Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 14:30   #1816
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I have had a chance of driving Zoomcar Ecosport once during night time. All I can say that, Jazz headlamps are better than Ecosport for sure, they(Jazz's) might look small when compared to other hatchbacks but are good and effective.
Wow ! Thats pretty much what I was looking for. And I think with headlamps positioned a lot lower that that of the EcoSport, I think the Jazz would do a better job in lighting up the road ahead !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
For a bit more detail:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3978046 (Honda Jazz : Official Review)

I previously posted about this.
I've had extensive city driving experience, and I find the stock headlamps absolutely sufficient.
Thanks Ashish ! Thanks so much for those pics and helping me out in handling the confusion.

Last edited by peterjim13 : 29th August 2016 at 14:33.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 14:33   #1817
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
For a bit more detail:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3978046 (Honda Jazz : Official Review)

I previously posted about this.
I've had extensive city driving experience, and I find the stock headlamps absolutely sufficient.
Thanks Ashish ! Thanks so much for those pics and helping me out in handling the confusion.
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 14:38   #1818
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 493
Thanked: 613 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
How do you comment on the headlamp performance of the Jazz. ?

I am yet to take a night drive on the car.
..
Dear peterjim13,

I have done more than 10k km in 8 months. The car got driven in summer, winter and monsoon - in day and night - with me alone and with 5 people on board. In short, I had a reasonable chance to test it. Just like others have mentioned, if there is a thick fog and/or heavy rain, visibility is an issue. In all other circumstances, I did not have to worry about 'braking distance being less than visibility' issue!

Just a bit OT, long ago I had talked to some designers employed by Bajaj Auto. The topic of discussion was the quality of visibility of Bajaj scooters compared to that of LML. Off the record, he said that the issue is not magneto, not bulb, not anything else - but reflector design! Don't ask me why they did not change it - even after knowing this!

Anyway, my point is visibility is good and for some reason it is not blinding to the oncoming person/vehicle.
Note: My usage of high beam is less than 5% of the time.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 14:56   #1819
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hi All,

I seem to be facing a problem with my Jazz. The 2nd gear seems to be a bit tight/difficult to pull. This problem is especially notice-able when I downshift from 3rd gear to 2nd gear. Requires some force to move it into 2nd. Haven't seen this problem for any other combination of gears - either while upshifting or downshifting. Even going from 1st to 2nd is a bit rough compared to others.

For the first 1 or 2 months i put this down due to my inexperience in driving and that i was maybe doing it wrong. But this continued happening and i reported it to the service guys during the 2nd service. They said its working fine. But this issue is still persisting.

Wanted to know if any of you guys are facing the same and if so what is the solution?
ulag62442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 17:11   #1820
BHPian
 
Vivek-Bharathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 47
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Hi All,

I seem to be facing a problem with my Jazz. The 2nd gear seems to be a bit tight/difficult to pull. This problem is especially notice-able when I downshift from 3rd gear to 2nd gear. Requires some force to move it into 2nd. Haven't seen this problem for any other combination of gears - either while upshifting or downshifting. Even going from 1st to 2nd is a bit rough compared to others.

For the first 1 or 2 months i put this down due to my inexperience in driving and that i was maybe doing it wrong. But this continued happening and i reported it to the service guys during the 2nd service. They said its working fine. But this issue is still persisting.

Wanted to know if any of you guys are facing the same and if so what is the solution?
I too faced the same issue and it was so tight and after doing 5000 kms on my vehicle it has opened now.

How much kms have you clocked ?

Don't force the gear to slot and shift back to some other gear ( preferably 3rd) and try again it works.

Give the clutch some time to bed in and trust me it will disappear.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 17:32   #1821
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
I too faced the same issue and it was so tight and after doing 5000 kms on my vehicle it has opened now.

How much kms have you clocked ?

Don't force the gear to slot and shift back to some other gear ( preferably 3rd) and try again it works.

Give the clutch some time to bed in and trust me it will disappear.
Ok. Iv done only about 2000 kms. I'm just puzzled this is specific to the 2nd gear. The other gears are all fine.
ulag62442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 23:48   #1822
BHPian
 
Vivek-Bharathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 47
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Ok. Iv done only about 2000 kms. I'm just puzzled this is specific to the 2nd gear. The other gears are all fine.
Yes, this is very specific to second gear only and once you hit around 5000 kms this problem will vanish.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 13:11   #1823
BHPian
 
sinharishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 275
Thanked: 326 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I have just begin hunting for a new hatchback to replace our 7 year old Wagon R. Went to the Ring Road Honda (New Delhi) on a busy Sunday afternoon, their TD car was stuck inside the service bay and they had requested me to come back the next day. I went back and they again could not arrange the petrol manual TD car, so I took the test drive of Jazz V-CVT. I have shortlisted the petrol Jazz VX-MT and Jazz V-CVT from the Honda stable.

The new car will be used by my dad for his daily commute of 25-30kms which includes driving on some bad roads in industrial areas of Delhi/NCR.

Have a few queries for existing Jazz owners:

1. Has anyone fitted the engine guard in petrol Jazz which comes fitted in diesel Jazz? If yes, what is the cost?
2. What is the mileage difference between the petrol manual and CVT? The Jazz V-CVT TD car showed 7.0 KMPL.
3. What are those loose wires hanging near the rear wheels?
4. How is the ride over craters and potholes?

The OTR (New Delhi) of petrol Jazz VX-MT is 8,49,683/- and petrol Jazz V-CVT is 9,12,944/- which includes registration fee, road tax, MCD, parking, Honda Assure Insurance. Ring Road Honda is offering 10,000/- discount on Ex-Showroom price.

Last edited by sinharishi : 6th September 2016 at 13:13.
sinharishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 13:34   #1824
mxh
BHPian
 
mxh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 160
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Ok. Iv done only about 2000 kms. I'm just puzzled this is specific to the 2nd gear. The other gears are all fine.
Same thing in the City too, 1st and 2nd gears can't be slotted easily. Mine has crossed 5k Kms but still not happy with the gearbox. I keep dreaming what an amazing driver's car it would be if the gear box were a little better!
mxh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 13:45   #1825
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 493
Thanked: 613 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I have just begin hunting for a new hatchback to replace our 7 year old Wagon R. Went to the Ring Road Honda (New Delhi) on a busy Sunday afternoon, their TD car was stuck inside the service bay and they had requested me to come back the next day. I went back and they again could not arrange the petrol manual TD car, so I took the test drive of Jazz V-CVT. I have shortlisted the petrol Jazz VX-MT and Jazz V-CVT from the Honda stable.

The new car will be used by my dad for his daily commute of 25-30kms which includes driving on some bad roads in industrial areas of Delhi/NCR.

Have a few queries for existing Jazz owners:

1. Has anyone fitted the engine guard in petrol Jazz which comes fitted in diesel Jazz? If yes, what is the cost?
2. What is the mileage difference between the petrol manual and CVT? The Jazz V-CVT TD car showed 7.0 KMPL.
3. What are those loose wires hanging near the rear wheels?
4. How is the ride over craters and potholes?

The OTR (New Delhi) of petrol Jazz VX-MT is 8,49,683/- and petrol Jazz V-CVT is 9,12,944/- which includes registration fee, road tax, MCD, parking, Honda Assure Insurance. Ring Road Honda is offering 10,000/- discount on Ex-Showroom price.
Dear sinharishi,

I have a Jazz V CVT since Oct 2015.

You can see my review on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html (My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic))

Let me try to answer your queries:

1. Has anyone fitted the engine guard in petrol Jazz which comes fitted in diesel Jazz? If yes, what is the cost?
Not fitted. Luckily not faced a situation where I felt it was needed!
2. What is the mileage difference between the petrol manual and CVT? The Jazz V-CVT TD car showed 7.0 KMPL.
My normal average FE varies between 15 and 17 kmpl. I am not aware of the FE for the manual version
3. What are those loose wires hanging near the rear wheels?
I have not seen any loose wires! I need to check.
4. How is the ride over craters and potholes?
If you drive at the 'right' speed, then you do not feel any craters or potholes! Luckily, the right speed is higher than the corresponding speed of other vehicles around!
I hope this is adequate info.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 14:26   #1826
BHPian
 
sinharishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 275
Thanked: 326 Times
Thumbs up Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Wow, you have got some impressive FE figures there. I will go through the entire ownership review over the weekend.

Quote:
3. What are those loose wires hanging near the rear wheels?
I have not seen any loose wires! I need to check.
I will try and get pictures over the next weekend when I visit the showroom again, I saw it below the TD car and the display car. I am asking about the wire circled in the picture below taken from the official review.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-2015hondajazz12.jpg

Quote:
I hope this is adequate info.
Yes sir! Thank you for the prompt response I will keep the thread updated on my decision. I am yet to TD the Figo, Elite i20 petrol automatics.

Last edited by sinharishi : 6th September 2016 at 14:33.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 14:36   #1827
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Have a few queries for existing Jazz owners:

1. Has anyone fitted the engine guard in petrol Jazz which comes fitted in diesel Jazz? If yes, what is the cost?
2. What is the mileage difference between the petrol manual and CVT? The Jazz V-CVT TD car showed 7.0 KMPL.
3. What are those loose wires hanging near the rear wheels?
4. How is the ride over craters and potholes?

The OTR (New Delhi) of petrol Jazz VX-MT is 8,49,683/- and petrol Jazz V-CVT is 9,12,944/- which includes registration fee, road tax, MCD, parking, Honda Assure Insurance. Ring Road Honda is offering 10,000/- discount on Ex-Showroom price.
Regarding you queries,
1. No. I have not seen anyone here report fixing the engine guard from the diesel.
2. Other members can pitch in for the manual, but for the CVT it gives me 11-13 Kmpl in full city runs with AC on all the time. When I get stuck in stop and go traffic a lot, it drops to 11 which is the worst I have seen so far. It goes to the lower side only when the car is stuck standing for long in signals and with bumper to bumper traffic. On highways it returns around 17 Kmpl if driven around 100 Kmph on average.
3. The loose wires near the rear wheels are the handbrake cables that goes to each of the rear wheel. Though it might look a bit ungainly when you look down below, it does not pose any problems.
4. The ride is well sorted out though I find it a little stiff over potholes at low speed for my liking. You can make it suit by playing with the tyre pressure.
praveen_v is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 19:20   #1828
BHPian
 
sinharishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 275
Thanked: 326 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Regarding you queries,

2. Other members can pitch in for the manual, but for the CVT it gives me 11-13 Kmpl in full city runs with AC on all the time. When I get stuck in stop and go traffic a lot, it drops to 11 which is the worst I have seen so far. It goes to the lower side only when the car is stuck standing for long in signals and with bumper to bumper traffic. On highways it returns around 17 Kmpl if driven around 100 Kmph on average.
3. The loose wires near the rear wheels are the handbrake cables that goes to each of the rear wheel. Though it might look a bit ungainly when you look down below, it does not pose any problems.
Thank you. Yes, those cables don't look good. The FE from the CVT variant is not bad at all. I might give Jazz V-CVT a serious thought over the Jazz VX-MT, the cost difference is only 60,000/- between the two.

Last edited by sinharishi : 6th September 2016 at 19:50.
sinharishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 15:56   #1829
BHPian
 
abhaybakshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 152
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Got our new Petrol Jazz V MT Orchid White yesterday !
She will replace my 10 year old Swift which is still with me for next 3 days.

Initial impressions are good except widely talked low RPM torque. I will miss
agility of my old generation Swift for sure :-(

I have noted that down shifting from 3rd gear into 2nd is hard. I saw few posts with same issue reported in this forum. I hope it will get smooth after few days.

I am trying to control my urge not to rev her hard during run-in period. But unknowingly brain expects Swift like behavior and so.. !
abhaybakshi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 19:11   #1830
BHPian
 
Vivek-Bharathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 47
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Got our new Petrol Jazz V MT Orchid White yesterday !
She will replace my 10 year old Swift which is still with me for next 3 days.

Initial impressions are good except widely talked low RPM torque. I will miss
agility of my old generation Swift for sure :-(

I have noted that down shifting from 3rd gear into 2nd is hard. I saw few posts with same issue reported in this forum. I hope it will get smooth after few days.

I am trying to control my urge not to rev her hard during run-in period. But unknowingly brain expects Swift like behavior and so.. !
Dear Abhay,

First of all Congrats on the new ride. Hope you have an wonderful time with your vehicle. I too own a orchid white Jazz Vx which is 5000 kms old. She replaced my Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa.I was also first dissapointed with the torque delivery in the early days. But once you get used to it Jazz is a bliss to ride.

However i have my dad's new swift to give me the adrenaline whenever i require.

On the issue with shifting gears it will smooth out once you hit 5000 kms. i too faced it.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks