Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 13:09   #1006
BHPian
 
Flanker99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Hey Guys, need some suggestions to repair this. Seems like a kid trying his hands after a drawing class :( The scratches are too deep and rubbing compound won't help. I think a complete panel repaint would be required.
A very sad sight. I had a similar experience 2 weeks back when a BEST bus coming from the opposite side hit a bike which then fell on the driver's side door. One long scratch mark just below the key hole and a rectangular patch of 2 by 3 inches in front of it. No dents just extensive damage to the paint.

Total cost: INR 3,800 (before taxes)/INR 4,476 (after taxes). Got it done from my dealer itself as the servicing was also due. They said that painting the entire door was the only option.

I thought of claiming insurance. But then it was the week before Diwali. Claiming insurance might have taken time and also I might have lost out on the 'no claim' bonus. Gave the car to the dealer on the 5th of November and got it back on the 9th of November.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 20th November 2015 at 13:13.
Flanker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 20:32   #1007
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Delhi/Indore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Total cost: INR 3,800 (before taxes)/INR 4,476 (after taxes). Got it done from my dealer itself as the servicing was also due. They said that painting the entire door was the only option.
Any guess for the fender repainting cost? I'm sure claiming insurance won't be a good idea but just wondering how much its going to cost. Alternatively, thought of getting a touch up done to prevent rusting and then covering it up with a spanking "Live To Drive" sticker.

These things occur time an often and spending thousands each time is difficult. It really was a bad day for me when this happened. Drove the car off in a bad mood to a nearby market and while moving out of the parking lot, failed to see a huge hump on the road since it was too dark and ended up hitting the belly. Immediately pulled off to see if I could see any fluids draining out but thankfully it wasn't the case. Yet to gauge the damage done but seems alright to me at the moment. Would have surely taken off the anti-rust coating from that area but will get a touch up when I visit Delhi the next time. These really are nightmares for an owner with a new car

Just the other day, my friends 6 months old Rapid was scratched badly by a maniac. Don't know what was used but the scratch is end to end (tail light to head light). Its gonna be an expensive repair for him.

Last edited by k.sumit : 20th November 2015 at 20:36.
k.sumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 23:10   #1008
BHPian
 
Flanker99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Any guess for the fender repainting cost?
No idea k.sumit. From the picture you have posted all I can guess is that the panel of your car that is affected might be slightly smaller as compared to the front door in terms of area. Assuming you take it to your dealer or a Honda workshop they will give you the same excuse that the entire panel needs to be painted to ensure consistency. Hence you can probably expect a figure in the range of INR 3,000 - INR 4,000 (before tax), probably towards the lower end.

I think you can probably ask the Honda workshop for an estimate first, both of time and money. Then maybe compare it with the estimate from a local garage walla. Although, to be very honest, I won't be very comfortable handing over my new car to a local garage.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 20th November 2015 at 23:12.
Flanker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 15:01   #1009
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Amazing inputs from reviewers and users.

Have a 2007 City ZX and I test-drove the Jazz V today. The only other car I am confused with is the Baleno Zeta (the nearest Nexa dealership doesn't have a test vehicle yet, so maybe next week). Difference between the 2 seems to be about a lac OTR.

Looking at a Petrol MT. Wouldn't have it any other way.
hershlulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 19:15   #1010
BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore / Coc
Posts: 644
Thanked: 1,140 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I gave my Honda Jazz CVT for the first service at Whitefield Honda today morning. I had confirmed an appointment yesterday for before 10 AM. I reached by 9:40 and found a long line of grumpy owners sitting in the lounge waiting to be attended to. They finally attended to me only at around 10:25 and said the car will be ready by 4 and that they will call me. Given that the first service doesnt really entail too much of work, I asked them to call me early so I would have time to reach there in the evening.


Surprisingly they never got in touch with me and after I called them at around 3:15 they said they will check and let me know the status. They called back in 5 mins saying the car is ready! Im not sure why they didnt bother to call me and let me know in the first place.


I wasnt charged for the first service but I was quite disappointed with the experience overall. I was sharing my experience with a senior lady who was at the service lounge and she said she will give me a feedback form for me to list my points. I didnt get that either. Where is the premium Honda customer service that everyone talks about?


I know people like to bash Fiat on service but every time I have given my car to the Fiat SVCs, they have always called me and kept me constantly updated on the work that they are doing and how long it will take. Honda didnt seem to be bothered. Fiat - 1. Honda - 0.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 20:39   #1011
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,541
Thanked: 1,006 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

^^

Even though I own the car for more than 5 years and I absolutely love the car for its space, engine,quality and supreme reliability, I am not at all impressed with the Honda service. At best, it can be rated as average. Many times, I was made to wait before some SA attended to the car. Even for the driver airbag replacement, I had to be really proactive to get it done. They stopped offering free pickup and drop. Good thing is the car has been very reliable and devoid of any issues and the service costs have been very reasonable (cheaper than Hyundai Santro where bills started shooting up from the 4th year onwards). Otherwise, I am not so sure if my ownership experience would have been so pleasant.

Last edited by adimicra : 24th November 2015 at 20:40.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 21:06   #1012
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Where is the premium Honda customer service that everyone talks about?
Welcome to the absurd world of Honda. The company is responsive sometimes, but the dealers are truly pathetic. I thought Metro Ford here was bad, but atleast they kept you in the loop. Good news is that Whitefield Honda is the worst culprit, and their body shop is a horror story. You have to be lucky to get a good SA. Magnum is better, and I've now taken to getting mine serviced at TVS, Coimbatore who are infinitely better though expensive.

But as Adi said, there is little that goes wrong with a Honda. So just use the pickup & drop for the initial free services. Apparently they've begun charging 250 but it beats going thru KR Puram.
Juggy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 21:16   #1013
BHPian
 
WRXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 251
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Welcome to the absurd world of Honda. The company is responsive sometimes, but the dealers are truly pathetic. I thought Metro Ford here was bad, but atleast they kept you in the loop. Good news is that Whitefield Honda is the worst culprit, and their body shop is a horror story. You have to be lucky to get a good SA. Magnum is better, and I've now taken to getting mine serviced at TVS, Coimbatore who are infinitely better though expensive.

But as Adi said, there is little that goes wrong with a Honda. So just use the pickup & drop for the initial free services. Apparently they've begun charging 250 but it beats going thru KR Puram.
But, please do make sure you take the delivery of the car after proper inspection. I had to really go a long way to prove that service folks had scratched the windshield when they home delivered it back to me. Finally they agreed and replaced the windshield.

Hondas usually have very high reliability, once you are done with the warranty you just keep doing periodic maintainance like oil changes filter changes and wheel balancing, car would just run niggle free. In fact Jazz is rated the most niggle free car in UK previously. New one should be good too barring few issues now that it is actually built here.
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 11:23   #1014
BHPian
 
tazmaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 604 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

My Car has gone for the 1st service today. The plastic cladding under the wiper was lose since day 1, front driver side window rubber beading has become loose which will be fixed by them.

There is a mild rattle from the rear seat or the parcel trey which they are looking into. Its not audible unless you sit behind the driver.

Should be done by afternoon, they said 2 hrs but lets see how much time it takes. A reminder call was given early morning and the car was received promptly by Linkway Honda.

I am not sure if I should stick with Linkway since my other Honda goes to Solitaire. Solitaire has been 'just' satisfactory over last 5 years lets see if Linkway is better.

Like others said the advantage is these cars are niggle free and its usually just the routine service or accidental repairs that are done. This hides the shortcomings of the dealership in handling critical issues.
tazmaan is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 12:16   #1015
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
My Car has gone for the 1st service today. The plastic cladding under the wiper was lose since day 1, front driver side window rubber beading has become loose which will be fixed by them.

There is a mild rattle from the rear seat or the parcel trey which they are looking into. Its not audible unless you sit behind the driver.

Should be done by afternoon, they said 2 hrs but lets see how much time it takes. A reminder call was given early morning and the car was received promptly by Linkway Honda.

I am not sure if I should stick with Linkway since my other Honda goes to Solitaire. Solitaire has been 'just' satisfactory over last 5 years lets see if Linkway is better.

Like others said the advantage is these cars are niggle free and its usually just the routine service or accidental repairs that are done. This hides the shortcomings of the dealership in handling critical issues.
Dear tazmaan,

My JAZZ V CVT will go for its first service to Deccan Honda in Pune on Saturday, 28 Nov 2015.

I have no issues to tackle. So, I would be obliged if you could share some information about the work done and if you landed up paying for anything.

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 23:43   #1016
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 559
Thanked: 2,248 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Like others said the advantage is these cars are niggle free and its usually just the routine service or accidental repairs that are done. This hides the shortcomings of the dealership in handling critical issues.
Just my two paisa on the Jazz and Honda's service. The reason the Honda service is usually routine is because the cars are built for reliability and are not meant to be coming in for serious problems in the first place just because they have been driven around a few tens of thousands of kilometres. Our Jazz went through the ministrations of 4 grown up children of our joint family learning to drive on it over a 5 year odd period. Not only did the gearbox shriek endlessly but the car twice got banged up seriously due to some young adult pressing the wrong pedal at the right time Honda patched and (twice) painted up the old girl and she runs as smoothly as she did almost 6 years ago and looks smart and polished. I hope you enjoy your Jazz as much as I have enjoyed mine.
V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 10:44   #1017
BHPian
 
tazmaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 604 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Back from service, it took them 6 hours instead of scheduled 2 hours. They had to use some adhesive for the rubber beading which has drying time of 3 hours. They have mentioned every work done on the invoice amounting INR 0/- .

Work done
1. 1000 kms free service
2. Inspect Drive belt and Tension
3. Clean Air filter
4. Inspect Idle speed
5. Check cowl panel and fix properly
6. Check all window door outer bidding and fix properly
7. Check noise coming from RR side - Cut Cut Noise


All of above is mentioned on job sheet and invoice for records. I was unable to verify the cut cut noise as I could not sit behind and check the noise. Why picking up the car my driver did see the technician being driven around seated in the trunk to check for noise!

Next service in May since I won't do 5000kms before that.
tazmaan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 11:49   #1018
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Back from service, it took them 6 hours instead of scheduled 2 hours. They had to use some adhesive for the rubber beading which has drying time of 3 hours. They have mentioned every work done on the invoice amounting INR 0/- .

Work done
1. 1000 kms free service
2. Inspect Drive belt and Tension
3. Clean Air filter
4. Inspect Idle speed
5. Check cowl panel and fix properly
6. Check all window door outer bidding and fix properly
7. Check noise coming from RR side - Cut Cut Noise


All of above is mentioned on job sheet and invoice for records. I was unable to verify the cut cut noise as I could not sit behind and check the noise. Why picking up the car my driver did see the technician being driven around seated in the trunk to check for noise!

Next service in May since I won't do 5000kms before that.
Dear tazmaan,

Thanks for the update.
After Saturday's service I will also update the details of work done.

Just a stupid question - How does 'inspecting' or 'checking' classify as work?
Did they confirm that all was well after the checking?

Another question - have you been able to see any improvement in drive and/or FE?
GKMahajan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 12:00   #1019
BHPian
 
teemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 307
Thanked: 340 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Why picking up the car my driver did see the technician being driven around seated in the trunk to check for noise!
Wow! That is a thorough checking for the noise; but were they able to locate the culprit for the noise and correct it? Is the noise taken care of now?
teemus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 09:12   #1020
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 357
Thanked: 281 Times
Default

Finally my Jazz CVT ownership thread is approved and moved to initial ownership forum
urajkumar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks