI till 4500kms since July 16. As the volumes would increase service cost would reduce. Lodgy with its suspension and 110 power is delivering awesome performance on Highways except for turbo lag in lower RPMs. Increases in volume would increase the probability of getting a better resale value for the Lodgy in coming years.
Rajesh Wagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 05:42   #377
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is a really bad move. Trying to bring a product under 10L is fine, but doing it at this stage is useless. All the prices should have been well thought at the time of launch.
Now, reducing the price at the cost of safety equipment is even a dumber move! No excuses for Renault to do it. As I mention, the manufacturers should cut down those features which can be retrofitted at the dealer / aftermarket shops and not those which can't be retrofitted at all!! ABS, Airbags, Rear wiper Cruise control etc all fall in the latter section. I don't mind them dropping the touch screen / alloy wheels / leather seats etc. Even if I discount all other stuffs, removing Airbag from the vehicle to cut down cost is a really silly move!
Quite so! - removing airbags from an existing model in this sector shows amazing lack of awareness of the sensibilities involved. With the current flurry of discussions/debates on NCAP ratings & safety recalls by various players, shows the degree of awareness of the buying public about such issues.

Leaving aside the issue of quality control mechanisms of airbag suppliers (which I have highlighted elsewhere, drawing the parallel of auto-inflatable life-rafts in the maritime industry in our country), what stands out in the public consciousness is the improved NCAP ratings of models with air bags as opposed to the ratings of the same models without them.

O.T. - Notwithstanding everything said above, it is an unfortunate fact of life that safety consciousness (as opposed to awareness!) is abysmally poor in our country. And - in my mind at least - this translates to a very low value-of-life threshold. A result of the exploding population growth, perhaps? And all the associated economic ills of a developing economy that goes with it.

Last edited by shashanka : 17th October 2016 at 05:45.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote