Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 21:33   #526
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
its only loyal owners like you which let me still have a little bit of faith in brand Mahindra.
Vinit, don't jump to conclusions about the brand reliability based on one of incidents. Just compare what Creata top end have to offer vs a XUV W8 or W10 and their price difference then you will understand what value the product offers.

@Tanveer: In one of my Zoom Car XUV trips somewhat similar thing happened. I picked up a friends family at their place and started driving with vehicle fully loaded and kids in 3rd row. 2nd AC stopped working and kids started complaining its hot, I couldn't figure out what was wrong from the driver's seat. Only after end of the trip I noticed that one of the kid fiddled with 3rd row AC control knob and accidentally turned it off. All the while I was thinking something wrong with the 2nd AC. Could it be a possibility something like that have happened in your case?
vaspro is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 21:45   #527
BHPian
 
geotracks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 234
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Now comes a million dollar question.... Creta or XUV ?
Both are good choices.

As a starter, do decide if your need is 5 seater or 7 seater .

Number of bells & whistles in XUV (top version) will be far more than Creta (top version). However, Creta will feel more 'car-like' to drive (in traffic) as compared to the larger XUV. If requirement is more city driving, 5 seater and if mileage is a factor (city driving) Creta will be a good choice. Not to mention Hyundai's proven CRDi diesel engine. Otherwise in all other aspects XUV would be a good choice. It is a much larger Sports Utility Vehicle, roomy, fancy gadgets, high seating, with good road presence. A true large SUV comparable to the Toyota Fortuner at a much more affordable price point.
geotracks is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 23:23   #528
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 131
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Both are good choices.
However, Creta will feel more 'car-like' to drive (in traffic) as compared to the larger XUV.
After a month of taking the vehicle to office (Thane to Goregaon - Mumbai), I actually find XUV easier to drive in traffic than my Wagon-R or Baleno (now sold).

Points For XUV:
  • Once you find a comfortable seating position, its very easy to control the torquey engine just by modulating the clutch.
  • On slopes, the Hill Hold function saves you the trouble of playing with the ABC pedals. My regular route consists of ups and downs (both hills and flyovers) and I find Hill Hold a boon when you are stuck in traffic on a slope.
  • You tower over sedans and hatches and get a good view of whats happening in the distance, plus you do not feel claustrophobic because of the space on offer.

Against:
  • If you are the kind of driver who likes to weave in and out of traffic, the size would a damper (BTW, these kind of drivers get on my nerves).

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Not to mention Hyundai's proven CRDi diesel engine.
Some would say the mHawk engine itself is reason enough to buy the XUV over Creta

I used to wonder how people manage to drive vehicles the size of XUV in traffic, now I know
sumithb is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 00:41   #529
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 1,247 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Vinit, don't jump to conclusions about the brand reliability based on one of incidents. Just compare what Creata top end have to offer vs a XUV W8 or W10 and their price difference then you will understand what value the product offers.

@Tanveer: In one of my Zoom Car XUV trips somewhat similar thing happened. I picked up a friends family at their place and started driving with vehicle fully loaded and kids in 3rd row. 2nd AC stopped working and kids started complaining its hot, I couldn't figure out what was wrong from the driver's seat. Only after end of the trip I noticed that one of the kid fiddled with 3rd row AC control knob and accidentally turned it off. All the while I was thinking something wrong with the 2nd AC. Could it be a possibility something like that have happened in your case?
In my case the 3rd row has the knob on the 3rd position, And i could see the rear econ button lit up, But unfortunately no air was been thrown out from the Air vents in the third row.

I totally agree with you, If such a thing happened with me it doesn't means it will happen to everyone. I just saw the creta in flesh today, And i was shocked to see the size of the car XUV is huge compared to the creta.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 10:06   #530
BHPian
 
PMK-MoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KA51/AP07
Posts: 120
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
Has any one opted for a stronger bulbs for head lamps? If so could you please share details and pictures of the same.
You can find more details on upgrading the stock headlight bulbs from the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
PMK-MoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 11:10   #531
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
After a month of taking the vehicle to office (Thane to Goregaon - Mumbai), I actually find XUV easier to drive in traffic than my Wagon-R or Baleno (now sold).

Points For XUV:
  • Once you find a comfortable seating position, its very easy to control the torquey engine just by modulating the clutch.
  • On slopes, the Hill Hold function saves you the trouble of playing with the ABC pedals. My regular route consists of ups and downs (both hills and flyovers) and I find Hill Hold a boon when you are stuck in traffic on a slope.
  • You tower over sedans and hatches and get a good view of whats happening in the distance, plus you do not feel claustrophobic because of the space on offer.

Against:
  • If you are the kind of driver who likes to weave in and out of traffic, the size would a damper (BTW, these kind of drivers get on my nerves).


Some would say the mHawk engine itself is reason enough to buy the XUV over Creta

I used to wonder how people manage to drive vehicles the size of XUV in traffic, now I know
Completely agree with sumithb, my experience of driving XUV in Bangalore traffic is similar. Its easy to drive and HHC is a boon. You have to respect its size and drive accordingly. Cabs and autos who otherwise nudge you or cut in front you will actually leave the XUV alone and find some other sedan to bully.

In the bumper to bumper traffic in ORR i passed 2 new Cretas & several dusters, I don't particularly find any disadvantage for XUV nor does any advantage for Creta in that traffic.

mHAWK 2.2 eats CRDi 1.6 for breakfast

Last edited by vaspro : 26th August 2015 at 11:10. Reason: Typo
vaspro is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 11:56   #532
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
If you are the kind of driver who likes to weave in and out of traffic, the size would a damper (BTW, these kind of drivers get on my nerves).
Partially True. It only takes a little while to understand the car. But once you have judgement of its dimensions and movability, this is as good as an alto to zip-zap in traffic. Not that I advocate such driving, but I have seen some close friends of mine doing this with their XUVs in broad daylight putting premium hatch backs to shame!

And then look out of instances of Volvo buses doing same in Bangalore Rant thread - they are even bigger and driven with agility of a small car!

So in short this is very subjective topic - to begin with, yes you feel its huge. But after more usage this fear is no more.
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 18:42   #533
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 131
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Funny, I had a call from the dealership again today to remind me of the software patch. Gonna take the vehicle to the service centre on Wednesday.

I am told that the ECU will be flashed with new mapping.
Ok, so my beast is back from the workshop. Two things done:
  1. ECU remap
  2. Infotainment System software upgrade

After the remap, it seems like the engine is breathing easier in the lower rev range, the throttle response seems to be tad direct/quicker (again in the lower range). Haven't had the chance to take the beast on a highway run.

I am told the the Infotainment System upgrade is to fix various bugs people have reported (including yours truly). Lets see what they have managed to fix.
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 19:49   #534
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yes the 6th gear is really good now,
It is actually near perfect product. And still the best available under the 20 lac rupee mark.
Appreciate your view Tanveer, yeah even I expect the autobox to be launched during Diwali Iím also hoping they get the parking lights to DRL canít understand that aspect which is the same in the creta also BTW. The sunset orange is definitely a good color and will consider it since itís a new color and have spotted it on audiís and other cars too. It looks more rust color than orange. I also have a strong pull towards the white because that completes the SUV look. However it is also the best choice for Taxiís and thatís a bummer. What German cars is the white identical to kindly elaborate. I can understand what youíre saying about the purple but dark color SUV give a better/bigger presence on the roads in my opinion but maintenance will be a nightmare with all the possible scratches on Indian roads. Since you also had the white how is it maintenance wise as compared to the new orange.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Dear Vinitbhavi,
Not sure if its a coincidence. Just cant commenting this time. We are in the same boat juggling between Creata & Xuv threads. I am sure there are lots like you and me being silent spectators following both these threads keenly and still being all the more confused not sure which one to go for.

Now comes a million dollar question.... Creta or XUV ?
hey kk28 I agree with you there about the choice getting difficult between creta and xuv. For me personally I would have loved a 2.0 litre duster/ creta/terrano in the 15-120 Lakhs price bracket. This is because I already had a 1.6 and want to upgrade from there and XUV is actually the only option available in those options. Having said that its also the most VFM compared to all others. One thing I don't understand is why XUV is being compared to the above when in fact it should be compared to the aria/storme/fortuner with similar overall sizes. Hyundai have made two big mistakes, 1) not releasing the AWD version 2) Not giving all the bells and whistles in the top end A/T.
Why do these car manufacturers treat Indian customers like that. They are obviously waiting for the initial euphoria to die down and then with dwindling sales introduce all these features in a face lift. The XUV on the other hand has been giving all these important safety features right from its introduction. Whatever one may say about the brand at least they have in part been fair to Indian consumers.

[quote=vaspro;3787105]Vinit, don't jump to conclusions about the brand reliability based on one of incidents. Just compare what Creata top end have to offer vs a XUV W8 or W10 and their price difference then you will understand what value the product offers.

Dear Vaspro,
I'm looking at all the brands as a potential buyer. Once I buy the brand my loyalties will also be with them and so I can understand where you're coming from. Believe me when I say I do believe in Team Mahindra and its obvious from my reply to kk28. However I have read almost the entire thread about niggles and its not all rosy there. Everything is not about VFM or features. Reliability is of major importance. My comparison is not with creta but aria/storme/fortuner/creta and others with a > 2.0 litre . Hope Mahindra quality control improves.
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 20:28   #535
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Dear Vaspro,
I'm looking at all the brands as a potential buyer. Once I buy the brand my loyalties will also be with them and so I can understand where you're coming from. Believe me when I say I do believe in Team Mahindra and its obvious from my reply to kk28. However I have read almost the entire thread about niggles and its not all rosy there. Everything is not about VFM or features. Reliability is of major importance. My comparison is not with creta but aria/storme/fortuner/creta and others with a > 2.0 litre . Hope Mahindra quality control improves.
Vinit, you got me wrong there. What I say about comparison between Creta and XUV is not born out of brand loyalty or as we call it in marketing "positive reinforcement" after the purchase of a product.

I was actually trying decipher Hyundai's strategy behind positioning their product the way they did it. My theory is that, Duster & Terrano positioned their products vis a vis XUV W6 in terms of their pricing. That is sensible given that they cannot compete with W8 feature by feature. However Hyundai obviously trying to avoid price war with Renault Duster and would rather skim the market with their tag of "Premium". Hence they priced Creta (top end) to slot between W6 & W8 pricing. By doing this they have aimed at 2 things:
1. Assert to the market that Duster, Terrano and Ecosport are not their competitors but they are a segment below
2. Assert that they are better than W6 and can give competition to W8 in terms of pricing.

They are hugely helped by the Maruti's S-Cross pricing. Instead of competing with Creta, Maruti priced S-Cross above it and all of a sudden Creta's pricing seems reasonable vis a vis S-Cross. However the original point is, Creta is overpriced for what it offers and it need to compared with its rightful segment i.e. Duster, Terrano and Ecosport

I remember a decade ago Hyundai didn't stand for reliability. Heck even today in my known circle there are people who got a lemon from them. A friend of mine sold his i20 in 8 months due to the niggles he is facing with it. XUV Niggles thread is for owners to share their experience and help each other out, however folks on this forum use this thread as an excuse to use the "broad brush" of reliability.
vaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 23:53   #536
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Vinit, you got me wrong there. What I say about comparison between Creta and XUV is not born out of brand loyalty or as we call it in marketing "positive reinforcement" after the purchase of a product.

I was actually trying decipher Hyundai's strategy behind positioning their product the way they did it. My theory is that, Duster & Terrano positioned their products vis a vis XUV W6 in terms of their pricing. That is sensible given that they cannot compete with W8 feature by feature. However Hyundai obviously trying to avoid price war with Renault Duster and would rather skim the market with their tag of "Premium". Hence they priced Creta (top end) to slot between W6 & W8 pricing. By doing this they have aimed at 2 things:
1. Assert to the market that Duster, Terrano and Ecosport are not their competitors but they are a segment below
2. Assert that they are better than W6 and can give competition to W8 in terms of pricing.

They are hugely helped by the Maruti's S-Cross pricing. Instead of competing with Creta, Maruti priced S-Cross above it and all of a sudden Creta's pricing seems reasonable vis a vis S-Cross. However the original point is, Creta is overpriced for what it offers and it need to compared with its rightful segment i.e. Duster, Terrano and Ecosport

I remember a decade ago Hyundai didn't stand for reliability. Heck even today in my known circle there are people who got a lemon from them. A friend of mine sold his i20 in 8 months due to the niggles he is facing with it. XUV Niggles thread is for owners to share their experience and help each other out, however folks on this forum use this thread as an excuse to use the "broad brush" of reliability.
Fair enough your argument is not based on loyalty but the theory as put forth by you. Again I want to say the creta is not in league of the xuv simply because of it's size and 5 seat limitations. It is a primarily city based suv where it does score over the xuv. Totally agree with you on the S cross. Without an offense to anybody maruti has got it all wrong. It looks like a blown up hatchback more than anything else. The niggles forum is very constructive and but obvious that potential buyers will look into it to see what they are in for. This is one among many niggles threads for cars like storme and others. The only difference is that this list is longer than required.
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 11:32   #537
Senior - BHPian
 
faithless_1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Team, we have almost finalized this as our next car. Although the niggles being mentioned here are discouraging but the overall package is too good to resist.
Before giving the booking amount would appreciate any input from people who just bought it or have booked it recently regarding the deal they got. The sales rep (Shiva Autocar) i had a word with said that the company is still not giving any offers/discounts, i find that hard to believe. We are interested in the W4 variant. Thanks.
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 12:48   #538
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 380
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Team, we have almost finalized this as our next car. Although the niggles being mentioned here are discouraging but the overall package is too good to resist.
Before giving the booking amount would appreciate any input from people who just bought it or have booked it recently regarding the deal they got. The sales rep (Shiva Autocar) i had a word with said that the company is still not giving any offers/discounts, i find that hard to believe. We are interested in the W4 variant. Thanks.
This is what I am hearing from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. But the sales man promised about free Teflon coating and under chassis coating other than usual car mats
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 15:33   #539
Senior - BHPian
 
faithless_1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
This is what I am hearing from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. But the sales man promised about free Teflon coating and under chassis coating other than usual car mats
Typical dealership hogwash ,see this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-new-cars.html (Teflon Coating - Harmful on new cars?)

Am sure ill get the same reply when ill visit the showroom next week so will be prepared for it.
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 16:05   #540
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 209
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Before giving the booking amount would appreciate any input from people who just bought it or have booked it recently regarding the deal they got. The sales rep (Shiva Autocar) i had a word with said that the company is still not giving any offers/discounts, i find that hard to believe. We are interested in the W4 variant. Thanks.
They reduced the insurance amount by ₹10k for W10 when I bought it a month back. Few thousands of discount on accessories (side step). Overall not much of discount.
Indian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review S2!!! Official New Car Reviews 295 10th December 2016 16:56
My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home Diesel9999 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th December 2015 21:48
Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 201 22nd December 2015 13:45
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh uday.ere The Indian Car Scene 481 15th June 2015 17:04
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:17.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks