Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 27th July 2015, 15:50   #241
BANNED

Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
Hi guys, I am new to this community (my first post) and honestly the Storme has got me hooked on to Team-BHP, it sure helps to keep updating myself through everyone's experiences since the waiting period for a Silver 4x4 at Pune-Concorde is undefined!! Booked my Storme on 5th July and yet to get a confirmed delivery date.

So I had made my choice, Storme - Silver - 4x4. Finally, I start negotiations feeling like im calling a Govt. organizations salesperson least interested in selling the most expensive model of Storme.

I decide to personally visit Concorde motors and deal with this, the sales person dissuades me from buying a 4x4 however, this is the only showroom which did not give me a private vehicle for a test drive. (one of the selling points in my opinion). So I give up and book the 4x4 against their will and receive a delivery commitment of 30-45 days!!

Since the day of booking, delivery date has not been confirmed and I have not received a VIN number as yet but they are ensuring me that I shall get the delivery by end august.

It has been the worst booking experience and I am hoping it is up hill from here.

My 10 most important observations post test drive-
1. Comfort is unmatchable
2. Clutch is best in its class
3. Turbo lag is not noticeable
4. Engine noise even though minimal still prevalent at high RPM
5. Since I am a first timer I did not even feel the body roll!
6. Last row is very difficult to get into and out of from the back door
7. Finish is not up to the mark as yet - leather seat cover should have been offered with the VX at least
8. Infotainment system is missing
9. Automatic climate control is missing
10. Everybody makes way and you can actually see it because of the great visibility!!

All said and done, I believe that the new Storme is a great 4x4 option available keeping in mind that there is no competition to it in this price range of 15-20 lakhs (not considering AWD). One can use it for city/highway driving and enjoy off-roading as well. I don't think Thar or Fortuner can do that without breaking your back literally or otherwise.

Siki 2010, I too had booked the Storme 4X4 (Arctic Silver) . However, since there was no visibility on the delivery time for the vehicle, I changed my coplor choice to Urban Bronze. In retrospect, I am happy that I opted for the Urban Bronze as it looks more striking than Silver. In case you are ok for a different color please have a word with the Tata Motors Regional Head and he may be help you get your vehicle faster.

The Storme does have a very capable ICE. It does not have navigation and MID but the Harmon Kardon System does give excellent quality output. One thing I miss is the temerature gauge whichwas there in the earlier version. There is no reason to remove it. I don't know what will TML gain by removing the temperature gauge

I yesterday took Rustom for the getting the Anti Rust treatment at Concorde Motors Workshop at Mathura Road. I also got the Alignment done ( FOC) as the vehicle wass pulling to one side.

Other than that the vehicle is doing well. I have completed a little ove 550 Km in 15 days. It is best experienced on Highways and open roads.
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 16:26   #242
BHPian

Thank you Rajneesh for your inspiring words! However, I think I shall wait for my colour. I was offered a white Storme's delivery within 10 days last week and at that point that I realised that Mumbai local trains are treating me well during monsoons so why not make the wait sweeter.

I like the Storme in all colours, though I wont be able to maintain the ones sensitive to dust and scratches. Nonetheless, Silver it shall be this time & maybe she would like to be a black Range rover sports when she grows up!
siki1010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 20:12   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Finally my Storme has arrived. I went in to check the vehicle at the stockyard today. Blame it on the expensive real estate in Delhi down town but the location is good enough for an off road trial. Initially I was fuming on how badly the new vehicles are stocked, but couldn't help smiling when I saw the black guy. Parked in foot long grass it seemed to be in surroundings best suited. Wednesday it is when I drive it home.
Congratulations Libra. You had the patience to wait for the colour of your choice. BTW Tata Motors has a monsoon fest on where in they are offering discounts on accessories. You can avail of the reduced prices during this offer.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 20:24   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Congratulations Libra. You had the patience to wait for the colour of your choice. BTW Tata Motors has a monsoon fest on where in they are offering discounts on accessories. You can avail of the reduced prices during this offer.
Thank you Rajneesh, this is a great suggestion . Surprisingly the accessories person didn't even say a word on this .
Libra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 17:56   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Even I got a call from Tata Motors for the feedback related to recent servicing of my Storme and they mentioned about the Monsoon Camp which not only included discounts on accessories rather quite good discounts on spare parts too.

In the feedback that I provided, I mentioned to them that they should instruct the service centers to pass on these information to the customers.
iabhishekkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 19:58   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my Storme has arrived. I went in to check the vehicle at the stockyard today. Blame it on the expensive real estate in Delhi down town but the location is good enough for an off road trial. Initially I was fuming on how badly the new vehicles are stocked, but couldn't help smiling when I saw the black guy. Parked in foot long grass it seemed to be in surroundings best suited. Wednesday it is when I drive it home.
Congratulations!!! Hope you would be posting the picture of the black beauty after you drive it home.
aviddenis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 21:42   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviddenis View Post
Congratulations!!! Hope you would be posting the picture of the black beauty after you drive it home.
Most certainly. Thank you very much
Old 29th July 2015, 16:34   #248
BHPian

Hi All,

Request your advice on a few things. I am starting on a road trip from Kanyakumari to Leh on 4th Aug. The plan is to leave for Bangalore from Gurgaon on 3rd evening by flight and start the journey from Kanyakumari on 4th Aug. The journey till Gurgaon (Bangalore - Kanyakumari - Gurgaon) will be in Honda City and from Gurgaon to leh via Sangla, Spiti and Chandratal would be on my Storme. My storme is completing 1 month tomoroow and driven 2500 Kms so far. I need to get the 1st free service done to ensure a smooth journey. The advice I neeed is on:

1. A good TASC in Gurgaon - I stay in Manesar and the concorde dealers are too far away at Mathura Road and Patparganj.
2. Any specific things I may want the service advisor to focus on? (in light of the upcoming trip)
3. After the service do I still need to do any preventive steps enroute (cleaning of Air filters / checking of brake linings etc) either at Leh or Kaza

I have read all travelogues by Tanveer, HVK and other distinguished drivers on Leh so I am reasonably prepared in terms of spares/fuses/tow ropes etc. I have driven in some circuits of this terrain earlier in my sedan as a fairly confident and competent driver. But with my truck only 1 month old and first time being driven on this terrain, I will be more of a rookie driver. So any and all advice for the trip apart from the question raised above will be most welcome as well.
aviddenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 23:00   #249
BHPian

The first few pictures
Attached Images

Libra is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 00:43   #250
BHPian

Congrats Libra, wish you many more happy miles on storme!

Storme looks really good in black.
BipB is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 07:59   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Congrats Libra, wish you many more happy miles on storme!

Storme looks really good in black.
Thank you, black looks fabulous to me . I am looking for nice 4x4 stickers. Any idea where can I get them?
Old 30th July 2015, 10:21   #252
BHPian

Congrats Once again Libra! Black really looks cool.

On a side note, my DC completes exactly 1 month today and I have yet to be provided the RC despite multiple follow ups with Concorde Motors. I seriously suspect that TML and Concorde Motors live in a parallel universe where time moves at an entirely different speed.
aviddenis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 11:10   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviddenis View Post
Congrats Once again Libra! Black really looks cool.

On a side note, my DC completes exactly 1 month today and I have yet to be provided the RC despite multiple follow ups with Concorde Motors. I seriously suspect that TML and Concorde Motors live in a parallel universe where time moves at an entirely different speed.
Thank you. On the positive side of things I would like to believe that the multiple challenges in the buying process exist only to prepare you for the hardships that lie ahead, read TASS.
Old 30th July 2015, 11:15   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, black looks fabulous to me . I am looking for nice 4x4 stickers. Any idea where can I get them?
Ask your TASC if they have the 4x4 stickers/decals that were used on the Safari Dicor 2.2 4x4. They look really good, but not wannabe and in your face.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 11:57   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Libra, 99rpm has the original 4x4 sticker that Safari used to have.
http://www.99rpm.com/tata/emblems-2-2-vtt-safari.html

For better ones, Ebay off course!

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/4x4-decals
BipB is online now   Reply With Quote