Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 14:13   #1426
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 303
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Ah, but there is no other indication other than the LED on the AWD lock button when you engage AWD lock.
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 14:21   #1427
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Ah, but there is no other indication other than the LED on the AWD lock button when you engage AWD lock.
There is an indicator that comes on in the central console, where we have the other lights. Refer to page 4-3 of the manual. I know because I once accidentally activated the AWD lock and the light came on.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-awd.png  

ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 14:24   #1428
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 303
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

I saw that when I read the manual, but I thought the light being on continuously was a malfunction indicator.

Now I will take the car slushing and try AWD lock. Lets see if the light comes on.
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 14:42   #1429
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Ah, but there is no other indication other than the LED on the AWD lock button when you engage AWD lock.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
There is an indicator that comes on in the central console, where we have the other lights. Refer to page 4-3 of the manual. I know because I once accidentally activated the AWD lock and the light came on.

Hii guys it's really heartening to know so many fellow members have gone in for the AWD on their cheetah's . Reaffirms the need for the AWD to be part of the SUV Dna.
Some information on the AWD can be found here

As per them the xuv is always FWD and only gets into the AWD mode when the on board computer decides or one locks the AWD.
Also wanted to know if it gets disengaged after a particular speed. For example in the Duster, awd gets disconnected beyond 60 kmph.
Pillainp awaiting your drive in the slush and see the cheetah in action. Mumbai rains will only be here after bangalore so will have to wait that much longer.
Looks like in the early cheetah the AWD indication detected faulty system. In the face-lift avatar may remain on at awd lock. Will have to RnD

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 24th May 2016 at 14:43.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 21:59   #1430
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 303
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Link to my 1st service report in the XUV500 Automativ Official Review thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3981716 (Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review)

Also, I tried the classic XUV BlueSense app on purple monster, and it does not seem to work. It keeps telling me to connect the phone to the infotainment system. I seem to have forgotten if I did something special to connect the New Age app to the car.

Could more experienced heads please elucidate?

Last edited by pillainp : 24th May 2016 at 22:01.
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 23:01   #1431
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Link to my 1st service report in the XUV500 Automativ Official Review thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3981716 (Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review)

Also, I tried the classic XUV BlueSense app on purple monster, and it does not seem to work. It keeps telling me to connect the phone to the infotainment system. I seem to have forgotten if I did something special to connect the New Age app to the car.

Could more experienced heads please elucidate?

Hii it was good to read your detailed service report. I also believe (being a marine engineer) we call all our ships SHE and same absolutely applies to the cheetah. IMHO any vehicle carrying us with so much love and care has to be a SHE.
The really pro active approach at least at your dealership is a welcome sign. The fact that the app and actual on ground activity synchronization works is an additional bonus. Some pictures after the service of the PM would be great.
Happy munching miles.
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 23:25   #1432
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 303
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

I am really sorry for not posting any after-service pics of PM. It was past 6:30 in the evening by the time I was able to leave the MASS, and it was starting to rain. Beisdes I had to go pick up the wife and kids and then go home, so I did not take any snaps. I will try and take a pic to post tomorrow.
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 23:32   #1433
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 1,247 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
There is an indicator that comes on in the central console, where we have the other lights. Refer to page 4-3 of the manual. I know because I once accidentally activated the AWD lock and the light came on.
That is strange! I had cleared this at the time of taking the delivery if the lamp switches on if we activate AWD lock but they firmly said only the button lit's up, Only if there is a malfunction then the instrument cluster would show the AWD symbol, And till now i have pressed the AWD lock button several times but never even once the AWD lamp turned on at the instrument cluster, Is there anything i am missing here?
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 00:15   #1434
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I am really sorry for not posting any after-service pics of PM. It was past 6:30 in the evening by the time I was able to leave the MASS, and it was starting to rain. Beisdes I had to go pick up the wife and kids and then go home, so I did not take any snaps. I will try and take a pic to post tomorrow.
No worries good news is that it has started to rain . So it's not going to be too long till it arrives in Mumbai. Perfect time to try out the AWD in all the slush and muck. Looking forward to seeing the pictures soon.
Still awaiting a call back from mahindra with you hamesha
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 10:11   #1435
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
That is strange! I had cleared this at the time of taking the delivery if the lamp switches on if we activate AWD lock but they firmly said only the button lit's up, Only if there is a malfunction then the instrument cluster would show the AWD symbol, And till now i have pressed the AWD lock button several times but never even once the AWD lamp turned on at the instrument cluster, Is there anything i am missing here?
You are right. And

This happened a week after I took the delivery. I was waiting at the signal, and I saw the AWD light in the instrument cluster. When I glanced at the AWD lock button, I saw that it was activated. I switched it off, and also switched of the car, as the light was going to be red for a long time. When I came home and read the pdf manual, I interpreted the light on instrument cluster as an indication that my AWD is activated. If you see the screenshot I have posted, it says under the remarks column: Indicates AWD is activated.

Tried locking AWD today, and there is no light on the instrument cluster. Maybe there was a minor malfunction in the sensor back then...
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 10:38   #1436
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 303
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

I checked on the AWD lock yesterday.

All thst happens when the AWD lock button is pressed is that the button's LED lights up. There is no icon on the display.

However this was done with the car at a standstill, and I could not check it while running.

Sadly, I was forced off the road today by a TN trucker and the car ran over a rather large stone (almost a rock). I could hear the rock scraping along the underbody.

Will probably take the car to TVS in the afternoon to lift and check if any damage has been done.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 11:40   #1437
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii ajay what I meant was reflection from the twin dials read the ODO not the infotainment system which is covered by the cowl. I have noticed it today again as well.
A few tubelights in the basement parking were not working and I noticed the reflections.

1. The twin dials of the ODO are reflected on the top of the windscreen and also the drivers side window- fortunately they are not too distracting, and I feel that we can block those out mentally.

2. The infotainment system was also reflecting on the top of the windscreen- towards the right of the IVRM! This inspite of the cowl being introduced in the refresh model to address this issue.

Mahindra has a long way to go in the fit and finish department. My glove box edge actually protrudes out (the upper compartment) towards the non-drivers end. I used to think that it is a part of the design, and then later realized that it was misaligned. Goes in, when you press hard, but comes out again once you open and close the lid. The service center tried aligning it, but without success.
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 12:20   #1438
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 1,247 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
You are right. And

This happened a week after I took the delivery. I was waiting at the signal, and I saw the AWD light in the instrument cluster. When I glanced at the AWD lock button, I saw that it was activated. I switched it off, and also switched of the car, as the light was going to be red for a long time. When I came home and read the pdf manual, I interpreted the light on instrument cluster as an indication that my AWD is activated. If you see the screenshot I have posted, it says under the remarks column: Indicates AWD is activated.

Tried locking AWD today, and there is no light on the instrument cluster. Maybe there was a minor malfunction in the sensor back then...
Phew, After activating AWD lock, It stays on regardless of what speeds your doing, It does not disengage even after crossing 100 kph, Also i too had the malfunction AWD symbol on the instrument cluster once which was yellow in colour and it went away by simply restarting the car.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 15:57   #1439
BHPian
 
nd4$pd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
There is an indicator that comes on in the central console, where we have the other lights. Refer to page 4-3 of the manual. I know because I once accidentally activated the AWD lock and the light came on.
Mahindra contradicts itself in the same manual (on page 11-11 it says):
"11.10.2 AWD Lock
The AWD warning lamp in the cluster illuminates when there is a
malfunction in the AWD system."


In my AWD XUV, I have driven with AWD lock on and the lamp in the instrument cluster did not light up.

So either you need to check your AWD system or I need to check mine

Last edited by nd4$pd : 25th May 2016 at 16:00.
nd4$pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 16:11   #1440
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
So either you need to check your AWD system or I need to check mine
No one needs to check anything, refer to #1435 and #1438
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift : Official Review S2!!! Official New Car Reviews 295 10th December 2016 16:56
My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home Diesel9999 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th December 2015 21:48
Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 201 22nd December 2015 13:45
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh uday.ere The Indian Car Scene 481 15th June 2015 17:04
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks