Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2015, 08:20   #301
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 972
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
What is that cable hanging underside ? It can be seen prominently in a couple of the photos.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
I believe its the cable which holds the underbody spare in place, it seems to be wound out.
It is the winch which holds the spare tyre. In this case the spare tyre has been removed so the winch is left hanging, nothing to worry about.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 16:49   #302
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,061
Thanked: 2,194 Times
Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
This evening while reversing the car, the sensors started showing the Stop sign. There was no obstruction. This continued as I checked at three four different spots. After half an hour of drive the problem went away. Can anybody explain the phenomenon?
Most likely due to dirt on one of the sensors causing an incorrect indication.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 09:12   #303
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,662
Thanked: 744 Times
Default Visit to Tata Dealer

Dealer: Oberai Motors, Dehradun

So I went for a routine service for my 105000 Kms run 3.0L Tata Safari VX 4X4.

I saw the new Storme. Yes I was floored by the build quality compared to mine. The way the doors close and the new interiors. Its quite a please vehicle to be in now.
So I inquired for a TD. No dedicated TD vehicle, so they were ready to give me a TD in a customer vehicle. I refused! That vehicle might be someone's dream come true. Just not right!
So NO TD!
Then I ask them to evaluate my Safari and tell me what kind of a deal they can offer me for a new Storme 4X4.
Told them my car is with them for the whole day at service and they can do it and let me know when I come back to pick it up.

Evening 5:30 at the dealership and no evaluation is done even when the vehicle was standing with them for the whole day. Then I ask the Sr. Sales Manager to get it done in another 20 minutes and I would wait.
Went to talk to the Service Manager. Quite some revalations:
  • No. of vehicles serviced have halved.
  • Sales have halved.
  • People who buy new cars have been coming back in 2 or 3 days because of issues.
So after these revealing 20 minutes, I come back and find that no one has inspected or evaluated my safari.
I just say nothing and drive off. Good riddance! If this is the response and behavior of the dealer before even selling the vehicle, I can't imagine what will happen if and when I have a problem with the vehicle.


These guys were not in this condition when I bought my present safari in 2007. Looks like I'll have to head to a FNG to get my safari serviced from now on and maybe ask some other company to evaluate and then buy another vehicle.
I have been inclined for the Scorpio since a long time but tried the storme for the sake of my parents who love the safari look. Seems they will also now have to be satisfied with the scorpio and its looks.
navpreet318 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 09:59   #304
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,828
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Visit to Tata Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
  • No. of vehicles serviced have halved.
  • Sales have halved.
With this kind of attitude, it would no wonder that HIS sales have dropped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
  • People who buy new cars have been coming back in 2 or 3 days because of issues.
Load of BS !! If that was true, how many Storme's did you see at the service centre ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 10:07   #305
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,662
Thanked: 744 Times
Default Re: Visit to Tata Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
................Load of BS !! If that was true, how many Storme's did you see at the service centre ?

Well I did see 2 storms in another section of the service center with official Tata service folks surrounding them. Was not interested hence did not enquire as to what was happening. One was the new one.

As for regular service there were 2 new ones and 1 old storm and around 5 safaris. One with electrical issue like my safari. The Headlight fuse had fried and melted into the fuse box.
This is what perplexed them. Stock electricals and bulbs and one in a 2007 Safari and another in a 2015 Storme and both in the service center together.
What are the odds.

Edit: I'll tell you my case. We had to take the safari back after 2 days of buying it. And then back again after another 4 days. ANd then back after another 2 weeks:

1. Power steering oil leaked: Banjo bolt loose.
2. The steering column grinded against an AC pipe and all the AC gas leaked off.
3. The AC fuse kept conking off! They just could not diagnose the reason so they just used a 5 ampere higher fuse. Weird!

Last edited by navpreet318 : 18th August 2015 at 10:13.
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 19:02   #306
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Visit to Tata Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I have been inclined for the Scorpio since a long time but tried the storme for the sake of my parents who love the safari look. Seems they will also now have to be satisfied with the scorpio and its looks.
Your experience is quite bad but mine has been totally different. When I had gone for my last service for the Storme (30k KMS ), I asked the CRM to get the sales person of the same dealership to contact me for a possible exchange of my old Vista for the Bolt. I got a call promptly and its been 4 months now and this sales guy has met me around 3-4 times, once with the used car surveyor, once with his boss. He calls me atleast once in 15 days and enquires about my decision. I have frankly not been able to make up my mind because I can live with all the other short comings of the Tata brand, but the resale value kills you when you try to sell a Tata.

So in a way be happy they did not evaluate your Safari. Also if you like the Storme, it would be quite hasty to base your new car buying decision on the basis of behaviour of a few individuals at a service center. Of course, if you like the Scorpio, you should give it a serious thought because, whatever short coming it might ( and I am not saying it has ) have against the Storme, you will have a queue of buyers when you try to sell it. So take your pick.
narayan is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 22:36   #307
BHPian
 
nerd1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 93
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

A little OT people, I guess the 2015 Safari Storme TD vehicles have reached Bangalore. On my way to office, I noticed the 2015 Safari Storme TD vehicle in front of KHT Motors (Brookefield). If KHT has it, so should Concorde.

Will call them up this weekend!
nerd1200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 10:28   #308
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Visit to Tata Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Well I did see 2 storms in another section of the service center with official Tata service folks surrounding them. Was not interested hence did not enquire as to what was happening. One was the new one.

As for regular service there were 2 new ones and 1 old storm and around 5 safaris. One with electrical issue like my safari. The Headlight fuse had fried and melted into the fuse box.
This is what perplexed them. Stock electricals and bulbs and one in a 2007 Safari and another in a 2015 Storme and both in the service center together.
What are the odds.

Edit: I'll tell you my case. We had to take the safari back after 2 days of buying it. And then back again after another 4 days. ANd then back after another 2 weeks:

1. Power steering oil leaked: Banjo bolt loose.
2. The steering column grinded against an AC pipe and all the AC gas leaked off.
3. The AC fuse kept conking off! They just could not diagnose the reason so they just used a 5 ampere higher fuse. Weird!
Hi Navpreet,

I agree that the service is poor though TATA has done a great job with this Storme " fingers crossed".

Its been 13 days with 800 kms clocked and no mechanical/electrical issues so far.

Small niggles are healthy horse play and are a must if one is an enthusiast!

If you are looking to exchange your old Safari for either Scorpio or Storme, I suggest do read the new Scorpio's review by "S2".

Good luck on your new purchase and looking forward to your decision!
siki1010 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 11:05   #309
BHPian
 
iabhishekkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 71
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Visit to Tata Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
Hi Navpreet,

I agree that the service is poor though TATA has done a great job with this Storme " fingers crossed".

Its been 13 days with 800 kms clocked and no mechanical/electrical issues so far.

Small niggles are healthy horse play and are a must if one is an enthusiast!

If you are looking to exchange your old Safari for either Scorpio or Storme, I suggest do read the new Scorpio's review by "S2".

Good luck on your new purchase and looking forward to your decision!
I agree to the point made by siki1010. I have just completed 16000 kms and 10 months of ownership and it has been a pleasure driving safari. It has indeed come a long way in terms of technology and refinement levels. It has been a niggle free drive so far.

I have had a good time so far with the service too. Have been attended with utmost respect every time and the beast has been take care off in the best possible manner.

I always get my safari serviced at Urmill Motors, Ghaziabad and always depend on only one service advisor there, whose name is Mr. Paramveer Singh. He is very helpful and has a habit of going into the minutest of details and explains them to me in great detail too.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 13:03   #310
BHPian
 
Fortuner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mysore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Visit to Tata Dealer

Yes Tata has come a long way my strome has done 58000 in 2.5 yrs with no issues .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
I agree to the point made by siki1010. I have just completed 16000 kms and 10 months of ownership and it has been a pleasure driving safari. It has indeed come a long way in terms of technology and refinement levels. It has been a niggle free drive so far.

I have had a good time so far with the service too. Have been attended with utmost respect every time and the beast has been take care off in the best possible manner.

I always get my safari serviced at Urmill Motors, Ghaziabad and always depend on only one service advisor there, whose name is Mr. Paramveer Singh. He is very helpful and has a habit of going into the minutest of details and explains them to me in great detail too.

Cheers!
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 01:23   #311
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 68
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

The driver side door of my Storme does not open when I stop after a short drive. Since the doors auto lock at 20 km/ hour, I presume one can open the door lock manually and get off. At this point, when I try to open the lock it automatically locks again. This continues even of I use the key to lock / unlock. I have had to roll the window down and open the door from outside. Any suggestions?
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 01:43   #312
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,061
Thanked: 2,194 Times
Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
The driver side door of my Storme does not open when I stop after a short drive. Since the doors auto lock at 20 km/ hour, I presume one can open the door lock manually and get off. At this point, when I try to open the lock it automatically locks again. This continues even of I use the key to lock / unlock. I have had to roll the window down and open the door from outside. Any suggestions?
Water seems to have made its way into the locking plunger/motor. It's needs to either be replaced or removed and dried. If in warranty it will be replaced foc.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 07:29   #313
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,662
Thanked: 744 Times
Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
The driver side door of my Storme does not open when I stop after a short drive. Since the doors auto lock at 20 km/ hour, I presume one can open the door lock manually and get off. At this point, when I try to open the lock it automatically locks again. This continues even of I use the key to lock / unlock. I have had to roll the window down and open the door from outside. Any suggestions?
Someone had just mentioned that the new stormes having initial problems was just blah blah. Well what are the odds of having one right here on our forum.

That should be a bad sensor ie. the one that senses speed and auto locks. Get it inspected at the dealership. It should be a foc job.
Just make sure you instruct them to handle that door panel carefully and fit it back properly. Take a test drive after fitment to confirm that there are no vibrations etc from the door.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 22nd August 2015 at 07:33.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 15:34   #314
BHPian
 
iabhishekkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 71
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Got the Star Mats for Tata Safari Storme. Good fit for the beast and looks nice. It matches the overall theme of the interiors. Got myself the same from Amazon.

http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...r_mats_107.htm

I got the following model:

"Star Car Mats Sigma 3D Floor Mat for Tata Safari Storme (Beige, Full Set)"

Some pics of the same...

Let me know your valuable feedbacks

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image1.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image2.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image3.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image4.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image5.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image6.jpg  

iabhishekkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 14:00   #315
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 68
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Went to the concorde workshop this morning. The door handle of the driver side door was not travelling all the way back. This led to the lever being in open position even with the door closed. Resultantly, I wasn't able to manually open the door from inside. Five minutes with a sand paper and some lubricant, the lever moved fine.
Libra is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review tsk1979 Official New Car Reviews 4390 23rd November 2016 16:37
Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review tsk1979 Official New Car Reviews 198 26th November 2015 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks