Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 10:15   #2056
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hello Guys,
Needed some advice from you all- I have booked a W10 AT which is due for delivery on 6th October 2017. I went for a Pre-delivery inspection to their Bhiwandi (Mumbai) plant last week. All seemed okay except that the disc brakes looked completely rusty? They person there said that since the car is new it is normal. Any thoughts on this?
girish.purswani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 10:39   #2057
BHPian
 
iabhishekkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 98
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Hello Guys,
Needed some advice from you all- I have booked a W10 AT which is due for delivery on 6th October 2017. I went for a Pre-delivery inspection to their Bhiwandi (Mumbai) plant last week. All seemed okay except that the disc brakes looked completely rusty? They person there said that since the car is new it is normal. Any thoughts on this?
Hi, The brake rotors are made of iron so they start developing rust when they sit in wet conditions. Once you would start driving, it would go away immediately upon braking IMO. This appears perfectly normal to me.

Cheers!

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th October 2017 at 10:40. Reason: Properly formatted the post. Thanks
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 15:34   #2058
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: IN
Posts: 613
Thanked: 1,472 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

2017 Mahindra XUV500 W9 launched at Rs 15.45 lakh

Quote:
The new W9 trim of the Mahindra XUV500 gets an electric sunroof and the 7.0-inch infotainment system.
Quote:
Mahindra has added a new variant to its XUV500 line-up, the high-spec W9 variant, starting at Rs 15.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the manual transmission version. The W9 variant is available with the same 2.2-litre diesel engine, automatic and manual transmissions and optional all-wheel-drive
Quote:
Unlike the top-spec W10 trim, the XUV500 W9 misses out on the Connected Apps feature (which includes Ecosense).
Source
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 16:01   #2059
BHPian
 
rajamuneeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: srinagar
Posts: 250
Thanked: 88 Times
Default 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

I think there is a confusion regarding the ecosense feature. The top paragraph mentions it while the last one says it's omitted.
This is the quote from Autocar India. "The new variant comes with a host of features including the electric sunroof with anti-pinch, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, a reverse camera, Ecosense Technology that keeps a log of your driving style, emergency call, static bending headlamp, dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP with rollover mitigation, push-button start, passive keyless entry and tyre-tronics that monitors the tyres.

Unlike the top-spec W10 trim, the XUV500 W9 misses out on the Connected Apps feature (which includes Ecosense)."
The only differentiator I see between W9 and W10 are the extra airbags. I think Mahindra will launch the W10 variant with 170bhp soon. Keeping fingers crossed as I am seriously considering buying a XUV500 real soon.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 4th October 2017 at 16:03.
rajamuneeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 16:03   #2060
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 897 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2017 Mahindra XUV500 W9 launched at Rs 15.45 lakh
Is the new W9 model missing out on the ICE apps only, as quoted above? I remember reading somewhere the W10 was 16.5 lakh INR, ex-showroom. The new model is about a lakh cheaper which is more than the cost of the apps.

If so, is it a soft price-cut to compete with the new rival(s) in the market?
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 16:41   #2061
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 210
Thanked: 230 Times
Default

So XUV5OO W9 replaces W8 and W8 has been discontinued.

For comparing the models kindly go through the site.

www.mahindraxuv500.com
rahul_kej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 17:32   #2062
BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: -----****-----
Posts: 942
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

The new variant is being discussed in a separate thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-45-lakhs.html (Mahindra launches XUV500's W9 variant at Rs 15.45 lakhs)

Mahindra has taken a regressive step by discontinuing the safety feature rich W8 and giving a bling feature rich W9. They're also following footsteps of all others.
BoneCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 20:26   #2063
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 87
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
I think there is a confusion regarding the ecosense feature. The top paragraph mentions it while the last one says it's omitted.
This is the quote from Autocar India. "The new variant comes with a host of features including the electric sunroof with anti-pinch, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, a reverse camera, Ecosense Technology that keeps a log of your driving style, emergency call, static bending headlamp, dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP with rollover mitigation, push-button start, passive keyless entry and tyre-tronics that monitors the tyres.

Unlike the top-spec W10 trim, the XUV500 W9 misses out on the Connected Apps feature (which includes Ecosense)."
The only differentiator I see between W9 and W10 are the extra airbags. I think Mahindra will launch the W10 variant with 170bhp soon. Keeping fingers crossed as I am seriously considering buying a XUV500 real soon.
W9 & W6 Manual transmission variants has Ecosense feature. The connected app feature us available only in W10 variant.
spkingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review S2!!! Official New Car Reviews 346 18th September 2017 11:44
My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home Diesel9999 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th December 2015 21:48
Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 201 22nd December 2015 13:45
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh uday.ere The Indian Car Scene 481 15th June 2015 17:04
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks