Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 20:41   #541
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 6
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: TATA woes Continues !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
What prevents Tata from quality people ? Do they pay less and get lower grade people or do they don't educate them on the product ? Its really sad to see the state of things at dealers.
Strongly agree above. There is significant deterioration in the Sales staff commitment.
I had purchased a Manza in 2010 from Concorde (a Tata fully owned subsidiary) and then bought my Nano AMT from the same dealer...not just because the Nano AMT is a good VFM product but also because of (perhaps misplaced) loyalty.
The response and courtesy level during my 30-40 calls during the waiting period (2.5months) and while prepping the car for delivery (accessories requests, etc.) was extremely poor.
The sad thing is I had even placed a complaint to the Tata helpline and nothing came of it. Same for my post purchase feedback call.
Such lack of follow up suggests this is not a dealer issue but looks more like a deeper process issue from Tata Motors itself.
Wonder if anyone from Tata management is listening...

** Moderator ** please block my post above if you feel my language and/ or content is not appropriate for this forum.
kmrao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 22:14   #542
BHPian
 
alphahere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: KA-51,KL-07
Posts: 201
Thanked: 258 Times
Default Re: TATA woes Continues !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
of the car on Saturday and then went out in the evening for some shopping. To my horror, when I came back saw that the rear tyre was almost flat !!. Thankfully, it happened next to a MRF showroom and it was easy to remove the tyre. Finally, found that the pin was not tightened and there was no puncture. The folks when changing to alloys had not tightened the pin. The horror does not stop there.... the tyre guy mentioned that the rear and front tyres were interchanged... back is 155 and rear front is 135. such is the PDI of Aadya motors !!

2.All prospective nano buyers please ensure the front and rear tyre sizes are appropriately fit when you take delivery, especially if you are replacing the factory fit alloys !!
I had the same experience but from Prerana on my old nano as well as the GenX. On my old nano I realized that the tyres were swapped only after a week of driving when I happened to glance at the car casually over a cup of coffee and saw that it was leaning lightly to one side. Got it changed correctly from a local puncture wallah.

On the GenX even though I got it from Concorde the alloys were fixed later by me from Prerana. They usually install the alloys from a tyre shop nearby and not in their workshop. I was present at the scene and the uneducated workers just randomly install the tyres back without checking the sizes. Before lowering the car made them remove it and fix correctly. This mix up will happen only on one side usually, not both because of the sequence of steps they mechanically follow! But yes this is something to watch out for if going for alloys from the showroom.
alphahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 22:31   #543
BHPian
 
pugram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 270
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Has anyone tried putting 155 tyres for all wheels? Is there any info / warning regarding the same in the booklet?
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 23:39   #544
BHPian
 
Poseidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the briny
Posts: 81
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Tata must not be too unhappy with long waiting lists for their AMT Nano. Long wait usually puts off first timers - they can't wait! So it's the higher income second car owners who emerge as the core buyers of this model - helping shake off the poor car tag. And rich owners usually end up comparing it favourably with their bigger car (for the low price)..you get the plot��

Last edited by Poseidon : 21st September 2015 at 23:41.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 23:55   #545
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,826
Thanked: 2,939 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Has anyone tried putting 155 tyres for all wheels? Is there any info / warning regarding the same in the booklet?
Already discussed earlier in the thread. The front tyres are not narrow, but the rear tyres are deliberately wider in order to get correct steering response. Hence do not change the front tyres
condor is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 03:42   #546
BHPian
 
anand.shankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post

I really don't understand what is wrong with tata dealers. They seem to have so many staff who don't do anything. For example if you walk into a Maruti or Hyundai showroom you see quite a few staff but very neatly dressed and courteous. However, you walk into tata showroom like Aadya you see 2 girls sitting at reception itself, but hardly look polished or knowledgeable. There are too many people but no quality is what I think. What prevents Tata from quality people ? Do they pay less and get lower grade people or do they don't educate them on the product ? Its really sad to see the state of things at dealers. But, that said we all are forced to buy tata because the VFM that they offer in the segment. For me 1 lakh plus difference between my nano amt and alto k 10 amt was huge !! So, we have no choice but to endure such pain. When will things improve ? Will they improve at all ?
Double agree, I had been to the ORR Aadya for checking out a Zest, the most lousy lot of sales people I encountered ever! agreed it was a sunday, but every one was shabbily dressed, like they were selling potatoes. I wouldn't have cared for their attire, but their behavior too was as if I came there to buy potatoes.

I wanted the Diesel XT AMT Zest, since its was around ~10L on road, I also wanted to check out the Safari, when I asked the SA about the Safari, he replied 'Safari is costly saar' I almost punched him in the face. Last year, my family was in the lookout for a cheap Diesel, I called the dealers for a LX Indica ev2, they just dint bother selling me one

Moreover, they are departmental org structure, a guy who sells Zest wont talk about Safari or Nano. WTH! they hardly have a few models whats with all the segregation ?

End of the day, I dint buy anything from there. I'm pretty sure if I was a Tata Sales guy, I would have sold these cars much better than these clowns!

Enter a Hyundai or a Toyota showroom and you will be overwhelmed with the kind of pride the SAs carry around. I guess the brand perception of Tata has made the sales force develop low self esteem.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 08:06   #547
BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 936
Thanked: 1,420 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Has anyone tried putting 155 tyres for all wheels? Is there any info / warning regarding the same in the booklet?
Please refrain from using wider tyres in the front, the narrow ones are meant to prevent over-steer.

Also, if it matters, mileage reduces abit. Steering will become tighter for older non-PS versions.

Regards
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:09   #548
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 184
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

My Nano was due for the 1-year service. Received a call from Prerana Motors (the dealer with whom it was purchased) asking for the vehicle to be serviced. I told them that I would give it Concorde Motors, since it is near my home. The service lady on phone asked why I won't give it to them as I had purchased it from them. I told point blank that since they charge for the pick-up-and-drop and their service center is far off, I am giving it to Concorde. She promptly said that they won't charge for the pick-up-and-drop and confirmed the service booking for 26th this Saturday. At least on this one occasion, the dealer was pro-active. Though I am not able to understand why they charged me for pick-and-drop last time

Hopefully, they are providing most of their customers this courtesy and attention.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:21   #549
tez
BHPian
 
tez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 380
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: TATA woes Continues !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I had the same experience but from Prerana on my old nano as well as the GenX. On my old nano I realized that the tyres were swapped only after a week of driving when I happened to glance at the car casually over a cup of coffee and saw that it was leaning lightly to one side. Got it changed correctly from a local puncture wallah.

On the GenX even though I got it from Concorde the alloys were fixed later by me from Prerana. They usually install the alloys from a tyre shop nearby and not in their workshop. I was present at the scene and the uneducated workers just randomly install the tyres back without checking the sizes. Before lowering the car made them remove it and fix correctly. This mix up will happen only on one side usually, not both because of the sequence of steps they mechanically follow! But yes this is something to watch out for if going for alloys from the showroom.
alphahere, your signature says i20 asta at 120 bhp. is it remapped. i20 is 90bhp
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:14   #550
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paradise (wish it was)
Posts: 300
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
... At least on this one occasion, the dealer was pro-active. Though I am not able to understand why they charged me for pick-and-drop last time
Oh hope you wont get surprised when you get your service bill with delivery charges included :P. I remember my friend's case couple of years back when they had agreed to not charge for pickup/drop for his vista and the final bill had the amount included. He was asked as to who had committed this offer to him & he was not able to name the calling party. Since there was nothing formal, he couldn't argue much as they had said it is their standard policy. I think it was 300rs if I remember correctly.
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:16   #551
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 184
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Oh hope you wont get surprised when you get your service bill with delivery charges included :P. I remember my friend's case couple of years back when they had agreed to not charge for pickup/drop for his vista and the final bill had the amount included. He was asked as to who had committed this offer to him & he was not able to name the calling party. Since there was nothing formal, he couldn't argue much as they had said it is their standard policy. I think it was 300rs if I remember correctly.
If I am asked to pay Rs. 300/-, I will not pay the bill and leave the car to them only. Even if they sell it off, they won't be able to recover Rs. 300/- such is Nano resale value

I will confirm again and get proper commitment, thanks for the warning
PNTLovesNano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 22:31   #552
BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 936
Thanked: 1,420 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
...Hopefully, they are providing most of their customers this courtesy and attention.
2yrs back, they charged me Rs.350/- for petrol saying my Nano was low on fuel. (Edit : Its not about the amount, but I felt abit betrayed & that left a bad memory.)

I pointed that on the Job sheet it said "Fuel : 1 point", but they said the SA had to take it on a test run to check for any issues, and amount will compulsorily be charged!

So I'd advise to take care of that too.

Even my recent experience with Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle, Bangalore) was no less than horrible with the SA giving me an estimate of 1-1.5k and the final bill amounting to 5.5k with nonsensical additions. The mail to TATA CC was of no consequence.

I've personally decided to warn anyone whom I suggest to go for a TATA car, to set aside time to stay with the car during service visits.

P.S. :
No offense to anyone who opines otherwise, this is just my advise from my personal experience.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 23rd September 2015 at 22:34.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 09:56   #553
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
2yrs back, they charged me Rs.350/- for petrol saying my Nano was low on fuel. (Edit : Its not about the amount, but I felt abit betrayed & that left a bad memory.)

I pointed that on the Job sheet it said "Fuel : 1 point", but they said the SA had to take it on a test run to check for any issues, and amount will compulsorily be charged!

So I'd advise to take care of that too.

Even my recent experience with Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle, Bangalore) was no less than horrible with the SA giving me an estimate of 1-1.5k and the final bill amounting to 5.5k with nonsensical additions. The mail to TATA CC was of no consequence.

I've personally decided to warn anyone whom I suggest to go for a TATA car, to set aside time to stay with the car during service visits.

P.S. :
No offense to anyone who opines otherwise, this is just my advise from my personal experience.
Everything about TATA is looked from a cost perspective. When we get huge bills from Honda or Toyota we are ok as they appear to be neatly dressed and speak a bit of English and also saying all preventive maintainence sir to ensure Toyota's legendry reliability !!

I know of a friend of mine who has a Hyundai and the SA managed to convince him that he should change his tyres at 30K kms and was even suggested a clutch replacement !! This guy drives only in city and he did shell out the money The SA told him this is all required to keep the vehicle very reliable. Ofcourse, addressing techies with Sirs and Please... most of the IT crowd are easy bakara for these top brands to fleece !!

That said, yes most of the Tata service centers do have morons. So, its better we stay with them during service and replace only what is mentioned in the scheduled maintainence as per the manual !!
power ranger is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 17:48   #554
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Attractive pricing of the Renault KWID may cause those waiting for long periods for the AMT to jump out.

Case of opportunity lost ? - the Nano AMT has waiting periods while just the other day Maruti was reported to have crossed 50K units of AMT vehicles. Pertinent to note that all the AMT variants (Maruti / Tata / Mahindra) were unveiled at the same AutoExpo.
Fx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 21:30   #555
BHPian
 
nijelj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore-Ktym
Posts: 340
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Attractive pricing of the Renault KWID may cause those waiting for long periods for the AMT to jump out.
Why? I didn't see an AMT variant of the Kwid in the news. If people are waiting, its because they want an AMT, not because of the lack of options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Case of opportunity lost ? - the Nano AMT has waiting periods while just the other day Maruti was reported to have crossed 50K units of AMT vehicles. Pertinent to note that all the AMT variants (Maruti / Tata / Mahindra) were unveiled at the same AutoExpo.
Didn't understand the linking of loss of an opportunity to the sales numbers? Alto AMT had a 5 month headstart and 50k is from both cars (including Celerio) together. Its a maruti! Ofcourse it'll will have more takers. Look at the market share that Maruti has compared to Tata. The AMT share reflects that.
Tata is not having waiting periods because they want to, its because their supplier isn't supplying enough of AMT's. Pertinent to note that both companies are being supplied AMT boxes by the same supplier. Looking at the volumes and the margins, who do you think the supplier would prefer?
nijelj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others champ27 What Car? 146 17th August 2016 10:02
Maruti: Alto K10 AMT vs Celerio AMT pahwa Hatchbacks 54 5th October 2015 22:49
PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT Aditya The Indian Car Scene 351 19th May 2015 12:59
Tata Motors to use AMT in commercial vehicles Aditya Commercial Vehicles 33 26th November 2014 17:47
A Nano trip on a Nano budget...in a Tata Nano novice_alto Travelogues 11 28th September 2014 15:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks