Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2017, 17:45   #2176
BHPian
 
jetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 439
Thanked: 357 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
I'm looking at the CVT and I guess your point will be much more valid for the CVT version. :(
In fact, from what I have read, the CVT is more drivable than the MT because the continuously varying transmission actually overcomes the low torque by keeping the engine at a better RPM. Our official review and some ownership reviews confirm this. I'll be taking a test drive of the CVT this weekend. Fingers crossed though, last time they didn't have the car when I went there.
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 17:50   #2177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chennai/Sydney
Posts: 92
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

If you have a sedate style of driving, then you will appreciate the convenience it provides in city traffic. Added bonus is that you can extract insane mileage when driven sedately. Besides CVT is known for its reliability. You do not have to worry about say like the dual clutch technology.

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 21st July 2017 at 17:52.
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:25   #2178
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: || My Lane ||
Posts: 183
Thanked: 555 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I own a 3 month V CVT too and The highest I've ever gotten is 6.9km/l.

The car is driven primarily in bumper to bumper traffic.

EDIT: The car is used for extremely short distance every other day, 1-2 km at a time. Three months old and the odo reads 500km only.
My limited running could be the reason for the dismal fuel economy. Please don't get discouraged by my low figures
Mtv! Your kitty is full of all the points which amount to low FE. Hot weather + driving merely a km or 2 at a stretch + bumper to bumper traffic + car still in running-in period. Hope you are not going merely by the kms, please do check the color of engine oil by pulling out the dipstick & see if it needs replacement. I am pretty damn sure, this is just another point adding to low FE. I had observed FE & pickup drastically affected when oil change was getting due in my car. Besides, I hope your lovely car is free from any scratches or other rants on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Out of sync means, you hear the engine revving but it does not translate to speed immediately. In Swift, it was simple. You press the throttle and you get the speed. WYSIWYG. Period.

But I forgive Jazz because otherwise she is rattle free and bit refined than Swift !
Agree with you abhay, Jazz doesn't exhibit a zippy character. Its a lovely car but shouldn't be compared to Swift. IMO, these are 2 different segments and Jazz is far more refined, planted & superior in terms of space, engineering, technology & driving ergonomics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
In fact, from what I have read, the CVT is more drivable than the MT because the continuously varying transmission actually overcomes the low torque by keeping the engine at a better RPM.
Absolutely correct jetti. I have driven Jazz CVT a couple of times including ramping it out of a basement in both D & S modes while letting it first to roll backwards(there isn't hill assist on offer). When it comes to low end torque, it certainly doesn't behave lethargic. Tap on the A and just a fraction of lag before you see the action. I have no hesitation to say "its behavior is wild in S mode", which doesn't suit to its very character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
If you have a sedate style of driving, then you will appreciate the convenience it provides in city traffic. Added bonus is that you can extract insane mileage when driven sedately. Besides CVT is known for its reliability. You do not have to worry about say like the dual clutch technology.
'insane' is the word! Yes, expect it hovering close to 20 if not more in real life provided you drive sanely. Not to mention, Honda's engine & transmission are one of the most most most reliable, lasting & fuss-free machineries on offer.

Cheers!

Last edited by Nohonking : 22nd July 2017 at 22:30.
Nohonking is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 23:09   #2179
BHPian
 
handsofsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post

'insane' is the word! Yes, expect it hovering close to 20 if not more in real life provided you drive sanely. Not to mention, Honda's engine & transmission are one of the most most most reliable, lasting & fuss-free machineries on offer.

Cheers!
Am I missing something here? 20!!?? I have been driving my v cvt sedately over the past 2.5 months, am getting about 14.5 cumulative in City+highways. The best I ever got was 20.5 (Ahmedabad to Mumbai at a steady 70kmph). I have driven it for around 3600kms. How do you expect 20kmpl?
handsofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 11:13   #2180
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 544
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Hi Jazz CVT owners,
Can you please let me know what FE are you getting in city?
I'm planning on buying the V CVT, and I'm curious about fuel figures. I'd be driving mostly in the city, much of which could be bumper to bumper traffic.
Dear meetgds,

I am sorry for the delayed reply. I have got a Jazz V CVT from Oct 2015. Since, Sep 2016, it is with my wife. (I got a Scorpio S10 AT ). Before handing over the car to my wife, I had done extensive reporting. You can check my review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html (My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic))

Driven properly, it can give a very high FE. If you spend significant time in 'zero' speed, you are burning petrol without travelling!! You are getting zero FE for that time. The highest I have got is 24.1 kmpl over 115 km on the indicator. I have found this to be about 0.5 kmpl more than actual tank-to-tank method. So the car is capable! I have seen a lot of feedback on low FE and low pickup. I have not faced either of these issues. My wife is extremely happy with Jazz. In traffic conditions, the CVT is a boon!

Feel free to contact me for more details.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 12:10   #2181
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 73
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear meetgds,

I am sorry for the delayed reply. I have got a Jazz V CVT from Oct 2015. Since, Sep 2016, it is with my wife. (I got a Scorpio S10 AT ). Before handing over the car to my wife, I had done extensive reporting. You can check my review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html (My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic))

Driven properly, it can give a very high FE. If you spend significant time in 'zero' speed, you are burning petrol without travelling!! You are getting zero FE for that time. The highest I have got is 24.1 kmpl over 115 km on the indicator. I have found this to be about 0.5 kmpl more than actual tank-to-tank method. So the car is capable! I have seen a lot of feedback on low FE and low pickup. I have not faced either of these issues. My wife is extremely happy with Jazz. In traffic conditions, the CVT is a boon!

Feel free to contact me for more details.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Thank you sir! And you have written a beautiful review!
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 16:08   #2182
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 544
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Thank you sir! And you have written a beautiful review!
My plesasure!

So - have you bought the Jazz CVT yet?

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 16:24   #2183
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 73
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
My plesasure!

So - have you bought the Jazz CVT yet?

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Not yet! Actually I'm still trying to decide, and confused between Baleno, Jazz and even Ciaz. I have a budget of max 10 Lakhs and looking for a reliable automatic. I know Ciaz is not in the same category as the other two, and I have no major requirement of a sedan, but I simply love it's exterior and premium looks, apart from the fact that it has much better space overall.
Any pointers?
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 16:41   #2184
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 160
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Not yet! Actually I'm still trying to decide, and confused between Baleno, Jazz and even Ciaz. I have a budget of max 10 Lakhs and looking for a reliable automatic. I know Ciaz is not in the same category as the other two, and I have no major requirement of a sedan, but I simply love it's exterior and premium looks, apart from the fact that it has much better space overall.
Any pointers?
Chose the baleno over the jazz due to the following reasons, might be of help:
-much better initial pick up, jazz feels lethargic in comparison
-better FE, Autocar and users too say so
-model for model, Delta Automatic is much cheaper and better equipped than the barebones S Automatic of the jazz, zeta is better than the V and alpha in a league of its own, with pricing close to the V model, discounts notwithstanding.
-paddle shifts are a major advantage of the jazz but available only in V
-much better resale of the baleno due to its blockbuster status versus a mild response for the jazz
-maruti coming up with nexa exclusive service centers for a more exclusive experience
-5k service interval for the jazz
-much better MID on the baleno
-better looks (subjective)
In case of ciaz, you'll be able to reach maximum delta level, which is short of equipment plus a 4 speed automatic that feels very old school and doesn't offer much more in terms of performance over the baleno and poor FE too.

Last edited by dhruvritzed : 24th July 2017 at 16:43.
dhruvritzed is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 16:44   #2185
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 73
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Chose the baleno over the jazz due to the following reasons, might be of help:
-much better initial pick up, jazz feels lethargic in comparison
-better FE, Autocar and users too say so
-model for model, Delta Automatic is much cheaper and better equipped than the barebones S Automatic of the jazz, zeta is better than the V and alpha in a league of its own, with pricing close to the V model, discounts notwithstanding.
-paddle shifts are a major advantage of the jazz but available only in V
-much better resale of the baleno due to its blockbuster status versus a mild response for the jazz
-maruti coming up with nexa exclusive service centers for a more exclusive experience
-5k service interval for the jazz
-much better MID on the baleno
-better looks (subjective)
Thanks! And what about Ciaz?
Talking of specs, I'm looking at Baleno Alpha CVT/ Jazz V CVT /Ciaz Delta AT.
meetgds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 16:47   #2186
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 160
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Thanks! And what about Ciaz?
Talking of specs, I'm looking at Baleno Alpha CVT/ Jazz V CVT /Ciaz Delta AT.
Just edited my post, please go through
Had I been in your place, would have gone in for the alpha, excellent levels of equipment for the price
Also, I went in for the Delta Automatic solely because of immediate availability in my color of choice, otherwise I was going in for the zeta Automatic
Test drove the ciaz Automatic extensively too, in case you want some inputs, might as well PM me
I also own a polo GT Tsi, so will be able to tell you better.
Just one word on that car though, if you can extend your budget, please go for it.Best Indian automatic hatch below 10 Lacs ex showroom currently, period.
dhruvritzed is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 03:36   #2187
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 11
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Thanks! And what about Ciaz?
Talking of specs, I'm looking at Baleno Alpha CVT/ Jazz V CVT /Ciaz Delta AT.
Hi, do check the Overdrive comparison of Jazz and Baleno CVT's. My personal opinion would be to go for Jazz if you are choosing between CVT's, their CVT has been around in India for sometime now and I would consider it more reliable and refined. I would not even consider 4 speed AT of Ciaz if I'm looking for an automatic.
Also suggest you to test drive these cars on the same day, may be couple of test drives, so that you have no doubts on the type of car you want, depending on how it behaves, looks and feels. I haven't driven any Maruti Suzuki CVT's yet.
Note that the Baleno CVT is a lighter car than Jazz, so presumably it would have better pickup and mileage and as already mentioned is the better loaded with features. To throw in some spec differences, the Jazz has a bigger fuel tank at 40l and bigger boot space, not to forget the 7 speed(virtual) paddle shifters which you can use to enjoy some sporty ride.
Also head to euroncap site to read about the various aspects in which both cars were tested and how they fared. I know it does not give the right picture about the car in sale in India but read on to come to your own conclusions.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 09:02   #2188
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 73
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
I would not even consider 4 speed AT of Ciaz if I'm looking for an automatic.
I was of the same impression earlier, but I went through the official Ciaz thread and it seems that the Ciaz automatic owners are pretty pleased with it. Although no body boasts about the performance, almost all are happy with the ride quality and smooth gear shifts.
meetgds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 09:07   #2189
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 73
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Had I been in your place, would have gone in for the alpha, excellent levels of equipment for the price
Sorry, but are you talking about the Baleno Alpha or the Ciaz Alpha here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Just one word on that car though, if you can extend your budget, please go for it.Best Indian automatic hatch below 10 Lacs ex showroom currently, period.
Agreed, performance and build quality wise, Polo GT wins hands down, but the poor ASS and high maintenance cost, along with tight rear space made me keep it out of the list.
meetgds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 09:33   #2190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 160
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

[quote=meetgds;4239777]Sorry, but are you talking about the Baleno Alpha or the Ciaz Alpha here?


Talking about the Baleno alpha here!!
dhruvritzed is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks