Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2017, 23:17   #2101
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Can you also share the link for the DRLs as well? Those look very interesting(and tempting). I'm being tempted to put my extended warranty in jeopardy for those
Sorry mate, no online link for this!

As I have already mentioned earlier in my detailed post, I had done a lot of research for over an year and finally zeroed in on a reliable local supplier in Karol Bagh, New Delhi, who on order imported this single set for me and in this process, took more than 2 months(and follow-up ofcourse). I had clearly passed him the instructions as to "no compromise on quality, warranty and fitment workmanship. Take your time but deliver the right. Don't worry about the money either!".

Finally, I thanked the supplier, as well as the expert and experienced electrician he had appointed to accomplish fitting. The electrician showed all the patience and gave due emphasis on to detailing. It was a job well done.

Thanks.
Nohonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 15:02   #2102
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
However, last year I managed to do a small DIY replacing the OEM whip type FM antenna with a shark fin without any compromise on the received signal strength. The shark fin antenna houses a copper core circuitry inside which, in functionality is analogous to a whip type antenna. It was procured online from Hong Kong barely for INR 485/-. Post installation, I have no single reason to complain till date. Even the silver colour matches almost 95% to Honda’s Alabaster Silver.
Nice job with your accessories, it just makes the car more desirable now. to HONDA for not providing such simple stuff (DRL, Shark Fin antenna and armrest) even on top end models.

Can you please share the online link for Shark Fin antenna?

Also can you share how much did it cost you in entirety to procure and fix LED - DRL? If possible then may be we Punekar can get it ordered from your contact and then courier to our location.

Thanks.

Last edited by varunswnt : 14th April 2017 at 15:12.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 21:23   #2103
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Nice job with your accessories, it just makes the car more desirable now. to HONDA for not providing such simple stuff (DRL, Shark Fin antenna and armrest) even on top end models.

Can you please share the online link for Shark Fin antenna?

Also can you share how much did it cost you in entirety to procure and fix LED - DRL? If possible then may be we Punekar can get it ordered from your contact and then courier to our location.

Thanks.
Hi varunswnt,

Thanks for the praise. Well, here is the URL link for shark fin antenna from where I did source it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Radi...608.0.0.IlzGGR

Also, sharing some pictures which I had clicked then, while its installation (I wasn't a BHPian then )

Notice the sufficient copper core to do the most important job efficiently: Catch the signal
Honda Jazz : Official Review-shark_fin_coil.jpg

This is how it gets installed in place of OEM whip type antenna.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-shark_fin_installation.jpg

Coming to daytime running light (DRL) cost: INR 3900 (including installation charge of INR 400)

About ordering from my contact and then parceling it, I am not very optimistic if that would be feasible. Hope it helps.
Thanks.
Nohonking is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 14:04   #2104
Mtv
BHPian
 
Mtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 121
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I am considering the Jazz V CVT as a daily drive city car.

Lots of useful information in this thread, I have read all 140 Pages.

What about the long term reliability of this drivetrain? Can owners here comment ? I'd have long chosen the Polo TSI DSG had it not been for all the trouble my Octavia has given me.
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 14:15   #2105
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 182
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Sorry mate, no online link for this!

As I have already mentioned earlier in my detailed post, I had done a lot of research for over an year and finally zeroed in on a reliable local supplier in Karol Bagh, New Delhi, who on order imported this single set for me and in this process, took more than 2 months(and follow-up ofcourse). I had clearly passed him the instructions as to "no compromise on quality, warranty and fitment workmanship. Take your time but deliver the right. Don't worry about the money either!".

Finally, I thanked the supplier, as well as the expert and experienced electrician he had appointed to accomplish fitting. The electrician showed all the patience and gave due emphasis on to detailing. It was a job well done.

Thanks.
Oh. I'll see if I can procure one as well then. 4300 is reasonable enough for that DRL+indicator combination. Looks pretty damn good too!
ashishk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 15:05   #2106
BHPian
 
venkikewl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 64
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Oh. I'll see if I can procure one as well then. 4300 is reasonable enough for that DRL+indicator combination. Looks pretty damn good too!
Ashish, do share the link if you find any, as this DRL looks really tempting and also reasonable too. I"ll also post the URL if I find any
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 18:39   #2107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore/US
Posts: 111
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Has anyone installed good quality sun shades in their Jazz? Saw a roll up kind of shades once in a car, but don't know much about them. Shame that Honda doesn't provide tinted window glasses even in VX
sanchari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 20:09   #2108
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 693 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I am considering the Jazz V CVT as a daily drive city car.

Lots of useful information in this thread, I have read all 140 Pages.

What about the long term reliability of this drivetrain? Can owners here comment ? I'd have long chosen the Polo TSI DSG had it not been for all the trouble my Octavia has given me.
I have a Jazz V CVT from Oct 2015. NO ISSUES!
I have a detailed review somewhere on this website.
Specifically about the drivetrain - with increased usage, the car seems to get better and better. Now I drive a Scorpio and the Jazz is with my wife. She refuses to let me drive! Not because I drive bad, just that she enjoys the drive more!!

My suggestion - go for it!

You can check out my thread on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html (My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic))

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 15:39   #2109
BHPian
 
jeet8686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 27
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Has anyone installed good quality sun shades in their Jazz? Saw a roll up kind of shades once in a car, but don't know much about them. Shame that Honda doesn't provide tinted window glasses even in VX
I have installed magnetic type sunshades in my Jazz.
I got them from amazon and are of a brand called Kozdiko.

The quality is decent and with some adjustments they do stay in place and cut out light to an extent. The front ones come with a zipper. ORVM visibility is hampered a bit but I have got used to it.
jeet8686 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 19:27   #2110
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Oh. I'll see if I can procure one as well then. 4300 is reasonable enough for that DRL+indicator combination. Looks pretty damn good too!
Hi ashishk29,

Apparently you got it wrong. Please allow me to correct you. INR 3900 includes the fitment charge. Putting it in other words for more clarity for audience:

Cost of DRL: INR 3500
Cost of fitment: INR 400
Total money spent: INR 3900


Further, I had a chance to take my beauty outstation for the first time ever since it got its daytime eyes (DRLs). This included some 40+ KM of two-way state highway and 6 lane expressway. The impact was clearly evident especially on the two-way state highway with the head-on traffic (including the trucks) being more patient and somewhat respecting me to give way. May be, due to the fact that DRLs are considered analogous to a very premium segment car.

My take: With style - substance - safety - superiority, DRLs on Jazz are way to go!

Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 21st April 2017 at 19:33.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 23:26   #2111
Mtv
BHPian
 
Mtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 121
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I have a Jazz V CVT from Oct 2015. NO ISSUES!
I have a detailed review somewhere on this website.
Specifically about the drivetrain - with increased usage, the car seems to get better and better. Now I drive a Scorpio and the Jazz is with my wife. She refuses to let me drive! Not because I drive bad, just that she enjoys the drive more!!

My suggestion - go for it!

You can check out my thread on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html (My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic))

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Thank you for your reply Mr Mahajan

I've been doing my research on the car for a while now and I was able to test drive it for only a short while in heavy traffic.
Your extensive thread finally convinced me to go ahead with my decision to book the jazz

I bring it home next week
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_2611.jpg
Mtv is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 12:38   #2112
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hi folks,

Cautiously tried "squeezing", yes "squeezing" out the maximum juice out of the 1199cc i-vtec power house today to see some amazing figures appear on the MID.

- Post filling , the Trip A was set to 0 at Chanakyapuri. New Delhi.
- Driven to Gurgaon via Dhaula Kuan (normal traffic without any traffic jams, only slowdowns and stopping at traffic signals)
- A/C was always on.
- Single occupancy and empty boot.
- Maximum speed driven: 70kmph. Normally cruised at 60kmph with a feather tap on the A pedal.
- I understand, the MID figure isn't very accurate, but even if it touched close to 27kmpl in reality (which it did), doesn't it deserve a wow?

Honda Jazz : Official Review-27.8kmpl.jpg


Drove further and stopped at a traffic signal to clearly capture yet another figure:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-27.7kmpl.jpg

Last edited by Nohonking : 23rd April 2017 at 12:44.
Nohonking is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 12:47   #2113
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,677
Thanked: 8,704 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
- I understand, the MID figure isn't very accurate, but even if it touched close to 27kmpl in reality (which it did), doesn't it deserve a wow?
No it does not, driven similarly, most other cars in the segment can do it. Point is it's rare to find such traffic conditions in everyday driving, try doing the same for tankful to tankful distance.

I was driving Jazz Petrol at Honda Drive to Discover 7, this is what I could get with a day's easy driving on highways.



The Dtec Diesel would have given me 22-23 in same conditions.

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd April 2017 at 12:51.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:53   #2114
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
No it does not, driven similarly, most other cars in the segment can do it. Point is it's rare to find such traffic conditions in everyday driving, try doing the same for tankful to tankful distance.
Hi Anshuman,

Thanks for the insight. However, let me present an abstract from the analysis I have been carrying out in the past and still doing. Notice that the MID figure is only a little more than the actual average (calculated using tankful to tankful method).

More so, to my understanding of my Jazz so far, on the highways it runs economical if driven till 80kmph (the RPM is 2500). The moment you push it further, although it is happy and easy, I have noticed a drastic drop in the fuel economy (at 90kmph, the RPM is 3000 while at 100kmph it is at 3500). During my recent road trip of 2518km in Dec 2016, the MID was displaying 21.1kmpl till such time I was cruising at 80-85kmph. For the next 2 hours as the road allowed and I had to cover up, I started cruising at 105-110kmph and the MID figure dipped to 18.1kmpl. This drop is because past 2600 or 2700 RPM, the i-vtec switches its profile (valve timing) from economy to sports and the vehicle behaves completely different. Stable and confident ofcourse.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz-2015-ivtec-average-analysis.jpg

Today however, I simply tried to deliberately squeeze it under much better traffic situation. I can call it analogous to a practical test. Yes, this isn't possible in everyday ofcourse. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 23rd April 2017 at 14:18.
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 15:20   #2115
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 693 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Thank you for your reply Mr Mahajan

I've been doing my research on the car for a while now and I was able to test drive it for only a short while in heavy traffic.
Your extensive thread finally convinced me to go ahead with my decision to book the jazz

I bring it home next week
Congrats Mtv! May you have many happy motoring miles!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Hi folks,

Cautiously tried "squeezing", yes "squeezing" out the maximum juice out of the 1199cc i-vtec power house today to see some amazing figures appear on the MID.
..
..
- I understand, the MID figure isn't very accurate, but even if it touched close to 27kmpl in reality (which it did), doesn't it deserve a wow?
..
Dear Nohonking,

This is really impressive. The best I have done is 24+ kmpl over 115 km drive.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan


Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
No it does not, driven similarly, most other cars in the segment can do it. Point is it's rare to find such traffic conditions in everyday driving, try doing the same for tankful to tankful distance.
..
I agree with you .anshuman - on both points - one - almost any car can do it - two - finding such traffic condition is difficult!
However, I would like to share that I got consistently good FE aver 10,000+ km of Jazz. So, maybe, it is easier to get higher FE on Jazz. Or it could just be that my 'style' and Jazz match!!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Hi Anshuman,

Thanks for the insight. However, let me present an abstract from the analysis I have been carrying out in the past and still doing. Notice that the MID figure is only a little more than the actual average (calculated using tankful to tankful method).

More so, to my understanding of my Jazz so far, on the highways it runs economical if driven till 80kmph (the RPM is 2500).
..
Dear Nohonking,

It looks like it is my day for agreeing! Even I have found the displayed FE to be just slightly more than the tank-to-tank. Sometimes I think it may be that the pumps are filling that much less!!

I have found the optimum FE to be around 80~100 kmph using gentle pickup and gentle braking.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks