Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2016, 11:51   #1531
BHPian
 
ToyotaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Meerut
Posts: 313
Thanked: 155 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Btw, does your windscreen has that RFID tag on the top left corner? Will this be transferred to the new windscreen? Do post the updates after the replacement is done.
Yes my car does have the RFID tag. I don't know what will happen to that. The windscreen is huge and considering its a relatively new model am sceptical where I should get the work done. Should I go to the Honda ASS or any other place you recommend. I availed 10k NCB off on insurance while buying the car and don't have a zero dep insurance as well so more inclined not to claim insurance.
ToyotaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 12:02   #1532
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,196
Thanked: 1,762 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Had a very unfortunate incident tonight. Due to storm in Delhi a eucalyptus branch fell on the windscreen of my car at 2am today. There's a big crack in the upper portion midway between the driver and the co passenger. I have a 50% NCB on my August 2015 Jazz. Can anyone give me an estimate how much will it cost and should I be claiming insurance or paying from the pocket. Have the full NCB on all my cars as thankfully there's never been a need to make a claim hence the question.
Check out Windshield Experts; service/quality-wise they are on par with A.S.S. but cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Besides, the SaintGobain workshop told me that even if I claim the insurance I will still have to pay him extra. Not sure what these 'extra' charges were as my dad had taken the car to the workshop.
That's for the sealant that glues the glass/rubber to the chasis; Insurance doesn't cover that. I think we paid somewhere around 1200 for the Zen's rear windshield.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 15:26   #1533
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Ashish

1) Ask them to check the refrigerant level, and check for any leakage (If cooling is not up to the normal level)
2) Electrical connector to compressor - check whether it is connected properly or loose (If no cool air, but just AC blower is running)
Thank you.
I'm gonna service her on Saturday. I fully intend to stay there in the workshop all day.
What I noticed is the ac cools as long as the car is in motion. The moment it slows down out haults, it's back to normal air.
I'm also getting a hiss sound whenever the refrigerant starts circulating.
ashishk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 07:11   #1534
BHPian
 
DieselTorq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
The windscreen is huge and considering its a relatively new model am sceptical where I should get the work done. Should I go to the Honda ASS or any other place you recommend.
Hi Toyota Fan,

Sorry to hear the damage to your windshield. Now that you gonna change the windshield to a new one with your funding is there a possibility to get it replaced by a 'Heat absorbing windshield' (similar to ones provided in Amaze,BRV etc - Its mentioned at the Feature list of these models and not in Jazz's) if at all there is one available for this newer generation Jazz?
DieselTorq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 15:51   #1535
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KA
Posts: 336
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Guys, I have a tricky question coming up for you and this means a lot to me. This is targeted to all the existing owners.

Do you regret your decision to buy the Jazz ? I request you not to be diplomatic or say a yes simply because you already bought it.

I will be in the market in 1 month for my next Car and owning a Jazz was always aspirational for me.

We have a Honda City at home, had a Brio in India and own a CRV here at DE. So, never had a chance to own anything else apart from a Honda. I really like there Cars but the quality issues are really making me nervous.

Thanks a ton in advance for helping me out in making an informed decision.

Cheers.. Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 16:18   #1536
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Guys, I have a tricky question coming up for you and this means a lot to me. This is targeted to all the existing owners.

Do you regret your decision to buy the Jazz ? I request you not to be diplomatic or say a yes simply because you already bought it.

I will be in the market in 1 month for my next Car and owning a Jazz was always aspirational for me.

We have a Honda City at home, had a Brio in India and own a CRV here at DE. So, never had a chance to own anything else apart from a Honda. I really like there Cars but the quality issues are really making me nervous.

Thanks a ton in advance for helping me out in making an informed decision.

Cheers.. Shiv
Well that is a tricky question indeed . While the overall image (At least in TBhp) seems to be that the car suffers from lot of niggles and that quality is not good, the benchmark here is previous generation Hondas which are built really well. Compared to previous gen Honda cars, the current generations ones are leaning towards built-to-cost design and I dont think anyone is going to dispute that. The competition has also caught up meanwhile and hence the current generation models have tougher benchmarks.

Since you already own a Brio, you will find the interiors of the Jazz much better. When it comes to niggles, it is more of a hit or miss scenario. I believe it might have to do with Quality control process than using cheap parts. I personally haven not experienced any issues so far (Done about 2k Kms) and dont have anything to complain about. It performs just as expected and did not throw any surprises. I am sure there are other current Gen Jazz owners who will agree too.

So will I recommend the car? Yes, of course, because it is a well packaged and a practical car. But I will also ask you to take a look at the competition and not just go for this without checking the alternatives. Who knows you might be surprised at the choices available at that price point.

End of day Honda's still have very good resale value, if that matters to you.
praveen_v is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 16:28   #1537
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 41
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Guys, I have a tricky question coming up for you and this means a lot to me. This is targeted to all the existing owners.

Do you regret your decision to buy the Jazz ? I request you not to be diplomatic or say a yes simply because you already bought it.
Hi Shiv, my 2 cents here. Firstly - the answer is NO - I dont regret. But I have only 2500km in Odo therefore my opinion might not matter much, there are many older owners - they should come up with their views. Some of the views already shared (regd quality issues) is really worrying, in any case I haven't faced them yet.

It also depends on your requirement and expectation from the new car. As no car is perfect, you have to weigh the Pros/Cons as per your needs.

In my case, I wanted a Diesel hatch (my daily run is 100m approx) which can be an upgrade to my 4.5 year old Figo. In Jazz I am getting a bigger engine and higher HP, much higher FE, more space (and space), better looks, decent interiors - so it ticks all my requirement boxes.

During selection process, I never considered i20 and Baleno, Jazz looks much better than those two IMHO (although with dismal monthly sales figures). Only car I seriously considered was S-Cross, it looked and felt premium, in and out. But later I thought why to settle for a smaller engine with less power (I never considered 1.6 due to budget issues) for a bigger (and more pricey) car.

Till date - I could find following things annoying - slight hard gear-shifts compared to Figo, toy-like gear knob, absence of speed-sensed-auto-lock, no separate hatch release button, overall inferior plastic quality at interior - to name a few. But as I said - no car is perfect, so I am happy to take them along my journey.
dieselOmaniac is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 18:30   #1538
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Guys, I have a tricky question coming up for you and this means a lot to me. This is targeted to all the existing owners.

Do you regret your decision to buy the Jazz ? I request you not to be diplomatic or say a yes simply because you already bought it.
No. I definitely do not.

I'm happy with my Jazz. I have faced some issues right at the beginning, but still, this car just makes me happy.

The interiors are as spacious as a sedan, the engine is simply awesome! The highway feel is great, the drivability is spotless. And driven right, it can return FE figures to the tune of 20kmpl even with AC! Of all the other cars available in the market, I am absolutely happy I picked the Jazz.
ashishk29 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 18:31   #1539
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 41
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Folks please let me know - are the scratch removers which are available in abundance on flipkart/amazon - any good? I know the ones sold in petrol-pumps are of no use but those online ones should be authentic & useful - right?

Some b*****d have scratched the whole left portion of my Jazzy. A very fine one but visible to a keen eye. Its not even completed a month - so hurting a lot... The scratch continues from left fender then 2 doors then back fender and bumper too. Either someone intentionally did it with nails/coins, otherwise it can be my cleaning guy trying his part with a dry cloth (and sand particle did the rest). The cleaning guy is naturally not accepting.

Going to Honda will cost a fortune, I did my first service also - therefore asking the forum if I can buy any decent scratch remover & fix it myself.
dieselOmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 19:05   #1540
BHPian
 
DieselTorq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Guys, I have a tricky question coming up for you and this means a lot to me. This is targeted to all the existing owners.

Do you regret your decision to buy the Jazz ? I request you not to be diplomatic or say a yes simply because you already bought it.

I will be in the market in 1 month for my next Car and owning a Jazz was always aspirational for me.
.
.
.
.

Thanks a ton in advance for helping me out in making an informed decision.

Cheers.. Shiv
Hi Shiv,

I own a Jazz SV IDTEC Urban Titanium and have driven the car for 8600kms until now. I have completed 3 services till date and looking forward for my 4th service this August. So far so good(touch wood..). I haven't faced any rattle issues neither at the Dash nor at the windows till date.

The car is Fuel efficient and returns 18.2kmpl in city b2b traffic (with 5 ppl on board + 100% ac).On the Highways when driven within 80-90 kmph + full load + 100% AC it returns a mileage of 25 - 27kmpl.When driven spiritedly in range of 110 to 120kmph with same conditions applied it returns a mileage of 22+.

I am happy about this Cars Looks, Space(am 6' 1), Ride + Handling,Performance and FE but the only time I felt worried was after the launch of 'Baleno' when so much gadgets/features(must appreciate that they offered ABS and Airbags even at their base variant) were offered for the sticker price meant. But I later consoled myself for the 1500cc engine,6 Gears, Honda brand value offered at Jazz.

I always think in my mind that Honda should have offered little bit more useful gizmos(speed sensing lock + Door lock button + Head rests for rear occupants + better tyres) for the premium it has charged us.

There is noteable turbo lag when upshifting quickly(as referred in Honda Manual for better FE) without reaching the optimum RPM say 1000+ (peak between 1750 to 3600) and you are trying to close the gap in traffic. But if power is what you need then you have sufficient on offer compromising FE(evident on ambient cluster being greenish blue or dark blue + Realtime FE display bar showing approx. 12.5kmpl).The NVH is on the higher side but its acceptable per me not as bad as some german's but Hyundai NVH is good. The ride quality is little bit on the stiffer side but it has its own advantage when driven at high speed. I felt the ride being better while having 31 to 32 psi than 33 psi at the tyres.

If I look at the T-BHP review threads of all cars I could see minor niggles/major issues referred for all cars ranging from Indian to the Asian to the American to the European in all price range. There is literally no error free car or brand. But that shouldn't make us to convince ourselves to accept their lack of quality. Car makers need to improve their quality levels by hearing the views/perspectives from customers to fix the same and avoid recurrences at their next production batch or at-least with a cut off date at later batches targeted at-least once in every 2 months.

Having said my own view above - I wish you all the best to find a good car which makes you/family least worried and most happy(since we have lot of options in our market due to lot of choices on offer in similar over lapping price band across segments(Premium Hatches to Compact Sedans to Compact SUVs).
DieselTorq is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 19:47   #1541
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KA
Posts: 336
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Well that is a tricky question indeed . While the overall image (At least in TBhp) seems to be that the car suffers from lot of niggles and that quality is not good, the benchmark here is previous generation Hondas which are built really well. Compared to previous gen Honda cars, the current generations ones are leaning towards built-to-cost design and I dont think anyone is going to dispute that. The competition has also caught up meanwhile and hence the current generation models have tougher benchmarks.
.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Hi Shiv, my 2 cents here. Firstly - the answer is NO - I dont regret. But I have only 2500km in Odo therefore my opinion might not matter much, there are many older owners - they should come up with their views. Some of the views already shared (regd quality issues) is really worrying, in any case I haven't faced them yet.
..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
No. I definitely do not.

I'm happy with my Jazz. I have faced some issues right at the beginning, but still, this car just makes me happy.

.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Hi Shiv,

I own a Jazz SV IDTEC Urban Titanium and have driven the car for 8600kms until now. I have completed 3 services till date and looking forward for my 4th service this August. So far so good(touch wood..). I haven't faced any rattle issues neither at the Dash nor at the windows till date.

......
Everyone, pleasure to find the positivity creeping in into this thread after so much of negativity buzzing around. It surely leaves me grinning.

I always thought, like Fiats, Hondas and specially Jazzs' have a very loyal fan following. Waiting for more..

Cheers.. Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 20:07   #1542
BHPian
 
DieselTorq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Everyone, pleasure to find the positivity creeping in into this thread after so much of negativity buzzing around. It surely leaves me grinning.

I always thought, like Fiats, Hondas and specially Jazzs' have a very loyal fan following. Waiting for more..

Cheers.. Shiv
I am really happy for the acres of space inside the car and the kind of pleasure(Roomier feeling + Power + FE) the car has provided my family till date. I love the boot space(354lts) with low loading lip which could easily swallow 2 bigger size strollers(one on the top of other & parcel tray removed - Luxury of Hatch) + 1 or 2 medium duffle bags (squeezed).Hence the loyalty cannot be avoided.
DieselTorq is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 21:10   #1543
BHPian
 
TD_GHY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 160
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Waiting for more..

Cheers.. Shiv
We have a SV iVtec that has done about 2900 km.

Positives
1. Ample space in the boot. We had transported some 150 kg of ceramic tiles in it once and it gladly took in all.
2. Lots of leg room in the rear seat. We are a family of short people, so we feel very comfortable in the rear seat.
3. Comfortable driver seating position. The seat height adjustment has been a boon for us. The range is very wide.
4. Great Fuel Economy. My father has noted 24kmpl on the MID once during his highway trip. Yes, it's a petrol engine
5. Looks. I love how it looks. Good road presence as well.
6. The sound system is quite good and Bluetooth sync/calling function is seamless and of good quality.

Not so positive
1. AC doesn't seem to be very powerful. Takes time to cool. Will have this checked once.
2. Grinding sound while reversing. Maybe friction of iron over iron. Need to get this checked too.
3. Visibility poor while traversing curves due to the A-pillar
4. 6 month servicing interval.
5. Low-end torque is on the lower side. Struggles on inclines. You may be well versed with this due to your Brio.
6. Rattles in the rear fixed by applying sponges and duct tape. Doesn't weigh well for a relatively costly car.

Hope this helps a little.
TD_GHY is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 22:16   #1544
BHPian
 
DieselTorq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
We have a SV iVtec that has done about 2900 km.

Positives
1. Ample space in the boot. We had transported some 150 kg of ceramic tiles in it once and it gladly took in all.
2. Lots of leg room in the rear seat. We are a family of short people, so we feel very comfortable in the rear seat.
3. Comfortable driver seating position. The seat height adjustment has been a boon for us. The range is very wide.
4. Great Fuel Economy. My father has noted 24kmpl on the MID once during his highway trip. Yes, it's a petrol engine
5. Looks. I love how it looks. Good road presence as well.
6. The sound system is quite good and Bluetooth sync/calling function is seamless and of good quality.

Not so positive
1. AC doesn't seem to be very powerful. Takes time to cool. Will have this checked once.
2. Grinding sound while reversing. Maybe friction of iron over iron. Need to get this checked too.
3. Visibility poor while traversing curves due to the A-pillar
4. 6 month servicing interval.
5. Low-end torque is on the lower side. Struggles on inclines. You may be well versed with this due to your Brio.
6. Rattles in the rear fixed by applying sponges and duct tape. Doesn't weigh well for a relatively costly car.

Hope this helps a little.
+1 to all the positives except no.4. mine is a diesel and hence cannot comment but the FE figure of 24KMPL is impressive(coz ARAI Claim is approx. 19-20 isn't it?).Could you please elaborate much on the driving condition(No. of passengers,AC,etc) ?

During one of my drive on the Chennai-Trichy NH for almost 300kms I was able to see FE as 29kmpl on the MID for (2 adults and 1 kid at 90 kmph max and 100% ac). This is the max I have extracted controlling my temptations in pushing it for higher speeds.

+1 to the blind spot created by the A pillar in curves,at Mergers & junctions.
DieselTorq is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 22:46   #1545
BHPian
 
TD_GHY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 160
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
+1 to all the positives except no.4. mine is a diesel and hence cannot comment but the FE figure of 24KMPL is impressive(coz ARAI Claim is approx. 19-20 isn't it?).Could you please elaborate much on the driving condition(No. of passengers,AC,etc) ?
My father had taken it out on a highway trip recently in the early morning hours (before 6am). Total 4 passengers, all of average build. Passenger weight will be around 240 kgs . They did not encounter any traffic even inside the city, and so could maintain a constant speed of 60-65kmph throughout the 100km journey. My father was astonished too and called me immediately to inform this. He said that he had maintained the speed at 60-65kmph in 5th gear, 0% AC (as the weather was cool) and the indicator was always green. Didn't stop anywhere in between.

During a similar trip on the same route few days back, I had got 21.9kmpl (final) but that also included a detour into some bad roads. I had achieved a peak of 22.4 but FE achieved by my father broke that record . This was again with 0% AC.

ARAI figures for Jazz seem to be misleading. It was mentioned in the brochure as 18.2kmpl for SV/V/VX iVtec. Even if I subtract 2 from MID figures, the peak FE achieved comes out to be 22 which is +4 above the claimed figures.


Quote:
During one of my drive on the Chennai-Trichy NH for almost 300kms I was able to see FE as 29kmpl on the MID for (2 adults and 1 kid at 90 kmph max and 100% ac). This is the max I have extracted controlling my temptations in pushing it for higher speeds.
29kmpl with 100% AC is awesome. Even this is higher than the claimed ARAI figures.

Did Honda not test it well enough or is the MID misleading?

Last edited by TD_GHY : 12th May 2016 at 22:49.
TD_GHY is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks