Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 18:02   #1666
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Whats the tank capacity of the new Jazz and the old Jazz? And the fill Fuel Sign indicator on the old Jazz? The service engineer wasnt sure either and he said something like yellow light at around 10L and there will be a red light during almost empty. Havent personally got the red light so far but yellow plenty of times.
Dear shadows123,

All this is news to me!
I will go through the manual .... as and when I get the time.
The yellow light comes on when a few liters of petrol is left. I have not seen it at the exact moment! I think when 40~50 km of range is left. I have seen 8 km range left when I went to the petrol pump! It was real scary! My understanding is that this is the 'true balance' - meaning that after that there is zero petrol left. However according to the above explanation, there is still some petrol left and the light shows red! I hope never to have to find out!!

If the light becomes yellow with 40~50 km left, it means about 3 lt of petrol. If the above figures are to be believed, then 7 lt of petrol is balance even when the range says 0 km! I am not sure!!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 18:20   #1667
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 85
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Just reached home. I kept my rather heavy backpack on the front passenger seat tonight. Seatbelt was in its usual position ie hanging by the side. All cables were inside the glove box and its lid was shut. Surprisingly no rattle heard. No other funny noise heard as well. Inclined to think that the front passenger seat might be the cause of this rattle or whatever it is.
I second that statement, all this while I thought that I was the only one facing this noise from empty front passenger seat. I have also observed that glovebox lock does rattle a bit especially on rumbler strips, I did tape the metal part of it and it has reduced, also have laid a soft cloth in glove box to avoid rattle of cables.

Strangely, I am getting a little rattle from Steering column area, I can't exactly locate the point but the lower plastics below Steering are really flimsy and a light tap to it proves the point.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 18:36   #1668
BHPian
 
jeet8686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 26
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear shadows123,

If the light becomes yellow with 40~50 km left, it means about 3 lt of petrol. If the above figures are to be believed, then 7 lt of petrol is balance even when the range says 0 km! I am not sure!!

Girish Mahajan
As per the service guys, when the range is 0 km or there are no the Fuel indicator bars on the display, then there is still around 5 litres of fuel spare in the tank.

On a separate note, I recently pulled out the spare wheel for filling in air and happened to noticed that the spare tire has a sticker suggesting max speed of 120km/hr. This indicates that the car could be driven without much of a worry on highways even with spare tire.

This is some thing better than 80km/hr on Baleno.

Last edited by jeet8686 : 14th June 2016 at 18:54. Reason: Sentence correction
jeet8686 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 21:17   #1669
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 41
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Got an update on my Honda Connect app today - and what a pleasant surprise, some useful features added.

1) Inside MyCar-->CarDetails they have added WebOM section i.e. Jazz Web Owner's manual And its available through various sub sections (not just plain PDF), I think its a nice move. They must have taken out the web version from internet some months back - intentionally - so that they will make it available from the app (and charge money for it). In any case, its a welcome move - IMHO.

2) Fuel Log Bugs Fixed, now edit or delete your past entries. This was long pending issue as well. The UI also changed slightly (for the better).

3) Location Refresh- Refresh your car location to get real time position in 'Locate my Car'.

4) Added 'Service History' inside MyCar-->CarDetails. Inside it has option to send that service invoice to an email address too. Pretty cool.

Overall - good and positive move by Honda, hopefully they will keep on updating the app with new (and cool) features in the time to come.
dieselOmaniac is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 21:48   #1670
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I second that statement, all this while I thought that I was the only one facing this noise from empty front passenger seat. I have also observed that glovebox lock does rattle a bit especially on rumbler strips, I did tape the metal part of it and it has reduced, also have laid a soft cloth in glove box to avoid rattle of cables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Just reached home. I kept my rather heavy backpack on the front passenger seat tonight. Seatbelt was in its usual position ie hanging by the side. All cables were inside the glove box and its lid was shut. Surprisingly no rattle heard. No other funny noise heard as well. Inclined to think that the front passenger seat might be the cause of this rattle or whatever it is.
I'm pretty sure that the rattle I'm facing is not from the front passenger seat since it was present even when my Dad was sitting next to me. I'll try to figure out if the wires in the glovebox are the culprit here and update the findings here. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by ampere : 14th June 2016 at 23:42.
ostreichwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 10:01   #1671
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
As per the service guys, when the range is 0 km or there are no the Fuel indicator bars on the display, then there is still around 5 litres of fuel spare in the tank.

On a separate note, I recently pulled out the spare wheel for filling in air and happened to noticed that the spare tire has a sticker suggesting max speed of 120km/hr. This indicates that the car could be driven without much of a worry on highways even with spare tire.

This is some thing better than 80km/hr on Baleno.
Dear jeet8686,
I hope the 5 lt spare when the range is zero is not a myth! However, with due respect to Honda, I would not like to test it!
I have actually driven the car at 80~90 kmph using the spare tyre. I did not feel any difference in the driving.

Girish Mahajan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Got an update on my Honda Connect app today - and what a pleasant surprise, some useful features added.

1) Inside MyCar-->CarDetails they have added WebOM section i.e. Jazz Web Owner's manual And its available through various sub sections (not just plain PDF), I think its a nice move. They must have taken out the web version from internet some months back - intentionally - so that they will make it available from the app (and charge money for it). In any case, its a welcome move - IMHO.

2) Fuel Log Bugs Fixed, now edit or delete your past entries. This was long pending issue as well. The UI also changed slightly (for the better).

3) Location Refresh- Refresh your car location to get real time position in 'Locate my Car'.

4) Added 'Service History' inside MyCar-->CarDetails. Inside it has option to send that service invoice to an email address too. Pretty cool.

Overall - good and positive move by Honda, hopefully they will keep on updating the app with new (and cool) features in the time to come.
Dear dieselOManiac,

Thanks for the update. I had seen the update but I did not know what had changed!
The feature that I use regularly is: sharing location for some time. I let my wife know where I am - whenever I do a slightly long trip. It gives peace of mind - to me and to her!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 12:49   #1672
BHPian
 
jeet8686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 26
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear jeet8686,
I hope the 5 lt spare when the range is zero is not a myth! However, with due respect to Honda, I would not like to test it!
When the car was delivered to me, it was already with a 0 range.
That's when the I confirmed it with them. I had driven around 10 km before finally filling in fuel.

Although, I agree this need not be tested, it is nevertheless good to know.
jeet8686 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 17:45   #1673
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
When the car was delivered to me, it was already with a 0 range.
That's when the I confirmed it with them. I had driven around 10 km before finally filling in fuel.

Although, I agree this need not be tested, it is nevertheless good to know.
Dear jeet8686,

WOW!

If I would have been in your place, I would either have them fill some petrol or (maybe) asked one of them to accompany me to the petrol pump!

Anyway, thanks for the update.

By the way, who did you take the car from (in Pune?)?

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 20:56   #1674
BHPian
 
jeet8686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 26
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear jeet8686,

WOW!

If I would have been in your place, I would either have them fill some petrol or (maybe) asked one of them to accompany me to the petrol pump!

Anyway, thanks for the update.

By the way, who did you take the car from (in Pune?)?

Girish Mahajan
I had a similar experience with my previous car Alto as well.

In Alto too even when fuel guage was at empty it had around 5 litres of fuel. Hence, wasn't that worried.

Got my car from Crystal Honda, Bavdhan.

Last edited by jeet8686 : 16th June 2016 at 21:24.
jeet8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 18:49   #1675
BHPian
 
Vivek-Bharathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 47
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hello all,

I am coming back on the same topic of the Honda Jazz fuel tank capacity.
Today while i was returning home, the low fuel light came up. There was 2 bars left in the fuel gauge.
I see some disconnect here. Considering the trip for 381 kms( measured from full tank with Auto Cutoff ) and the mid value of 12 km/litre, does it mean that low fuel light comes when around 8.25 liters ( 40-(381/12)) are available.
Looks little odd to me.

Jazz owners please comment.

Below are the snapshots for reference.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-range.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-mid.jpg
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 01:58   #1676
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
There was 2 bars left in the fuel gauge.
I see some disconnect here. Considering the trip for 381 kms( measured from full tank with Auto Cutoff ) and the mid value of 12 km/litre, does it mean that low fuel light comes when around 8.25 liters ( 40-(381/12)) are available.
Looks little odd to me.
That would be reasonable if you had previously filled, just after you got the low fuel yellow light. Else you may have no basis for comparison. (I believe the 12kmpl is also an instant predicted average, not a computed average, which makes it notoriously difficult to map this FE with the computed tank full method). Does this model not have distance to empty (DTE)?

On my albeit older Jazz model, I usually fill a few dozen kms after the low fuel indicator comes on, and the auto fill capacity varies hugely whether you are on a highway run or just citywide, as you would expect.

I think reserve capacity may be 5~8L, and atleast on my older Jazz is one thing I don't have to worry about really. I just tack on 40 km as a reasonable city driving estimate, and 80km out on the highway after the light comes on and DTE gets to 0.
Juggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 07:41   #1677
BHPian
 
DieselTorq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhal.kul View Post
I would prefer changing the tyre rather than risking running a patched up tyre.

I decided to go for a replacement instead and will be doing it today/tomorrow.
Hi Singhal,

Sorry to hear this puncture incident but while reading your post today regarding the replacement you were planning, I wondered whether this tyre could be replaced under warranty claims(if at all there is a separate warranty for the Michelin tyre - rather Jazz's)?

Did you ever queried in this angle or you just left it due to the hassles you might go through with the manufacturer to prove your case?

Just was curious to know whether there is any option other than paying from our pocket for a Manufacturing defect.
DieselTorq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 07:48   #1678
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 8
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Hi Singhal,

Sorry to hear this puncture incident but while reading your post today regarding the replacement you were planning, I wondered whether this tyre could be replaced under warranty claims(if at all there is a separate warranty for the Michelin tyre - rather Jazz's)?

Did you ever queried in this angle or you just left it due to the hassles you might go through with the manufacturer to prove your case?

Just was curious to know whether there is any option other than paying from our pocket for a Manufacturing defect.
I didn't have time to go through the hassle as the past few days have been very busy and the Honda service centers are nowhere close to my work route.
I have kept the tyre with me and will talk to them once I get some time. But as far as I know, sidewall damage is not covered under warranty.
singhal.kul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 10:29   #1679
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Hello all,

I am coming back on the same topic of the Honda Jazz fuel tank capacity.
Today while i was returning home, the low fuel light came up. There was 2 bars left in the fuel gauge.
I see some disconnect here. Considering the trip for 381 kms( measured from full tank with Auto Cutoff ) and the mid value of 12 km/litre, does it mean that low fuel light comes when around 8.25 liters ( 40-(381/12)) are available.
Looks little odd to me.
Dear Vivek-Bharathy,

There is another way of looking at it:
The indicator says 30 km range and about 12 kmpl FE. So you have 30/12 = 2.5 lt left.

Just - by the way - I am a metallurgist - interesting calculation from my college days (35+ yrs ago!!):
For pure iron, the purity is not easy to measure, so impurities are specified. Same way, the error in 381 km would be much larger than in 30 km. Also, the error in 40 lt capacity would also be large. Some times you can see filling error of up to 5 liters easily!

AND - let us not get into the controversial topic of 'filled' volume vis-a-vis 'billed' volume.

On my part, I am confused - so don't blame me if my logic does not make sense!

I think someone else has also raised this topic earlier - and - it has been discussed a LOT - off hand I could not find it! Ouch!!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 13:37   #1680
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore/US
Posts: 93
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

What are the "must have" accessories for Jazz VX MT? I could think of mats and underbody rust protection. Anything else ?
sanchari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks