Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 12:58   #586
JD1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 231
Thanked: 134 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

A colleague has decided to buy SV variant (Petrol). Apart from no discounts, Magnum Honda (Kanakapura road) are even refusing to let him take insurance from outside (he would be saving few thousand by taking outside insurance). Is that normal? Does anyone who bought from Bangalore has better experience from other Honda dealers?
JD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 13:44   #587
BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore / Coc
Posts: 644
Thanked: 1,140 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
A colleague has decided to buy SV variant (Petrol). Apart from no discounts, Magnum Honda (Kanakapura road) are even refusing to let him take insurance from outside (he would be saving few thousand by taking outside insurance). Is that normal? Does anyone who bought from Bangalore has better experience from other Honda dealers?
Head to Whitefield Honda. They will let you get insurance from outside. Good pleasant folks as well.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 16:51   #588
BHPian
 
naikameya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Can any of the new owners post a pic for <1>? The previous one din't have one but there is lot of space to rest your foot beside the clutch.. so never felt the need of one.

Agree on <2>. I think the rear bumper of the Elite I20 is better.. at least there is some bumper.. It's absolutely zeo in the Jazz. It was the same for the previous gen Jazz as well and I have been on the receiving end a couple of times
1. I have 2nd version of previous gen. of Jazz, and I have this rubber mat in place of foot rest. It is almost 3 years now(close to 19000 kms) and it has not moved even a one bit. I use foot rest a lot since I had it, even in my 2000 Santro. So durability should not be an issue unless Honda has changed the glue.
I don't find it as cost saving as the angle of the floor where there is this foot rest mat, is spot on. Having another wedge would spoiled the ergonomics.
Every absence of physical material is not cost saving.

2. Yes this is the problem, and I have suffered as well. But what I have observed it is same with all the cars today, even internationally. My Esteem has a decent bumper though but it is a decade old.

On the absence of start stop button, I had a long inspection of the car in showroom and absolutely forgot about it as it is completely out of your view and it doesn't stand out in your everyday use. So those who are planning to buy a Jazz for space please go ahead, that circular cap is not going to be a pain at all.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 17:13   #589
BHPian
 
reihem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

picked up a taffeta white CVT yesterday
Compulsory showroom puja
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0276.jpg

Angle One
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0277.jpg

Angle Two
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0278.jpg

Back home !
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0283.jpg
reihem is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 18:54   #590
BHPian
 
vijjuvk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Congratulations Reihem. Jazz looks smashing in White. Wish you many happy miles.
vijjuvk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 21:11   #591
BHPian
 
reihem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Congratulations Reihem. Jazz looks smashing in White. Wish you many happy miles.
i haven't been allowed to drive it much :-( ... i drove it till the petrol bunk next to the dealer and my wife has driven it since ! I snuck it out for a spin last night.
reihem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 15:29   #592
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,808
Thanked: 206 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Assuming we already have few CVT owners, what is the real life FE? A friend is considering Jazz and he needs more motivation for the CVT.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 15:40   #593
BHPian
 
sourav9385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 415
Thanked: 686 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
picked up a taffeta white CVT yesterday...
Hey there!

Congratulations on your new acquisition! It looks absolutely smashing in white!

Was your car registered at the Thiruvanmiyur RTO?

If yes, have you been given an ETA on the RC card?

It's been almost 2 months since we got our elite i20, but we have not received the RC till date.

Everytime we are told that the smart cards are out of stock
sourav9385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 17:17   #594
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Excellent review- rated 5 stars. The pros as well as the cons are really well laid out. But, the ol' Jazz in a pre-loved condition seems more VFM now

One more interesting thing in optional accessories- I see a Central armrest there
its nice to see an armrest as an accessory where as it comes in the Elite i20 asta as standard. Also note that the armrest costs 11-15k
Its ideally less than half that price if we were to order it online. On the whole, Elite i20 makes for a better option whether its petrol or diesel.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 20:21   #595
BHPian
 
vijjuvk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
its nice to see an armrest as an accessory where as it comes in the Elite i20 asta as standard. Also note that the armrest costs 11-15k
Its ideally less than half that price if we were to order it online. On the whole, Elite i20 makes for a better option whether its petrol or diesel.
Keshav - I believe this thread is dedicated for Honda Jazz and not to check if Elite i20 has an armrest / being better option for petrol & diesel. I strongly feel that such irrelevant discussions should be avoided.
vijjuvk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 20:25   #596
BHPian
 
reihem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Hey there!

Congratulations on your new acquisition! It looks absolutely smashing in white!

Was your car registered at the Thiruvanmiyur RTO?

If yes, have you been given an ETA on the RC card?

It's been almost 2 months since we got our elite i20, but we have not received the RC till date.

Everytime we are told that the smart cards are out of stock

They said a month tops :-/ ! I'm worried now.
reihem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 11:45   #597
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Mod Note : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family, and any discriminating or derogatory comment will NOT be permitted.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Keshav - I believe this thread is dedicated for Honda Jazz and not to check if Elite i20 has an armrest / being better option for petrol & diesel. I strongly feel that such irrelevant discussions should be avoided.
Dear vijjuvk

First of all, I spoke about an armrest for the Honda Jazz. So it is very much relevant to this thread. Secondly, the direct competition to the Jazz is the Elite i20. So again, whatever I have compared it to makes perfect sense. For a premium hatchback the Armrest feature is a relevant one.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2015 at 12:22. Reason: Removed offensive language. Please maintain softer language and tone.
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2015, 09:15   #598
BHPian
 
reihem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

^^ keep it civil guys :-)

On an other note. Having brought my new Jazz home, three things came to my attention, 1. Since this a "high demand, new vehicle" even basic accessories like mats were not provided and the carpeting was getting ruined with each ride; 2. the windshield is MASSIVE, the damn thing is like a glass arc and acts like a solar cooker when driving in direct sunlight. On a positive note, it gives the cabin an airy and open feel. 3. No undercoating treatment was offered or done and even if it had been offered I would have always had a nagging doubt about whether a dealer would be bothered enough to do a good job.

I headed straight to 3M to get all these issues rectified. 1. Got their fanciest film - 3M's CR70 for the front windshield. 2. Got the under treatment done with 3M Body Schutz Gold and 3. Got grey Nomad carpeting done.

Everything was flawless, attaching pictures. One issue was the RFID tags that all new cars come with, the film on the windshield needs to be applied over it and there is a tiny gap of air that forms around it. Not an issue, but I wanted a clean flawless application.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0288.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0290.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0289.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0298.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0297.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0300.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0299.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0301.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0302.jpg
reihem is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2015, 16:36   #599
BHPian
 
DieselTorq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
^^ keep it civil guys :-)

On an other note. Having brought my new Jazz home, three things came to my attention, 1. Since this a "high demand, new vehicle" even basic accessories like mats were not provided and the carpeting was getting ruined with each ride; 2. the windshield is MASSIVE, the damn thing is like a glass arc and acts like a solar cooker when driving in direct sunlight. On a positive note, it gives the cabin an airy and open feel. 3. No undercoating treatment was offered or done and even if it had been offered I would have always had a nagging doubt about whether a dealer would be bothered enough to do a good job.

I headed straight to 3M to get all these issues rectified. 1. Got their fanciest film - 3M's CR70 for the front windshield. 2. Got the under treatment done with 3M Body Schutz Gold and 3. Got grey Nomad carpeting done.
Hi Mate,
Congratulation on your new purchase and Thanks for sharing the pictures. Just heading now to the showroom to get the Jazz SV IDTEC.I have to do all the ones you have done to your Car.
I am in discussion with few accessory shops to check on the seat covers and found the price for PU Leather ranging from 6k to 10k.I am just susceptible whether the brand they show us while canvassing will be used while delivering the stitched/finished product. I had a look at the price on the accessory list for PU Seatcover at the Honda Showroom. The cost was approx 6k to 7k.Just wondering which one to go for. I do believe that the quality of the seat cover provided by the showroom as an accessory will be better or equal to the accessory shops.[/COLOR]

What would be your and our fellow BHPians view on this? Which one to go for? Which one will be more trustable in terms of quality/fit and finish?

Mod Note: Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word software (MS Word etc.). That results in a formatting error on our Forum.

Click here to know how to remove FONT Tags from your post (Removing [FONT] [SIZE] and [COLOR] tags from your post).

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st August 2015 at 16:46.
DieselTorq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2015, 17:40   #600
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 99
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Guts, any news of an RS variant for JAZZ this festive season?
AveekKumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks