Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 20:09   #1231
BHPian
 
MetalBuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai, Florida
Posts: 457
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Dear Shivang,
She looks breathtaking sun bathed. I am eagerly looking for the delivery of my machine. The pain of being without car and being dependent on taxi apps is something which has troubled me and my better half for a month now. I was able to speak to the head of sales of Honda cars India and keeping my fingers crossed for an early delivery. What is the FE she is giving? Your car reminds me of the song, "to kheench meri photo, to kheench meri photo piya". She is gorgeous!

Drive safe and keep revvin,
MDED
Whoa, that's way too much a wait! During the year end period, the Jazz was readily available in any color of choice here in Mumbai.

As for the mileage, we drove it for the first 510 kms purely within the city so, got a consistent 12 which went up to some 20 odd during a recent 500 kms highway trip.

Being without a car at the behest of cabs can be very frustrating. I was without a car for 3 months so, I know what you feel, my friend! All this WILL disappear when you get your hands on YOUR RIDE. Hoping that happens soon enough.

P.S. Many thanks for the kind words

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 20:22   #1232
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Madras Musings
Posts: 107
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Whoa, that's way too much a wait! During the year end period, the Jazz was readily available in any color of choice here in Mumbai.
Hello,
I have got some good news. My SA called me today morning advising that the car might be ready by next weekend and asked me to keep the money ready. I was extremely happy and immediately called my wife and you can guess what would have been her reaction. I am not taking insurance offered by the dealership and opting for the one provided by my banks channel partner and this is helping me save some 6000 odd rupees on bumper to bumper with nil depreciation coverage. Additionally I was able to get Rs 3000 as corporate discount too. I have taken extended warranty offered by Honda for Rs 7200 and have not opted for RSA provided by them, as the insurance company itself is providing the same. So, the on road price for SV ivtech comes to Rs 7.75 lakh (2016).

I shall post photos of my golden brown beauty once I have her under my command.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2016 at 02:13. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 21:28   #1233
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hello,
I have got some good news. My SA called me today morning advising that the car might be ready by next weekend and asked me to keep the money ready.
Congrats Mded!! How much did you pay as the booking amount and which dealership did you book your car from? I am planning to pay an advance this week for the V AT and according to SA they dont have ready stock and might get delivered only in March

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2016 at 02:14. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 15:21   #1234
BHPian
 
tazmaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 603 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Got the first scar on my Jazz. I have no clue how it happened and where it happened. The scratches are deep but there is no damage to the bumper mounts.

It must have happened when car was parked or on a Sunday morning when we play cricket in the building a lot of cars are stacked up to make space for cricket.

I don't plan to claim insurance or even get it painted anytime soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_8426.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 16:06   #1235
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 489
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Got the first scar on my Jazz. I have no clue how it happened and where it happened. The scratches are deep but there is no damage to the bumper mounts.

It must have happened when car was parked or on a Sunday morning when we play cricket in the building a lot of cars are stacked up to make space for cricket.

I don't plan to claim insurance or even get it painted anytime soon.
Dear tazmaan,

On a lighter note - please treat that as a 'beauty-spot'.

At least until you get it looked at .. maybe when you get the next service done.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 18:44   #1236
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Madras Musings
Posts: 107
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Congrats Mded!! How much did you pay as the booking amount and which dealership did you book your car from? I am planning to pay an advance this week for the V AT and according to SA they dont have ready stock and might get delivered only in March
Hello Praveen,
I paid an amount of Rs 21000 for advance to Sundaram Honda, Anna Salai, Chennai. Yes, Jazz is having long waiting periods in Chennai. If you do not have any specific color choice, then you might be lucky. Which dealership you have approached for booking?

Hope to see you in our t-BHP Chennai meets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Got the first scar on my Jazz. I have no clue how it happened and where it happened. The scratches are deep but there is no damage to the bumper mounts.

It must have happened when car was parked or on a Sunday morning when we play cricket in the building a lot of cars are stacked up to make space for cricket.

I don't plan to claim insurance or even get it painted anytime soon.
Hello Tazman,
I can very well say that not claiming insurance for this minor scruff is a good move. Over a period of time you might get used to it. Nonetheless, seeing something like this makes our heart wrench.

I am due to take the delivery of my jazz ivtech (SV variant) early next week and was wondering if you can guide me on the accessories to be purchased. Accessories list shared by Honda Dealer is priced at a very premium rate. Four mud flaps are costing more than Rs 2200 and this sounds too much for sheets of plastic. Could you please suggest any online link for getting these accessories at a competitive rates.

Accessories price list is attached.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20151005_133535.pdf (398.7 KB, 273 views)
MDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 07:03   #1237
BHPian
 
TD_GHY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 160
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi TD_GHY. Are you saying the car slid back despite applying the handbrake? If yes, that issue might need looking into.
I checked if the handbrake works well while on slopes. It does not slid back like it did the last time. Maybe it had happened last time due to our not applying it at the right time or properly.

However, I am still finding it difficult to climb slopes in the first car. It climbs up easily in 3rd gear if we climb the slope driving as usual without the need to stop anywhere in between. But if I stop the car midway in the slope (which will happen anyway in case of a traffic jam), it struggles to climb. Many at times, the engine would turn off and I need to start it again. Does anybody else face this problem? Or has it to do with my driving?
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 10:42   #1238
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hello Praveen,
I paid an amount of Rs 21000 for advance to Sundaram Honda, Anna Salai, Chennai. Yes, Jazz is having long waiting periods in Chennai. If you do not have any specific color choice, then you might be lucky. Which dealership you have approached for booking?

Hope to see you in our t-BHP Chennai meets!
Glad to announce that I have finally bit the "silver" bullet (pun intended) and booked the Silver V-CVT yesterday at Capital Honda, near Airport. Paid an advance of 51000 and dealer is quoting 3-4weeks max for delivery but promised to get it at the earliest by 3 weeks. Lets hope he keeps his promise. The Red V-CVT is readily available but wifey is against it.

Good experience on the booking part as the dealer readily agreed for getting my own insurance from outside and also offered to match the finance quote if I am able to find a better deal outside (Finance at 9.6% diminishing). What I liked also is that all these are clearly mentioned in the booking docket and avoids any misunderstandings at a later time.

Yes the official accessories are on the expensive side and I am pushing the dealer to offer floor mats and mud flaps at least as freebies. Also I very much like the VX model's black fabric seats and looking out to find something similar for the V variant. It would be great if someone can let me know if I can source it from outside.

It has been a long while since I last joined a meet. Hoping be part of one soon.

Feels great to be part of the Jazz group and eagerly awaiting the delivery! .
praveen_v is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 10:56   #1239
BHPian
 
tazmaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 603 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Glad to announce that I have finally bit the "silver" bullet (pun intended) and booked the Silver V-CVT yesterday at Capital Honda, near Airport.
Congrats on your booking, hope you get the delivery soon. Welcome to the Jazz club.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post

Hello Tazman,
I can very well say that not claiming insurance for this minor scruff is a good move. Over a period of time you might get used to it. Nonetheless, seeing something like this makes our heart wrench.
I didn't buy any accessories from Honda. I ordered the center arm rest from Ali express and installed mud-flaps, seat covers and mats at the local accessory shop. The Center Arm rest cost me around INR 3500 and the quality is decent. I have posted pictures on this thread before.

I feel Honda accessories are too expensive and hence decided not to buy from them. I have installed stuff which will have no warranty implication.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2016 at 02:14. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 11:07   #1240
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Madras Musings
Posts: 107
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Glad to announce that I have finally bit the "silver" bullet (pun intended) and booked the Silver V-CVT yesterday at Capital Honda, near Airport. Paid an advance of 51000 and dealer is quoting 3-4weeks max for delivery but promised to get it at the earliest by 3 weeks. Lets hope he keeps his promise. The Red V-CVT is readily available but wifey is against it.
Hello Praveen,

Bingo! I am pretty sure that you will have wonderful time with your new Jazz. Generally in South India I have observed people have a penchant for red color. But, alas your better half is against the idea of it
Rs 51000 is on a higher side for booking advance. Indeed the top variants Black seat looks delicious and an aftermarket stuff can be very well purchased. This might cost you above Rs 5000 and upto Rs 10000. I am getting SV variant and this comes with beige fabric seat and I am planning to buy black seat cover from either ebay or some other website.

If you are able to manage door mats and mud flaps for free from the dealer, then it will be a great deal, as to the best of my knowledge Honda dealers across India are not offering any freebies with Jazz. My cousin has enquired about the same in Mumbai and the dealer refused to provide any accessories. It was like, take it or leave it! The mud flap price as per the Honda GA is on steeper side as compared to the stuffs available online. And if your dealer refuses to provide mud flaps for free, then choose "Mud Flaps without fender cover" as higher variants of Jazz comes with fender cover.
And do remember to mention the dealer that you would like to PDI before registration as lot of dealers owing to space constraint in their showrooms tend to register the vehicle and then bring it for delivery! Have a word with your dealer regarding the same once the car has reached the warehouse of the company.

As far as finance option is considered, I guess 9.60% is a great deal. Based on my 7 years of banking experience I can very well tell its a good deal. Do check on pre-closure charges and insisit on a bank which doesnt have pre-payment charges, as it is not advisable to run your car loan for longer duration if you are a salaried person.

Wishing you all the best!

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2016 at 02:15. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
MDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 06:12   #1241
BHPian
 
Flanker99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
I checked if the handbrake works well while on slopes. It does not slid back like it did the last time. Maybe it had happened last time due to our not applying it at the right time or properly.

However, I am still finding it difficult to climb slopes in the first car. It climbs up easily in 3rd gear if we climb the slope driving as usual without the need to stop anywhere in between. But if I stop the car midway in the slope (which will happen anyway in case of a traffic jam), it struggles to climb. Many at times, the engine would turn off and I need to start it again. Does anybody else face this problem? Or has it to do with my driving?
I think it's probably your driving style. Also the Jazz's gearing ratios could be playing a role as well. In the early days I used to have the same problem. My previous car was a WagonR. It sounds silly but that one felt much quicker on its feet whether on flat surfaces or on inclines albeit with the AC switched off. I guess since this is your first car you just need some (more) time to get used to it. But overall I feel that your Jazz seems to be mechanically sound.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 17:09   #1242
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Madras Musings
Posts: 107
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Those are just HID bulbs. You need projector housing lens also. Projectors help throw (or project) light in straight line.
Hi,
I am taking delivery of my Jazz this week (in all possibility). Was curious to know how much I need to shell out for getting projector headlamps installed in my vehicle? I have one more query regarding the alloy wheels. I am buying SV variant which comes with normal steel wheel and alloy wheels as per Honda GA price list comes to Rs 12000 per wheel! This I feel is steep. My dealers have refused to trade in the steel wheel for the alloy wheels even I have agreed to make good the differential amount. If i fit alloy wheels (15 inch) purchased from other tyre shops while trading in my steel wheels, whether my warranty will get void!
Please suggest!
Thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2016 at 02:15. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
MDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 21:23   #1243
BHPian
 
TD_GHY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 160
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
I am buying SV variant which comes with normal steel wheel and alloy wheels as per Honda GA price list comes to Rs 12000 per wheel!

If i fit alloy wheels (15 inch) purchased from other tyre shops while trading in my steel wheels, whether my warranty will get void!
Please suggest!
Thanks
Congratulations on the early delivery

I think one can get the V variant over SV at around 48000 more. Can't understand the logic behind Honda's GA prices at all.

Best will be to ask your SA about the warranty thing. Since alloys don't involve any cutting of wires and such, it shouldn't be an issue. But better to be doubly sure.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 22:35   #1244
BHPian
 
aerohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: India
Posts: 798
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hi,
I am taking delivery of my Jazz this week (in all possibility). Was curious to know how much I need to shell out for getting projector headlamps installed in my vehicle? I have one more query regarding the alloy wheels. I am buying SV variant which comes with normal steel wheel and alloy wheels as per Honda GA price list comes to Rs 12000 per wheel! This I feel is steep. My dealers have refused to trade in the steel wheel for the alloy wheels even I have agreed to make good the differential amount. If i fit alloy wheels (15 inch) purchased from other tyre shops while trading in my steel wheels, whether my warranty will get void!
Please suggest!
Thanks
Rims will not void the warranty, however, if something goes wrong in future for example, you get suspension rattle, then the dealer can blame your foreign alloy wheels. So, if you do get alloy wheels, I would advice you to stick to OEM Honda factory rims instead of aftermarket ones.
Reason 1 - You dont know if after mkarket rims are light or heavy. Heavy alloy rims will destroy your suspension sooner.
Reason 2 - You dont know how strong they are. A poor quality rim can crack and you can get in an accident!

If I was you, I would look for a used Honda rims on OLX.
For example- http://www.olx.in/item/brand-new-set...tml#cf85481bac

A new honda alloy should typically cost around 5000. If nothing else work just enjoy the car for now and wait until you find a good deal in future. Dont waste money.

About projectors - you will have to import those. I am not sure if they are available in India. For now, I would just upgrade the bulb within the wattage limit. Check lights/bulb thread for details.

Last edited by aerohit : 21st February 2016 at 22:44.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 22:54   #1245
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Madras Musings
Posts: 107
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Rims will not void the warranty, however, if something goes wrong in future for example, you get suspension rattle, then the dealer can blame your foreign alloy wheels. So, if you do get alloy wheels, I would advice you to stick to OEM Honda factory rims instead of aftermarket ones.
Thank you Rohit for such wonderful insight. Price of Rs 5000 is definitely on a reasonable side as compared to whopping Rs 12000 quoted by Honda guys. As recommended by you I will stick to the regular 15" steel wheels stock tyres for the time being and will look for oem alloys on olx in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Congratulations on the early delivery

I think one can get the V variant over SV at around 48000 more. Can't understand the logic behind Honda's GA prices at all.

Best will be to ask your SA about the warranty thing. Since alloys don't involve any cutting of wires and such, it shouldn't be an issue. But better to be doubly sure.
Yes brother, one variant above SV is v and it's priced Rs 48000 more than the preceeding variant. I did considered buying V variant but owing to finance issue dropped the idea of it. By the time me and wifey decided to go for V variant, it was quite late and the vehicle was allotted to us and had reached chennai. We still had the option of not taking SV and wait for V, but decided against it as spending on cabs was beyond our comfort levels and plus my covered parking space was also under threat at my official residence which happens to be Quarters for officers. Hence went ahead with SV variant. I will check with Honda customer regarding the warranty query. Thanks for your inputs.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2016 at 02:16. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
MDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks