Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 6th October 2015, 17:41   #406
BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

5,200kms done. Touch-wood, no failures so far! Highway runs returns approximately 13.9kmpl with A/C on. Happy with the beast for the second time!

Upgrades: Got Osram night breaker unlimited for both dim and bright bulbs and LC decals.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-_dsc0022.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-_dsc0026.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-_dsc0029.jpg  

BipB is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 21:52   #407
BHPian

Celebrated the 1st birthday of "The STORME of my life" on 5th October. It has been truly a privilege to drive this beast. Always brings a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Beast enjoyed the spa services a lot.

Attaching below is the beast against an awesome background. Hope you all like it.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_0631.jpg  

iabhishekkumar is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 09:42   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
5,200kms done. Touch-wood, no failures so far! Highway runs returns approximately 13.9kmpl with A/C on. Happy with the beast for the second time!

Upgrades: Got Osram night breaker unlimited for both dim and bright bulbs and LC decals.
Hi BipB,

Many congratulations for the first 5000 kms. I wish you many more miles of niggle free drive. Thanks for sharing the pics.

A couple of questions for you...

1. Did you upgrade to Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H7 55W as the same specification is mentioned in the safari storme manual for headlamps? How much did they cost you? Also, I am hoping that you had to purchase 2 sets of them (i.e. 4 headlamps - 2 for high beam and 2 for low beam aka projector lights)? I am also thinking of upgrading the same.

2. The decals look awesome on the beast and gives it an enhanced feel in terms of overall looks. How much did they cost you?

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 12:47   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Hi BipB,

Many congratulations for the first 5000 kms. I wish you many more miles of niggle free drive. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cheers!
Thanks Abhishek. Pretty happy with the beast so far.

Osram night breaker unlimited is of the same specification as in Storme. H7 12 V 55W. Had to buy 4 bulbs in total, 2 each for high and low beams. I bought it from eBay. Try autolampen-hsk. I had bought night breakers for my old Dicor as well from them. They are quite fast in order processing and shipping. Cost was around 62$ for 4 bulbs, including shipping to Saudi Arabia (where I work). In today’s exchange rate that is approximately INR 1,010/- per bulb. 2015 Storme already has Osram H7 which is pretty good as well. I couldn’t find out whether they are night breakers or any other type.

Decals are from Toyota, land cruiser 2011 model. Costed 500 SAR, approximately INR 8,600. There are cheaper versions available, but they normally last for a year or two. This one should stay on for at least 3 to 4 years without color fading.
BipB is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 15:13   #410
Senior - BHPian

A couple of times in the past few days I've noticed the temperature readout on the dashboard showing 51-52 degree C (when the ambient temperature would have been max low to mid 30s).

This was both times when the truck was on the run.

Just checked again post lunch by switching on the ignition - showed 35 (about accurate).

I do not know if this is new or has been happening before, because I usually have the display set to Trip meter B (my mileage from last tankful) and run it like that.

Would appreciate the inputs of other old Stormers here please (as the new ones do not have the temp sensor).

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2015, 10:08   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
A couple of times in the past few days I've noticed the temperature readout on the dashboard showing 51-52 degree C (when the ambient temperature would have been max low to mid 30s).

This was both times when the truck was on the run.

Just checked again post lunch by switching on the ignition - showed 35 (about accurate).

I do not know if this is new or has been happening before, because I usually have the display set to Trip meter B (my mileage from last tankful) and run it like that.

Would appreciate the inputs of other old Stormers here please (as the new ones do not have the temp sensor).

Cheers, Doc
Hello Sir,

I also have the ambient temperature sensor installed on my Storme. I have driven long distance with the MID on temperature mode but did not notice any abnormal display. I would however check the same for a day or two and then come back with the findings.

One question though; does the temperature display continue showing the incorrect temperature continously or it just pops up now and then and resets to correct temperature automatically within seconds?
Cheers!

Last edited by iabhishekkumar : 11th October 2015 at 10:09. Reason: wording
iabhishekkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2015, 10:20   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Hello Sir,

I also have the ambient temperature sensor installed on my Storme. I have driven long distance with the MID on temperature mode but did not notice any abnormal display. I would however check the same for a day or two and then come back with the findings.

One question though; does the temperature display continue showing the incorrect temperature continously or it just pops up now and then and resets to correct temperature automatically within seconds?
Cheers!
On the drive back from office last evening, as it was getting dark, it was 50 on startup. Rose to 51 the 52 and stayed there till shutdown (almost dark).

Have taken photos, trying to get a bit of the sky into the frame.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 11:30   #413
ISO
BANNED

@BipB

Your Safari is looking majestic. Please consider starting ownership thread for the same.

Pardon my ignorance. Is the bulb for 'projector head lamp' is different that of normal headlamp?
ISO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 14:41   #414
BHPian

Thank you ISO. Both bulbs are the same, H7, 12V 55W.
BipB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 11:25   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
On the drive back from office last evening, as it was getting dark, it was 50 on startup. Rose to 51 the 52 and stayed there till shutdown (almost dark).

Have taken photos, trying to get a bit of the sky into the frame.
Hi Sir,

Checked the ambient temperature readings on the beast while on runs and did not see any abnormal behavior whatsoever. The sensor detected temperatures between 27 - 35 degrees which is quite accurate.

Maybe the sensor might have gone bad.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 13:42   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Do you see any difference with the OSRAM NB+ against the OEM bulbs? Specially the low beam (projector)? Please share your thoughts.
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 13:51   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

nice decals.....where did you get them from. my Storme is also a pearl white VX so am keen on getting these.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 14:06   #418
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
nice decals.....where did you get them from. my Storme is also a pearl white VX so am keen on getting these.
He already mentioned that in post 409

"Decals are from Toyota, land cruiser 2011 model. Costed 500 SAR, approximately INR 8,600. There are cheaper versions available, but they normally last for a year or two. This one should stay on for at least 3 to 4 years without color fading."
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 14:56   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Do you see any difference with the OSRAM NB+ against the OEM bulbs? Specially the low beam (projector)? Please share your thoughts.
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 18:22   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
To be honest, on the low beam the improvement is not that great. But on high beam it is better with a longer throw.

BTW, is there a way you can turn on the high beam only? When I switch to high beam, both the high beam and projector lamps are on. Is it normal?
BipB is offline   Reply With Quote